As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

1767779818287

Posts

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    You also need to not have a full item bag to get radar components when beating grunts

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Tox wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Edit: Oh, random thing I forgot to ask. Anyone get the mission to "Battle alongside your buddy while it's adventuring with you" and not have it work? I picked this up over the weekend - my buddy was out the whole time. I tried fighting in a gym, a raid, and a team rocket battle. Even made sure to use my buddy as part of the fight just in case. None of them completed the mission. I eventually just deleted it as garbage broken.

    Wouldn't surprise me if that one's broken - I know I tried to do the similar walk 2KM with your buddy while it's adventuring with you, and I walked much more than that with my buddy out and never even got partial credit.

    That task only counts GBL and team leader battles for some reason.

    Ah, so garbage then. I refuse to do GBL. And I still haven't figured out the Rocket shit (I think I need more parts but I never get them)

    Check your inventory for either "Rocket Radar" or "Mysterious component"

    If you have the Radar, click it, and equip it.
    If you have mysterious components, those are the "parts" used to make a radar. 6 parts per radar.

    I don't *think* I have the radar (I never did anything to "assemble" it or anything, unless that is somehow done automatically). I know I have a few components but I don't think I had 6 of them (but maybe I do?). I just almost never get them. I'll check at lunch though. Because yeah, Go Fest said increased component drops and I tried to do a bunch of Rockets but I never saw a single one. In the special research I'm at the step where I need to defeat the three Rocket leaders tho.
    Cruor wrote: »
    You also need to not have a full item bag to get radar components when beating grunts

    And yeah, this isn't an issue. I've been trying to keep my bag clean-ish if only to be able to pick up more pokeballs.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Edit: Oh, random thing I forgot to ask. Anyone get the mission to "Battle alongside your buddy while it's adventuring with you" and not have it work? I picked this up over the weekend - my buddy was out the whole time. I tried fighting in a gym, a raid, and a team rocket battle. Even made sure to use my buddy as part of the fight just in case. None of them completed the mission. I eventually just deleted it as garbage broken.

    Wouldn't surprise me if that one's broken - I know I tried to do the similar walk 2KM with your buddy while it's adventuring with you, and I walked much more than that with my buddy out and never even got partial credit.

    That task only counts GBL and team leader battles for some reason.

    Ah, so garbage then. I refuse to do GBL. And I still haven't figured out the Rocket shit (I think I need more parts but I never get them)

    @Warlock82 I posted how to do the Rocket stuff earlier in the thread. :P When you get all the parts needed for a Rocket Radar you'll get a screen-filling animation you can't miss. Or you could check your items.

    Edit: You do know that Rocket Grunts/Leaders will come to you, right? When you see a circular shadow floating around on the ground, zoom out and you'll get a Rocket Balloon you can click on. They show up every six hours at 6 and 12, or whenever you log back in sometime after those time periods. (If you don't log in until 9, you'll get the balloon that would go out at 6, for instance.)

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Edit: Oh, random thing I forgot to ask. Anyone get the mission to "Battle alongside your buddy while it's adventuring with you" and not have it work? I picked this up over the weekend - my buddy was out the whole time. I tried fighting in a gym, a raid, and a team rocket battle. Even made sure to use my buddy as part of the fight just in case. None of them completed the mission. I eventually just deleted it as garbage broken.

    Wouldn't surprise me if that one's broken - I know I tried to do the similar walk 2KM with your buddy while it's adventuring with you, and I walked much more than that with my buddy out and never even got partial credit.

    That task only counts GBL and team leader battles for some reason.

    Ah, so garbage then. I refuse to do GBL. And I still haven't figured out the Rocket shit (I think I need more parts but I never get them)

    @Warlock82 I posted how to do the Rocket stuff earlier in the thread. :P When you get all the parts needed for a Rocket Radar you'll get a screen-filling animation you can't miss. Or you could check your items.

    Ok I've definitely never seen that. So I probably don't have all the parts and the game just hates me.

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah check your items, it's probably in there.

    The animation doesn't always load/work right, especially if you pop in and out of the game sometimes

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Tox wrote: »
    Yeah check your items, it's probably in there.

    The animation doesn't always load/work right, especially if you pop in and out of the game sometimes

    Ah, ok, good to know. Maybe I've had it this whole time.

