Options

wrestling: prepare for a summer vacation to the darkness world G1 7/14-8/12!

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Looks like Nikki was the only NXT lady there.

Possible call up now that her thing with Shayna is done?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Looks like Nikki was the only NXT lady there.

Possible call up now that her thing with Shayna is done?

Shes been working Charlottes matches while he was off injured

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Really curious how they're going to fill a woman's only ppv. Not because of the talent, but lack of feuds and storylines and secondary belts.

Though I guess that hasn't stopped them from filling 20 hours of wrestling a week.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Really curious how they're going to fill a woman's only ppv. Not because of the talent, but lack of feuds and storylines and secondary belts.

Though I guess that hasn't stopped them from filling 20 hours of wrestling a week.

40 minute therapy segment.

The Roman stuff is bullshit. This should have been settled at Mania and instead it's been allowed to fester on for another third of a year and WWE seems to be deliberately just fucking with us at this point. They have divisions that are quite clearly capable of writing competent characters, yet they've had Roman lose multiple times, lose to Lashley at the last PPV, then still be given a chance at the belt, at which point he faced Lashley again and wins this time so he gets to fight Brock for the 4th or 5th time so that even if he wins, it makes him look incompetent because he needed so many chances to accomplish it.

Meanwhile there's like 15 superstars who are over and ready to pop and they're doing nothing with them.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    So how do I watch G1? Im in the US.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    burbo wrote: »

https://njpwworld.com/#googtrans(en)

• Options

40 minute therapy segment.

The Roman stuff is bullshit. This should have been settled at Mania and instead it's been allowed to fester on for another third of a year and WWE seems to be deliberately just fucking with us at this point. They have divisions that are quite clearly capable of writing competent characters, yet they've had Roman lose multiple times, lose to Lashley at the last PPV, then still be given a chance at the belt, at which point he faced Lashley again and wins this time so he gets to fight Brock for the 4th or 5th time so that even if he wins, it makes him look incompetent because he needed so many chances to accomplish it.

Meanwhile there's like 15 superstars who are over and ready to pop and they're doing nothing with them.

What's going to be hilarious is when either Braun or Owen cash in at Summerslam.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    For real though, Owens somehow navigating Brock, Roman and Braun to get the Universal Championship back at Summerslam makes the WWE’s timekilling job easy as hell.

Fuck now I’m gonna be angry if they don’t do it.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »

https://njpwworld.com/#googtrans(en)

But be aware it renews and charges the first of the month no matter when you sign up. So hold off until next Wednesday unless you're cool getting charged two weeks in a row.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    For real though, Owens somehow navigating Brock, Roman and Braun to get the Universal Championship back at Summerslam makes the WWE’s timekilling job easy as hell.

Fuck now I’m gonna be angry if they don’t do it.

KO beats Braun and gets the Briefcase.

KO spends the next few months bragging about having the contract.

Braun becomes #1 Contender and beats Brock for the title.

The next few months is Braun daring KO to cash in. KO waiting for Braun to be down to make a move to cash in only to run away the moment he starts moving. This continues to the MITB PPV where finally KO cashes in and pins Braun...

...Only to have Kurt Angle come out and inform KO that his contract expired an hour ago.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    The thing with Riddle is he might be the one indie wrestler working less after signing to WWE

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018

So far we have;

Raw championship match

S/D championship match

NXT championship match

Finals of the Classic

and Presumably the Tag Championship.

There is not a lot more to fill out. Maybe a mulit-person match of some sort for #1 contender and get one feud going between now and then away from the strap plus one pre show match that doesn't have to have a story and your done.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

So far we have;

Raw championship match

S/D championship match

NXT championship match

Finals of the Classic

and Presumably the Tag Championship.

There is not a lot more to fill out. Maybe a mulit-person match of some sort for #1 contender and get one feud going between now and then away from the strap plus one pre show match that doesn't have to have a story and your done.

I think HHH also mentioned the NXT UK title would be defended there.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    The thing with Riddle is he might be the one indie wrestler working less after signing to WWE

There are probably a few wrestlers who could be making more outside of WWE because there are plenty of wrestlers already making more by not being signed with WWE.

See: Almost every big star in NXT

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    It'd be cool if they did some sort of no dq gimmick match for the women's show. Like the last woman standing match Asuka and Nikki Cross had last year.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Bayley/Sasha thing has to be them introducing the tag titles

• Options
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

But neither of them should be lumbered into a tag team like Sheamus and Cesaro. They're both top title material, especially Sasha. Though I can see a lot of people getting lumbered there as Rousey is never going to not be near some kind of main title.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

But neither of them should be lumbered into a tag team like Sheamus and Cesaro. They're both top title material, especially Sasha. Though I can see a lot of people getting lumbered there as Rousey is never going to not be near some kind of main title.

don't go that far. she's got a long career ahead of her hopefully... also hopefully, she appears like she might end up deserving at leastsome of the attention she's getting

more to the point, almost any 2 women right now will be more or less lumped together. the iconics vs alexa + mickie james would work I guess but other than that... anyway my point is, being put together (when they've been more or less a team in the abstract this whole time) to be the very first champs isn't quite the same as what happened to seamus and cesaro. and s+c had a damn good run too! several championships and some fantastic matches.

