Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Pokemon Go] How'd that damn Team Rocket Grunt get TWO Snorlaxes?

1535455565759»

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Nothing prepares you when you see the Rayquaza you're about to catch appear with black scales and a burst of sparkling light. Woohoo!

Thankfully, Niantic made it so that one's a guaranteed catch (shiny legendaries are). But you still have to throw the ball at it!

Preachernever dieLegacymightyjongyoTDawgGnome-InterruptusRuldar
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    And remember to use a regular Pinap.

Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    TDawgGnome-Interruptus
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Finally snagged a Sinnoh Stone from the weekly research reward. Dumped it, a bunch of stardust, and a charged TM into my shiny Piloswine and now I have a good shiny Powder Snow/Avalanche Mamoswine. I'll be hunting more Swinub for candy to buff my boy up even more.

Preacher
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do feel bad there was a sweet older woman at the raid that didn't get the deoxys her second time missing the catch. I didn't think it was that hard to catch, but I've been f'ing lucky so I kept my mouth shut.

Wow, EX mons aren’t guaranteed catches????

I feel like all my M2s and Deoxii were all first-ball catches...

In my experience, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the EX raid participants end up with the Pokemon, maybe a bit more. They are generous but its not a sure thing.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    cloudeagle
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do feel bad there was a sweet older woman at the raid that didn't get the deoxys her second time missing the catch. I didn't think it was that hard to catch, but I've been f'ing lucky so I kept my mouth shut.

Wow, EX mons aren’t guaranteed catches????

I feel like all my M2s and Deoxii were all first-ball catches...

In my experience, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the EX raid participants end up with the Pokemon, maybe a bit more. They are generous but its not a sure thing.

Holy balls that’s terrible
    Nothing prepares you when you see the Rayquaza you're about to catch appear with black scales and a burst of sparkling light. Woohoo!

Thankfully, Niantic made it so that one's a guaranteed catch (shiny legendaries are). But you still have to throw the ball at it!

What if you miss all your throws real bad

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Then the legendary leaves!

There's at least one tale of a dude showing off the shiny legendary and trashing his rolls until the last, and then completely flubbing that last throw.

So Pinaps (or if you're having trouble, Nanabs) are your friend against shiny legendaries.

• RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I didn't realize that shinies had a guaranteed catch until I was running around with those folks last week and someone mentioned it, but from what they were saying it sounded like it was just on the first throw. Is that not the case?

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    I didn't realize that shinies had a guaranteed catch until I was running around with those folks last week and someone mentioned it, but from what they were saying it sounded like it was just on the first throw. Is that not the case?

Nope, they will not run unless you run out of balls, period.

There's still loads of urban legends about this game that refuse to die. I ran into some people who STILL think that alternating between golden razz and nanabs will somehow boost your chances of catching a legendary.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    RussadWearingglasses
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently we're getting three weeks of special bonus stuff, starting Sept. 2. Best guesses from the vague teaser:

Week one: Pokemon never in eggs before will appear in eggs, probably including Corsola and Heracross.
    Week two: Deoxys in raids.
    Week three: Worldwide appearance of Gen 1 regionals, along with the first wave of Gen 5.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    My kingdom for unowns and/or gen3 regionals ffs