    Edit: holy crap I had four rocket radars.. When the hell did that happen?

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Tox
  • pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Yeah check your items, it's probably in there.

    The animation doesn't always load/work right, especially if you pop in and out of the game sometimes

    Ah, ok, good to know. Maybe I've had it this whole time.

    Edit: holy crap I had four rocket radars.. When the hell did that happen?

    Sometimes you get them as Special Research rewards, so you could have had them for a *long* time

    Toxcloudeagle
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited June 7
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Yeah check your items, it's probably in there.

    The animation doesn't always load/work right, especially if you pop in and out of the game sometimes

    Ah, ok, good to know. Maybe I've had it this whole time.

    Edit: holy crap I had four rocket radars.. When the hell did that happen?

    Two (and a half) website recommendations for Rocket:
    - Silph Road (this and Leak Duck are great all around Pokemon Go info sites):
    https://thesilphroad.com/rocket-invasions

    - Dexterto has a better breakdown of each team and also recommends counters:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/pokemon-go-rocket-grunt-guide-counters-and-lineups-1576357/?amp#rock-grunt

    EuroGamer also has a good Rocket leader counter guide, but that site randomly flips to some weird phishing shit so I'm reluctant to recommend it

    Tox on
    cloudeagle
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Walk 1KM
    Three KM later, two hatched purple eggs, a buddy candy for my Machamp found, and the research reward doesn't pop.

    *Delete*

    On the plus side I caught two 3* shiny pokemon and got Amaura.

    Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Yeah check your items, it's probably in there.

    The animation doesn't always load/work right, especially if you pop in and out of the game sometimes

    Ah, ok, good to know. Maybe I've had it this whole time.

    Edit: holy crap I had four rocket radars.. When the hell did that happen?

    Two (and a half) website recommendations for Rocket:
    - Silph Road (this and Leak Duck are great all around Pokemon Go info sites):
    https://thesilphroad.com/rocket-invasions

    - Dexterto has a better breakdown of each team and also recommends counters:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/pokemon-go-rocket-grunt-guide-counters-and-lineups-1576357/?amp#rock-grunt

    EuroGamer also has a good Rocket leader counter guide, but that site randomly flips to some weird phishing shit so I'm reluctant to recommend it

    DO NOT try to take on leaders without researching first. They're MUCH tougher than grunts, and trying to trial and error them from scratch will result in many, many burned potions and revives. It's possible you may need to power them up or give them new moves. They're a bit of a pain until you get the hang of it.

    Also keep in mind their lineups change frequently, so be sure whatever info you have is current.

    And yes, mystery solved on why you weren't getting components - you only get components if you don't have a radar. And Niantic hands out radars frequently during special research, especially the Community Day stuff.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Yeah check your items, it's probably in there.

    The animation doesn't always load/work right, especially if you pop in and out of the game sometimes

    Ah, ok, good to know. Maybe I've had it this whole time.

    Edit: holy crap I had four rocket radars.. When the hell did that happen?

    Two (and a half) website recommendations for Rocket:
    - Silph Road (this and Leak Duck are great all around Pokemon Go info sites):
    https://thesilphroad.com/rocket-invasions

    - Dexterto has a better breakdown of each team and also recommends counters:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/pokemon-go-rocket-grunt-guide-counters-and-lineups-1576357/?amp#rock-grunt

    EuroGamer also has a good Rocket leader counter guide, but that site randomly flips to some weird phishing shit so I'm reluctant to recommend it

    DO NOT try to take on leaders without researching first. They're MUCH tougher than grunts, and trying to trial and error them from scratch will result in many, many burned potions and revives. It's possible you may need to power them up or give them new moves. They're a bit of a pain until you get the hang of it.

    Also keep in mind their lineups change frequently, so be sure whatever info you have is current.

    And yes, mystery solved on why you weren't getting components - you only get components if you don't have a radar. And Niantic hands out radars frequently during special research, especially the Community Day stuff.

    Ah, that probably explains it then. I'm guessing if you get it via a special research it doesn't pop up a thing. Or else it did once, I didn't notice, and now since I had one it didn't after that.

