As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] #13 - Hammond: 2cute2furry-ous

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Pine is a god damn robot

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    soylenth wrote: »
    I like the Hanzo changes on the PTR.

Also, goddamn does playing on the PC version make me feel old. Feel like I'm moving in slow-mo while everyone zooms around me with unerring aim...
    Me too. Mate of mine got me some pro gear for cheap, thought it was my problem. Nope, I just suck at aiming. Flex life for me.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedBlightedMochaPeoplesChamp

Oh thank goodness Hanzo can still delete 400hp characters with a normal cooldown skill.

*vomits dry salt all over and deflates like a skin balloon*

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Oh thank goodness Hanzo can still delete 400hp characters with a normal cooldown skill.

McCree can pretty much do that using his regular attack, and that's hitscan.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dispatch from the Department of Really REALLY Bad Ideas

Fair's Fair

Reinhardt is suffering from a CC bonanza, and in particular, his own squire's Shield Bash is extremely effective at neutralizing him. Armchair game designers like myself have proposed giving him CC resistance of some form.

But you know what? Maybe the answer is simpler.

Give Reinhardt his own Shield Bash! Same interface; hold shield and left click to bash. (This will require giving up the free-look feature, but it's a worthy trade.) An enemy directly in front of Reinhardt is stunned. Enemies in front of the shield (including the stun-ee, if any) as it moves are scooped up and thrown back several meters. If Reinhardt's Shield Bash collides with Brigitte's, they clank to mutual non-effect.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    IMO Reinhardt's shield should be a physical barrier and also he should be able to keep it up while charging. So anyone caught between his shield and a wall will be crushed.

Zek on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    what if reinhardt had a jetpack and also was a cat

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Jetpack cat doesn't use a hammer, though

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

They could.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

They could.

we have the technology

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Confirmed that Symmetra is changing to Defense: https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/4865/interview-with-overwatch-dev-tim-ford-regarding-symmetra-turning-into-a-defense-hero-and-the-channel-system
    Hanzo and Symmetra will soon get remakes. As for Symmetra, Geoff Goodman revealed a new vote card for her as he mentioned there will be a ‘big change’ through the blue post. Many players have been making speculations on Symmetra’s Teleporter becoming a normal ability; what part is Symmetra’s rework focused on mainly?

We are discussing the change right now, and although we can’t tell you the details of each change, we would still like to let you know it will be a fairly dramatic change. One thing we can tell you is that Symmetra will turn from a support hero to a defense hero after the remake. Our aim is to make the usage of Symmetra even more flexible from it.

We know she still has teleports, the only other Support-ish thing she can do is the shield generator. So maybe they're removing that after all? Or maybe not, she already is basically a Defense hero as it is in spite of that. Torb gives people health too and that didn't make him a support.

• Options
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Kupi wrote: »
    Dispatch from the Department of Really REALLY Bad Ideas

Fair's Fair

Reinhardt is suffering from a CC bonanza, and in particular, his own squire's Shield Bash is extremely effective at neutralizing him. Armchair game designers like myself have proposed giving him CC resistance of some form.

But you know what? Maybe the answer is simpler.

Give Reinhardt his own Shield Bash! Same interface; hold shield and left click to bash. (This will require giving up the free-look feature, but it's a worthy trade.) An enemy directly in front of Reinhardt is stunned. Enemies in front of the shield (including the stun-ee, if any) as it moves are scooped up and thrown back several meters. If Reinhardt's Shield Bash collides with Brigitte's, they clank to mutual non-effect.
    Zek wrote: »
    IMO Reinhardt's shield should be a physical barrier and also he should be able to keep it up while charging. So anyone caught between his shield and a wall will be crushed.

better idea - when charging you can hit right click to consume all of Reinhardt's shield hp to create a personal narrow frontal shield. the shield soaks CC with half of Reinhardt's current shield hp and inflicts full damage to anyone he hits

Orphane on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I'm beginning to think Moira might actually be a bit OP in FFA. I can still get better results with Pharah, but I've also played her about 10x as much as Moira. But it's not difficult at all to finish #1 with Moira, and she has this weird psychological edge because even pretty good players sometimes start raging about "no skill Moira" and then they tilt and keep dying even more.

But my favorite thing about her is that if you get your healing orb bouncing around you, you can go toe to toe against Symmetra and win. A lot of Symmetras don't seem to know that (or they realize they can't run from Moira either so they have to try).

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Finished Legendary Retribution last night. Pretty fun, was literally our last attempt of the night, everyone was pretty burnt after about an hour of near-wins on the very last section. Not really all that bad once you know the strats, but it's hard for some people to stay disciplined for an extended period of time, even if it's something that isn't so bad mechanically, sorta like a WoW raid encounter.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If Symmetra loses her shield generator, I'd be fine with that. If only because I get sick and tired of the auto generated "hey, they have a shield generator/they have a shield generator/something something shield generator"

• Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think Moira might actually be a bit OP in FFA. I can still get better results with Pharah, but I've also played her about 10x as much as Moira. But it's not difficult at all to finish #1 with Moira, and she has this weird psychological edge because even pretty good players sometimes start raging about "no skill Moira" and then they tilt and keep dying even more.

But my favorite thing about her is that if you get your healing orb bouncing around you, you can go toe to toe against Symmetra and win. A lot of Symmetras don't seem to know that (or they realize they can't run from Moira either so they have to try).

