As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    GW stop it is too much Gorka Morka and Kill Team and Titanicus I NEED TIME (and money).

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well Kill team is high on my list just my summer was really shitty with real life and work so I am kind of flush with cash
    Just I am being cheap as I will pay 130 for it if I have no other option

Still speed freaks raises my interest in the Ork codex even more
    The video about the space wolf models on the community page answers really nothing why do the primaris have melee weapons?

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Oh god that buggy is so nice.

It’s a pity buggies are garbage. But it’s cool.

It’s also good news for me, becuse I might be getting around 90 2ed boyz....

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Buggies might be getting some love in the next dex with the hot kits coming in speed freaks.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I think KT has finally given me the opportunity to get out of the 40k scene. I can drastically cut back on my collection to a few choice squads, and sell/give away everything else I don't need anymore.

I've always thought that the scale of 40k didn't make sense in my mind, and so I never played anything above 1k. KT is just the final nail, but with it being such a hit I don't feel like I'm losing out on a lot now.

It feels pretty good y'all.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Hmmm, is GW teasing a GorkaMorka remake in today's article?

https://warhammer-community.com/2018/08/13/13th-aug-lore-tooth-and-clawgw-homepage-post-2/
    The events which take place in Tooth and Claw continue the story that began in Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team, and reveal the full extent of the threat faced by the world of Vigilus, while hinting at future events that may yet come to pass…
    the greenskins were unable to assail the hive sprawls beyond, so took to seeking entertainment elsewhere by engaging in violent races across the sweeping open plains that separate the vast hive sprawls.

@Rankenphile

WHAT THE FUCK

OH FUCK YES I AM SELLING MY HOUSE

Wait, if you sell your house, where will you put your Orks/racetrakk?

you too good for a ditch?

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, can I put a combi-melta on a Grey Knight Librarian? Battlescribe says I can, but should I trust it?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Hey, can I put a combi-melta on a Grey Knight Librarian? Battlescribe says I can, but should I trust it?

Check your codex.

Librarians can take a weapon from the combi-list replacing his storm bolter.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Svenska wrote: »
    I think KT has finally given me the opportunity to get out of the 40k scene. I can drastically cut back on my collection to a few choice squads, and sell/give away everything else I don't need anymore.

I've always thought that the scale of 40k didn't make sense in my mind, and so I never played anything above 1k. KT is just the final nail, but with it being such a hit I don't feel like I'm losing out on a lot now.

It feels pretty good y'all.

You're putting thoughts in my head. Might be a good time to sort through all the accumulated plastic and metal.

edit: That buggy is so nice. I want to build an Escher Racing team.

honovere on
    So local tournament is coming up, I was planning on playing mixed imperials, but life means I haven’t been able to buy/paint the stuff I need.

So I’m stuck playing chaos and honestly I’m really bored of playing my competitive chaos lists at the moment (though I have some plans for lists but they need a bunch of work). So instead I’m going to play all the stuff that I think is cool, and screw trying to win. Our local club is going to be running a pool to see how well I do with it.

Battalion
    Lord of Contagion with Plaguereaper
    Malignant Plague caster

7 Plague Marines, 3 plasma guns, powerfist
    7 Plague Marines, 2 blight launchers powerfist
    7 Plague Marines, Powerfist

7 Possessed
    Tallyman
    Rhino

Heavy support detachment
    Chaos lord with Balesword
    Predator with Las sponsons and Turret
    PBC with entropy cannons
    PBC with entropy cannons

Superheavy Auxilary
    Mortatrion

Comes to 1999

Plague marines! Entropy cannons! I have some 3rd party legs and torsos for DG I got in the LGT goody bag so I ordered the parts to make proper Death Guard possessed. Time to ride this terrible train.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Maybe your opponents will simply choke to death on all that fluff? :bzz:

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Khraul wrote: »

Honestly it will be nice to only need one codex.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

No bloat drones, though! They were even in the Dark Imperium novel1!11!!!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Yeah... you probably need some of those.

And more poxwalkers

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    My stompy robot heart is envious of all this dreadnought love they're getting. +1 to hit on charges, new multi-hit attacks on frost axes (that's new, right?), and wulfen dreads (whatever special rules they end up getting)

website_header.jpg
    Why am I at work where I can't read this stuff :bigfrown:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I have a big fang-toothed grin right now. :twisted:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think this may be my favorite line from that preview.
    There’s also a host of Space Marines units who never previously made their way into Space Wolves codexes who we thought deserved a place in the new book. If you like Wolf Scouts, you’ll find the Land Speeder Storm great for delivering them to the heart of battle invaluable, or you can choose to mount them on bikes to flank your prey. Meanwhile, the Stormhawk Interceptor is ideal for clearing the skies for your Stormwolf Gunships – if your newly Space Wolf-ified Hunters and Stalkers don’t do the job first.

<<Pictures of assorted Ultramarine vehicles>>
    Imagine this but a different shade of blue and screaming about wolves instead of the Codex Astartes.

