As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Previews galore!

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    In today's Regimental Standard, Badfragg is feeling unappreciated.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    on the subject of turn based squad level tactical dungeon crawlers, did anyone try Mechanicus?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    on the subject of turn based squad level tactical dungeon crawlers, did anyone try Mechanicus?

It's not out yet

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    After playing all the First Strike missions with my brother I decided to jump back into 40K properly. Today I bought the T'au starter box - I have never held so many sprues at once and I am more than a little overwhelmed, but looking forward to building some mechas.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Dayspring wrote: »

It's not out yet

I saw some gameplay while watching Lewis and Ben Save The World on YouTube yesterday. It looks kind of interesting!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ATxrN228w

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Yeah, i only saw it through that video actually haha

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    That looks pretty neat.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Was not expecting a plastic Ur Ghul from this.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    With the completion of the Maleceptor kit I built yesterday I have, at present, built all of the plastic I own. This includes magnetizing the shit out of the two carnifexes I recently picked up.

#lifegoals #downwithmoldlines

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I can’t unsee that the dark mechanicus guy has no basing.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Was not expecting a plastic Ur Ghul from this.

Or the beastman or chaos grunts

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    New CSM sculpts. Give them to me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Ordered my Knight Castellan and squad of Aggressors last night, which are the last models I need for my 2000pt Ultramarines. Everything else is in various stages of primed, base coated, or detailed. Getting through the three squads of intercessors right now. I think by the end of the year, fingers crossed, I actually have my first completely painted 40K army in probably a decade.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    The Tau Vs orks battle report in the new white dwarf is pretty fun!
    Orks lose but the board was a bit one sided and the Ork army was made predominantly to show off the new vehicle.

The board was essentially a long corridor of building diagonally. Tau at one end Orks at the other which mean the Tau had three turns of shooting at the Orks before they got close.

edited November 2018
    Here's the list I have all the models for at this point. I've played it with some proxies and it's fun. It's meant more as a fun theme army than a competitive list, but I've had some great games with it so far.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [58 PL, 995pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 134pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword

Primaris Librarian [7 PL, 101pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Null Zone, Force sword

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 90pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
    . 4x Intercessor
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
    . 4x Intercessor
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 111pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Primaris Ancient [5 PL, 69pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 135pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
    . 4x Hellblaster
    . Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [18 PL, 400pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

**Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [18 PL, 400pts]: Warlord

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [30 PL, 604pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Household Choice: House Terryn, Questor Imperialis

+ Lord of War +

Knight Castellan [30 PL, 604pts]
    . Freeblade: Freeblade Questor Imperialis
    . Two Siegebreaker Cannons & Two Shieldbreaker Missiles: 2x Shieldbreaker Missile, 2x Twin Siegebreaker Cannon

++ Total: [106 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I do have a question about WYSIWYG though. With Intercessors, the kit actually doesn't come with power swords. How do people normally do the WYSIWYG here? It seems strange that the kit doesn't come with an option the models can use.

e: Never mind, found the Ultramarine Primaris Upgrade kits that come with a power sword arm. Guess I'm ordering a pair of those.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Thre's a blackstone fortress pic leaked and floating around online....

d3plawsv8uv11.jpg?width=960&auto=webp&s=4bf75c08a1bccb85828d74c0da4ea52d653792cd

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    GW already went into damage control and put out a funny Facebook post about it too. Those community guys are super on point and deserve multiple raises.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Good God Australia and New Zealand are getting boned.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    At the moment I really just want a copy of the Ork codex so I can start planning 40k Ironjawz conversions...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Maybe some of the other boxed sets and games have spoiled me, but it doesn't actually look like you get a huge amount of stuff in that for its price tag?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Maybe some of the other boxed sets and games have spoiled me, but it doesn't actually look like you get a huge amount of stuff in that for its price tag?

I need a better quality picture and an actual idea of how many minis are in there. Because that might not be all of them in there.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Silver Tower had ~50 miniatues, Hammerhal had ~30 and they were both priced at ~£100 or so, squinting at that blurry image I'd guess it's somewhere between those ranges.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Looks more like 30 models than 50.

What scale are blood bowl mini's compared to standard 40k boyz?

Looking at the Ork team, I'd love to convert some into boyz/nobz... turn the guy throwing the pigskin into an ork throwing a squig

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Blood Bowl players are just a touch larger than 40k troops, so they’ll work just fine.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

How many of those 50 Silver Tower models were tiny little brimstone horrors, spidergobbos, or tzeench familiars?

website_header.jpg
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    McGibs wrote: »

How many of those 50 Silver Tower models were tiny little brimstone horrors, spidergobbos, or tzeench familiars?

Several! To memory it was 8 gerblins, 4 brimstones and 8 familiars (who were pretty clearly just on the sprue where there was enough space to squeeze them on).

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Holy hell Delaques gangers look amazing. Like a bunch of evil Matrix stunt doubles.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Delaques are really cool. Those will show up in so so many inquisition and admech conversions.

I'm not sure yet about the Ranger for Blackstone fortress. Maybe a bit too much focus on "look, a woman" by the modeller.

Delaques are really cool. Those will show up in so so many inquisition and admech conversions.

I'm not sure yet about the Ranger for Blackstone fortress. Maybe a bit too much focus on "look, a woman" by the modeller.

I think I need to see her in 3D before I can figure out how I feel about her. The pose looks really flat in the current picture, like a throwback to 2nd edition models.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    "Chapter Approved 2018 will also feature a beta codex for the Adepta Sororitas"

That is a cool line to see in that preview

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    What the hell is that robot with the ratlings holycrap i need that robot.

website_header.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I have mixed feelings on the new Necromunda books.

Happy that they will make flicking through the small library I carry around for Necro game night currently much easier.
    Hopeful that they might tighten the worrying large amount of loose rules issues.
    Fearful they won't, or will introduce more.
    Sad at the amount of books I bought over the last year that are about to become obsolete.

Perils of the early adopter I suppose. I've been playing loads of Necro games since the re-release so I can't say I haven't got use out of the stuff I bought so far.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Just flirting with Ork conversions

Ork boyz - 11 models, 10 boyz + a nob, super dated models (LIKE SUPERDATED)... $35 Canadian.
    Gouged eye blood bowl team - 12 models, should be pretty easy to convert, same sized bases included, look way better... $40 Canadian plus some bitz

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Have they done beta codexes before? This is probably a great way to ensure that the main codex doesn't need drastic FAQs after release meaning you don't have to carry printouts with you.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    What the hell is that robot with the ratlings holycrap i need that robot.
    rgbphbizf6gx.jpeg

It almost looks like a mini-Castellan, doesn’t it?
    I think it might be a ‘modern’ 40k interpretation of a Thallax… which is awesome.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    ...Man of Iron...?

H9f4bVe.png
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It’s a very Raygun-Gothic design (I like that)

FE: I find it funny that 40k has rayguns and the gothic but is not exactly Raygun-Gothic

Kadoken on
    I'm torn on what colors to paint my Knight. On the one hand House Terryn makes sense because it matches the Ultramarines so closely. On the other hand I could go with another house color scheme to make it "pop" more on the table next to my Smurfs. On the other other hand, I'll probably use him as the basis for an eventual Imperial Knights army, so...maybe choose his color scheme based on what house I want to make that army?

Choices.