Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now [Cars]

1444546474850»

Posts

  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    I'm 6'nothing and fit into my Cappuccino great. Though I did order a smaller steering wheel to see if that makes it easier to get in and out.

    Number One Tricky
  • McFodderMcFodder 'SploringRegistered User regular
    I'm 6'4" and when sitting comfortably, the upper edge of the windshield was perfectly in my eyeline.

    At least in my Celica I could sit comfortably (except when I was wearing a helmet).

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / NNID: Fodder185
    Bullhead
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    "Bullhead wrote:
    I'm jealous you can fit in one. I tried to test drive one in my 20s(?) and had to put the top down just to get in it, my forehead was even with the top of the windshield :(
    Congrats on getting a unicorn though!
    There are some "tall guy" mods that can be done that allow people that are 6' and maybe even 6'1" fit in the car. I'm 5'11" and it is fine, but I might do the partial cushion removal from the driver seat to sit just a little lower. When I did that in my old NA miata I think I managed to get about 1" lower.

    6'3 and currently around 240lbs - i'm a giant for a miata :P My Golf R however is quite comfortable and very very zoomy. :)

    steam_sig-400.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I am 5’10”. Perfectly fitted to all automobiles.

    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    webguy20
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    I am 5’10”. Perfectly fitted to all automobiles.

    So jealous.....

    I'm 6 even and I don't fit in much either. Honda Civics after 2008, Corollas until this latest generation, I hardly fit in my Mustang - I slouch a lot to fit in. I don't fit in many seats either.

    Nova_C
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I am 5’10”. Perfectly fitted to all automobiles.

    So jealous.....

    I'm 6 even and I don't fit in much either. Honda Civics after 2008, Corollas until this latest generation, I hardly fit in my Mustang - I slouch a lot to fit in. I don't fit in many seats either.

    Depending on the car it makes a big difference if you are long legged, long torso or split even.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    mRahmaniBullheademp123JazzOremLK
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I am 5’10”. Perfectly fitted to all automobiles.

    So jealous.....

    I'm 6 even and I don't fit in much either. Honda Civics after 2008, Corollas until this latest generation, I hardly fit in my Mustang - I slouch a lot to fit in. I don't fit in many seats either.

    Depending on the car it makes a big difference if you are long legged, long torso or split even.

    Yeah, I'm long torso, and the Q60 is pretty borderline. I could never put the car on the track because there's no way I could have a helmet on and sit in the cockpit.

    Someone more split, or long legged would probably fit a lot more reasonably.

  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    I'm long torso, 6'3", and I fit into my old NA ('92) Miata. I was told I looked like a spider crawling out of a keyhole when I got out of it, but I was perfectly comfortable, even top up, and didn't find it awkward getting in or out. Granted I had the seat pressed as far back against the bulkhead as it would go, but I didn't need to mod the seat cushions or anything.

    My XF is plenty capable of accommodating someone significantly taller than me. I can get everything so it's a very uncomfortable stretch to reach, and can lower the seat so much I can't see safely out of it.

    The only car I remember not actually fitting in at all was a Chrysler Crossfire. And it was a fairly tight fit in a Porsche Boxster as well when I tried one out - it had less space than the Miata (I had that at the time so direct comparison was easy). But I'm pretty forgiving, I don't mind a snug car.

  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    All you gotta do is tear out the factory seat and rails and bolt a Kirkey straight to the floor - gain an instant 5-6 inches of headroom (if you just use the aluminium shell, no padding)!

    JazzCommunistCow
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    I'm long torso, 6'3", and I fit into my old NA ('92) Miata. I was told I looked like a spider crawling out of a keyhole when I got out of it, but I was perfectly comfortable, even top up, and didn't find it awkward getting in or out. Granted I had the seat pressed as far back against the bulkhead as it would go, but I didn't need to mod the seat cushions or anything.

    My XF is plenty capable of accommodating someone significantly taller than me. I can get everything so it's a very uncomfortable stretch to reach, and can lower the seat so much I can't see safely out of it.

    The only car I remember not actually fitting in at all was a Chrysler Crossfire. And it was a fairly tight fit in a Porsche Boxster as well when I tried one out - it had less space than the Miata (I had that at the time so direct comparison was easy). But I'm pretty forgiving, I don't mind a snug car.

