Options

The Many [Love]s of Hocthuseles.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Obviously if they're not just arguing call the police. And even if, look up your local noise ordinances and go through your rent contract for clauses about loud hours and make noise complaints to the property management and or your local PD.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    sarukun wrote: »
    I just need to drink less, and not think I'm funny or clever when I'm drunk, because no one is funny or clever when they're drunk, especially to people who aren't also drunk

I spoke to a woman about World of Warcraft for TWO HOURS.

...About what in particular?

I got blackout drunk that night, so I honestly do not remember.

Something about why I loved it so much.

I do have some fond memories of WoW, but I don't love it so much.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I just need to drink less, and not think I'm funny or clever when I'm drunk, because no one is funny or clever when they're drunk, especially to people who aren't also drunk

I spoke to a woman about World of Warcraft for TWO HOURS.

I had a woman speak to me about WoW for almost an hour!

It was awful.

I apologized profusely for my behavior.

I was so nervous about doing it again that the next time I got blackout drunk all I did was apologize for how drunk I was.

That was almost 3 years ago and I haven't been that drunk since.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Obviously if they're not just arguing call the police. And even if, look up your local noise ordinances and go through your rent contract for clauses about loud hours and make noise complaints to the property management and or your local PD.

Yeah for sure. they stopped just before quiet hours (10pm) last night, but I'm going to start keeping notes on it.

Also thanks @Creagan my brother has some ptsd issues and shouting voices has a chance to trigger him. we will have to spend some time figuring out what works best for him.

• Options
    I think I might save up and get Claw a set of sennheiser (my favorite brand of headphones) noise cancelling headphones for Xmas.

• Options
    Sennheisers are so goooooooood.

• Options
    edited July 2018

yeah it seems like most of their ANC phones are bluetooth though which isn't great. Claw has an old phone and it'll probable suck his battery dry.

I might go Audio Technica?

Uriel on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Tbh if it’s dealing with yelling then active noise cancelling might not even be the best, but maybe

Like some in ears with a good seal would really block out the sound well

poo
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    So long distance is hard, but seems tolerable so far?

One must be reasonable. I think I've grown a lot as a person in the last few years, I couldn't have done this a while back. Feels good!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I would consider calling the police if it's loud enough to cause problems for you and your family.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    On the other hand, waiting a little time to gather more information about the situation might also be something to consider.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    There are a lot of cases where police intervention in domestic disputes makes things worse for victims, not better, and that should always be considered before calling the cops on someone

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

yeah it seems like most of their ANC phones are bluetooth though which isn't great. Claw has an old phone and it'll probable suck his battery dry.

I bought a set of HD BT 4.40 Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones and the head band cracked like a week and a half after I got them. Replaced them with a set of Audio Technicas (ATH-M40x) and the ATs have way better build quality.

• Options
    Yeah, I guess you should definitely consider things carefully before calling the cops on your neighbors

You might get them killed

I'm sorry

I occasionally slip back into naive middle class WASP cis male thoughts

I'm sincerely trying to be more aware

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »

I bought a set of HD BT 4.40 Sennheiser Bluetooth headphones and the head band cracked like a week and a half after I got them. Replaced them with a set of Audio Technicas (ATH-M40x) and the ATs have way better build quality.

I've been buying Sennheiser products for years, and have never really had build issues with them. Likewise my dad works with professional-side audio equipment from time to time and Sennheiser is one of his go-tos for quality.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I've had two pairs of the same model of Sennheiser headphones and they were both great except after 2 years some wiring went dodgy in the same way on both and I lost sound in one ear.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am really looking forward to getting a new pair of Bluetooth headphones. I've got my eye on a pair that has a decent battery life and has an auxilary output so you can just use them as 3.5mm headphones if you want.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I am really looking forward to getting a new pair of Bluetooth headphones. I've got my eye on a pair that has a decent battery life and has an auxilary output so you can just use them as 3.5mm headphones if you want.

The option for wireless headphones to still operate as wired ones is a really strong one, yeah

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I've been buying Sennheiser products for years, and have never really had build issues with them. Likewise my dad works with professional-side audio equipment from time to time and Sennheiser is one of his go-tos for quality.

Their cheaper products are very plasticky, but then that's just what happens with every brand when you get to the bottom of their range.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

The option for wireless headphones to still operate as wired ones is a really strong one, yeah

Yeah, I use headphones a TON on my commute and it'd be super handy if, say, I only have to bring one pair as opposed to a pair for my Switch and a pair for my phone/iPad/whatever.

Plus the thing I like about having a 3.5mm plug is that if the cable wears out then I can just get a new one, as opposed to having to buy an entirely new pair of headphones.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Their cheaper products are very plasticky, but then that's just what happens with every brand when you get to the bottom of their range.

This is true, although I paid more for the Senns than the ATs and the ATs are way nicer in terms of build quality. The Senns sounded great (the ATs do too) but they were very plasticky. The Senns were also the most reliable Bluetooth product I've used, connected every time without a hiccup.

• Options

Yeah there's definitely tiers for these products. Too many tiers, really.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I think I might get him a closed back over ear headset for his pc. maybe Bluetooth but he'll need a dongle for that. but then he can just leave music or something on his pc and lay in bed.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Hotel booked for wedding on Sunday. Guess I'll wear black dress pants and my nice button down and not bother with a jacket?

Oghulk on
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Make sure you wear something over the pants lest you cause a scene!

• Options
    I've been alternating between reading a book that makes me sad and listening to music that makes me sad for several days now.

Tonight, I went for a short jog.

I feel a little better.

Hope y'all are well.

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »

????? Idgi

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Einzel wrote: »

????? Idgi

In UK English, pants means underwear

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Now I'm just imagining a UK person being heavily flirtatious to a US person and everything going entirely over the US person's head.

• Options
    If you're gonna hang in the Love/UK thread you gotta learn one of the languages

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Is one of the languages Klingon?

• Options
    I'm not an expert in UK culture so, maybe?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    There’s hope!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

BAH NOTH QA TAR MORNINGTON CRESCENT

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Now I'm just imagining a UK person being heavily flirtatious to a US person and everything going entirely over the US person's head.

Just tell them you'd like to get your growler filled
    Xaquin wrote: »

BAH NOTH QA TAR MORNINGTON CRESCENT

annnd then say this.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    If you're gonna hang in the Love/UK thread you gotta learn one of the languages

0x80240022

• Options
    In other news I have a date sometime next week with a cute girl off Tinder that I've been talking to. She's in Seattle right now (we matched before she left) so we'll do something once she's back next week.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can I block Twitter on my own damn phone or what cause it ain't doing my psyche any favors

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can I block Twitter on my own damn phone or what cause it ain't doing my psyche any favors

Uninstall the app first and then see how much you use it. Start with the simple stuff.

• Options
    The endless scroll of twitter news/opinions/punditry has honestly taken its toll on me, and I notice I feel a lot better when I'm not constantly on there

This discussion has been closed.