As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Sent some of you friend requests for my wife and son. I think I already have enough for all the research goals but if anyone needs another person just let me know.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Got my shadowball mewtwo thanks to my wife getting an ex raid and we're ultra friends! Now to find the rarer bill Nighy pokemon.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    If any of you guys were curious pokemon Go works pretty well on a galaxy fold

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Anyone else started recently getting noisy push notifications even though the notification settings in the app and on the app from the OS are silenced and haven't changed?

discrider on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Woooo got three Mewtwos tonight!

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    There is a frost/snowfall warning that has been in effect the last 2 days which has been causing a reduced spawn rate like other weather advisories.

Incredibly annoying.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh, I managed to get one shiny mewtwo on Tues night, though all the IVs overall were kind of junk which is a shame. Also for frick's sake Niantic, you can't disable eggs or something for an hour beforehand? There shouldn't have been 1-4*s and Giratinas hogging gyms during the raid hour...

Anyways, back to kind of being bored with the game for the most part. Newest patch makes it nearly impossible to sync my gotcha now too so that's fun. It's not a new patch without Niantic breaking something else...

Also there's pretty much no way in hell I'm paying them real money to unlock a dumb special research thing for presumably Regigigas...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Hmm.. Community day tomorrow, but my city is also in the middle of freezing rain / thunder snow / blizzard weather.

What to do?

Now I know how the Florida players felt with a community day in the middle of that hurricane

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man this community day felt kind of stingy with shinys. I only found two in the wild, and got lucky and got one from a research. My wife only got two. And there were no real raids up for them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man this community day felt kind of stingy with shinys. I only found two in the wild, and got lucky and got one from a research. My wife only got two. And there were no real raids up for them.

We had the same experience. Normally between me and the fiance we get 12+, today I got 2 and she got 0.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I felt like it was one of the better ones, got 4 in a bit under an hour, my SO got 3, so not terrible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    RNGesus is finicky, as always, even when you think he's being nice this time

I'm trading off an old Poliwhirl to my buddy's extra shiny so I can build the lucky Flygon for PVP

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Anyone here doing PvP? I'm always looking for more training buddies for the various cups.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Looks like I was right about Darkrai being the mystery 5* raid Pokemon this month. We're also getting costumed Pokemon and Yamask (and its Shiny) is getting a release. I'm excited for Confagrigus! Also double candy bonuses and some new Shadow Pokemon are coming

https://youtu.be/HbYIpmlqNaY

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Okay, here's the deal with Regigigas. Paying eight bucks for the ticket grants you early access to him -- if you don't, he'll be in EX raids later. The eight bucks also gets you up to 10 additional raid passes (though you can only hold one at a time), a Unova Stone, a Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose. Not too bad, I'd say.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, here's the deal with Regigigas. Paying eight bucks for the ticket grants you early access to him -- if you don't, he'll be in EX raids later. The eight bucks also gets you up to 10 additional raid passes (though you can only hold one at a time), a Unova Stone, a Sinnoh Stone, and an exclusive avatar pose. Not too bad, I'd say.

Yeah that's not a terrible thing, but like eight bucks...

Also I love the on point brand thing with the pikachu in that outfit you can buy on the pokemon site...

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/plush/pikachu-plush/costumed-pikachu/pikachu-pokémon-pumpkin-parade-poké-plush-8-¾-in-701-04420

I have this, its adorable.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's pretty mean to mimiku

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Woo! Level 40 trainer in Canada just got Pokestop submissions

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Can I get you to visit this "art installation" in my living room?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

Can I get you to visit this "art installation" in my living room?

As soon as I hit 40 and visit the one outside my office window :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Only... 5.5 million exp to go!

Whew. That's gonna take a while. I couldn't tell you when I hit 38, but it wasn't recently, and more than 50% more exp from 39 to 40... yikes.

Yeah yeah, lucky eggs for best friends, etc, I know there are some shortcuts, but still.

So close, yet so far away.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I grinded hard for XP via friendship and raids and stacking eggs with CDs and it still took me a couple months to go from 39-40! Can't say it was worth it, so IMO just take it easy and enjoy the ride at your own pace haha

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Just hatched a 15/15/14 Tepig. I'm gonna hoard Tepig candies until I can find a shiny one (so...forever) but that almost perfect Tepig will be there for me when my resolve breaks.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Ok with the new spooky message event oops it is actually the final part of jump start research. I once again need one new friend. I think I have a lot of you from here but if anyone else in the same boat feel free to hit me up.

6837 9496 8442

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Just hatched a 15/15/14 Tepig. I'm gonna hoard Tepig candies until I can find a shiny one (so...forever) but that almost perfect Tepig will be there for me when my resolve breaks.

Shiny Tepig will most likely be released with it's community day so probably May 2020.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Uh... my game is haunted, folks:

lrz85vvnisvn.jpg

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to do trainer battles without being in near proximity? I’m stuck on the “Battle another trainer in the Great League” quest because I don’t have too many folks around me to fight with.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Uh... my game is haunted, folks:

lrz85vvnisvn.jpg

That's fine, I didn't want to sleep ever again anyway.

• Options
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    Is it possible to do trainer battles without being in near proximity? I’m stuck on the “Battle another trainer in the Great League” quest because I don’t have too many folks around me to fight with.

You can remote battle with ultra and best friends (3 and 4 hearts). You'd need to communicate with the friend outside of the game because you can't see who's online and/or available to pvp.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

You can remote battle with ultra and best friends (3 and 4 hearts). You'd need to communicate with the friend outside of the game because you can't see who's online and/or available to pvp.

I think the glow around the profile pics is meant to tell you who's online, but randomly sending requests has never worked for me :(

• Options
    Looks like the aura means that you've already increased your friendship that day, but as there's a battle update coming with a global leaderboard, chances are something will be worked out soon

• Options
    edited October 2019
    yes, the glow shows interaction for the day. I assume that the PvP thing will be random/ranked matchmaking, but at least it will be good for people to get their quests and daily battles done.

edit: Also, I'm in the PA discord, so if any of my friends need PvP battles, they can add or ping me there and I'll see what I can do.

Grobian on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I have never found the glow useful or consistent. I wish they just made it "this person can be sent a gift today".

I only have 44 friends, and flipping through them one at a time to see if someone sneakily snagged a gift at some point so I can send them another is tedious. I can't imagine what it's like for those at or near the friend cap. I'd be inclined to add more, but adding to that list just further dilutes who I'm actively interacting with commonly. I don't even care if people send gifts all that often, but I'm happy sending them out, especially since I'm situated among roughly eight million stops (it's pretty ridiculous here).

Which, btw, means if we're friends feel free to snag gifts even if you don't have one to send in return. My apartment has 2 stops constantly available, and 2-3 more infrequently if my GPS goes a bit screwy for a bit, on top of being able to hit 1-2 from my desk at work as well!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

As a warning though, every time I've tried this it's been obnoxiously slow. Like taking 5 minutes to get into the match after both had accepted it. So patience is required.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    The rematch option is also buggy, we've never been able to get it to work

• Options
    Huh, it works mostly fine for me. I played a whole tourney remote and I often PvP my sister who lives in another city. I don't feel it lags more than local PvP. Sometimes the invite doesn't work and there was a bug with a recent version of PoGo where it just didn't work for anyone (0.157.0) but they fixed that in a couple of days.

It sucks that others have these problems, Niantic really has terrible QC.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Important question time: is Sneasel a cat or a weasel?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Important question time: is Sneasel a cat or a weasel?
    It’s a Sneaky Weasel that evolves into a Weasel of Evil

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    fun fact: sneasel is actually an easel with a cold

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg