As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

19091939596100

Posts

  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Three skull bosses can be defeated solo. I mean it's always best to raid with a bud, but taking on a three skull solo and claiming the mon as your trophy is quite doable.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man duo? I went in with my son, daughter and best friend and we got wrecked. Granted if we had 10 more seconds we would have got em.

    Yeah, when a legendary is considered duo-able, it's assuming both of you have full squads of really powerful counters, all leveled up to at least level 40 (the point at which you have to switch to candy XL) or beyond, all with the best moves. And the legendary isn't weather-boosted.

    Which is much higher requirements than soloing a non-Shuckle three-star, before anyone snarks. :P

    A full squad of 40s isn't entirely required, it depends on the pokemon. I've been duoing these Kartana with a couple accounts where the battle parties range from level 45 and 50 Charizards to level 20 to 25 Moltres. Just gotta go in with lots of fire.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Three skull bosses can be defeated solo. I mean it's always best to raid with a bud, but taking on a three skull solo and claiming the mon as your trophy is quite doable.

    Oh, totally, but that statement managed to be controversial in this thread a while back for some reason.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 23
    Well this was unexpected
    chger9f1xp92.png

    Edit: BRB, off to buy lotto tickets
    a24pfxyo7glt.pngivupu9d9jhn9.png

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    RuldarCruorToxMNC DoverdiscriderLocal H JayPreachercloudeagleurahonkyNobodyCapt HowdyMagellSpoit
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man duo? I went in with my son, daughter and best friend and we got wrecked. Granted if we had 10 more seconds we would have got em.

    Yeah, when a legendary is considered duo-able, it's assuming both of you have full squads of really powerful counters, all leveled up to at least level 40 (the point at which you have to switch to candy XL) or beyond, all with the best moves. And the legendary isn't weather-boosted.

    Which is much higher requirements than soloing a non-Shuckle three-star, before anyone snarks. :P

    According to pokebattler you can duo Kartana with level 30 fire starters or even flareon.

    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind the bad catch rate on the galarian birds if they had a slightly higher encounter rate. In roughly 30 adventure incense walks I've seen two spawn.

    3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
    urahonkyCapt HowdyWarlock82Ruldar
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the bad catch rate on the galarian birds if they had a slightly higher encounter rate. In roughly 30 adventure incense walks I've seen two spawn.

    Yeah this was my second one seen ever. I saw one more over the weekend but it got away of course. I think the insane flee rate is fine (as a gimmick) but they do need to bump up the catch rate to something not ridiculous. I assume the only reason I caught that one was because its CP was pretty low. I've said it before but if you're using the values from the mainline games - Pokemon don't flee in those (with the exception of Teleport, etc). So the very low catch rate is fine because you get a ton of tries (or worst case, Master Ball)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the bad catch rate on the galarian birds if they had a slightly higher encounter rate. In roughly 30 adventure incense walks I've seen two spawn.

    Yeah this was my second one seen ever. I saw one more over the weekend but it got away of course. I think the insane flee rate is fine (as a gimmick) but they do need to bump up the catch rate to something not ridiculous. I assume the only reason I caught that one was because its CP was pretty low. I've said it before but if you're using the values from the mainline games - Pokemon don't flee in those (with the exception of Teleport, etc). So the very low catch rate is fine because you get a ton of tries (or worst case, Master Ball)

    I had a Galarian bird with a CP of 112 pop out of a ball without even a wiggle. So I think you got very, very lucky any way you slice it.

    Yeah, the encounter/catch rate is a pain, but I doubt it's going to change - that's a sneaky way to ensure people keep playing the thing every day.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Capt Howdy
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the bad catch rate on the galarian birds if they had a slightly higher encounter rate. In roughly 30 adventure incense walks I've seen two spawn.