    But yeah, I'll have to look into it. I have a lot of powerful stuff from when I was super serious about the game, but it's also older stuff (like gen 1-4). I don't really have any mega evos besides the free one I got for Venasaur and I'm missing most of the newer legendaries. Hopefully what I have can still get me through it :P

    Edit: Looking at these Dexerto guides it seems hit or miss if I have good counters, but I can maybe make an ok team for all three. Cliff is the worst as their recommended team is mostly stuff I either don't have or are super weak (Garchomp is *not* powered up at all and I don't think I've put much training into a Rampardos, though with this week maybe I can get enough candy to fix that?). It seems like Gengar will be useful for a few of them though, that's good.

    I may need to look into building a Roserade too (if I can? I assume I have a ton of Roselia candy from gen 3)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I routinely whomp Rocket leaders using only 2 of my pokes (depending on the Leader and their team), and most of my battling pokes are in the 2500-3500 CP range. It's as much about type combinations as anything, though. I also do spend TMs to get optimal moves. That helps a lot, too; for me the best site for evaluating individual pokes is pokemon.gameinfo.io it's got a lot of good stuff, and will show you the best move set combos ("offensive" is when you're playing actively, and "defensive" is when like your poke is in a gym being controlled by AI)

    Warlock82cloudeagleGnome-InterruptusCapt Howdy
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I routinely whomp Rocket leaders using only 2 of my pokes (depending on the Leader and their team), and most of my battling pokes are in the 2500-3500 CP range. It's as much about type combinations as anything, though. I also do spend TMs to get optimal moves. That helps a lot, too; for me the best site for evaluating individual pokes is pokemon.gameinfo.io it's got a lot of good stuff, and will show you the best move set combos ("offensive" is when you're playing actively, and "defensive" is when like your poke is in a gym being controlled by AI)

    Type combos plus burning through their shields as fast as possible. (Oh yes - they have two shields, just like you do.) But any good site should give you some help on the best move combos.

    I'm like Tox, most of my Pokemon have been in that range and I've never used megas, and I haven't had too much trouble. Well, there was that one time Cliff had an Aerodactyl with the move Nuclear Bazooka or something; that was a complete pain in the ass. So it should definitely be doable!

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Warlock82
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Oh also I currently avoid Sierra because flatly I don't have a team that I know can easily beat her.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I still haven't had the courage to attempt Giovanni again.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    I still haven't had the courage to attempt Giovanni again.

    His Persian gave me problems for the longest time, until I helped my wife to beat him and accidentally discovered Lucario with Counter and Power-Up Punch destroys him. Power-Up Punch fires off so quickly that, including the brief delay all Rockets inexplicably have before they start hitting you, his Persian could barely get a couple of licks in before I was Power-Up Punching him again. And powering up enough to do decent damage to his next 'mon, assuming it wasn't strong against fighting.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    The Escape Goat
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    So how does it work if you lose? Can you re-try or do you have to spend another radar?

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So how does it work if you lose? Can you re-try or do you have to spend another radar?

    No, the radar isn't consumed until you beat them, so try, try again.

    Also, different instances of leaders will have different second and third pokemons and all pokemon will have different moves, so if one leader seems unbeatable, try another version of them.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    ToxWarlock82Gnome-Interruptus
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So how does it work if you lose? Can you re-try or do you have to spend another radar?

    No, the radar isn't consumed until you beat them, so try, try again.

    Also, different instances of leaders will have different second and third pokemons and all pokemon will have different moves, so if one leader seems unbeatable, try another version of them.

    Yup, the only "cost" is in revives/potions

    Ugh I need a Lucario

    Warlock82
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So how does it work if you lose? Can you re-try or do you have to spend another radar?

    Yes, you can retry.

    You can retry the same boss immediately and forever, if you just throw different pokes at them.

    Otherwise if you want to heal up, you can quit and retry until:
    - You move too far from the boss's Pokestop
    - The boss stops occupying the Pokestop
    ...
    Or maybe this is not if you want to heal, but if you want to quit so that your remaining pokes are not slaughtered after a bad start.
    I think you can heal and retry forever if you let the boss defeat you each time, instead of running.

    Or you can go find another boss on the same radar if you don't win.

    discrider on
    Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    Tox wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So how does it work if you lose? Can you re-try or do you have to spend another radar?

    No, the radar isn't consumed until you beat them, so try, try again.

