As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Are Predators not even worth it? Just die too easily?

No wai!

Las sponsons with the Predator Autocannon is pretty damn good.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Are Predators not even worth it? Just die too easily?

No wai!

Las sponsons with the Predator Autocannon is pretty damn good.

Point for point they are weaker than Russes, have no way to escape if melee gets to them, and you can get equivalent shots from a devastator squad that can hide in cover. Sadly preds are middling right now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    This just in - the Gorkamorka era Trukks are adorable:

3LmGm0M.jpg

The gentleman on the left there is King Spouis, the Boy who dreams, the Ork with aspirations to become a Warboss someday (and who may already be one in his own mind).

MvuZ4Q0.jpg

Seriously this thing is dwarfed by an Intercessor, I think it's just barely too large to fit in the bed of a modern Trukk.

Ok bear with me.

Tweak a truck so that trukk fits in the back.

Put a buggy in the back of that trukk.

Remove the gun from the buggy, and mount a rack to put a bike on it.

And then build a Stompa that the trukk stack fits inside, right?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Point for point they are weaker than Russes

Pretty sure that this is true for at least 95% of units in the game, to be fair.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Point for point they are weaker than Russes

Pretty sure that this is true for at least 95% of units in the game, to be fair.

I guess hellhounds are being used a lot in the last few big GTs which surprised me. Then they said it was FW hellhounds which I guess are 20 points cheaper or something.

In general I think the guard stuff mostly point for point is some of the best in the game, including russes.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    The FW hellhounds also have 2d6 shot flamecannons I think (trade in range). They're fast enough that you can blitz across the table with a wall of them and roast things.

Also, that GSC guy with the revolvers is awesome. I hope they do more with the... dusty-space-western-banditos vibe that guy has.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    WHEN SPACE WOLVES CODEX

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I saw a big pack of Imperial Knight cards for sale the other day that apparently have all their rules/points? Is this how they’re going to handle new stuff after codexes, with mini book releases?

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    WHEN SPACE WOLVES CODEX

In July soon

• Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    I saw a big pack of Imperial Knight cards for sale the other day that apparently have all their rules/points? Is this how they’re going to handle new stuff after codexes, with mini book releases?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Datasheets-Imperial-Knights-2018-eng

Looks like just power levels not points.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I also just bought a start collecting box for deathwatch for 50 bucks off ebay. There is a 15% off any order code right now on the front page. So I am starting some imperials.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Just grabbed a NIB limited edition Terminator Chaplain for $55, should ship tomorrow morning. I love Terminators.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Just grabbed a NIB limited edition Terminator Chaplain for $55, should ship tomorrow morning. I love Terminators.

The one with the medals on a strap hanging around it's neck [I have no idea what you call that the thing some people have for office or events or whatever}

This onep4ppwz8xsm1b.png

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    That's the one. I have the other Terminator Chaplain as well. He's an older metal one but his right arm was missing so I had to use a plastic replacement. The adult in me thinks that the limited edition guy is oversculpted trash, but my inner child thinks it looks cool as hell.

Speaking of Terminators, I should (finally) be picking up my replacement Captain Lysander tomorrow (I trimmed off all of the IF iconography from the first one I got so I could give him new arms and run him as a Terminator Captain). No one in my meta plays Imperial/Crimson fists, so I'm probably going to try and offload the new one online or trade him for another model though.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I also just bought a start collecting box for deathwatch for 50 bucks off ebay. There is a 15% off any order code right now on the front page. So I am starting some imperials.

The DW start collecting is great, it comes with an upgrade sprue, but there’s already pads for the veterans on their sprue, so it’s unneeded, which is good because you can use it to DW up something else. The DW veterans, as a newer marine kit, aren’t doing the marine squat so are significantly bigger than basic tactical marines. Think rubrics or plaguemarines. This means Primaris sit alongside veterans a lot better which is good. The vets kit itself has an insane number of moulded chapter pads, 26 in total. This means you have a mass of spares for Primaris dudes. It also comes with a named character, the only start collecting to do so.