    Yeah this was my second one seen ever. I saw one more over the weekend but it got away of course. I think the insane flee rate is fine (as a gimmick) but they do need to bump up the catch rate to something not ridiculous. I assume the only reason I caught that one was because its CP was pretty low. I've said it before but if you're using the values from the mainline games - Pokemon don't flee in those (with the exception of Teleport, etc). So the very low catch rate is fine because you get a ton of tries (or worst case, Master Ball)

    I had a Galarian bird with a CP of 112 pop out of a ball without even a wiggle. So I think you got very, very lucky any way you slice it.

    Yeah, the encounter/catch rate is a pain, but I doubt it's going to change - that's a sneaky way to ensure people keep playing the thing every day.

    Well yeah, the catch rate is still stupid regardless of CP. But lower CP stuff is just easier to catch in general. So it goes from "impossible" to "unlikely" :P

    I agree though, they aren't gonna change it. God knows there are so many things in this game they've never improved after six years.

    Edit: Dang! https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/xn8x3t/pokeminers_0249x_digging_deeper_shiny_rates_for/
    Ready for raid button, pokemon spawn on stop spins, etc
    To the player, it looks like you would spin a stop, then a Pokemon encounter would pop up. From the server, it's actually spawning a rocket that you just skip the battle and dialogue. From an engineering point of view, that's pretty neat and a good use of DRY principles. But I get it, most of you don't care about that, moving on haha.

    As someone in the comments there said:
    A pokemon showing up when you spin a stop that you couldn't see on the map? Is it finally time? Is kecleon coming?!

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    urahonkyRuldar
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    Ok, at this point I feel like there must be a contest inside Niantic on who can design the worst boxes


    WTF is that last one? (also I re-instate my original bitching, 10 super incubator box for 1400 ain't coming back and I'm mad)

    (also meanwhile bitching about stuff like this over at Silph Road gets massive upvotes but god forbid you mention you didn't know Zapdos had an elite fast move, or mentioning you bought the community day box because that's a downvotin'... *sigh*)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Capt Howdy
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Whelp, looks like it's going to take forever to hatch eggs again. I'm not paying that amount for incubators. The old box was a perfect mix of cost to reward. That price? Yeah, that price can suck it.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 26
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Whelp, looks like it's going to take forever to hatch eggs again. I'm not paying that amount for incubators. The old box was a perfect mix of cost to reward. That price? Yeah, that price can suck it.

    Yeah.. I *might* get one of the current Hatch boxes at 775, even though it's still overpriced, just to have *something* before this garbage hits but I refuse to buy any of this. That last box is just an insult. And literally half of the Raid box are items that have nothing to do with raiding! (aside from also being garbage filler.. no one wants to buy Ultra Balls and Poffins)

    And you know, I could *maybe* stomach some of these insane price hikes if it were actually possible to get F2P currency in this game. 50 coins a day "if you're lucky and a gym you put a pokemon in gets taken out that day" is a joke. That system has always been garbage.

    Edit: Hey cool, "Niantic" is trending on twitter with everyone complaining about how absurd these boxes are! :D

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It’s like someone there thinks that IRL inflation should affect people’s play-money.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    On a more positive note, very first raid of this:
    vb70dkojdp9b.png

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Local H JayMr_RoseCapt HowdyRuldarcloudeagleSpoitMagell
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Whelp, looks like it's going to take forever to hatch eggs again. I'm not paying that amount for incubators. The old box was a perfect mix of cost to reward. That price? Yeah, that price can suck it.

    Yeah.. I *might* get one of the current Hatch boxes at 775, even though it's still overpriced, just to have *something* before this garbage hits but I refuse to buy any of this. That last box is just an insult. And literally half of the Raid box are items that have nothing to do with raiding! (aside from also being garbage filler.. no one wants to buy Ultra Balls and Poffins)

    And you know, I could *maybe* stomach some of these insane price hikes if it were actually possible to get F2P currency in this game. 50 coins a day "if you're lucky and a gym you put a pokemon in gets taken out that day" is a joke. That system has always been garbage.

    Still better than the "no one gets coins from gyms at all except the most obsessive players" system.