Funny story about that-- I very nearly won a round of FFA on Dorado (ironically, I came in second because I failed to kill either of a Genji and a Soldier who were at 20ish HP because two different people last-hit them) entirely on the back of one Genji who could not shut up about how Blizzard was making baby's first FPS and no-skill characters are the only thing they make any more, because every time he started typing, I just so happened to be directly behind him. Genji has a bad time with Moira to begin with, but with a 100 HP handicap... well, it didn't end well for him. Four times.

It's a bit gauche, I know, but I revel in the anguish of these immensely-skilled rageaholics who drop to fourth or lower because changing characters is beneath them.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    If there's more than 1 Moira/Brigitte/Symmetra (and to a lesser extent the tanks) it really does ruin the game for the majority of players who are there to practice dps, so yes I will complain in chat. And yes I know I can switch, but I don't want to play Junkrat, I want to miss headshots.

Coinage on
  • Options
    Brigitte is an issue there, but if you're trying to learn McCree or 76 Moira and Symm are exactly who you want to be facing (along with Mei) because they give you the proper negative reinforcement for whiffing headshots (namely, death).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    On the plus side, Brigitte's Don't Get Caught and A Chicken Out of a Feather (?) lines they added in Retribution are beautifully annoying.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Coinage wrote: »
    A Chicken Out of a Feather (?)

Isn't that literally one of Torb's lines?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    A Chicken Out of a Feather (?)

Isn't that literally one of Torb's lines?

Yeah, but Brigitte says it in Swedish.

• Options
    I may have been hallucinating, but I could have sworn that one of Brigitte's voice lines was "This is Pie". It seems to have changed, since I first saw it, to "It's broken". Either way, the line is spoken in Swedish, which is a disappointment on its own, because I very much wanted to combine it with "Trust me" to get "Trust me... this is pie."

(It is not a pie.)

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I was largely useless this match (back on ps4), but I did manage to get a double kill by doing majority damage to the bastion and the hanzo (which is the first kill that earned the double kill) and then got to shoot the tracer that had been annoying me in the back and THEN got super lucky in guessing which side of the payload the stragglers would be running to. Sated!

(there is no more satisfying sound combination that the plink of an arrow landing [although headshot is better] and the little sad "aaaah!" from Tracer...)

https://youtu.be/uuOnM-P2DLo

Also, another Reinhart hero clip. Almost the same as the first one. That team went on to absolutely trounce us, but I enjoyed this opener. My favorite bit is the doomfist noping out of there, leaving his teammates to die.

https://youtu.be/TFMGftFpafU

soylenth on
  • Options
    Finally getting comp.placements done before season ends and it is going...poorly. so the usual!

• Options
    gRbupLhh.jpg
    Still have not opened a single Torb skin, though

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    I knew I was gonna have a good night of gaming when I uppercutted an ulting Reaper from the University main point down into the mega health pack room below.

Just sad I missed the chance for a good old Hello BM on the way down.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    LAV vs Spitfire
    Spitfire won Oasis! You did it!

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Feels really good to get a charge off on an assassin in retribution as Reinhardt when she was about to hit you with the bullshit stun. Followed by making her got splat on the wall.

• Options
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Someone in a very toxic team chat in Silver said there was no sense in using a mic because nobody gets out of Silver unless they pay a booster.

Its not true of course, but I think I'm done until the next round of placements. There are too many new releases this week anyway.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Just tried out the Lucio changes on the PTR, and holy crap. I feel super conflicted about them. Wallriding is way easier now. Almost feels like they replaced a manual transmission with an automatic. But there's a real loss of fine control.

It does unequivocally make it easier to ride and shoot, though. You could do it before, but only effectively with a long stretch of flat wall. Now, you just hold space and basically wallride forever, corners or bumps in the wall be damned, and you can basically aim freely the whole way. Get ready for elevated frogs raining more constant slow moving bubbles at you.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Pro player gets a kill with three consecutive close range headshots on a slow character that wasn't actually at full health. I mean... fine?

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Slortex wrote: »
    Get ready for elevated frogs raining more constant slow moving WUBubbles at you.

Cantido on
  • Options
    Place at 2490 and got lucky with a win to boost me into gold territory. I think 3000 was a fluke last season. So that's that for this season. I need to play comp more. I'm so close to gold gloves for Moira...

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Someone in a very toxic team chat in Silver said there was no sense in using a mic because nobody gets out of Silver unless they pay a booster.

Its not true of course, but I think I'm done until the next round of placements. There are too many new releases this week anyway.

Played multiple matches last night with 4-5 DPS, a couple matches with a hanzo one-trick who was sooo baaaad, and one match with a guy who kept yelling at me because my Moira wasn't doing as much damage as he thought I should be (I was the only healer).

End of season + weekend is a goddamn shitshow.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Starting ranked play is always with me jumping to a DPS, other players picking DPS, and then it becomes a chicken race to who is going to come off of DPS. I'm usually the one to buckle and swap to Orisa or Mercy.

Cantido on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I have been absolutely lucking out these last few days holding (almost) steady back up at 2.74k, but the shitshow has definitely picked up with the DPS bonanza

Definitely debating continuing for the rest of the season

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Hooray. A fifth box of sprays and voice lines.

The only thing that would make me more excited would be a box containing only player icons.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, what is Brigitte's game plan when the enemy is taking shelter behind someone's barrier? She can't heal by attacking when the enemy is shielded. Does she just hang back and throw Armor packs until the enemy moves out of position? It's tempting to run forward and shield-bash the Reinhardt, but that's very dangerous for a healer to try, and ineffective at dropping the shield if it's Orissa instead.