    Weird, I tried an NB and my eyeliner was even with the top of the windshield as a 5'10 long torso

    Bullhead
  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    I've never tried an NB to see if I'd still fit. But yeah, I had that NA for two years. Had an MG F for three years more recently, too.

  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Well shit. I nailed a pothole hard that I didn't see on my way into work this morning. The suspension bottomed out uncomfortably hard and the I instantly felt a vibration through the steering. The wheel is holding air so it's not a broken wheel but possible a bent wheel. Something in the suspension could be bent if it's not the wheel. Wish me luck that it isn't anything horribly expensive.

    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Nova_CJebus314Aim
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Well shit. I nailed a pothole hard that I didn't see on my way into work this morning. The suspension bottomed out uncomfortably hard and the I instantly felt a vibration through the steering. The wheel is holding air so it's not a broken wheel but possible a bent wheel. Something in the suspension could be bent if it's not the wheel. Wish me luck that it isn't anything horribly expensive.

    It's a bent wheel. The mechanic moved it to the back axel but I'll be needing to buy a new wheel this Spring. I'll see how bad or noticeable the vibration is on the way home tonight, but I'll likely just be putting my snow wheels on sooner than I planned to. The alignment might even be off so I'll have keep an eye on how it's tracking and steering too.

    I know fixing the wheel is an option but when a new one is $225 (Enkei TM7) from Tire Rack that makes more sense to me.

    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Well shit. I nailed a pothole hard that I didn't see on my way into work this morning. The suspension bottomed out uncomfortably hard and the I instantly felt a vibration through the steering. The wheel is holding air so it's not a broken wheel but possible a bent wheel. Something in the suspension could be bent if it's not the wheel. Wish me luck that it isn't anything horribly expensive.

    Bent suspension generally would not cause a vibration, it would tend to cause problems with tracking straight down the road or turning. Damaged tire, bent rim lip, bent rim hub, bent axle/bearing hub would be the likely order of possibilities for them to check. It could even be something as simple as a balancing weight fell off the wheel.

    I've hit a large pothole at night at freeway speed before that bent the front rim and blew out the tire and dented the rear rim. It didn't do anything to the suspension parts.

    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    Cormac wrote: »
    Well shit. I nailed a pothole hard that I didn't see on my way into work this morning. The suspension bottomed out uncomfortably hard and the I instantly felt a vibration through the steering. The wheel is holding air so it's not a broken wheel but possible a bent wheel. Something in the suspension could be bent if it's not the wheel. Wish me luck that it isn't anything horribly expensive.

    It's a bent wheel. The mechanic moved it to the back axel but I'll be needing to buy a new wheel this Spring. I'll see how bad or noticeable the vibration is on the way home tonight, but I'll likely just be putting my snow wheels on sooner than I planned to. The alignment might even be off so I'll have keep an eye on how it's tracking and steering too.

    I know fixing the wheel is an option but when a new one is $225 (Enkei TM7) from Tire Rack that makes more sense to me.

    Lol get two new wheels of a different style and put them on the back axle so you can be a real drifty boi! Enkei Kojins have the right kind of look, and you can even get them plastidipped neon green and start making everyone call you "Takumi"!

    BouwsT
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Junkyards are a pretty good source for replacement wheels. Michigan roads are so bad that I cracked (not bent, straight up cracked!) one of the factory wheels on my wife's Tahoe a few years back.

    BouwsT
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Got home and swapped my summer wheels for my winters and was able to see how bad the damage was to the wheel. It's bad. Real bad. I also don't know what's all over the inside of the rim because the other three are perfectly clean aside from brake dust (they're ceramic coated and were washed yesterday). It's grease or maybe accumulated road grime that was in the pothole or drainage duct I ran over.

    RymBzIah.jpg

    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
    Jebus314
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    JFC! That's....I dunno, amazing?

    Jebus314webguy20AbsoluteZero
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    It's still holding air too which is amazing on it's own. The drive home from work was not fun. It hit a bad resonance frequency between 38-42 but smoothed out reasonable around 48-50. It was noticeable at all speeds really and I felt terrible driving in such a state.

    I took a quick drive with the winter wheels on and everything feels fine. Alignment seems good but I'll keep an eye on that and may just get one to be safe.