    Sorry you're not getting coins - you must be in an area without many gym players. I don't have trouble getting 50 coins most days.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Capt Howdy
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 27
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Whelp, looks like it's going to take forever to hatch eggs again. I'm not paying that amount for incubators. The old box was a perfect mix of cost to reward. That price? Yeah, that price can suck it.

    Yeah.. I *might* get one of the current Hatch boxes at 775, even though it's still overpriced, just to have *something* before this garbage hits but I refuse to buy any of this. That last box is just an insult. And literally half of the Raid box are items that have nothing to do with raiding! (aside from also being garbage filler.. no one wants to buy Ultra Balls and Poffins)

    And you know, I could *maybe* stomach some of these insane price hikes if it were actually possible to get F2P currency in this game. 50 coins a day "if you're lucky and a gym you put a pokemon in gets taken out that day" is a joke. That system has always been garbage.

    Still better than the "no one gets coins from gyms at all except the most obsessive players" system.

    Sorry you're not getting coins - you must be in an area without many gym players. I don't have trouble getting 50 coins most days.

    Neither system is good (though at least with the old system if you put in effort to get in a gym, you got coins, 100% consistently). And I'm getting coins but 50/day is pretty sad (and there's literally no other way to get them - not like Niantic ever gives them away) and it requires way too much luck+effort just to make sure you have pokemon in enough gyms each day to hope that at least one of them will be taken over (but hopefully not all of them because then you have to start all over and most of your effort was wasted!). I can't even imagine what a nightmare this system is in rural towns with like, two gyms total. They need to revamp the system and probably provide alternate ways to get coins (at the very least, give them out as rewards now and then for special research/pvp/etc).

    Although IMO the biggest annoyance for me is the fact that remote raid passes are 100% paid items. No free remote raid passes like local raid passes. I never used to spend this much on this game and it's all because of remote passes.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Saw my first Galarian bird (Zapdos)! Used a golden razz and hit a curveball excellent, and it broke out in the first wiggle. Ah well.

  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Saw my first Galarian bird (Zapdos)! Used a golden razz and hit a curveball excellent, and it broke out in the first wiggle. Ah well.

    Welcome to the club! I've had three chances with Moltres, and one with Zapdos. I golden berried them, used the best ball, and hit all of them with excellent curve throws. Each of them busted out and fled on the first throw.

    I'll get you my pretties. I'll get you someday!

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Warlock82Cruor
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 27
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Saw my first Galarian bird (Zapdos)! Used a golden razz and hit a curveball excellent, and it broke out in the first wiggle. Ah well.

    Welcome to the club! I've had three chances with Moltres, and one with Zapdos. I golden berried them, used the best ball, and hit all of them with excellent curve throws. Each of them busted out and fled on the first throw.

    I'll get you my pretties. I'll get you someday!

    Meanwhile I saw someone on twitter or silph road or something who had like 5 Galarian Birds at pretty decent CP levels and I'm like "what hacks are you using?!" :D I am still absolutely shocked I caught that Galarian Zapdos. That was crazy luck.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Capt Howdy
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    The only reason I have Moltres/Zapdos/Articuno is when they were in raids back in like 2017 or something like that.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 27
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Whelp, looks like it's going to take forever to hatch eggs again. I'm not paying that amount for incubators. The old box was a perfect mix of cost to reward. That price? Yeah, that price can suck it.

    Yeah.. I *might* get one of the current Hatch boxes at 775, even though it's still overpriced, just to have *something* before this garbage hits but I refuse to buy any of this. That last box is just an insult. And literally half of the Raid box are items that have nothing to do with raiding! (aside from also being garbage filler.. no one wants to buy Ultra Balls and Poffins)

    And you know, I could *maybe* stomach some of these insane price hikes if it were actually possible to get F2P currency in this game. 50 coins a day "if you're lucky and a gym you put a pokemon in gets taken out that day" is a joke. That system has always been garbage.

