As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Regigigas tickets are up, and are warning you won't get all the event bonuses unless you play at the specified time.

Which sucks, because I'll be out of town for work. I'll be in a city, so I might be able to do it? But it would be nice if I knew, well, what we'd be doing.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Regigigas tickets are up, and are warning you won't get all the event bonuses unless you play at the specified time.

Which sucks, because I'll be out of town for work. I'll be in a city, so I might be able to do it? But it would be nice if I knew, well, what we'd be doing.

I'm pretty sure it just says that because if you don't play during that time period you won't get the 10 free raid passes that day. It said you can complete the special research any time after you have it (although supposedly catching all three other regis is part of it, so will be difficult if not done while they're in raids).

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Just go finished with the Regigigas event, thought we might be outta luck when the 4 of us weren't strong enough to take out a regi on our own, but we lucked into finding big groups roaming around each time one of us was at that step of the research. The pose is very bad, like it makes the character model look broken. But in addition to the Regigigas you do get a Tyrantar, Steelix, Lapras, Abomasnow, Craniados, and Shieldon which is pretty tight

Kanden on
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    The event was nice to get Regigigas and the increase in Magnemite and skarmory shiny being released was good, but the other Regi raids had such poor rates for a shiny for people. Some had done nearly 50 raids with no luck.

I gave up after about 15 raids and feel better for it.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I didn't know they were shiny so I was pleasantly surprised when I got a shiny regice. Didn't have enough free time/coordination to get a raid train going though , so I just did enough raids to get gigas and called it a day

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I didn't see a hpwu thread in a quick search, bit on the off chance there's any overlap, can someone add me as a friend for the first stage of this event? 5790 8024 5571

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    I didn't see a hpwu thread in a quick search, bit on the off chance there's any overlap, can someone add me as a friend for the first stage of this event? 5790 8024 5571

Sent.

• Options
    Heads up: apparently Extremely British Weezing is appearing in a raid hour right after the upcoming community day.

• Options
    goddamnit

• Options
    He'll still pop up in raids from now on -- but he's a four-star, meaning you'll need at minimum 2-3 people to take him on.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    got a bunch of badly statted Chimchar shinys for community day and a 2* British Weezing in a raid
    not too bad for causally playing this game

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    goddamnit

I said this but still did 2 British Weezing raids because I'm a sucker - got a 91% though!

I also saved a spare 96% chimchar so that was nice to finally evolve. Wish I'd had the foresight to save one of my 100% chimchars though.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I was lucky I got 10 fucking shinies! And two pip pip cheerio weezings. No shinys on those.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I need a new friend for a challenge!

• Options
    FUCKING FINALLY GOT THAT GOD DAMN AERODACTYL! Jesus took me all weekend watching 3 star raids, but finally fucking finally.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I came within a hair of defeating Giovani yesterday. It's a tough fight and finding him is kind of a pain in the ass, but it's good to know it's totally doable. At least with my Pokemons against his selection with those abilities... so we'll see how next time goes.

Should have been able to do it on a later attempt, but I'd wandered away from the stop and realized too late that abandoning a losing attempt wouldn't give me the rematch screen.

Edit: got him!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Caught two shiny Torchic over the past week. Gonna wait until the community day rerun thing to evolve one of them to Blaziken for the special move.

Been wishing for a shiny Tentacool. I've always been a fan of Tentacool/Tentacruel.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I've been stuck on sierra. Her Laparas has been destroying me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    This game has a Tamagotchi now. It's kinda tedious.

But as a heads up: the new boxes are finally good again. Worse than last years Christmas boxes but way better than all the recent boxes.

Grobian on
  • Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    This game has a Tamagotchi now. It's kinda tedious.

But as a heads up: the new boxes are finally good again. Worse than last years Christmas boxes but way better than all the last boxes.

The good boxes is great news, I'm close to having enough coins for an Adventure Box.

• Options
    Oh, the game's egg migration removed a LOT of early-gen Pokemon from the pool. Given the growth of the pool this was probably inevitable.

And yes, 7K is still Alolan/babies/only place to get Riolu.

• Options
    The big one for me is that 5ks are pretty much ALL regionals now. Mime Jr. is no longer just a distant dream!

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    lol I didn't even know there were 7k eggs

:so_raven:
  • Options
    The big one for me is that 5ks are pretty much ALL regionals now. Mime Jr. is no longer just a distant dream!

Got some bad news for you -- unless they've changed things, you can only get eggs that hatch regional pokemon in the region you normally find them. Sorry!

• Options

Got some bad news for you -- unless they've changed things, you can only get eggs that hatch regional pokemon in the region you normally find them. Sorry!

ahhh that's so misleading!! WELP

• Options
    Heads up: quests have changed today, and there's a new one that requires you to evolve 10 Pokemon in exchange for a glacial lure. So if you haven't already shelled out coins for a lure to get a Cryogonal (like this dumbass), there you go. Glacial lures are also spawning Lapras like crazy.

• Options
    Heads up: quests have changed today, and there's a new one that requires you to evolve 10 Pokemon in exchange for a glacial lure. So if you haven't already shelled out coins for a lure to get a Cryogonal (like this dumbass), there you go. Glacial lures are also spawning Lapras like crazy.

My wife got a shiny lapras. She is a shiny god.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    And this morning my daily research popped for a shiny snover!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    New Pokemon time, including ones you've been waiting for like Roggenrolla, Axew and Timburr. And yet more regionals:

North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
    Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
    Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
    Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
    Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
    Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin

Also, the trade evolution mechanic is here, and it's not bad! Instead of requiring trades to evolve, trading eliminates the candy cost for evolving -- no more having to gather 100 candies for a Poke that's a pain in the ass to find. Also Pokemon that did trade evolutions in older games retroactively get the benefit, like Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, and Haunter.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

A cool way to do a vote for the community day.

I wish they'd do more stuff like they did for Squirtle day where we hit a goal and got sunglass squirtles.

• Options
    Vote via completing research? That's a damn cool way to go about it.

• Options
    Dratini or Machop better win. Swear to god if we get a vulpix community day...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I, on the other hand, kinda want Vulpix...

But also Machop (and if I'm being real, prefer that). I don't want Dratini because we already had that community day.

• Options
    I'm actually leaning towards Vulpix and Ryhorn haha.

While we did have Dratini community day it's a different exclusive move. But I think Rhyperior's exclusive move will be better in combat than Dratini or Machop's. Plus their shiny variants have already been released.

• Options
    I'm gonna be angling for Rhyhorn myself. I like a big bulky rock boy.

• Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Ryhorn needs to win, I need the yellow Rhyperior for Instinct themed gym placements.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    The issue with Rhyhorn is needing Sinnoh Stones to make it viable

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    They gave out 5 sinnoh stones for mamoswine CD so they can do it again.

(also do your daily team leader battle, it gives stones and levels your buddy)

• Options
    The issue with Rhyhorn is needing Sinnoh Stones to make it viable

They'll just do it like they did for ralts and swinub day (I think they did it for swinub, anyway, might be wrong on that one) - number of trainer battles with rewards from 3 -> 5 on that day, plus guaranteed sinnoh stones from battling. Most people aren't going to be evolving more than 3-4 anyway so it'll be enough, and the power gamers will already have a stockpile of stones ready to go.