As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[God of War] I'm mad, but I ain't stressin'

1161718192022»

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I started playing last night. Beat chapter 1 and got as far into Chapter 2 as
    Meeting a really cool witch. I like her.l already.

So, the intro fight...
    That was Baldur, right? I was 80% sure it was Baldur though the fight with his healing, general invulnerability, and complaining about not being able to feel. Then he mentioned his brother and I'm like 99% sure it's Baldur.

Also, he is 100% not dead and coming back for round 2 later.

Also, Challenge/Hard difficulty is ludicrously hard at points so far. I shudder to think what the even harder difficulty is like. I've seen so many Game Over screens so far.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I started playing last night. Beat chapter 1 and got as far into Chapter 2 as
    Meeting a really cool witch. I like her.l already.

So, the intro fight...
    That was Baldur, right? I was 80% sure it was Baldur though the fight with his healing, general invulnerability, and complaining about not being able to feel. Then he mentioned his brother and I'm like 99% sure it's Baldur.

Also, he is 100% not dead and coming back for round 2 later.

Also, Challenge/Hard difficulty is ludicrously hard at points so far. I shudder to think what the even harder difficulty is like. I've seen so many Game Over screens so far.

the difficulty curve is kind of messed up, in that on the higher difficulties, the beginning of the game is by far the most difficult. It eases up a lot once you start getting upgrades and gear.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Biggest WTFs so far were Revenant + 2 Heavies and then a lava throwing troll with little acid throwing add friends.

The second one was frustrating because messing up just once and getting hit by the giant log/beam could be instant death and his hp pool was huge.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Picked this up last Monday and wow yeah it is very good
    I have to go get a Chisel, but have taken a detour into sidequesting, so today I took a trip to
    Muspelheim after looking at the crafting menu, which was promising very nice looking yellows. Cleared the 4th challenge room so far and I have a much better set of gear, hurrah. That 100 enemies one was a right pain though, bloody travellers. Might see how bad the next room is, but tempted to do a bit more story with my shiny new gear.
    I also didn't expect to be so touched by a simple scene with a lantern earlier in the game, but there you go.

Given that I have no history with GoW in the slightest, I am surprised how won over I've been. I've got the sketch version of Kratos's backstory, but I don't feel I'm missing out on anything, it's fantastically well crafted as a jumping on point, largely down to the BOY really.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Got the chisel
    That boss fight was cool, I actually liked the blocking segment once I figured it out. I hope Artreus learning the truth about Kratos doesn't take too much longer, this is turning into a CW plot at this point.

Also, foreshadowing at that point in the game
    When Sendri mentioned the Heimdall arrow being used to stitch Atreus' quiver I realised that'll come up later, since those arrows are apparently Bad News.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Finished. WOW yeah sign me up for the next one day one.
    didn't see the end thing coming even though all the signposts where right there!

I cleared out the optional bosses before the end*, have to decide if I want to go raven chasing. Probably will.

*that last one was a bastard, but not as hard as
    the muspelheim one at level 5

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    My partner has been working on a piece for the Leviathan Axe and it's looking pretty damn good (and also going to take a loooong time)

https://imgur.com/a/WQHIT1Y

WheatBun01 on
    art.jpg 114.3K
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Is there a good crafting guide? I think I am pretty far in the game, and I want to make sure I'm not using up the good stuff that can upgrade endgame armors. Right now I'm rocking Traveler's breastplate, Tyr Gauntlets, and Ancient Belt.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    captaink wrote: »
    Is there a good crafting guide? I think I am pretty far in the game, and I want to make sure I'm not using up the good stuff that can upgrade endgame armors. Right now I'm rocking Traveler's breastplate, Tyr Gauntlets, and Ancient Belt.

I think that, for the absolute rarest 'you can only get these from killing this finite enemy' materials, the game provides exactly enough of them to fulfill every upgrade requirement that you can run across by the end of the game. The less-rare ones have ways to get them that replenish in some fashion.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I think that, for the absolute rarest 'you can only get these from killing this finite enemy' materials, the game provides exactly enough of them to fulfill every upgrade requirement that you can run across by the end of the game. The less-rare ones have ways to get them that replenish in some fashion.

That was my suspicion, but there's so much stuff in this game it was hard to tell.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I recently started playing myself and I just got Ivaldi's Corrupted Mind. I'm wondering if that stacks with the pommels that have a low perk activation chance of weakening enemies, or if I should swap out the Axe/Blade's pommels now that I have Ivaldi's Corrupted Mind that passively does it to all enemies in a radius.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Cory Barlog records a message for master .gif artists SunhiLegend and Much118x thanking them for the beautiful God of War .gifs they have made and telling them that they will be receiving official God of War Development Team PS4 controllers and welcomes them as unofficial members of the development team.

Cory Barlog: We have a very special message for the #GodofWar GIF masters @SunhiLegend
    & @Much118x whose continued creations inspire and drive us to no end, thank you

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Oh hey a God of War thread I somehow missed.

God of War may be my favorite game ever. It is so good. It hits real close to home for me and its incredibly well written and poignant.

That's all thank you for coming to my TED Talk

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I got the Platinum in God of War and still I hunger for more. Considering I came at it with the bias from previous games and all their problems, that kind of compete 180 turnaround is pretty remarkable.

Now give me the sequel, I know it's coming!