    Still better than the "no one gets coins from gyms at all except the most obsessive players" system.

    Sorry you're not getting coins - you must be in an area without many gym players. I don't have trouble getting 50 coins most days.

    Neither system is good (though at least with the old system if you put in effort to get in a gym, you got coins, 100% consistently). And I'm getting coins but 50/day is pretty sad (and there's literally no other way to get them - not like Niantic ever gives them away) and it requires way too much luck+effort just to make sure you have pokemon in enough gyms each day to hope that at least one of them will be taken over (but hopefully not all of them because then you have to start all over and most of your effort was wasted!). I can't even imagine what a nightmare this system is in rural towns with like, two gyms total. They need to revamp the system and probably provide alternate ways to get coins (at the very least, give them out as rewards now and then for special research/pvp/etc).

    Although IMO the biggest annoyance for me is the fact that remote raid passes are 100% paid items. No free remote raid passes like local raid passes. I never used to spend this much on this game and it's all because of remote passes.

    That's probably because remote raid passes didn't exist when you played last. :P

    And I never, ever, ever got coins from gyms under the old system, even after putting in the effort. I always got kicked out before 24 hours, even when I sought out more remote gyms. I gave up after five tries.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 27
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Whelp, looks like it's going to take forever to hatch eggs again. I'm not paying that amount for incubators. The old box was a perfect mix of cost to reward. That price? Yeah, that price can suck it.

    Yeah.. I *might* get one of the current Hatch boxes at 775, even though it's still overpriced, just to have *something* before this garbage hits but I refuse to buy any of this. That last box is just an insult. And literally half of the Raid box are items that have nothing to do with raiding! (aside from also being garbage filler.. no one wants to buy Ultra Balls and Poffins)

    And you know, I could *maybe* stomach some of these insane price hikes if it were actually possible to get F2P currency in this game. 50 coins a day "if you're lucky and a gym you put a pokemon in gets taken out that day" is a joke. That system has always been garbage.

    Still better than the "no one gets coins from gyms at all except the most obsessive players" system.

    Sorry you're not getting coins - you must be in an area without many gym players. I don't have trouble getting 50 coins most days.

    Neither system is good (though at least with the old system if you put in effort to get in a gym, you got coins, 100% consistently). And I'm getting coins but 50/day is pretty sad (and there's literally no other way to get them - not like Niantic ever gives them away) and it requires way too much luck+effort just to make sure you have pokemon in enough gyms each day to hope that at least one of them will be taken over (but hopefully not all of them because then you have to start all over and most of your effort was wasted!). I can't even imagine what a nightmare this system is in rural towns with like, two gyms total. They need to revamp the system and probably provide alternate ways to get coins (at the very least, give them out as rewards now and then for special research/pvp/etc).

    Although IMO the biggest annoyance for me is the fact that remote raid passes are 100% paid items. No free remote raid passes like local raid passes. I never used to spend this much on this game and it's all because of remote passes.

    That's probably because remote raid passes didn't exist when you played last. :P

    That is 100% why :P I did still buy coins every so often for when they had good boxes in the shop (like boxes with tons of super incubators or premium raid passes) but remote raid passes are so much better. Wish they'd just remove the dumb cap on them already. Let me stock up while there are good deals like the current box (which honestly isn't THAT good of a deal but it's 1 coin less for a couple extra items, so it's better than just buying the passes alone)

    (I honestly probably should try to start hosting shit just to get rid of the hundreds of local raid passes I have wasting away in my inventory but man that feels like so much work... Also my friends list is already so close to max to add 5 people at a time :P WTB more friends list space plz, especially with the way Vivillons are gonna work... tho also plz optimize how the list loads if you do that because it's already terribly slow just to get into the page itself)

    Edit: Side note, wish we had a more accurate "last online" than "2+ days" - 2 days is nothing. I can't distinguish someone who took the weekend off between someone who hasn't played in 5 years. I'm also sure there are some who probably deleted me (maybe immediately after a remote raid host) but there's no way to know. I'd love to clean up my friends list to make more room but there's not a great way to do this (maybe campfire has a better display? I need to figure out how to get invited to that)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    On a more positive note, very first raid of this:
    vb70dkojdp9b.png

    A Tasmanian Yveltal, very nice.