    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Is $500 for spark plugs (2016 forester right at 60k) crazy? It seems crazy.

  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Is $500 for spark plugs (2016 forester right at 60k) crazy? It seems crazy.

    Spark plugs suck in Subarus because of the boxer layout but that's still double what I would pay for someone to do plugs + wires.

    Are you at the dealer?

    Donovan Puppyfuckerwebguy20CommunistCow
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    If they are doing a FULL 60k mile maintenance as laid out below, then $500 is fine.
    Replace engine oil, filter and drain plug washer
    Inspect and adjust all drive belts to factory specifications
    Inspect and ensure cooling fan is operating within factory specifications
    Replace transmission fluid with Subaru High Performance Fluid, if applicable
    Check to ensure air conditioning and heating systems are operating within factory specifications
    Rotate tires, inspect tread wear and check and adjust tire pressure as needed
    Perform brake system inspection pads and/or drums, lines, hoses and fluid
    Inspect suspension system and steering components to ensure factory specifications
    Service battery, clean terminals, install anti-corrosion pads and check battery condition
    Inspect wiper blades and linkage operation
    Lubricate all door, trunk and hood latches and hinges if needed
    Inspect exhaust system and heat shields
    Replace front and rear differential fluid
    Inspect radiator and cooling system
    Replace engine coolant and test protection levels, if applicable
    Adjust emergency brake to within factory specifications as needed
    Replace air filter element
    Inspect steering operation, tie rod ends and steering rack guides per factory specifications
    Inspect all engine and transmission mounts
    Inspect and adjust all fluid levels as needed
    Check all interior and exterior lighting operation
    Replace brake fluid
    Replace spark plugs

    webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    zagdrob
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Is $500 for spark plugs (2016 forester right at 60k) crazy? It seems crazy.

    Spark plugs suck in Subarus because of the boxer layout but that's still double what I would pay for someone to do plugs + wires.

    Are you at the dealer?

    Firestone.
    webguy20 wrote: »
    If they are doing a FULL 60k mile maintenance as laid out below, then $500 is fine.
    Replace engine oil, filter and drain plug washer
    Inspect and adjust all drive belts to factory specifications
    Inspect and ensure cooling fan is operating within factory specifications
    Replace transmission fluid with Subaru High Performance Fluid, if applicable
    Check to ensure air conditioning and heating systems are operating within factory specifications
    Rotate tires, inspect tread wear and check and adjust tire pressure as needed
    Perform brake system inspection pads and/or drums, lines, hoses and fluid
    Inspect suspension system and steering components to ensure factory specifications
    Service battery, clean terminals, install anti-corrosion pads and check battery condition
    Inspect wiper blades and linkage operation
    Lubricate all door, trunk and hood latches and hinges if needed
    Inspect exhaust system and heat shields
    Replace front and rear differential fluid
    Inspect radiator and cooling system
    Replace engine coolant and test protection levels, if applicable
    Adjust emergency brake to within factory specifications as needed
    Replace air filter element
    Inspect steering operation, tie rod ends and steering rack guides per factory specifications
    Inspect all engine and transmission mounts
    Inspect and adjust all fluid levels as needed
    Check all interior and exterior lighting operation
    Replace brake fluid
    Replace spark plugs

    No, the full quote is more $ and less work than that.

    Sounds like a pass, then.

    zagdrobDonovan PuppyfuckerCormac
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    If they are doing a FULL 60k mile maintenance as laid out below, then $500 is fine.
    Replace engine oil, filter and drain plug washer
    Inspect and adjust all drive belts to factory specifications
    Inspect and ensure cooling fan is operating within factory specifications
    Replace transmission fluid with Subaru High Performance Fluid, if applicable
    Check to ensure air conditioning and heating systems are operating within factory specifications
    Rotate tires, inspect tread wear and check and adjust tire pressure as needed
    Perform brake system inspection pads and/or drums, lines, hoses and fluid
    Inspect suspension system and steering components to ensure factory specifications
    Service battery, clean terminals, install anti-corrosion pads and check battery condition
    Inspect wiper blades and linkage operation
    Lubricate all door, trunk and hood latches and hinges if needed
    Inspect exhaust system and heat shields
    Replace front and rear differential fluid
    Inspect radiator and cooling system
    Replace engine coolant and test protection levels, if applicable
    Adjust emergency brake to within factory specifications as needed
    Replace air filter element
    Inspect steering operation, tie rod ends and steering rack guides per factory specifications
    Inspect all engine and transmission mounts
    Inspect and adjust all fluid levels as needed
    Check all interior and exterior lighting operation
    Replace brake fluid
    Replace spark plugs

    Still a tad high for mostly check boxes but I would agree that's probably not ridiculous for a certified 60k checkup.

  • jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    2022 Subaru BRZ has been officially unveiled.



    (go to about 3:45 to skip all the fluff about Subaru and the previous generation car)

    My initial impression is that I like the look of it (although it's very Mazda), and with the torque peak now at 3400 RPM instead of 6500 RPM, it should be way more fun to drive.

    And now I want a little sporty something again after I pay off my truck...

  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah my bet is that after all the discussion around the torque dip in the old engine's power curve, they've focused on eliminating that entirely with camshaft and exhaust design, and engine management tuning - it should have a beautifully smooth power curve with this "new" engine.

  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    There's a BRZ down the street from where I live and it's one of the most attractive cars on the road up here. I really, really like it.

    In fact, it would have probably been my next car if there was an AWD turbo option. But I guess that would basically destroy their WRX sales, so, I can see why not.

    But no AWD is a deal breaker for where I live (The person that owns it down the street puts it away for the winter. I've got no where to store a second vehicle, so I don't have that option available to me).

  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    jmcdonaldDemonStaceyBullheadCommunistCow
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I wonder if they fixed the complete lack of side/rear visibility, I test drove one a couple years ago and changing lanes on the freeway at night was....scary.

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    So the new BRZ is about 165 hp per ton, the turbo mustang is 172HP per ton. The weight difference between the two is between 600/700lbs, that's a huge weight difference, especially when it comes to handling. And the dimensions are far off too, the BRZ is smaller in every measurement (the BRZ is the current model, which the new one is like an inch longer and and inch lower).

    current BRZ Dimensions: 167″ L x 70″ W x 52″ H

    Mustang Dimensions: 188″ L x 75″ W x 54-55″ H

    I love the Mustangs, and still want the v8 version, but they are very different cars. The BRZ is a pure sports coup, while the Mustang is a muscle car that technology has allowed to dip it's toes into the sports coup market.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    L Ron Howard
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    Yeah, I had no intention of going from 170 hp in my Impreza to 200 hp in the BRZ when I had options like what I ended up with before me (Q60S, 400 hp).

  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    mRahmani wrote: »
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    So the new BRZ is about 165 hp per ton, the turbo mustang is 172HP per ton. The weight difference between the two is between 600/700lbs, that's a huge weight difference, especially when it comes to handling. And the dimensions are far off too, the BRZ is smaller in every measurement (the BRZ is the current model, which the new one is like an inch longer and and inch lower).

    current BRZ Dimensions: 167″ L x 70″ W x 52″ H

    Mustang Dimensions: 188″ L x 75″ W x 54-55″ H

    I love the Mustangs, and still want the v8 version, but they are very different cars. The BRZ is a pure sports coup, while the Mustang is a muscle car that technology has allowed to dip it's toes into the sports coup market.

    Hmm, you’re right, the Mustang is a lot heavier than I thought. At the same time though, the hp/lb numbers don’t tell the whole story. The Mustang puts out a whopping 350 lb-ft of torque to the Subaru’s 180. That’s roughly double, and torque is what you feel when you drop the hammer on an on ramp.

    DemonStaceyBullheadCommunistCow
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    mRahmani wrote: »
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    So the new BRZ is about 165 hp per ton, the turbo mustang is 172HP per ton. The weight difference between the two is between 600/700lbs, that's a huge weight difference, especially when it comes to handling. And the dimensions are far off too, the BRZ is smaller in every measurement (the BRZ is the current model, which the new one is like an inch longer and and inch lower).

    current BRZ Dimensions: 167″ L x 70″ W x 52″ H

    Mustang Dimensions: 188″ L x 75″ W x 54-55″ H

    I love the Mustangs, and still want the v8 version, but they are very different cars. The BRZ is a pure sports coup, while the Mustang is a muscle car that technology has allowed to dip it's toes into the sports coup market.