Got a few problems though.
    Named character is cool, but not really worth fielding. He’s fun (d6 mortal wound grenade!) but way too expensive points wise.
    The dreadnought actually lets you build all the weapons for it and as they are on pegs you can swap back and forth. Sadly though it didn’t come with a missile launcher despite being able to equip one.
    The best loadout for veterans, hands down, is stormbolters. The kit has zero. To be fair they didn’t have the option when the kit was launched, but it does mean that there is only two left arms not holding a stormsheild or a power weapon in the kit. And even those are holding a magazine (which is for the stalker bolter but you can get away with it for normal ones). This means your going to have to get them from other marine kits. A good option is to use arms with chainswords, as vets can swap thier boltgun for any two options, and chainswords are free so if your taking a stormbolters you might as well.

• Options
    I picked up the deathwatch box for $70, kept the Dreadnought and used the upgrade sprue, deathwatch shoulders and a few odd bits for my primaris. Sold the character and 10 marine sprues later for $55.

I can’t believe I bought armies before start collecting boxes existed. How much got blown on that first metal chaos army, I’m glad I’ll never know.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    If you need stormbolters, I suggest Shapeways.com.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

The one with the medals on a strap hanging around it's neck [I have no idea what you call that the thing some people have for office or events or whatever}

This onep4ppwz8xsm1b.png

I'm worried that he may be insufficiently bedecked in skulls.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Could definitely just put a big ole pile of skulls on the base.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Maybe in a throne shape...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm worried that he may be insufficiently bedecked in skulls.

That guy wouldn't even qualify for a Blood Angel.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I'm putting a big stompy robot together. This kit is very well put together.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Won another small tournament yesterday. The Craftworld/Dark Eldar combo is honestly starting to feel fucking dirty to me.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I'm putting a big stompy robot together. This kit is very well put together.

If you mean a Knight Questoris, be careful with the feet; they are actually subtly different despite appearing totally identical.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    It's the original kit, not the dominus class. But I'll keep that in mind for painting as they're not glued on yet.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, that’s the Questoris Class chassis; the ankle plate bit that separates the legs and the feet is slightly thicker on one foot. The rest of the kit is pretty good about not having gotchas like that though.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Just had a closer look and I see what you mean. That's subtle. I'll have to mark the underside so I put the right feet back on the right legs.

• Options
    Won another small tournament yesterday. The Craftworld/Dark Eldar combo is honestly starting to feel fucking dirty to me.

Listening to flg from this week de/aeldari soup is the one breaking up the meta. The other is knights because people had stopped bringing knight killers like lascannons.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Listening to flg from this week de/aeldari soup is the one breaking up the meta. The other is knights because people had stopped bringing knight killers like lascannons.

I keep hearing people saying that Aeldari soup just means that the meta needs time to adapt, but I'm not sure I'm buying that; the Dark Eldar Codex has been out for months, the meta should have caught up by now.

It's just a book that has some deeply undercosted units and synergises incredibly well with Doom and Jinx.

• Options
    Nothing brought me greater joy than at my last tourney when the big nasty deldar venom spam list got taken out in the first round by a knight list in a killpoints scenario.

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Did a small team tournament yesterday, 1k points per player. Brought a Warden, Gallant, and a warglave. Got randomly teamed with a death guard player that had a couple drones, plague crawler, prince and zombies. Got 3rd, largely I think because almost everything we had was fast and wanted to get close/in CC, so that let the zombies just grab objectives largely undisturbed as the enemy bunched up in a corner. Though the guard/necron team kinda had to due to deployment areas.

Highlights were the Gallant taking fire from 3 LRBTs (one was pask) 3 basilisks and a doomsday ark and loosing a total of about 5 wounds. The Gallant using full tilt to charge two dunecrawlers and kick both to death. An enemy Castellan rolling about 50% 6s overwatch and still not killing a bloat drone. Also me forgetting the Warden has a heavy flamer for about 5 turns I could have shot it over two games. And the Warden fisting Pask to death then doing death grip on the last wraith to table the guard/necron team.

I will say about half the teams had at least one knight. Another guy had 2 questoris +armiger teamed with orks. Two teams had castellian + 2 armigers. And and there was at least a Styrix on another team too. The only game we lost was to Tau/harlequins (that game 2nd by like 1 point). But 15 melta pistols in half range going first, plus masses of S 5 shooting, can nuke a knight and a half immediately.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Ravages and Voidravens versus Knights and Armigars is cinematic AF.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options

I keep hearing people saying that Aeldari soup just means that the meta needs time to adapt, but I'm not sure I'm buying that; the Dark Eldar Codex has been out for months, the meta should have caught up by now.

