As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I came across these adorable guys while travelling yesterday
    ugparhq7hv48.png

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I got an invite to an EX raid Thursday and it's before I have to be at work so it's all working out.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    After a raid some guy asked for a trade because he had the field research.

I traded an Alolan Diglet I got from someone in this thread (adding 8000km to the badge), so he traded me a Dratini to get the 3 candy. That Dratini rolled perfect IV.

It's only level 3, though, so it would cost 300(+125) candy and 270k dust to max. I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on that, it's my second meta relevant 100.

Grobian on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks again thread!

ozlhd7ik0dk9.png

Still waiting on the sinnoh stones though (didn't get one last week :bigfrown:)

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I just got an update, complete with a new loading screen, and the ability to learn new moves for stardust and candy!

Edit: It's fairly expensive especially in candy, but also in stardust. It may be worthwhile for dual type mons? I suppose it depends on how the mechanics work with the choice of charged moves.

Edit edit:
    kr55prjj654y.png

League divisions and party selections available now.

Shimshai on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PvP battles are live now for level 40.

Edit - dropping fast, already seems to be 20+.

Also legendaries seems to cost 100k stardust and 100 candy for a second move.
    T4/10k eggs equivalent raids (tyranitar, metagross) seems to be 75k/75
    2k eggs - Venusaur was 10k/25

Everything else is 50k/50

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    I played a couple of games against the app this morning - seems fun enough. I really like the CP limits, it forces me to look at Pokemon I wouldn't normally use in a gym battle or a raid. Haven't looked at any of the second moves yet.

Interestingly, your Pokemon don't need to be healed after battling the team leaders. Anyone know if that's the case for battling other trainers?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    where in the UI is the option to train with your team leader?

i can't find it.

edit: reddit told me.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    <~<

Where is it @Lucedes ?
    I've clicked everything!

• Options
    It's a separate tab where you see nearby pokemon and raids.
    @discrider

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Bottom right the tracking panel now has a new tab.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Haha, and I'm already cheating in the battles.
    Go Team R, and good job Niantic.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How low are the CPs? Can my shiny lovedisc compete?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    How low are the CPs? Can my shiny lovedisc compete?

There's unlimited, below 2500 and below 1500.

But since you only battle friends anyway you can make up your own rules, too.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Around 60 people were there for the raid so they split us into our teams and then in half again. Everything worked out for me.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The joy of holidays is fighting each other eh? More cynical than usual Nintendo.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    PVP battles are better than I ever would have expected them to be (the Protect mechanic helps a lot), but they're still sort of bleh. It's a nice feature to round out the game a bit more and make it a more "complete" package but it isn't the huge revolution that Raid Battles, or even Trading+Friends+Gifts were.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    The joy of holidays is fighting each other eh? More cynical than usual Nintendo.
    Don’t be silly; the joy of holidays is arranging gladiatorial battles between your family pets for your entertainment.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Got a shiny Plusle and a shiny Wynaut today!

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So far this raid weekend is working out for me, got a 98% ho-oh and 87% shiny ho-oh. Lugia, both good IV and shiny variant are still elusive though.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    This egg in the weekly walking rewards thing needs to change. Basically being locked out of 90% of the games functions for 12 hours cause there is no way I can walk another 5km before the click over so I don't burn that (possible) egg just sucks.

Edit: And I only got a 5km egg after waiting anyway.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Still need 3 raids =/

• Options
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The dust costs of things in this game are just insane. Sure I'd love to play around with double moves. 100k dust? Yea naa. I feel like I play this game a lot (not as much as some mind you, since I have seen pictures of people with 10-15 million dust - I just can't horde it, got to power those dudes up!) and if I feel like the barrier to entry is insane, I can't imagine what a normal player thinks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    The dust costs of things in this game are just insane. Sure I'd love to play around with double moves. 100k dust? Yea naa. I feel like I play this game a lot (not as much as some mind you, since I have seen pictures of people with 10-15 million dust - I just can't horde it, got to power those dudes up!) and if I feel like the barrier to entry is insane, I can't imagine what a normal player thinks.

I'd say to most normal players the game is catching and collecting, not training. So they'd mostly just ignore that part. I know I did after finding out powering up is usually a waste.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    So! I finally evolved my Scyther!

And I also remembered to update the quest info before cashing in my Aerodactyl quest reward! Now I just need four quite rare spawns to appear and be caught.

At least I can continue with my magicarp evo quest, now.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular

100k dust are only for those legendaries, though. Some of the starters just need 10k.

• Options
    10k dust is also stupidly expensive though. The primary purpose is for pvp battles to give you type coverage, 10k takes 20 battles to achieve, which is 5 days.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular

I've got about 1.6m dust at the moment. I only power up things that are nearly at the top level anyway. My biggest problem is candy. I'd love to power up my Blissey to its max - that would be about 190,000 dust, no problem. But it would also be 194 candy, and I've only got 50. Same for my Salamence - I'd need 200 candy, only got 85.

But I'm more of a collector than a raider, so I don't keep various teams of optimum mons on the go.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I landed an excellent throw on a Zubat!
    If only I’d actually been trying…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    I landed an excellent throw on a Zubat!
    If only I’d actually been trying…

No see, when you’re trying, especially with Zubats, you’ll never actually get it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    My first excellent was on a Torchic and I still have no idea how.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    It looks like it's double candy time right now! I've also seen a silhouette of Pikachu with a Christmas hat one, which I haven't caught yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Finished my 10 raids!

.... now to wait till next Halloween for cubones to spawn again =/

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Try this:
    https://thesilphroad.com/atlas
    Every two weeks the nests rotate, so keep checking and maybe there will be a cubone nest near you sometime. Good luck!

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Finished my 10 raids!

Alolan Marrowak raid will also count.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Finished my 10 raids!

sadly, no one raids near me (I've only seen marrowak once as well)

does evolving one count? cause I can do that no problem

edit: cubone nest .... 70 miles from me

lol

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Finished my 10 raids!

sadly, no one raids near me (I've only seen marrowak once as well)

does evolving one count? cause I can do that no problem

edit: cubone nest .... 70 miles from me

lol

Evolving does not count. Sounds like road trip time! :P

• Options
    fffffffffffffffffffff