    Warlock82Capt Howdy
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    From what I have been hearing about the upcoming fashion week event it sounds like they may be available again in the immediate future.

    Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    On a more positive note, very first raid of this:
    vb70dkojdp9b.png

    A Tasmanian Yveltal, very nice.

    Yeah, I noticed this a little after posting. It made me happy :3 It's one of the things that make remote raiding so cool :D

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    From what I have been hearing about the upcoming fashion week event it sounds like they may be available again in the immediate future.

    I wouldn't count on it - from what I understand the fashion battlers happen as research rewards, not encounters at stops. But watch me be wrong and there's random fashion battlers anyway.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 27
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    From what I have been hearing about the upcoming fashion week event it sounds like they may be available again in the immediate future.

    I wouldn't count on it - from what I understand the fashion battlers happen as research rewards, not encounters at stops. But watch me be wrong and there's random fashion battlers anyway.

    You know, I agreed with you and then I noticed this:
    Fashion Week (2/6)
    Battle a Fashion Challenger
    Fashion Week (4/6)
    Battle a Fashion Challenger

    Soooo I think there will be? How would you do that research otherwise? Unless for some reason the previous in-research battle immediately completes the next step? (that would be so weird but maybe?)

    (I hope one of these things happen once I finally get to that level that requires me to battle leaders with shit pokemon teams)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    From what I have been hearing about the upcoming fashion week event it sounds like they may be available again in the immediate future.

    I wouldn't count on it - from what I understand the fashion battlers happen as research rewards, not encounters at stops. But watch me be wrong and there's random fashion battlers anyway.

    You know, I agreed with you and then I noticed this:
    Fashion Week (4/6)
    Battle a Fashion Challenger

    Soooo I think there will be? How would you do that research otherwise?

    It looks like it shows up as a research task. Today if you take 5 snapshots, 3 berries, 10 pokemon (I think) then the reward is a battle it looks like.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    From what I have been hearing about the upcoming fashion week event it sounds like they may be available again in the immediate future.

    I wouldn't count on it - from what I understand the fashion battlers happen as research rewards, not encounters at stops. But watch me be wrong and there's random fashion battlers anyway.

    You know, I agreed with you and then I noticed this:
    Fashion Week (4/6)
    Battle a Fashion Challenger

    Soooo I think there will be? How would you do that research otherwise?

    It looks like it shows up as a research task. Today if you take 5 snapshots, 3 berries, 10 pokemon (I think) then the reward is a battle it looks like.

    Yeah, I can't tell if it's just feeding off the previous research step (which awards a battle) or not. It would be really weird if it did that, but it might be.

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    My son is having a hell of a time against Giovanni. I just don't think he has the Pokemon to do it unfortunately.

    Giovanni is stupid hard. Even I had problems (mainly with his legendary) and I have pretty good mons. Keep an eye out for events that feature non-Rockets at stops to battle. They tend to nerf the Rockets (including Giovanni) during those times (seems like it's a blanket nerf to "battles at Pokestops" to make the event fights easier, which indirectly hits the Rockets). But we also just had one last month so I'm not sure when the next time they'll do something like this is.

    Can also check this for counter suggestions:
    https://www.dexerto.com/pokemon/how-to-beat-giovanni-pokemon-go-1546209/

    From what I have been hearing about the upcoming fashion week event it sounds like they may be available again in the immediate future.

    I wouldn't count on it - from what I understand the fashion battlers happen as research rewards, not encounters at stops. But watch me be wrong and there's random fashion battlers anyway.

