As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] #13 - Hammond: 2cute2furry-ous

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Edit omg one of Genji's new voice lines is "you need healing."

Edit edit: omg

nzib7dpxisdw.jpg

Moira says "good news, everone." I love that so much.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    lmobl9t23slk.jpg
    Just wanted to share this pic I stumbled across while looking at Overwatch fan art. It's by a Japanese artist who goes by eclosion, apparently.

Edit: Also this Symmetra + Hanzo one. Not a ship I've heard of before, but the art is really good. The artist has a DA account called Sevenlake.
    20y15tav5juz.jpg
    Also they did this cool Reyes & McCree pic:
    c6f385i1bf3y.jpg
    Last one:
    m0oaqknmxknw.png

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    What I wouldn't give for synchronized spawn timers because, FFS, people stagger themselves endlessly and then act butthurt when you ask them not to

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So not doing deathmatch placements it's McCree-Widowmaker-Hanzo city
    It's an ugly patch of arcade games today as well as I am going to fight over who gets what in Junkenstien
    When I can put up with the ugliness of mystery heroes
    https://youtu.be/2tzhDEhW6kc

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    No more full-season comp delays for new heroes:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/rialto-now-in-competitive-play/109282
    With today’s (May 22) patch, we made Rialto available in competitive play instead of waiting until the next competitive season on July 1.

In the future, our plan is to make new heroes and maps available in competitive play two weeks after their initial release.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Coinage on
  • Options
    Okay so when the Anniversary deal of its loot boxes containing legendaries from past seasonal events dropped, I theorized that this would result in making it very, very hard for players to actually obtain the new Anniversary legendaries - likely a malicious cash grab on the part of Blizz!

Well, last night I held to my event tradition, bought fifty loot boxes and dove in like Christmas morning. This was the result:
    Epics:
    • Lightning Tracer
    • Venom Soldier
    • Bitrate Lucio

Anniversary Legendaries:
    • Tux Doomfist
    • Magician Sym
    • Sherlock McCree
    • Buccaneer Junkrat
    • Stealth Bastion
    • Shieldmaiden Brigitte

The only bloody skin I actually wanted from this event was Orisa lol. No dice. At least I didn't get that weird CyberTorb.

Vanilla Legendaries:
    • Sparrow Genji
    • Caution Doomfist

Victory Poses:
    • Tracer Wink (!)

Notable Voice Lines:
    • Genji's "you need healing."
    • Moira's "good news, everyone."

And a bunch of other stuff that wasn't worth making note of.

So the short version is, no, the Anniversary boxes seem to be heavily weighted in favor of providing Anniversary items, and not those of other seasonal events. I got other seasonal event stuff - a bunch of Lunar, Halloween and Summer voice lines and victory poses and such - but it was definitely far outpaced by Anniversary items.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    lmobl9t23slk.jpg

This is so great. Possibly the best thing ever.

<3 Zarya <3

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

You know the crazy thing is i thought "Tusken Raider" before i thought Ana.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    she holds one air control or the other... u just gotta hit both options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9p03QVrK64

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    she holds one air control or the other... u just gotta hit both options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9p03QVrK64

l9fcta7u5pnk.png

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Wow the Mei Snowball mode sucks too, I guess they're only good at unique PvE

Coinage on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I really like Bastion's transformer skin and little drone bird (you can see it really well on the ganymede intro he has). Also, I'm totally in love with Soldier's Cobra skin, as yet another salute to his GI Joe influences.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Suggestion for this new easy mode Lucio: he can only self heal when another member of the team is in his circle. This means for all those delaying fake skill Lucios on a point or too far into enemy lines they can't just eat hits from an enemy and either commit to being a nuisance or run back to the team.

Or, you know, revert wallride lol what am I saying this is Blizzard.

• Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Suggestion for this new easy mode Lucio: he can only self heal when another member of the team is in his circle. This means for all those delaying fake skill Lucios on a point or too far into enemy lines they can't just eat hits from an enemy and either commit to being a nuisance or run back to the team.

Or, you know, revert wallride lol what am I saying this is Blizzard.

You live in a strange world if solo Lucio's are a problem that need nerfing.

• Options
    well I am on console.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    TexiKen wrote: »
    well I am on console.

IMO, if you're coming to a 2CP map on console with no 'clearing damage' (read: low-to-no aim damage) then you're asking to be trickled by Lucios, Tracers, etc.

Ok, sure, I'm a biased Lucio main. :p

But for reals, you don't have a Winston or a Rein? Any shotguns? Boops to throw him off his walls, like Junkrat mines or Orisa Halt or Roadhog hook? Brigitte? Moira? Hell, not even a Doomfist? Then you have yourself a weakness in your (console) comp. It's no different to when Pharah wins a free match because your dps won't pick hitscan and no one wants to play D.Va/Zen.

Also, and this may be unpopular, but there is skill to delaying on point with the Frog. You have to dodge away from that clearing damage and boop it away. Pick your wallriding based on momentum, predictability and cover. So if Reinhardt is coming in for an easy 75 damage, he's your boop target. If he doesn't throw his shield up to block the boop before he swings at you? Then he failed the skill check and now you're stalling for another 4 seconds. If the team is chasing after the Frog instead of spreading their sight lines and throwing consistent chip damage regardless of where he rides? Another failed skill check.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options

Yeah that was a really weak event, IMO their worst.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

I liked it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I liked Yeti Hunt. Overwatch stealth action.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »

The original ctf with the original rules was their weakest event for me.

I really like the mei snowball fight, but yeah yeti is more my jam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Apparently he looks through his eyeglass when he ults.

• Options
    I was expecting McCree/Junkrat/76/Hanzo in Competitive FFA but it's more Bridget/Moira/DVA spams. Especially Moira and that stupid orb. At least Petra is a map that lets you breathe a bit and the extra levels up top works better than Chateau's jump into the cellar orgy.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Every time I face Brig in FFA I spend half my time just running away from her.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I swear to God in Competitive I get 2CP more than twice as much as any other other mode, it's ridiculous and I hate it.

Coinage on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    having some kind of map type selection would be nice

also, KOTH only for mystery heroes pls

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Jeff heard my QQ and gave me Sentai Genji, a skin that I think sucks for a hero I only play when I want to lose FFA.

• Options
    That'll learn ya.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    apTFlf9h.png
    I'm a little upset they're bragging about how many sprays and icons they've added

Coinage on
  • Options
    200 skins? Really?

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Uh, isn't that like just from OWL?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    If OWL skins were even half the price they are now, I'd probably drop like $20-30 on them. But I can't justify it, with how expensive they are. Have Mercy and Zen (for my two favorite NYXL players) - can think of like 5 or 6 others I'd happily grab if they were cheaper.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    751,939,549 I Need Healing

I think I was in that match with that Genji

• Options
    The idea of financially supporting your favorite esports team as if they were a charity is really weird to me. It's a nice gesture and all but I'm not gonna spend any more than the skin is worth to me because of that, which is not much because it's literally just a procedurally generated recolor.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    How is it charity? It’s the same as buying a football jersey or something.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Uh, isn't that like just from OWL?

12 teams x 27 chars per team = over 300 alone, so I guess they're not including those. 8 new skins per character does seem high though, but there have been a lot of events I suppose

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    700+ Overwatch League items.

You mean hideous colour combinations with words and some art on them? I like watching e-sports as much as the next guy, but those skins are literally a blank slate that gets re-coloured depending on your team of choice. There's no textures or unique features to them like some epic/legendary skins. And as Houk pointed out, that's just the skins! What were the other 400 things?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Chance on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    lol

I will say, after looking at the model in-game, I don't completely hate her hair from other angles the way I do straight-on.