As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Many [Love]s of Hocthuseles.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    Secret British Thread

You should all watch the 3 part documentary on the Stephen Lawrence murder/inquiry

It is very good.

Edit: I mean well made. The actual subject matter is not happy

I will check it out!

Be prepared to be shocked at how incompetent/racist/corrupt the Met was back in the 90's

When I did my a level in government in politics we studied it as a case study and remember being horrified, but it's been a while since then and I bet it's going to horrify me again.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    Also my home town (which isn’t even small! 120,000 people!) is like a black hole from which few manage to escape. People just slowly spiral round while time seems to freeze (I’m always a little freaked out by how unchanged the town is from my childhood).

My dad’s family has resided there for more than 300 years.

So, my mom and her sister were born in mid-England and moved all over the country. Went to colleges in different cities. Both ended up marrying men named Peter from my hometown. To cut a long story short, my aunt and mom now live 100 ft from each other, in houses on opposite sides of the same street. My mom’s parents also moved down to live there in their retirement until death.

My dad always said he didn’t intend to remain in his hometown (to which he returned when I was 2) and he actually left my mom (who never wanted to live in my hometown either!) a few years ago and divorced and moved to London. Now my mom is stuck, unable to move both for monetary and family/network reasons.

My dad’s hope was my siblings would escape, as I had, and that he’d have kids scattered across the globe to visit. My brother went to college in London and planned to move to New Zealand! My other brother went to college in Sheffield, like me! He liked Canada! My sister went to college in yet another city. (The twins are still too young to have settled anywhere yet).

Yeah, all three siblings have since bought houses in my hometown; my sister is married to a local, one brother is engaged to a local, and all three plan to raise their kids there.

That sounds kind of nice in some respects?

But if I lived forever in the house I was born in I might die.

I think about that when I hear about people inheriting the family home and living there.

And all I think is, your bedroom (as I assume they'd move into the big bedroom) is the one your parents probably conceived you in.

And that is weird AF.

Why?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Because I think it's weird.

When you think something is weird, you don't have a well thought out argument. You think it is weird.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Also

Your parents had sex in that room

A lot

I dunno if I could get past that at all

Especially if I was having sex there like, that's even worse

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    What about sleeping in your deceased grandparent's room?

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    They probably had sex, too.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    What about sleeping in your deceased grandparent's room?

Oh I'm cool with that.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Also

A lot

There's every chance your parents 'christened' all the rooms in your childhood home, even your bedroom.

• Options
    Because I think it's weird.

When you think something is weird, you don't have a well thought out argument. You think it is weird.

Fair enough.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Also

A lot

I have lain in my parent’s bed a lot in my life.

They absolutely got busy in that bed. I can’t imagine what my life would be like if I was squicked out by the idea of having lain where my parents rode the bone train. I imagine it would be unnecessarily uncomfortable.

If I had the chance to get busy on it I wouldn’t unless I had the chance to change the sheets, cuz leaving fluids on other peoples’ bed is pretty rude, but beyond that I don’t think I see the problem.

Edit: super excited I got to use the euphemism “ride the bone train” for this post.

sarukun on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Also

A lot

There's every chance your parents 'christened' all the rooms in your childhood home, even your bedroom.

Nope, my childhood bedroom was just dirt in the ground when I was born. We renovated the shit out of our house during my tenure there.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Also my home town (which isn’t even small! 120,000 people!) is like a black hole from which few manage to escape. People just slowly spiral round while time seems to freeze (I’m always a little freaked out by how unchanged the town is from my childhood).

So, my mom and her sister were born in mid-England and moved all over the country. Went to colleges in different cities. Both ended up marrying men named Peter from my hometown. To cut a long story short, my aunt and mom now live 100 ft from each other, in houses on opposite sides of the same street. My mom’s parents also moved down to live there in their retirement until death.

My dad always said he didn’t intend to remain in his hometown (to which he returned when I was 2) and he actually left my mom (who never wanted to live in my hometown either!) a few years ago and divorced and moved to London. Now my mom is stuck, unable to move both for monetary and family/network reasons.

My dad’s hope was my siblings would escape, as I had, and that he’d have kids scattered across the globe to visit. My brother went to college in London and planned to move to New Zealand! My other brother went to college in Sheffield, like me! He liked Canada! My sister went to college in yet another city. (The twins are still too young to have settled anywhere yet).

