As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Nah Cawl made them to mechanicus standards, which meant the meat interface was disposable. I think the book mentioned that it just takes a long time.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Primaris is just imperial fake Latin for “super special”. Any marine can go into a Primaris Redemptor. Primaris rhinos and Primaris psykers are other examples of Primaris stuff that isn’t an actual Primaris marine.

Edit: And yeah it’s mentioned several times that Primaris redemptors burn up the pilots like leviathans, presumably they are based on similar tech. I like to imagine all the deathwatch ones are blacksheilds.

Maybe BA should get a Death Company one..

Norgoth on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Fuck, the Baal Predator tank does not have any lascannon weapons. This is a pain in the ass.

I don't know what to do with this. Not sure if the LGS will let me refund it for cash or store credit since it is now opened and I really don't want to buy the lascannons off of ebay.

Edit: The owner said I can exchange it for a predator tank next week when they get their order in. Such an awesome LGS.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I imagine if Redemptors are burning the pilots out, you're foing to prefer to interr the hardier breed of Marine (Primaris).

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I can't imagine that space marines are exactly lacking in disabled veterans who would like little more than to go out in a blaze of dreadnought armored glory.

And, of course, the bigger the dreadnought, the bigger the glory.

Edit: so long as the dreadnought comes back more or less intact.

see317 on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Fuck, the Baal Predator tank does not have any lascannon weapons. This is a pain in the ass.

I know this doesn't help you now, but for future reference the GW website has images of all the sprues that come in each plastic kit. So you can check exactly what is in each box there before buying it.

• Options
    Sharp101 wrote: »

I know this doesn't help you now, but for future reference the GW website has images of all the sprues that come in each plastic kit. So you can check exactly what is in each box there before buying it.

I do try to do that but it is very inconsistent. The Baal shows the sprue but the regular predator and chaos predator do not show them so I couldn't compare them. I also mistook the flame weapon that goes on top as a lascannon.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Not to laugh at your misfortune but that's funny

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Played two 50 points introduction games with someone totally new to 40k and Killteam Rules. Was fun. I used 5 Scions including plasma pistol and plasma gun. He had a Reiver and two Intercessors. I really like how primaris marines feel in this game. The second wound, the bolt rifles, and their special rules make them feel very tough and elite even with just their basic equipment.

The newish gamestore also has enough terrain and this was the first time I played around with some of the sector mechanicus kits. Those are a lot of fun. I didn't know that all the add-ons like ladders and such just plug in without gluing.

rjwa3g25bo52.jpeg
    And a picture from last week. They have enough zone mortalis for a standard 40k table.
    bcvxu064ldsq.jpg

• Options
    Is it worth magnetizing the Predator tank to be a Whirlwind as well or just stick to the Predator?

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    All my Rhinos are fully magnetized. Two of them even have the top roof magnetized so they can be switched to Vindicators.
    If I'm to spend all this time painting the mofos, they better allow me full freedom.

Also I have hinges on the side doors so they close and open...

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Hinges on the side doors and painted interiors is the only way to roll IMO!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I do try to do that but it is very inconsistent. The Baal shows the sprue but the regular predator and chaos predator do not show them so I couldn't compare them. I also mistook the flame weapon that goes on top as a lascannon.

I'll have to check this evening, but I might have the barrels to a predator dual lascannon somewhere if you decide not to take the baal predator back to your flgs.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Started the magnetizing process on one of the two Space Marines Predators I bought along with the Baal.

It looks ugly.

6oy9brM.jpg
    oONam6D.jpg

Edit: Update on the model. Haven't glued the twin lascannon in. Got the side sponsons magnetized really well. I feel very happy with the results. I am less happy with the guns themselves. I messed up the magnets inside the lascannons so they go to the other side instead of the indeded side but really it doesn't matter, it is a basically unnoticable detail. I am not really happy with how they came out though. They hold well but something about it just kind of bothers me. I also had to widen the hole at the top of each gun so the magnet encased in green stuff could fit and get to the magnet inside the gun.
    2uQOQsA.jpg
    S9sQreY.jpg

I'll have to check this evening, but I might have the barrels to a predator dual lascannon somewhere if you decide not to take the baal predator back to your flgs.

That would be cool and I could save a bit of hassle for my LGS by not needing to resell an opened Baal with everything still on sprue.

Thank you for letting me know and keep me updated.

Stragint on

• Options
    Magnetized the assault cannon, typhoon missile launchers, and doors on my land speeder. Gonna magnetize the melta gun and heavy bolter when my order of magnets gets here.

The doors mostly lined up really well but I had to drill all the way through so I'm gonna glue over the hole and green stuff with Space Wolves icons to hide it.

