As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Are there any factions not included in Kill Team yet besides Sisters of Battle and Squats? Maybe just the specialized factions? (dunno if subfactions are in it yet, I don't play it)

(get a Necromunda kill team)

Daemons and Custodes are really the only factions missing outside of Sisters and the Inquisition.

I'm expecting weirder stuff like Eldar Corsairs to eventually pop up, too.

Stuff like this seems to be a great way for GW to toe the waters with some of the various forces & alien races that have been referenced in lore but never got the full wh40k army list treatment.

They actually said this when they launched rogue trader as being the intent of the kit, so it’s logical to think there will be more.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    But no psykers for them.

So that's Death Guard, Imperial Guard, Tau and Necrons without Psykers, correct?

Exalted Sorcerer on disk sounds pretty mean.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    But no psykers for them.

So that's Death Guard, Imperial Guard, Tau and Necrons without Psykers, correct?

Exalted Sorcerer on disk sounds pretty mean.

Dark Eldar are also psykerless!

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    It's really showing how ancient the CSM range is when they only have one plastic character, and they had to drag out the teenaged sorcerer. Astartes get their primaris captains and watchmasters, tsons get their exalted sorcerers, and CSM don't even get a grandpappy chaos lord entry -_-

website_header.jpg
    The only plastic lord is the Terminator right?

At least there is that bit of hope from that one rumour engine picture showing a part of a CSM sorcerer backpack.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    It's really showing how ancient the CSM range is when they only have one plastic character, and they had to drag out the teenaged sorcerer. Astartes get their primaris captains and watchmasters, tsons get their exalted sorcerers, and CSM don't even get a grandpappy chaos lord entry -_-

All of the death guard options are interestingly enough elites. Not a single HQ in there.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

All of the death guard options are interestingly enough elites. Not a single HQ in there.

The super soaker alone is worth bringing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    The rerolls on the tallyman look great. 7" is huge on a kill team sized table

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »

The super soaker alone is worth bringing.

I mean that thing with the right rolls can melt titans. Of course with shitty rolls you may just tickle a guardsmen.

According to some commanders review on YouTube the points limit is 200 points in commander games. For teams like guard with their cheap characters that means you can bring almost double the troops against a single fully upgraded broodlord.

I'm torn on my next 40k purchase. I want to get two stormfang gunships but I also want the trench killzone.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Large vehicles can double as kill team terrain.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    Badablack wrote: »

True, I've been meaning to use my landraiders as terrain.

Luckily for my wallet my LGS is out of stock for both. Unluckily they had two of the Necron HQs I don't have so I bought those, some gloss varnish, pipettes, a shade, and mold line cleaner.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Well i can use the collapsed monolith as terrain since i am just cleaning it since at the time i had no idea how the necron vehicles were painted until the robot

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

I've played some games on battlefields covered in "wrecked" vehicles. Rhino chassis vehicles aren't that much larger than shipping crates, so they work out fairly well.

Speaking of Killteam, $60 for a rulebook and some cards? On the upside, a lot of the actual Commanders are priced the same as the normal character prices but come with the extra stuff, so that's cool.

I am deeply saddened by the fact that the Primaris Captain cannot take the plasma pistol and power fist combo and is stuck with the standard boring Bolt Rifles/Power Sword loadout.

SmokeStacks on
    I thought the pickle captians could have that power fist bolter combo

Captain and Lieutenant Commanders both come with Master Crafted Auto Bolt Rifles. Captains can swap it for a Master Crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle as well as add a Power Sword. Lieutenants can swap it for a Master Crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle or a Power Sword. I guess the reasoning is so that you can use the models from Dark Imperium without any modifications.

The restrictions are kind of strange considering GW sold a Captain that had a plasma pistol and a power fist and currently sells a Primaris Lieutenant with a plasma pistol and power sword though.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    To the hive of Aguafrias came a stranger one grim day
    Hardly spoke to the Arbites, didn't have too much to say
    No one dared to slit his purse-strings, no one dared to make a slip
    for the black-clad man among them had a boltgun on his hip
    Boltgun on his hip

It was early in the morning when he landed at the 'port
    And he spent his day in houses of a foul and darkling sort
    He's a heretic from offworld came the whisper from each lip
    And he's here to weave some chaos with the boltgun on his hip
    Boltgun on his hip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRa0KZsGhc

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    oh hey, first tangible Orktober thing.
    Speed Freeks going up for pre-order on the 20th.

quite disappointed with the whole Orktober thing, was expecting a trickle of info. summaries of individual units, stuff on tactics or even painting showcases.
    instead its been mostly radio silence for the month.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I mean 9 out of past 14 days have had something Ork related. There have been more new models revealed than anything outside Death Guard or Marines.

I feel like this is people expecting more than is reasonable honestly.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I mean 9 out of past 14 days have had something Ork related. There have been more new models revealed than anything outside Death Guard or Marines.

At this point the codex is more what folks are waiting for.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Norgoth wrote: »

Articles and reveals are great and all, but I don't think it's too unreasonable to have assumed a codex was coming when they talked about how the codex was coming and named the month "Orktober". If Orks are your only army, or your "main" army, you've been waiting sixteen months for a codex at this point.

Speed Freeks looks pretty rad, and I'm definitely going to be picking one up, but the only actual Ork release in the entire month of "Orktober" is going to be a boardgame at the end of the month.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I know all to well lately

The codex is out this month, right?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Khraul wrote: »
    The codex is out this month, right?

Eeh, Preorder Sat after next. You can pay for it in October, get it delivered 3rd of Nov.
    The White Dwarf that's out this month will be jam packed with Ork stuff, and that will come out in October.

Tastyfish on
    Close enough I suppose.

Might have to grab that white dwarf tho

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    That is assuming they announce the codex next Sunday, so hopefully that is the case.

Remember this from the Gang War 3 book?
    vl1vdofeq0o3.png
    Well they showed off it's mini, painted
    sa87y90ce6is.png

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Something about that really isn't working for me, but I can't tell if it's the mini itself or just the paintjob.

Burnage wrote: »
    Something about that really isn't working for me, but I can't tell if it's the mini itself or just the paintjob.

I like the mini, but the paintjob is super busy. Actual crocodiles look super muted by comparison. To be fair though, actual crocodiles don't live in irradiated underhive hellscapes filled with toxic waste.

Also needs a glossy finish I think

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    The stuff on the back of the mini is kind of distracting
    It's one of the reasons I want to see the grey of it

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Finally! I've been waiting for that figure since it was first shown for over 6 months now.

Just let me buy it and then never be able to afford it in my campaign now please!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Give that thing a green or grey glaze/wash to soften all the line work and it would look a whole lot better. Not really sure what that back rig is supposed to be, it’s not on the original artwork.

In the painting demo for today was the Goff Clan
    They don't use the daggs anymore? or the red and black motif?

The riptide is a weird kit. It’s oddly asymmetrical, the air intakes are at odd angles and seem wrong until you put it together. It comes with a flying stand I would be real hesitant to use.

Some neat options though.

I’m hoping ghaz isn’t a Goff only choice. Chapter specific characters blows.

Well I am still tempted to do Deathskull with the orks I have since all I faced was Goff and Evil Sun