    Hmm, you’re right, the Mustang is a lot heavier than I thought. At the same time though, the hp/lb numbers don’t tell the whole story. The Mustang puts out a whopping 350 lb-ft of torque to the Subaru’s 180. That’s roughly double, and torque is what you feel when you drop the hammer on an on ramp.

    Right, horsepower is a "synthetic" number, it's just torque x RPM / 5252. The BRZ engine runs to a higher RPM than the Ecoboost so it can get "deceptively" high HP numbers even with its lower torque if you really wrap it out. The BRZ hits its HP peak around 7000 RPM, just 500 RPM short of redline. The Ecoboost Mustang hits peak HP around 5000 RPM, 1500 RPM short of redline. But with more typical driving behavior at around 3000 RPM, the BRZ has only 80 HP whereas the Ecoboost Mustang has about 180 HP.

    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    mRahmaniBullhead
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    Subaru claims the FA24 turbo engine has the turbocharger situated right where the crossmember is in the new BRZ, thus the turbo engine is "not compatible".
    I'm just wondering how many hours, not days - hours, it will be from release to the first aftermarket turbocharged new BRZ to hit the street. You know there's going to be about 500 people picking one up from the dealer and driving it straight into a workshop...

    mRahmanijmcdonald
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    mRahmani wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    mRahmani wrote: »
    That engine is still anemic. We have an 86 as a trainer at work, and while it’s a lot of fun to wind out around a handling course, it is slow as shit in a straight line. For the same price, the 4 cylinder Camaro and Mustang offer much more power without a huge weight penalty.

    They have a turbo FA24 already! Why isn’t there an option for it?

    So the new BRZ is about 165 hp per ton, the turbo mustang is 172HP per ton. The weight difference between the two is between 600/700lbs, that's a huge weight difference, especially when it comes to handling. And the dimensions are far off too, the BRZ is smaller in every measurement (the BRZ is the current model, which the new one is like an inch longer and and inch lower).

    current BRZ Dimensions: 167″ L x 70″ W x 52″ H

    Mustang Dimensions: 188″ L x 75″ W x 54-55″ H

    I love the Mustangs, and still want the v8 version, but they are very different cars. The BRZ is a pure sports coup, while the Mustang is a muscle car that technology has allowed to dip it's toes into the sports coup market.

    Hmm, you’re right, the Mustang is a lot heavier than I thought. At the same time though, the hp/lb numbers don’t tell the whole story. The Mustang puts out a whopping 350 lb-ft of torque to the Subaru’s 180. That’s roughly double, and torque is what you feel when you drop the hammer on an on ramp.

    Right, horsepower is a "synthetic" number, it's just torque x RPM / 5252. The BRZ engine runs to a higher RPM than the Ecoboost so it can get "deceptively" high HP numbers even with its lower torque if you really wrap it out. The BRZ hits its HP peak around 7000 RPM, just 500 RPM short of redline. The Ecoboost Mustang hits peak HP around 5000 RPM, 1500 RPM short of redline. But with more typical driving behavior at around 3000 RPM, the BRZ has only 80 HP whereas the Ecoboost Mustang has about 180 HP.

    Peak torque in the new model BRZ is a couple of thousand RPM lower than in the old model. Expect a much beefier torque curve to liven the car up, goodness knows they will have been busting their arses tuning cams and exhausts to get rid of that torque dip at 4000 RPM the old model had.

    webguy20
  • zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    So I keep seeing Broncos all around and thinking damn did Ford do a good job on the Escape.

    But every time I think this thing is a Land Rover something until it gets close enough to say 'oh yeah, bronco'.

    Ford did a fantastic job on this SUV. They look so very good.

  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    So I keep seeing Broncos all around and thinking damn did Ford do a good job on the Escape.

    But every time I think this thing is a Land Rover something until it gets close enough to say 'oh yeah, bronco'.

    Ford did a fantastic job on this SUV. They look so very good.

    I want a bronco styled small truck. I LOVE they styling and tech, but I really do need that pickup bed unless I want to haul a trailer around everywhere.

    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    I have yet to see a Bronco in person, but they look cool and fun as hell in pictures and are my current "If I have the money and can justify it in 3-4 years when I'm in the market" dream car.

    Not sure I can justify actually commuting in it with that gas mileage though.

Sign In or Register to comment.