Though, that bit about Wulfen Dreadnoughts is pretty good as well.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be picking up one or two ork buggies and trakks before they go out of print, this way I can mix them with the new stuff once it's released. My ork motor pool right now consists of exactly three trukks, but they are all vastly different (one is the old go-kart sized gorkamorka trukk, the other two are the new model but heavily customized) because I think the idea of a bunch of vehicles that are all welded together by orks out of random scrap they find all looking 100% identical is kind of silly.

I'm tempted to get the ancient blastabike, but sweet gork this thing looks like hot garbage:

fu6x3Vf.jpg

see317 wrote: »
    I think this may be my favorite line from that preview.
    There’s also a host of Space Marines units who never previously made their way into Space Wolves codexes who we thought deserved a place in the new book. If you like Wolf Scouts, you’ll find the Land Speeder Storm great for delivering them to the heart of battle invaluable, or you can choose to mount them on bikes to flank your prey. Meanwhile, the Stormhawk Interceptor is ideal for clearing the skies for your Stormwolf Gunships – if your newly Space Wolf-ified Hunters and Stalkers don’t do the job first.

<<Pictures of assorted Ultramarine vehicles>>
    Imagine this but a different shade of blue and screaming about wolves instead of the Codex Astartes.

Though, that bit about Wulfen Dreadnoughts is pretty good as well.

This is probably the part I'm most excited about but also terrified about. They are adding models I always wanted to use with my Space Wolves but couldn't and now I can and who knows what else. I'm gonna be focusing on my Space Wolves over Necrons for a while but I don't even know what I could use for Necrons except some more Destroyers.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be picking up one or two ork buggies and trakks before they go out of print, this way I can mix them with the new stuff once it's released. My ork motor pool right now consists of exactly three trukks, but they are all vastly different (one is the old go-kart sized gorkamorka trukk, the other two are the new model but heavily customized) because I think the idea of a bunch of vehicles that are all welded together by orks out of random scrap they find all looking 100% identical is kind of silly.

I'm tempted to get the ancient blastabike, but sweet gork this thing looks like hot garbage:

fu6x3Vf.jpg

Just replace the head and have a couple grots hanging off the pole (or get the bit of the grot tied to the pole). It will be fine!

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

fu6x3Vf.jpg

Just replace the head and have a couple grots hanging off the pole (or get the bit of the grot tied to the pole). It will be fine!

You can hack them into decent motorcycles with the addition of just one wheel.
    [IUFKZJz.jpg

Well, works for old school necromunda biker goliaths 20 years ago.

And now I kinda want an old buggy to go with my gorkamorka vehicles.

akirasig.jpg
    So I was rather underwhelmed with the Wolf preview. Getting +1 to hit close combat is okay. It is like a weaker version of the Blood Angels. The intervention is cool though and very fluffy.

The new/old but new for wolves datasheets are cool. Wolfen dreads can be really cool. If anything their heavy close combat weapons would be better than anyone else as you negate the negative on them.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited August 2018
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So I was rather underwhelmed with the Wolf preview. Getting +1 to hit close combat is okay. It is like a weaker version of the Blood Angels. The intervention is cool though and very fluffy.

The new/old but new for wolves datasheets are cool. Wolfen dreads can be really cool. If anything their heavy close combat weapons would be better than anyone else as you negate the negative on them.

The wolf trait is incredibly powerful, not for the +1, but specifically for the intervention. The more games I play the more heroic intervention seems incredibly powerful.

Obviously you have put a fighty dude into combat, but there’s a whole host of tricks you can pull and at 6” it’s insane.

The easiest trick is to have characters stationed by vehicles that are screened. Often people will charge the screen and try and pile into the vehicles. Intervening can make this impossible.

A similar trick can be used to prevent it being possible to “base” a unit and pin them.

The number of people who think that intervention required them to have done a charge is crazy. It dosn’t. It happens at the end of the charge phase, that phase still happens even if there is no changes. I have straight up Just walked back into combat with units who have fallen back.

The real neat trick with SW is that because of the 6”, if you measure threat properly you can arrange it so your character is behind a screen. The front of the screen is within 6”. Done properly you can have your opponents Melee unit charge the screen and because 6” is a long long way the vast majority of charges will be over 12” on the character and therefore cannont declare him as a target. This means he can just walk into combat and be completly immune.

Edit: Captains with jumppacks and hammers are going to be everywhere in SW lists. There going to charge you from behind terrain to prevent overwatch and if you don’t kill them there going to bounce around in your turn killing your stuff.

Norgoth on
    Norgoth wrote: »

The wolf trait is incredibly powerful, not for the +1, but specifically for the intervention. The more games I play the more heroic intervention seems incredibly powerful.

Obviously you have put a fighty dude into combat, but there’s a whole host of tricks you can pull and at 6” it’s insane.

The easiest trick is to have characters stationed by vehicles that are screened. Often people will charge the screen and try and pile into the vehicles. Intervening can make this impossible.