    You know, I agreed with you and then I noticed this:
    Fashion Week (4/6)
    Battle a Fashion Challenger

    Soooo I think there will be? How would you do that research otherwise?

    It looks like it shows up as a research task. Today if you take 5 snapshots, 3 berries, 10 pokemon (I think) then the reward is a battle it looks like.

    Yeah, I can't tell if it's just feeding off the previous research step (which awards a battle) or not. It would be really weird if it did that, but it might be.

    Yep, it feeds off the previous research step.

    Which really isn't anything new. Say you finish the first group of research and encounter the Pokemon reward for the set. Now, let's say the second group of research includes get X great throws. If you get great throws on the Pokemon reward from the first set, it'll count toward the great throw research in the second set, even if the Professor hasn't done his blathering yet.

    But yeah, can confirm no fashion challengers in the wild.

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Warlock82GrobianRuldar
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 27
    Yup, seems that way (also lol what are these challenger teams? I put some good pokemon on my team and they just one-shotted everything). Incidentally, already caught a shiny sunglasses Absol on the way home for lunch, so woooo! (edit: Are shiny rates boosted for this? I saw a couple people on Silph Road suggesting it but I didn't think they were supposed to be?)

    Been thinking about fashion week and kinda surprised Minccino isn't one of the wild spawn choices (especially over like, Murkrow which I guess kinda sorta looks like it's wearing a hat.. maybe?), though I suppose this is why it has a spotlight hour today. Feels like next time this event rolls around they aught to add that and maybe release Mega Gardevoir (cuz I mean, big fancy ballroom dress feels very fashion appropriate to me). Also update Dugtrio to have three hats because what the heck were you thinking?

    (also speaking of megas, how is it I have like 3 good Lopunnies now and ALL of them are male?! I know it doesn't really matter but it feels so weird. I just caught a 96% over lunch trying to farm mega energy and it ended up being male too)

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Capt Howdy
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I need a shiny hat Toxicroak. I neeeeed it.

    Warlock82
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I need a shiny hat Toxicroak. I neeeeed it.

    I super wish I could just add a hat onto my existing shiny Toxicroak :P

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 27


    Bah, of course it's Mega Manectric :P Not like I haven't already found a bazillion mega energy quests for him this month or anything... :3 (though I'm still not super satisfied with the IVs of the one I mega evolved, so maybe I'll try for a good one and/or shiny) I assume the mystery one is Mega Banette.

    But that said, Mega Gyarados raid day you say??? Why yes, I have been missing that Mega...

    Also no Origin Form Giratina raid hour? That's a shame. Maybe it's gonna happen in November? (I'm gonna assume that until we hear otherwise)

    Also totally down for these spotlight hours. Need freaking Gastly XL candy so bad so the Haunter one's gonna be hype. Also "Bring your buddy pokemon to witness something special at the beginning and end of this spotlight hour" on Shuppet? Whaaa?

    (also a couple events I have no clue on.. Evolving Stars and Festival of Lights *shrug* FoL sounds familiar so maybe it's a repeating event? I suspect Evolving Stars might be centered around Cosmoem and the research to evolve Cosmog being released)

    Edit: Oh, hello new shiny Shedinja... didn't notice you there...

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Capt Howdyurahonky
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    I need to hit all four of those spotlight hours fairly hard, my Dark and Ghost medals need the catch numbers. The Haunter hour will be really great for stardust so I am particularly looking forward to that one.

    Warlock82Capt Howdy
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Just caught a shiny fancy Kirlia. Here's hoping that they make a fancy Gardevoir that I can evolve it into.

    RuldarWarlock82Capt HowdyTox
  • RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Just caught a shiny fancy Kirlia. Here's hoping that they make a fancy Gardevoir that I can evolve it into.

    I find it really weird that they didn't include that since there have been past events that awarded Gardevoirs with hats.

  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    My kids desperately need potions. Is it better to spin gyms over regular pokestops? I've spun about 20 stops so far and they got a single potion.

Sign In or Register to comment.