The typhoon missile launchers came out a bit disappointing. They didn't line up exactly, they still fit in but it looks slightly off.

Either way I'm glad I can modify my 3 land speeders at will now. Gonna finish up my Knight and second Predator tank when my magnets get here.

What is a good way to remove magnets? I have these old thunderwolves before there was a thunderwolf model and I want to remagnetize them and the torsos I have with them though it might be pointless, I don't think they would be tournament legal.

5VddxuT.jpg

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Got in a game today, 2k of my just barely assembled Crimson Fist Primaris Marines vs a Tzeentch force. The guy told me before the game it was a nasty list he was practicing for a tournament, but I figured I'm still learning so why not? Suffice it to say I got tabled on turn 5, but I learned some stuff about my army. One is that Primaris Marines are surprisingly durable when they aren't being shot at by dedicated heavy weapons unit like Obliterates. My Repulsor didn't accomplish much but kill some cultists and then get destroyed by a combination of a Demon Prince and an assload of Cultists opening fire at it. But the 5 Interceccors and 5 Hellblasters that got out put up a hell of a fight. They did a couple wounds on overwatch when it charged, did a couple more in the combat phase in this and the following turn, then when it fell back they where able to cut it down will concentrated bolter and plasma fire. The second demon prince took out a unit of Aggressors before getting charged by a Lt and my Captain, and both more than earned there pay. They killed the prince, then took a charge from the massive unit of those Tzeentch beastman guys that are good in hth and managed to kill nearly 20 of them over 2 turns before finally getting pulled down by numbers.

I would say the pluses where the Captain and LT's doing good work, plus the re-rolls they provided where very important. And that giving that Captain the Crimson Fist relic power fist makes him surprisingly handy in hth. Also the Bolter Drill strategem came in damn handy for my various Interccessor units when they got the chance to open up.

Minuses where the Repulsor, which got a single round of shooting before being targetted by everything and destroyed, and my Aggressors. Both of my units got charged first turn due to deep striking beastmen and a flying demon prince so they never got the chance to shoot. With there slow speed and short range they have a very narrow window but I can already see if I can use them better they can do some work. 36 bolter shots from 3 guys if they don't move, and add in Bolter Drill? That ain't nothing.

2yv4fx0.jpg

2lbzya8.jpg

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Nail polish remover will dissolve superglue bonds. It will also dissolve the model itself though, so it’s mostly for metal models. You can pop the model in the freezer for an hour, take it out and let it warm up, and then pop off any bonds pretty easily. Gotta let it thaw though or the plastic will snap.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Nail polish remover will dissolve superglue bonds. It will also dissolve the model itself though, so it’s mostly for metal models. You can pop the model in the freezer for an hour, take it out and let it warm up, and then pop off any bonds pretty easily. Gotta let it thaw though or the plastic will snap.

Or you could let time take it's toll and rot

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

That would be cool and I could save a bit of hassle for my LGS by not needing to resell an opened Baal with everything still on sprue.

I found it. It has some old green paint on it (I got it from someone in a bunch of bits) so you might want to strip it, but if you PM me your address I have to head to the post office on Wednesday and I can send it out to you as long as you're in the CONUS.

I played a couple of games of Killteam yesterday using counts as Deathwatch Veterans (I was using Legion of the Damned models), and while they're pretty tough and have decent weapons it really feels like paying all of those points for a 1W model is a mistake. My LGS is doing a campaign and I thought it would be fun to use these guys, but it really seems like Deathwatch need Primaris Marines to not be such glass cannons - now I'm trying to decide if I want to go with vanilla Marines (would be fun since I'd get to use my homebrew chapter, plus I have all of the models I need), or Orks (would be fun since it would mean I'd have an excuse to paint a bunch of my Ork models).

The strategems for both armies are pretty fun (giving an Ork Burna Boy 2D6 autohitting shots in overwatch or giving a Reiver 6 cc attacks on a charge are both equally hilarious to me), so I'm torn. There is one other guy in the campaign who is doing Orks, and no one is doing vanilla Marines though, so that's something to consider I guess.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Minuses where the Repulsor, which got a single round of shooting before being targetted by everything and destroyed, and my Aggressors. Both of my units got charged first turn due to deep striking beastmen and a flying demon prince so they never got the chance to shoot. With there slow speed and short range they have a very narrow window but I can already see if I can use them better they can do some work. 36 bolter shots from 3 guys if they don't move, and add in Bolter Drill? That ain't nothing.

Did he use the relic that moves the beastmen? Dark Matter Crystal?

