Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now [Cars]

1424344454648»

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Additionally, if they refuse to give you your car keys for the actual car you bought, I would think that amounts to outright auto theft. It's your car, the paperwork says you own it, and they're withholding it despite having absolutely no legal standing to do so. You should have very real legal standing to call the cops and have them force the dealership to give you the vehicle, should they choose to withhold it for any reason. You might seriously want to call your local police department and discuss it with them.

This sounds less like the dealership being skeezy and more like a car salesman who fucked up and doesn't want to own up to it, up to and including falsifying documents to cover their ass. I'm wondering how quickly the tune would change if you started calling some different people at the dealership and asked them why the person in question is asking you to falsify information on a legal form.

L Ron HowardDocschusszagdrob
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    . I'm wondering how quickly the tune would change if you started calling some different people at the dealership and asked them why the person in question is asking you to falsify information on a legal form.

This is my plan if they don't capitulate.

• L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    I don't know the full details, and I know when I've posted problems here it's hard to fully communicate the situation. However, that said, every time I have gone to a dealership I have been fucked. Bad repairs, overcharged, etc., etc. I wouldn't trust any dealership as far as I can throw them.

Bullhead
    I refused to sign anything that wasn't factually accurate and after about 15 minutes of that they just gave me the other car.

AiouamRahmaniVishNubL Ron Howardmatt has a problememp123Steel AngelAimKetarNaphtaliTNTrooperBullheadschussjmcdonaldCormaczagdrobHedgethornSiliconStewwebguy20LaOsMcFodderBouwsT
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Doc wrote: »
    I refused to sign anything that wasn't factually accurate and after about 15 minutes of that they just gave me the other car.

On top of the fact that you punked them for being assholes, this whole situation means somebody out there is now going to get a ridiculously good deal on "used" car that is just a shade less than brand-new.

Haha, if you really wanted to dick with them, see how much they were going to ask for that car now and float it out there that you were thinking of a second vehicle anyway... for the right price.

BullheadzagdrobL Ron Howardschusswebguy20LaOsBouwsT
    edited September 16
    I was thinking about that on the way home!

But I'm super tall and it's not the best car for me, though my wife loves it.

I'm still not convinced that they were trying to be assholes about it in a trying-to-hose-me sort of way (more like cutting corners and being sloppy when that's what got them here), so I don't really savor the outcome. I'm just glad I don't have to get a new title and registration.

Doc on