Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WH40K] Previews galore!

15253555758101

Posts

  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    $290 for the game is rough, but I can see people who really want their giant robot battles coughing up that sort of dough. What I don't see is them paying $110 for a warlord model that only has one weapons loadout. Right now there's no really appealing options available for expanding out from the core game.

    And for a game named Titanicus, only two of the models are actually titans, which is kind of bullshit.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 13
    The one advantage of the scale increase I can see is that it's pretty much Z-scale (1:220) now, which puts a 1,8m tall person pretty much at 8mm.

    So if you already have a z-scale model train set you can just plonk down the titans on it.

    edit: Now I kinda want to see a bunch of Titans stomping through the trees and fields of your typical train set, The Warlords looking over the tree tops while te knights dodge throug the woods.

    honovere on
    Khraul
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    The gamer in me wants nothing more than to play 40k on a really well done train set table, with all the elaborate buildings and terrain.

    The modeler in me wouldn’t let a clumsy terrain-smashing wargamer anywhere near my precious train set.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    WatcherKhrauldesc
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I have two images in my mind. One is a model train setup done 40k grimdark style, with ruins and burned trees and all that. The other is titans battling over a normal model train table with the cute forests and the happy houses and all that.
    Both are entertaining to me.

    honovereRiusKhraul
  • NorgothNorgoth Registered User regular
    It’s not 40k, but Forge World does a Chaos deamon train for Chaos dwarves.

  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Played a 2v2 game today to help some club mates practice for Trios at NoVA. My team was my chaos and the guy who I was going to help GT practice's DE. DE be broke folks. :rotate:

    What're the rules for what can be paired and how warlords / relics work? Reason I ask is for shits and giggles we did a game where one of the teams was Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar.

    We're never doing that again without some house rules. Vect stratagem all game.

    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Played a 2v2 game today to help some club mates practice for Trios at NoVA. My team was my chaos and the guy who I was going to help GT practice's DE. DE be broke folks. :rotate:

    What're the rules for what can be paired and how warlords / relics work? Reason I ask is for shits and giggles we did a game where one of the teams was Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar.

    We're never doing that again without some house rules. Vect stratagem all game.

    We used the nova open rules.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JY4OnHgcbKc5tqn2KmPezla0vWa2c1w/view?usp=drivesdk

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    If that box is like Forgebane and all the other similar ones, the models will be full sprue kits packed together, not simple/push-fit combined sprues. Which in turn means they have a full-up aberrant kit ready for someone to create box-art for. So, signs are good.

    If that's the case and it's that style of box, that's a day 1 purchase for me.

    I think the only thing I don't need out of it would be the SW character. As long as the primaris are plain old primaris then I can use everything in that box to expand my SM, add on GSC to my existing tyranids AND have aberrants for my KT squad.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited August 13
    Khraul wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    If that box is like Forgebane and all the other similar ones, the models will be full sprue kits packed together, not simple/push-fit combined sprues. Which in turn means they have a full-up aberrant kit ready for someone to create box-art for. So, signs are good.

    If that's the case and it's that style of box, that's a day 1 purchase for me.

    I think the only thing I don't need out of it would be the SW character. As long as the primaris are plain old primaris then I can use everything in that box to expand my SM, add on GSC to my existing tyranids AND have aberrants for my KT squad.

    The article they posted talking about the GSC vs Space Wolves box says you can run the Primaris as Space Wolves or whatever chapter you want.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Khraul
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I really want to use the tiny knights as stand ins for Terminators. They look to be the right size.

    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Khraul
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    GW put out the GSC rules for Necromunda for free today.

    Now GSC can be used in 40k, KT and Necromunda. And they are in the last two big box releases. GW really wants folks to use GSC.

    Khraul
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    theoritical situation:
    Zealot Sicarian Infiltrator Princeps with Taser goad charges within 6" inches of an Enhanced Data tether and uses both the lvl 1 Zealot tactic and Conquerer Doctrina Imperative.

    result:
    an average 11 strength 7 hits. Still 8 hits without the Data Tether while being much easier t pull of. Costs 3 command points though.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    So, how hard is it to learn to paint figures? Any good advice for how to practice before committing to painting an army?

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 13
    So, how hard is it to learn to paint figures? Any good advice for how to practice before committing to painting an army?

    Get a few models that you like and are not too intricate - For example Space Marines and not Adeptus Mechanicus - a few paints, depending on your budget for example a base colour, a metal colour, black, white, a dark shade, and a contrasting colour for the base colour for some details, a brush (not too small) and just start painting. GW's painting channel is pretty good for starting out explaining the basic techniques.

    honovere on
    InquisitorKhraulBrainleech
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 13
    If you have a GW or a FLGS they may have beginner paint stuff for you to do.

    But really the only way to get better is to do, so practicing on some models before your real army is a great plan.

    General advice is thin your paints. A lot of things should take two thin coats to get good coverage, at least. Most common beginner mistake is globbing on thick paint and clogging detail.

    Inquisitor on
    Khraul
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    So, how hard is it to learn to paint figures? Any good advice for how to practice before committing to painting an army?

    Give some of the warhammer TV stuff a watch on youtube. They have a lot of good tips on getting good results from some pretty straightforward techniques.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Inquisitor
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    If you have a GW or a FLGS they may have beginner paint stuff for you to do.

    But really the only way to get better is to do, so practicing on some models before your real army is a great plan.

    General advice is thin your paints. A lot of things should take two thin coats to get good coverage, at least. Most common beginner mistake is globbing on thick paint and clogging detail.

    GW is pretty good on beginner painting assistance, assuming the store has space. I used to roll in there when I was starting to paint up minis for D&D (heavily converted ones from back in the days that you could order bitz from the factory). Plenty of YouTube channels on this sort of stuff too.