I've totally lost my focus but... anyway I think a big part of the reason sasha and bayley feel all over the place right now, and this is pure speculation, but it feels like they were gonna have them fight at brooklyn (finally tie that bow since they may not be in brooklyn for summerslam next year) but now they're backing away because of the tag title and all women show. the right hand didn't know what the left hand was planning or something.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WWE barely respects women's wrestling enough to make a big show of it and respects tag team wrestling enough that it will never main event or have its own show. Compare the Undisputed Era VS Mustache Mountain match a couple of weeks ago to The B-Team against the Matt Hardy and Bray. Hell even in NXT the Dusty Rhodes Classic is part of the regular weekly show and not a network feature like the Mae Young Classic or the UK Tournament or the Cruiserweight Classic. I don't trust WWE to competently put together a women's tag division because decades of inequality aside I don't trust them to put together a tag division.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Callis talked on his podcast about doing the recent TNA PPV
    About the clean finish in the main event:

"And that's the thing, as we're talking about this, if you're in that booking room, it's easy to go down the rabbit hole of 'well, we're gonna be sending people home unhappy because the heel's up, maybe we should do a screw finish' and when Scott and I came here in January, one of the things that we both felt very strongly about is clean finishes. Clean finishes and if people don't wanna do jobs, we're happy to have a discussion. But then that's just not gonna work here. My thing last night was, and even yesterday we're talking like 'well maybe we should have the thing' and I'm like 'No. He's the best wrestler in the world. He beat the guy with his finish. It's an athletic contest. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a great match that people will be happy to see.'"

About scripted promos:

"Someone asked me like a week ago, 'well do you write promos for guys?' I'm like, 'No'. Then they're like, 'Yeah, but you're a great promo'. I'm like, 'Yeah, I can do a Don Callis promo better than anyone in this business. But if I start telling Eddie Edwards how to do a promo, he might sound a lot like Don Callis but that's not what we want!' I think it really is about the promo thing is about getting people comfortable with themselves and we're in a business where a lot of people come into this business not comfortable in their own skin. And now we're telling them, 'be this whole another character'."

It's so weird seeing competent management involved with TNA. Like I see/hear him talk about the importance of the clean finish and it's incredible because it's something I've thought about for a while, why people don't usually have these big PPV matches end with legit/non-fuck finishes and I remember that being especially bad in old TNA

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yo that Ibushi/ZSJ match was rad.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I really like Truth's jacket.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Yo that Ibushi/ZSJ match was rad.

But this Naito/Omega match is blowing it away, holy shit.
    I loved them doing each other’s gimmicks at the start. Also that counter from a One Winged Angel on the top ropes into a powerbomb by Naito was ludicrous.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

"And that's the thing, as we're talking about this, if you're in that booking room, it's easy to go down the rabbit hole of 'well, we're gonna be sending people home unhappy because the heel's up, maybe we should do a screw finish' and when Scott and I came here in January, one of the things that we both felt very strongly about is clean finishes. Clean finishes and if people don't wanna do jobs, we're happy to have a discussion. But then that's just not gonna work here. My thing last night was, and even yesterday we're talking like 'well maybe we should have the thing' and I'm like 'No. He's the best wrestler in the world. He beat the guy with his finish. It's an athletic contest. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a great match that people will be happy to see.'"

About scripted promos:

"Someone asked me like a week ago, 'well do you write promos for guys?' I'm like, 'No'. Then they're like, 'Yeah, but you're a great promo'. I'm like, 'Yeah, I can do a Don Callis promo better than anyone in this business. But if I start telling Eddie Edwards how to do a promo, he might sound a lot like Don Callis but that's not what we want!' I think it really is about the promo thing is about getting people comfortable with themselves and we're in a business where a lot of people come into this business not comfortable in their own skin. And now we're telling them, 'be this whole another character'."

It's so weird seeing competent management involved with TNA. Like I see/hear him talk about the importance of the clean finish and it's incredible because it's something I've thought about for a while, why people don't usually have these big PPV matches end with legit/non-fuck finishes and I remember that being especially bad in old TNA

I generally defend WWE but I've barely watched since the end of the iron man match because I got so mad at that finish

I fucking hate dirty finishes so much. it's why I stopped watching as a kid, although not liking the attitude era aesthetic contributed.

I'll watch my guy lose, it's fine, just haev him actually lose so I feel like I didn't just fucking waste a half hour and that you're laughing at me for giving a shit.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    BOLA tournament matches

Night 1:
    Adam Brooks-Rey Horus
    Flamita-Puma King
    David Starr-Joey Janela
    Bandido-T Hawk
    CIMA-Jody Fleisch
    Brody King-PCO

Night 2:
    Chris Brookes-Trevor Lee
    Robbie Eagles-DJ Z
    Darby Allin-Jeff Cobb
    Ilja Dragunov-Jonah Rock
    Travis Banks-Shingo Takagi
    WALTER-Timothy Thatcher

• Options
    wb The Bar

• Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    Alexander Wolfe looks like ‘Rob Liefeld’s Tintin.’

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So I'm gathering that it's been a decent episode of Smackdown again this week?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

About scripted promos:

I generally defend WWE but I've barely watched since the end of the iron man match because I got so mad at that finish

I fucking hate dirty finishes so much. it's why I stopped watching as a kid, although not liking the attitude era aesthetic contributed.

I'll watch my guy lose, it's fine, just haev him actually lose so I feel like I didn't just fucking waste a half hour and that you're laughing at me for giving a shit.

Totally agreed. A well placed fuck finish can be a valuable storytelling tool, but they should really be the exception and not the rule.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Dad Miz is the best

• Options
    The Miz continues to be amazing.

• Options
    I didn't know a baby was in the actor's guild

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I will never get tired of watching Asuka murder people.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/nrwaaFbAlNc

This week’s Being the Elite features Yujiro talking shit about Joey Janela, the Best Friends being helpful, and Flip Gordon finally getting what he wants.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Filp Gondor is good boy

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Yeah it's a real bummer. He was always a highlight in the eternal tire fire that was TNA. I was hoping we would get some more Alex Shelley in the BOTSJ. I'm glad he has a career in physical therapy to fall back on.

Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.