Yeah, all three siblings have since bought houses in my hometown; my sister is married to a local, one brother is engaged to a local, and all three plan to raise their kids there.

I think about that when I hear about people inheriting the family home and living there.

And all I think is, your bedroom (as I assume they'd move into the big bedroom) is the one your parents probably conceived you in.

And that is weird AF.

One of my previous bosses once asked me to house-sit for her while she and the family were away on holidays.

When I went there to get the rundown of the house, she took me through everything and once we were done I asked about the sofa bed.

"Oh we don't have a sofa bed, but you're more than welcome to use ours!"

I slept on the couch.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Also

A lot

Nope, my childhood bedroom was just dirt in the ground when I was born. We renovated the shit out of our house during my tenure there.

You think they didn't christen that dirt??

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I know for a fact that my brother and one of his past girlfriends did the nasty on our old kitchen table. Which is now the kitchen table in his house that he shares with his wife. And she also knows. Because he told both of us. While we were sat there eating dinner.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Absolute lad

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Top bants

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I'm going to a party tomorrow

I get invited to parties now

What a change in life since a year ago

Positive changes can and do happen.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Go to all the parties.

Party all the time.

Never stop partying.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Do what you like and like what you do!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Impossible

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Go to all the parties.

Party all the time.

Never stop partying.

KgRIDePl.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

Impossible

To clarify: before they were deceased.

Although, maybe the had some unfinished business. That would make sleeping in their room really weird.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »

And that is weird AF.

One of my previous bosses once asked me to house-sit for her while she and the family were away on holidays.

When I went there to get the rundown of the house, she took me through everything and once we were done I asked about the sofa bed.

"Oh we don't have a sofa bed, but you're more than welcome to use ours!"

I slept on the couch.

See, I'd bang on that bed.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

Impossible

To clarify: before they were deceased.

Although, maybe the had some unfinished business. That would make sleeping in their room really weird.

Nobody in my family has ever had sex and I will fight anybody who says different

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Today, I'm going away with some friends to the Lake District for a weekend of walking, playing board games, hanging out and just enjoying each other's company.

Dang that is like

The best holiday

It's definitely up there! There's like, twelve of us going? Happy days
    I feel as if it’s the type of holiday that just doesn’t happen in the US

Socailizing in general is hard in the US, bleh.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Today, I'm going away with some friends to the Lake District for a weekend of walking, playing board games, hanging out and just enjoying each other's company.

Dang that is like

The best holiday

This sort of thing was, like, 90% of my last vacation and everyone back home was kind of baffled when my answer to "so what did you do?" was "mostly just hung out with friends"

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am supremely lucky to have a great group of friends from grad school - we do friend mountain cabin trips (we live in Colorado) and just hang out for weekends!

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I did a mountain cabin trip with some friends like two weeks ago. Except that with the absurd resurgence of winter the snow nearly killed us on the drive up and the power went out the first night taking the heat and the hot water with it, and we had no firewood.

Other than that, good times.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I had a group of friends like that, for a while, I sort of miss it, I don't know how it will happen again, it was very much a college thing

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Go to all the parties.

Party all the time.

Never stop partying.

RDZDP4f.jpg

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Dang that is like

The best holiday

This sort of thing was, like, 90% of my last vacation and everyone back home was kind of baffled when my answer to "so what did you do?" was "mostly just hung out with friends"

This is what I tell people I do at South-PAX but with a lot of drinking involved.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Almost all of my vacations could be described as "hang out with friends/family in X place"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Dang that is like

The best holiday

This is what I tell people I do at South-PAX but with a lot of drinking involved.

it is exclusively what i do because i am not even there for the pax part

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Our family vacation in Italy was amazing. I never wanted it to end.

• Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The shade in that second one made the dog appear to teleport into existence.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Oh my god the second one. Literally emerging from the shadows

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Someone started giving out my number to Tinder matches, and despite me telling every single text that came in that I'm not the dude in the profile, my number is being given out, and directing people to my FaceBook to verify that its not me on Tinder (which I don't even have) two of them still want to meet up and one of the two wants to potentially date

so

thats

hm

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Some of us can't find love when we look and here's Mal having it thrust upon him as he tries to deny it.

Isn't that always the way

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I am just as, if not more, baffled by this turn of events.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
This discussion has been closed.