    Also, different instances of leaders will have different second and third pokemons and all pokemon will have different moves, so if one leader seems unbeatable, try another version of them.

    Yup, the only "cost" is in revives/potions

    Ugh I need a Lucario

    Oh awesome, that's good. I still have a bazillion potions and revives (to the point I have to throw them away because item space is garbage) so I don't mind spending them.

    And yeah, I have a Lucario but he is grossly under-leveled unfortunately with not much candy. I was looking last night because for the first time I actually realized that last game-specific Pokedex in Pokemon Home is for Pokemon Go transfers -_- (for whatever reason I got it in my head that it was like, transfers from Bank lumped into one as like a "classic pokedex" or something). So spent a bunch of time tagging stuff to move over to work on that dex, though of course it's also full of bullshit like the fact that it's impossible to transfer Spinda from Go (why tho?) and it has a full Galar dex, Kecleon, etc. Lots of impossible stuff. (speaking of which, did they ever give away Mime Jr through an event or something? Hate those damn regional exclusives :P)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So how does it work if you lose? Can you re-try or do you have to spend another radar?

    No, the radar isn't consumed until you beat them, so try, try again.

    Also, different instances of leaders will have different second and third pokemons and all pokemon will have different moves, so if one leader seems unbeatable, try another version of them.

    Yup, the only "cost" is in revives/potions

    Ugh I need a Lucario

    Oh awesome, that's good. I still have a bazillion potions and revives (to the point I have to throw them away because item space is garbage) so I don't mind spending them.

    And yeah, I have a Lucario but he is grossly under-leveled unfortunately with not much candy. I was looking last night because for the first time I actually realized that last game-specific Pokedex in Pokemon Home is for Pokemon Go transfers -_- (for whatever reason I got it in my head that it was like, transfers from Bank lumped into one as like a "classic pokedex" or something). So spent a bunch of time tagging stuff to move over to work on that dex, though of course it's also full of bullshit like the fact that it's impossible to transfer Spinda from Go (why tho?) and it has a full Galar dex, Kecleon, etc. Lots of impossible stuff. (speaking of which, did they ever give away Mime Jr through an event or something? Hate those damn regional exclusives :P)

    I've got a Mime Jr so yes, they gave them away at some point.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 7
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I've got a Mime Jr so yes, they gave them away at some point.

    Ah.. maybe it will come back some day :P (Honestly I've told myself I'm not going to care *too* much about the Pokedex in Go anymore to save my own sanity, but I'd still like to get as much as I can) I noticed I need Relicanth too (which I've definitely heard they gave away at some point). I don't even know what's regional exclusive after gen 4, other than I assume the dumb gen 5 monkeys because I've only ever seen Simipour.

    Edit: Oh god, the Furfrou forms were region exclusive? I feel less bad about missing that then, since they are currently the only way to get those trim forms into Home. But only being able to get one in is a big whatever. (I'm just assuming they have to bring Furfrou back for Scarlet and Violet.. Spain is near France :P)

    Also looking at this Serebii list they just went ham on them after gen 4 I see.. bleh.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh also I currently avoid Sierra because flatly I don't have a team that I know can easily beat her.

    MewTwo+Moltres+Machamp handles pretty much everyone except Giovanni. Usually I swap in Zarude when I'm battling Giovanni, but my GF discovered Crustle handles his Persian with ease.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Haven't played since.... Late 2020. Are the Rocket leaders still burning their shields the first chance they get? My Poliwrath was good for that.

  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited June 8
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh also I currently avoid Sierra because flatly I don't have a team that I know can easily beat her.

    MewTwo+Moltres+Machamp handles pretty much everyone except Giovanni. Usually I swap in Zarude when I'm battling Giovanni, but my GF discovered Crustle handles his Persian with ease.

    Lol this cat gotta Mewtwo and a Moltres

    Ooh, look at me, I have good pokes. "Just use Legendary pokemon! What, like it's hard?"

    Meanwhile, me:
    6vugqo8kt841.png
    5sv4zngfc6qz.png
    (the numbers are out of 45 max IVs)

    Tox on
    Capt Howdydiscrider
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Hey now, I have several Mewtwos. Go fest last year was really good for my lineup.
    Though my shiny Darkrai collection is probably more impressive. :D

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    I mean yeah

    I have like the one leveled Mewtwo, and then some Machamps and Tyranitars before descending quickly into random stuff what I caught (including legendaries at that 2700 CP level).