    For practice models, I'd suggest not using GW stuff. Even the easy to build stuff tends to be pricey. Reaper Bones models are pretty damn cheap, bit rubbery though.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I feel like I am slowly talking myself into AT.

    Going to buy the rules to have them and maybe a pack of chibi knights. Going to hold off on any titans. I don’t want the big Titan anyway. I’m a light mech boy. There is a formation that is 1 reaver and 2-4 warhounds. That plus knights sounds like my speed.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Hmmm, is GW teasing a GorkaMorka remake in today's article?

    https://warhammer-community.com/2018/08/13/13th-aug-lore-tooth-and-clawgw-homepage-post-2/
    The events which take place in Tooth and Claw continue the story that began in Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, and reveal the full extent of the threat faced by the world of Vigilus, while hinting at future events that may yet come to pass…
    the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Definitely sounds like it to me!

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Started gluing up my Deathwatch folks yesterday at my friend's place, borrowed some of his tools to finish the rest on my own. Started with my Leader;

    masngrhu8bex.jpg
    bpubtf6jmfc1.jpg

    He's got a combi-melta and a xenophase blade. I started working on my frag cannon guy but didn't take pictures yet. Once they're all assembled he will base coat them with his airbrush.

    InquisitorKhraul
  • MazzyxMazzyx I can dig it. Registered User regular
    I love DW models. I am beyond excited to paint mine. I did one of the Vanguard Vets as a test model and he looks amazing and it was just a table ready paint.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    GW put out the GSC rules for Necromunda for free today.

    Now GSC can be used in 40k, KT and Necromunda. And they are in the last two big box releases. GW really wants folks to use GSC.

    So that's five games I've been thinking about using them in now. Above, plus Rogue Stars, Scrappers and This Is Not A Test. Okay, six games.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    Inquisitor
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I have two images in my mind. One is a model train setup done 40k grimdark style, with ruins and burned trees and all that. The other is titans battling over a normal model train table with the cute forests and the happy houses and all that.
    Both are entertaining to me.

    99ac97d261eb1fd4de52a40077c7fe88_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1533493159&auto=format&q=92&s=e44e7719274d073903e8595da3d9e2c4
    Heresy Lab do one - it was originally for 28mm but is far too small, about twice the height of a marine and about 40mm wide.

    But in 8mm scale, now we're talking...

    Gvzbgul
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Is there instructions or such how to put together the forgeworld Contemptor Dreadnought as I don't get why you get 4 feet and other things

  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Is there instructions or such how to put together the forgeworld Contemptor Dreadnought as I don't get why you get 4 feet and other things

    I hate reddit with a passion, but r/warhammerinstructions has come in handy for me more than once.
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    GW put out the GSC rules for Necromunda for free today.

    Now GSC can be used in 40k, KT and Necromunda. And they are in the last two big box releases. GW really wants folks to use GSC.

    They also got rules for use in Space Hulk back in the March (?) issue of White Dwarf.

    73CQcJZ.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Hmmm, is GW teasing a GorkaMorka remake in today's article?

    https://warhammer-community.com/2018/08/13/13th-aug-lore-tooth-and-clawgw-homepage-post-2/
    The events which take place in Tooth and Claw continue the story that began in Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, and reveal the full extent of the threat faced by the world of Vigilus, while hinting at future events that may yet come to pass…
    the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls.

    @Rankenphile

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Hmmm, is GW teasing a GorkaMorka remake in today's article?

    https://warhammer-community.com/2018/08/13/13th-aug-lore-tooth-and-clawgw-homepage-post-2/
    The events which take place in Tooth and Claw continue the story that began in Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, and reveal the full extent of the threat faced by the world of Vigilus, while hinting at future events that may yet come to pass…
    the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls.

    @Rankenphile

    WHAT THE FUCK

    OH FUCK YES I AM SELLING MY HOUSE

  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Shambler FuckerRegistered User regular
    I wonder if that has anything to do with that SPEED FREEKS box leak that has been floating around.

    73CQcJZ.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I wonder if that has anything to do with that SPEED FREEKS box leak that has been floating around.

    What?

  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited August 14
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I wonder if that has anything to do with that SPEED FREEKS box leak that has been floating around.

    What?
    y1iijy4p3xf11.jpg
    dbdbud1e7xf11.jpg

    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The yellow one in the back is a full on racer with giant spoiler!

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I wonder if that has anything to do with that SPEED FREEKS box leak that has been floating around.

    What?
    y1iijy4p3xf11.jpg
    dbdbud1e7xf11.jpg

    Well of the few games I did play of Gorka Morka they did up the speed to 36" from whatever it was
    It turned the game into mayhem quickly

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Hmmm, is GW teasing a GorkaMorka remake in today's article?

    https://warhammer-community.com/2018/08/13/13th-aug-lore-tooth-and-clawgw-homepage-post-2/
    The events which take place in Tooth and Claw continue the story that began in Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, and reveal the full extent of the threat faced by the world of Vigilus, while hinting at future events that may yet come to pass…
    the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls.

    @Rankenphile

    WHAT THE FUCK

    OH FUCK YES I AM SELLING MY HOUSE

    Wait, if you sell your house, where will you put your Orks/racetrakk?

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Fuck off has it been 21 years since Gorkamorka's original release :bigfrown:

  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Orktober. Perfect.

    pod_banner.jpg
    Ianator
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Fuck off has it been 21 years since Gorkamorka's original release :bigfrown:
    I was in high school at the time so… probably.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    OH MY GOODNESS!

    THE EXCITEMENT CAN'T BE CONTAINED!

    That buggy looks so good

    I had told myself I'd only run two armies this year and it seems I had told myself LIES

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
Sign In or Register to comment.