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Not sure what is was but he had two units of Tzangors ( I think that’s what they are called) that deep striked. I made the mistake of leaving enough room behind my guys for him to come in.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »

Or you could let time take it's toll and rot
    Found the Nurgle cultist.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Not sure what is was but he had two units of Tzangors ( I think that’s what they are called) that deep striked. I made the mistake of leaving enough room behind my guys for him to come in.

Worth pointing out to your opponent that if they're preparing for a tournament it'll likely be using the beta rules which don't allow this - you can't deep strike out of your deployment zone on the first turn.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Worth pointing out to your opponent that if they're preparing for a tournament it'll likely be using the beta rules which don't allow this - you can't deep strike out of your deployment zone on the first turn.

Except for if they use the Dark Matter Crystal which would be only one unit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I was getting at.

Snake Gandhi, what was said above....but with new beta rules / essentially tournament rules, deep striking isn't the end all be all it used to be. I am assuming it'll be made permanent with maybe a few tweaks and exceptions (like how Dark Matter Crystal is an exception), but never know.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Also GW needs to drop that big FAQ.

From the rumors the CP fix to soup, huge point increase for the Castellean (goes over 700 points) and a few other QoL things and also confirming how deep strike will work will be huge.

Hopefully also some help for power armor and a few struggling armies.

Though with Rogue Trader coming out there is a good chance that cp can only be used by faction that generated them (guard cps only used by guard for example) is going to be the fix.

For my CSM? Not a huge deal.

For Imperial Soup? Huge deal.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Just built myself 10 blightlords.

That’s a damn fine kit, real crazy detailed and the models are pretty chunky.

• Options
    Rogue Trader came today! wooo!
    Hey I can use the game boards from the other 40k board games Overkill and the Assassin one for closed rooms {why thanks GW for that hint when you pulled them from the market}

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Those and probably also space hulk

• Options

I found it. It has some old green paint on it (I got it from someone in a bunch of bits) so you might want to strip it, but if you PM me your address I have to head to the post office on Wednesday and I can send it out to you as long as you're in the CONUS.

Very cool, thank you. I PMed my address to you.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I was getting at.

Snake Gandhi, what was said above....but with new beta rules / essentially tournament rules, deep striking isn't the end all be all it used to be. I am assuming it'll be made permanent with maybe a few tweaks and exceptions (like how Dark Matter Crystal is an exception), but never know.
    We were definitely using the beta rules, cause he asked if we could use them and I said sure. And it was only one unit that deep striked behind me. The other landed in his zone later in the game to take care of my Rievers that were trying to steal his objectives from the cultists guarding them. It did not go well for the Rievers.

• Options
    So I have a question
    I know there is/was an article about Black templar lore, painting tips and other things to customize your crusade in a white dwarf I just don't know which it is and I know the issue numbers may be different in the US as they were in the UK that is a foggy memory
    These two marines were in it
    rgy2kvkpy9wx.png
    1chxsv6n3hcx.jpg

• Options
    The first dude looks like a Word Bearer's wet dream.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I want that rogue trader game board so baaaaad

Just not all the accompanying models

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    I want that rogue trader game board so baaaaad

Just not all the accompanying models

Just wait people will ebay it's contents in a few weeks

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    That top templar guy really could use more purity seals. You can never to too pure.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Been doing a little mathhammer for the loadout on my new blightlords.

Uh, who designed this flail? Because it’s actually insane on terminators. It has a maximum damage output of 12 with perfect rolls and the damage spills over. On normal marines it’s a little expensive and they only get d3, but on terminators not only is it cheaper (because it’s replacing 8 points of weapons) why is it half the price but twice as effective?

That’s not including all the buffs because it’s a plague weapon. It’s fairly trivial to have +1 str, reroll all failed wounds, +2 to wound rolls with mortal wounds on a 7+ and -3ap on a 4+. (One sorcerer and a CP).

• Options
    The fail is a great weapon if you can get into combat.

Also if you are playing kill team put it on a combat specialist or a zealot and it will annihilate anything it gets in contact with.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'm building up my tyranids for a charity tournament in November (my first tourney!)

But after that I think it's going to be kill team building, including but not limited to: Death Guard, Drukhari, Orks, and Harlequins

Death guard might be the first... I didn't much like playing them as an army (and cleared them out on Bartertown) but I really like how they look in the killteam book. Also, one box of plague marines makes for an easy investment with some cool loadout options.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Okay, hold on.

So, Kill Team. The Gellerpox Infected. Lorewise, they are crew-menials on a Rogue Trader's starship, thousands of indentured serfs slaving away in the engine decks keeping things running. The powers of Chaos, mostly Nurgle, transformed them into horrible mutants. But first and foremost they are slaves working in outerspace starship engines.

46.jpg

So where the hell did this one get that fish.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png