    The big thing about the leader battles is getting type resistance to the leader's attacks, as well as getting quick charge moves to eat shields.
    Basically I always face-plant on the first attempt, and then re-jig the team to get those type resistances and hopefully super affective moves.

    discrider on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My BIL & wife helped us get a Nihilego and a Tapu Fini recently. Nihilego is decent, and also I have a perfect Shadow Tyranitar which is damn good (although that one has Rock attacks but the non-Shadow one has Dark attacks which I find a little ironic).

    Hopefully we'll be able to get them to help us pick up Groudon and Kyogre (they're doing a make-up raid Friday for him)

  • pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh also I currently avoid Sierra because flatly I don't have a team that I know can easily beat her.

    MewTwo+Moltres+Machamp handles pretty much everyone except Giovanni. Usually I swap in Zarude when I'm battling Giovanni, but my GF discovered Crustle handles his Persian with ease.

    Lol this cat gotta Mewtwo and a Moltres

    Ooh, look at me, I have good pokes. "Just use Legendary pokemon! What, like it's hard?"

    Meanwhile, me:
    6vugqo8kt841.png
    5sv4zngfc6qz.png
    (the numbers are out of 45 max IVs)

    Your list looks a lot like mine (I’m very limited on legendaries), and I’ve managed to beat the Rocket leaders plenty of times. You also don’t need to worry too much about IVs for the Rocket battles - like others have said, it’s really about getting the right typing to beat their Pokémon.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I've got a Mime Jr so yes, they gave them away at some point.

    Ah.. maybe it will come back some day :P (Honestly I've told myself I'm not going to care *too* much about the Pokedex in Go anymore to save my own sanity, but I'd still like to get as much as I can) I noticed I need Relicanth too (which I've definitely heard they gave away at some point). I don't even know what's regional exclusive after gen 4, other than I assume the dumb gen 5 monkeys because I've only ever seen Simipour.

    Edit: Oh god, the Furfrou forms were region exclusive? I feel less bad about missing that then, since they are currently the only way to get those trim forms into Home. But only being able to get one in is a big whatever. (I'm just assuming they have to bring Furfrou back for Scarlet and Violet.. Spain is near France :P)

    Also looking at this Serebii list they just went ham on them after gen 4 I see.. bleh.

    Eh, it's not too bad. A bunch of regionals become available frequently - Solrock and Lunatone swap hemispheres frequently (they'll do it in the next event). Zangoose and Seviper, and Heatmor and Durant do the same. There was an event that let everyone get both Basculain stripes and Shellos colors. Sawk and Throh have been available worldwide. It's likely we'll get a chance to bite at them all eventually.

    Oh, are you into remote raiding? It's easy to get Uxie, Mespit and Azelf when they're in raids.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    pezgen wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Oh also I currently avoid Sierra because flatly I don't have a team that I know can easily beat her.

    MewTwo+Moltres+Machamp handles pretty much everyone except Giovanni. Usually I swap in Zarude when I'm battling Giovanni, but my GF discovered Crustle handles his Persian with ease.

    Lol this cat gotta Mewtwo and a Moltres

    Ooh, look at me, I have good pokes. "Just use Legendary pokemon! What, like it's hard?"

    Meanwhile, me:
    6vugqo8kt841.png
    5sv4zngfc6qz.png
    (the numbers are out of 45 max IVs)

    Your list looks a lot like mine (I’m very limited on legendaries), and I’ve managed to beat the Rocket leaders plenty of times. You also don’t need to worry too much about IVs for the Rocket battles - like others have said, it’s really about getting the right typing to beat their Pokémon.

    Oh yeah no, I wasn't complaining about Rocket, I was sassing the "just use two legendaries, nbd" when said legendaries haven't even been in the game in forever.

    Also I'm not so much "worried" about IVs I just keep the best ones

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, are you into remote raiding? It's easy to get Uxie, Mespit and Azelf when they're in raids.

    I didn't think they were in raids anymore? How does that work?

    I largely haven't been raiding much since I came back, but I have done a little (mostly solo but also Nihilego)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, are you into remote raiding? It's easy to get Uxie, Mespit and Azelf when they're in raids.

