As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Ice Cream]

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Cookie dough
    You can get little mochi balls as a topping at most frozen yogurt shops; they're little white powdery things that are a bit more solid than a marshmallow. They work really well cause they don't turn rock hard when met with the super cold yogurt.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Vanilla bean
    Vanilla bean

my first love

my safe harbour

my constant

bowenTheStig
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Cookie dough
    Superman ice cream is bomb.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the poll system on these boards is woefully inadequate, I demand to speak with the management

I tend to gravitate between preferring vanilla, chocolate, chocolate with fudge and brownies and shit in it, strawberry, coffee, mint chip, and cookie dough over periods of months.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Feed me all the strawberries

Mayabird
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I had probably the best ice cream I've had in a long time at a farmers' market last week. It was pumpkin and almond, and it was great.

wandering
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Actually, I prefer gelato
    #pipe wrote: »
    mochi? it's good

Mochi is sticky rice which is pounded into flour and mixed with water and sugar to make a smooth paste. When cooked it turns into a chewy treat which is the basis for a lot of Japanese desserts.

Mochi Ice Cream is ice cream wrapped in mochi.

thanks doctor ice cream

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    VeldrinBlankZoe
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    mint chip is the best ice cream by far, but goddamn a good gelato just cannot be beat

a mint chip gelato? chef's kiss

3cl1ps3
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    There's a place in the next town over in Okanagan Falls called Tickleberry's

It is the best ice cream shop I've ever been to ( and I'm old and have been to many !) soooo many flavors, like just endless aisles of ice cream and chocolate.

But the best part is the 10 scoop cone

You eat the whole thing? It's free

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    wandering
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cookie dough
    I enjoy ice-cream, not as much as I used to due to my lactose intolerance, but I still like it.

The only flavors that they sell for folks like me are vanilla & chocolate, which is something I guess!

But honestly, I wish they'd include Strawberry to that list so I could get some Neapolitan ice cream going on.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I enjoy ice-cream, not as much as I used to due to my lactose intolerance, but I still like it.

The only flavors that they sell for folks like me are vanilla & chocolate, which is something I guess!

But honestly, I wish they'd include Strawberry to that list so I could get some Neapolitan ice cream going on.

are you able to have/do you enjoy like soy/coconut/almond creams? my wife is also lactose (mostly) intolerant but eats plenty of pistachios and rocky roads and caramels of varying quality

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • LokarnLokarn Registered User regular
    We went to a fancy restaurant just this weekend where they did a chef's choice menu that sounded interesting.

The dessert was served with a blue cheese ice cream!

Not sure what happened to the chef to give him such a grudge against the world!

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Cookie dough

are you able to have/do you enjoy like soy/coconut/almond creams? my wife is also lactose (mostly) intolerant but eats plenty of pistachios and rocky roads and caramels of varying quality

Generally, yeah.

I don't eat ice cream enough to really expand into other options, but I'll try them out next time.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    No Chunky Monkey or Pistachio options makes this poll an utter farce.

wandering
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Americone Dream
    Americone Dream is really good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

wanderingrhylithHeadCreeps

Generally, yeah.

I don't eat ice cream enough to really expand into other options, but I'll try them out next time.

yeah I'm sure saying "there are more flavors! somewhere!" isnt the most helpful, but there's a lot more variety than there used to be at least

it's just a bit more fraught of a flavorscape in my experience

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Zonugal
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I can't tell the difference between ice cream and gelato even slightly

Pinfeldorf
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Chocolate
    Turkey Hill Dutch Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl.

Which I've never seen west of the Mississippi. Which helps me maintain my girlish figure.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I can't tell the difference between ice cream and gelato even slightly
    I totally can

Gelato is a lot smoother and creamer than most ice creams I have had with a richer flavor

CYpGAPn.png
    Dex DynamoKetBra
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Americone Dream
    I chose the best of all options offered, since there was no all of the above or Larlar available.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    wandering
    Americone Dream is pretty damn good.

I do like chunky bits in my ice cream from time to time.

Tonkka
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Salted caramel
    I think I'm going to get a M&M blizzard equivalent from the ice cream shop down the street if it's warm enough tomorrow.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I only really like sorbet, but some fruit gelati comes close so I picked that.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Mochi

Ben & Jerry's has a non-dairy Cherry Garcia made with almond milk. The almond flavor is a little too strong to live up to my memories of Cherry Garcia, but it is pretty good. It's a bit like Cherry Garcia and a Good Humor Toasted Almond bar got into a pod from The Fly together.

wanderingZonugal
    There's an old shell of an abandoned Dairy Queen in my town. Makes me sad. Not because I like, ever go to DQ normally, but just on some level of "aww, that's sad, to see a store die out."

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Americone Dream
    Look,
    Made you look!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    no choco taco, no sale

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Dex Dynamo
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Vanilla bean
    giant discount tub of store brand neopolitan

https://youtu.be/rNuIOpfA2HA

https://youtu.be/OpOmmSiUNyw

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    fucking gold leaf

i hate it when the $$$ option on Worth it is just "hey we threw gold leaf on top of this, $1000 please"

which, granted, is a third of the time (the other 2/3 being "hey we spilled truffle oil on this, $1000 please" and "hey we mixed in some caviar, $1000 please")

rich people food pisses me off, it turns out

TheStigMayabirdZonugalKetBraDonovan Puppyfucker
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Lazy rich people food is bullshit, it’s true.

Alt post: no strawberry? Fuck your “iced creams”

sarukun on
    MayabirdKetBraDex Dynamo
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    A bunch of bullshit options, where's mint chocolate chip

Or chocolate chip.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    Mayabird
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Butter pecan
    The fuck.

How am I the only vote for Butter Pecan.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I mean if you are going fruit flavor black cherry or peach is infinitely better then strawberry.

Decomposey
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Cookie dough
    Cherry Garcia from Ben & Jerry's is probably my all-time favorite, along with a solid mint chocolate chip or mint oreo.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Americone Dream
    Drez wrote: »
    The fuck.

How am I the only vote for Butter Pecan.

It was my second choice by a very slim margin.

Although my real favorite is probably either Moose Tracks or chocolate hazelnut

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Americone Dream
    You know what’s the worst ice cream though

Spumoni

Nothing worse than thinking you got Neapolitan but surprise it’s garbage-ass-tasting spumoni.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    3cl1ps3
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Where's cake batter flavor

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Cookie dough
    of the choices provided I have picked the best one, but the true best is Phish Food, which I obtained today as my Free Cone

wanderingNightDragon
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Vanilla bean
    My Top 3 Ben and Jerry's ice creams

1: Pistachio Pistachio
    2: Americone Dream
    3: Chunky Monkey

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I go for the moose tracks / turtle ice cream,
    if I'm picking a pint from the grocery store for a birthday party or whatever.

Gelato is delicious. If I'm on a date or visiting a friend,
    going to go to the Gelato shop over the DQ.

I'm a sucker for sherbet. Orange & Lime can be wild and tasty.

VayBJ4e.png