A similar trick can be used to prevent it being possible to “base” a unit and pin them.

The number of people who think that intervention required them to have done a charge is crazy. It dosn’t. It happens at the end of the charge phase, that phase still happens even if there is no changes. I have straight up Just walked back into combat with units who have fallen back.

The real neat trick with SW is that because of the 6”, if you measure threat properly you can arrange it so your character is behind a screen. The front of the screen is within 6”. Done properly you can have your opponents Melee unit charge the screen and because 6” is a long long way the vast majority of charges will be over 12” on the character and therefore cannont declare him as a target. This means he can just walk into combat and be completly immune.

Edit: Captains with jumppacks and hammers are going to be everywhere in SW lists. There going to charge you from behind terrain to prevent overwatch and if you don’t kill them there going to bounce around in your turn killing your stuff.

I said that was cool. It is very wolf fluff as well. Lots of heroes walking around. I think for the overall army +1 to hit is way less useful than +1 to wound I think.

u7stthr17eud.png

I said that was cool. It is very wolf fluff as well. Lots of heroes walking around. I think for the overall army +1 to hit is way less useful than +1 to wound I think.

The answer with that is the nebulous “it depends”. Against your average guardsmen it’s effectively no difference combat maths wise. It’s much better on characters with thunder hammers or powerfists, but is worse if your Melee dudes are trying to bring down a knight or something. It’s probably a wash overall.

In other news don’t read Facebook comments on Warhammer community posts. I saw one guy complaining about Wulfen dreads stating that they were “strictly worse” than regular dreads because they had one less ballistic skill, despite not having any guns.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I still remember the time I played against a Space Wolves army back in 7th and the guy dropped a Drop Pod right in my back line. Out walks Murderfang and he proceeds to tear my army a new asshole.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys, as a dude who plays his homebrew chapter as an Iron Hands successor I'm pretty butthurt about the fact that Space Pups and Blood Angels both get significantly more options for Dreadnoughts than I do. The dudes who are all about man/machine get precisely jack in terms of special Dreadnought models, and the guys who are all about being space vikings and the guys who are supposed to be vampires both somehow have three each (soon to be four for Space Wolves).

I don't know if GW is still punishing Iron Hands players for destroying the meta in 7th ed with rampant Smashfucker shenanigans, or if they have just forgotten that they exist.

edited August 2018
    The Space Wolves wolf head helmet is pricey. $9 after S&H for two heads.

Edit: Saw a post about making a Wulfen Dreadnought conversion using Skaven Stormfiends and it sounds kind of cool.

Stragint on

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Edit: Saw a post about making a Wulfen Dreadnought conversion using Skaven Stormfiends and it sounds kind of cool.

You mean like replacing the arms or legs with giant hairy ones? On a dreadnought? How does the tiny scrap of meat in the sarcophagus going insane trigger spontaneous mutations of the metal chasssis again? What, are we Chaos wolves now?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.

You mean like replacing the arms or legs with giant hairy ones? On a dreadnought? How does the tiny scrap of meat in the sarcophagus going insane trigger spontaneous mutations of the metal chasssis again? What, are we Chaos wolves now?

That was basically the argument they were having in the Space Wolves facebook page I saw the post on.

• see317see317 Registered User regular

The helmets with the wild hair sticking out might work for a wulfen dread. Wouldn't be the first dread to have a head that's exposed as opposed to being held inside the armor shell.

So Space Wolves pre orders should be going up on Saturday, right? I want that collectors codex.

The helmets with the wild hair sticking out might work for a wulfen dread. Wouldn't be the first dread to have a head that's exposed as opposed to being held inside the armor shell.

Murderfang is the reason the data sheets exist. Seeing as that’s a murderfang/Bjorne/venerable dread kit, the data sheet is literally murderfang (who is a wulven) with the other arms in the box. It’s a way of squeezing four models from a three model kit.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    dreadnoughts with exposed heads look so stupid

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Murderfang is the reason the data sheets exist. Seeing as that’s a murderfang/Bjorne/venerable dread kit, the data sheet is literally murderfang (who is a wulven) with the other arms in the box. It’s a way of squeezing four models from a three model kit.

That is what my brother fears is Murderfang is THE wulven dreadnaught

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I'm finally putting glue to plastic and I am not a fan of attaching guns to arms and then pairing the arms to the torso for the tactical marines. It's three pieces of plastic sort of holding together with not quite cured glue and I'm wiggling everything around to get it to look good. It feels more like luck that I've managed to have them coming out looking OK so far. Suggestions?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I've always glued the gun hand to the gun arm, then glued the gun hand/arm to the torso before gluing the supporting arm. It can take a bit of practice and allot of luck, but it's mostly worked out fine. And don't worry too much about it looks before you glue the pauldrons on since they cover quite a bit.

What is a good way to convert the assault bolter Interceptors from the Dark Imperium box to plasma exterminators? I checked ebay but I couldn't find any plasma exterminators being sold.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    The pauldrons are a lifesaver.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!