    I didn't think they were in raids anymore? How does that work?

    I largely haven't been raiding much since I came back, but I have done a little (mostly solo but also Nihilego)

    Older legendaries rotate back in every so often - there have been two rounds of the above three.

    There are plenty of apps that can connect you with people worldwide for raids; it's how I'm grinding Groudon candy. I personally like Poke Genie - it's free and has a bunch of other tools like a type effectiveness calculator.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Warlock82Magell
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited June 8
    Wife and I will do raids sometimes. Just depends on what's available. Especially now that remote raid passes aren't free weekly, we gotta be more scrutinizing. Gonna probably go for Kyogre and Groudon, then hold off until Mewtwo because we don't have any of those.

    Of course we're not nearly high enough level to handle any of them so we raid with her brother and his wife, who basically carry but it's all good

    Tox on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, are you into remote raiding? It's easy to get Uxie, Mespit and Azelf when they're in raids.

    I didn't think they were in raids anymore? How does that work?

    I largely haven't been raiding much since I came back, but I have done a little (mostly solo but also Nihilego)

    Older legendaries rotate back in every so often - there have been two rounds of the above three.

    There are plenty of apps that can connect you with people worldwide for raids; it's how I'm grinding Groudon candy. I personally like Poke Genie - it's free and has a bunch of other tools like a type effectiveness calculator.

    Oh neat. I will have to look into this when more interesting stuff shows up. (Wish they were still giving out free remote raid passes T_T)

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, are you into remote raiding? It's easy to get Uxie, Mespit and Azelf when they're in raids.

    I didn't think they were in raids anymore? How does that work?

    I largely haven't been raiding much since I came back, but I have done a little (mostly solo but also Nihilego)

    Older legendaries rotate back in every so often - there have been two rounds of the above three.

    There are plenty of apps that can connect you with people worldwide for raids; it's how I'm grinding Groudon candy. I personally like Poke Genie - it's free and has a bunch of other tools like a type effectiveness calculator.

    Are those types of apps even remotely safe?

  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited June 8
    Tox wrote: »
    Wife and I will do raids sometimes. Just depends on what's available. Especially now that remote raid passes aren't free weekly, we gotta be more scrutinizing. Gonna probably go for Kyogre and Groudon, then hold off until Mewtwo because we don't have any of those.

    Of course we're not nearly high enough level to handle any of them so we raid with her brother and his wife, who basically carry but it's all good

    Kyogre is a Pokedex entry for me. It's a tank, don't get me wrong, but his SP Atk buildup is freaking slow. I prefer Gyrados since it's much easier to max, and easier to get candy for so you can teach it a third move.

    Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Tox wrote: »
    Wife and I will do raids sometimes. Just depends on what's available. Especially now that remote raid passes aren't free weekly, we gotta be more scrutinizing. Gonna probably go for Kyogre and Groudon, then hold off until Mewtwo because we don't have any of those.

    Of course we're not nearly high enough level to handle any of them so we raid with her brother and his wife, who basically carry but it's all good

    Kyogre is a Pokedex entry for me. It's a tank, don't get me wrong, but his SP Atk buildup is freaking slow. I prefer Gyrados since it's much easier to max, and easier to get candy for so you can teach it a third move.

    Oh yeah no same. Well, pokedex entry and also I know my wife wants a Groudon, so. Might as well go for both and get the 'dex entry and also box art poke.

    Capt Howdy
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Oh, are you into remote raiding? It's easy to get Uxie, Mespit and Azelf when they're in raids.

    I didn't think they were in raids anymore? How does that work?

    I largely haven't been raiding much since I came back, but I have done a little (mostly solo but also Nihilego)

    Older legendaries rotate back in every so often - there have been two rounds of the above three.

    There are plenty of apps that can connect you with people worldwide for raids; it's how I'm grinding Groudon candy. I personally like Poke Genie - it's free and has a bunch of other tools like a type effectiveness calculator.

    Are those types of apps even remotely safe?

    I know Poke Genie is. You don't use any kind of login information for them - you just get matched with people and swap friend codes with them as needed, and the only identifier you give/receive is your player name. So there's no risk unless the Pokemon Go friend system itself gets compromised.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
Sign In or Register to comment.