It's just a book that has some deeply undercosted units and synergises incredibly well with Doom and Jinx.

The answer are knights I think. They counter a lot of what Eldar bring. But will be eaten by lance weapons.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Finally cleaning these Necrons with the new brushes I bought to clean them. They are coming clean but it is taking like 20 minutes to clean 1 model.

The Night Scythe I primed with the chaos black primer isn't coming clean at all. Just gonna try and scrap the parts that are thicker and prime over silver.

Once I clean them off, wash them off with water to get residual simple green off, and glue the broken ones back together I'll start looking into basing and modify the ones with broken legs.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Played Necons today. Same player as last weeks shellacking I took by DE. His Necrons are his fun new project and not built to be a competitive army and I new before hand so I took fun things I haven't taken in a while like my maulerfiend and my landraider. I mean who takes landraiders anymore? We played Maelstrom for fun as we like the randomness. We have done open play a few times a well.

He went first, killed a cultist and a noise marine unit. I did some damage to an immortal unit and none of my big toys took damage. Even got a first turn maulerfiend charge off with warptime against his stalker and immortals. He had 3 left, I figured 6 tentacles rerolling failed hits and wounds could kill 3 immortals. I mean that was a lot of 2 damage -2 shots. One lived as he made 4 out of 6 saves. Which thinking about it is right but splitting the attacks was required. For being a nerd whose job is math sometimes I don't math well in the heat of the moment.

He got all by 1 back with blowing all his rez stuff. Those immortals took another full round of shooting to kill and some luck.

I won due to a good set of cards at the end. But also in a weird way attrition and a damn good overwatch roll where I finished hit C'Tan shard before it could hit man landraider. Two of the 4 lascannons hit, wounded and both did a crazy amount of damage. At the end he had half a destroyer unit, a triarch I was ignoring, and some lords/crypteks verse a rather undamaged LR, 2 noise marine squads, and a chunk of cultist running around.

It was a close but good game. Playing necrons though is like playing undead in AoS, one good save can burn you badly if you don't finish off a unit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Just got back from my train trip across Canada / Cruise to Alaska from Seattle combo-wombo trip. Only reason it's relevant to this thread is that I and a buddy had leftover Canada Bux and "needed" to burn them before going back to the States.

One of the cruise stops was Victoria, British Columbia, which Google told me had a Games Workshop store. Turns out it's the second oldest GW in North America (or the manager was a liar) and quite friendly.

As we "needed" to spend our Canada Bux, I picked up 10 more Immortals and an Open War deck pack and buddy picked up two Armigers. As an aside, places having sales tax (and a 10% one at that) is always a rude fucking shock for us Delawareans.

It was a neat little store, though, and Victoria itself seems like a pretty cool place to live.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Uh oh, turns out I have 96 Necron Warriors and not 68. I've only managed to scrub 10 Destroyers and 30 Warriors in simple green so far.

I should have bought a new army.

Edit: I think I'm gonna clean up the 60 that I put into the simple green (thought it was 40), clean off the simple green, glue what I can back together of the broken ones (more than I thought), and leave the other 36 sitting for now.

The scarab swarms are their own problem. They break off their little sticks so easy.

I am also still unsure if I really want to do silver primer with a wash and then paint armor pieces the colors I want or primer them black. Silver feels like it would be a lot easier and would look good but I also like the idea of doing it in black.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    He has arrived
    wXqgqbq.jpg

I'm so excited

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    He has arrived
    wXqgqbq.jpg

I'm so excited

I just finished my blood angels terminator librarian. Wait i should post it...

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Terminator bros! I know they're not meta or great right now but I don't care I love them too.

Old Terminator librarian (Circa 1993) versus new blood angels specific terminator librarian (Circa 2014). I need to drill the barrels on the new guy but otherwise he's done. Went for a glowing green eye look on him, didn't come out perfect but oh well.

m16E1uDh.jpg

I will say the old one is metal and thus I had to seal it, giving it that matte look which I'm not a fan of but it beats paint chipping off.

Album of some pictures.

TheGerbil on