As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    I kept all of them.

Oh!

Was there a time in which you could pull copies of the same Leggo?

Yeah. Got me a double Captain Greenskin that way.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    I kept all of them.

Oh!

The no dup leggos thing was actually a quite recent change.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    kime wrote: »
    I wonder what my first Legendary was.... Sylvanas or Antonidas I think? I got both of them pretty early, which was nice.

Pretty sure mine was Jaraxxus. Either that or Al'akir.
    Julius wrote: »
    I kept all of them.

Oh!

I have a golden and regular Edwin. Not sure which one I want to dust...

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    When was the last time anyone ran Cenarius even as a joke? Like... GvG?

We don't shit on Cenarius. We weep for him.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Huh, we're actually at a point where Hunter has better legendaries than Druid does.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Jeez, way to rain on my parade, everyone.

Also, I am dogshit at arena now, holy crap. I've gotten two wins like four out of five runs. This is horrible. I'm totally broke over here; I can't afford this.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ahhh! I got Alex in my Brawl pack. Is today Lucky Packs Day?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Are there any reasonably priced tablets that can actually run Hearthstone well? I got an Amazon Fire 7 last year when they were going for 30 bucks because I figured I might as well have a tablet around for that price, but Hearthstone runs like absolute dogshit on it. I had to put a MicroSD card on it just to get the fat fucking game to install on the tiny internal memory, and even then it was a struggle to get it to realize it had enough storage to install it. When it finally did, it turns out it runs horribly. Really slow to load, menu transitions take forever, tons of hitching in game.

I'm just curious if there's a tablet out there I could buy that would run the game smoothly without spending $200+.

• Options
    Hm. That last absolute travesty of an arena run gave me a Genn Graymane. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell of me crafting any Paladin legendaries or epics, but I'm trying to piece together some kind of a janky even handlock without having to craft Rin or The Lich King.
    ### Gennlock
    # Class: Warlock
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
    # 2x (2) Defile
    # 2x (2) Plated Beetle
    # 2x (2) Sunfury Protector
    # 2x (2) Vulgar Homunculus
    # 2x (4) Defender of Argus
    # 2x (4) Hellfire
    # 2x (4) Hooked Reaver
    # 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
    # 1x (4) Shroom Brewer
    # 2x (4) Spellbreaker
    # 2x (4) Twilight Drake
    # 2x (6) Dread Infernal
    # 1x (6) Genn Greymane
    # 1x (6) Siphon Soul
    # 1x (8) Primordial Drake
    # 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
    # 2x (12) Mountain Giant
    #
    AAECAf0GBooHzAjJxwKX0wLY5QLN9AIM8gX7BfsGtgfhB/sHjQjnywLx0AL90AKI0gLq5gIA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm not sure how viable it is yet 'cause I'm still figuring out how to pilot it. I've had a lot of narrow losses that were probably preventable somehow.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Scored a Nozdormu in my Brawl pack.

Suh-weet.

Not really meta viable but I'm sure I can figure out something endlessly frustrating to do with him.

I know landing a Nozdormu out of the new Dragon Eggs completely ruined a Cubelock's day when I was doing my early days Buff Paladin experiments.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I swear one day I'll look at a handlock list and not look at the 4 drops expecting Mountain Giant.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Are there any reasonably priced tablets that can actually run Hearthstone well? I got an Amazon Fire 7 last year when they were going for 30 bucks because I figured I might as well have a tablet around for that price, but Hearthstone runs like absolute dogshit on it. I had to put a MicroSD card on it just to get the fat fucking game to install on the tiny internal memory, and even then it was a struggle to get it to realize it had enough storage to install it. When it finally did, it turns out it runs horribly. Really slow to load, menu transitions take forever, tons of hitching in game.

I'm just curious if there's a tablet out there I could buy that would run the game smoothly without spending $200+.

Long time ago I used to play with it on my Note 8.0 tablet and it ran fine on it. I would assume that it should run decently on the newer Samsung tablets, but not 100% positive since I have not used an Android tablet in ages. At one point I was playing HS on a cheap HP windows Atom processor tablet that cost around $90 and I have not gone back to Android tablets since (I currently play it on a Surface Pro when I don't use my phone). If you are not bound to an Android tablet you can look at a Windows one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Long time ago I used to play with it on my Note 8.0 tablet and it ran fine on it. I would assume that it should run decently on the newer Samsung tablets, but not 100% positive since I have not used an Android tablet in ages. At one point I was playing HS on a cheap HP windows Atom processor tablet that cost around $90 and I have not gone back to Android tablets since (I currently play it on a Surface Pro when I don't use my phone). If you are not bound to an Android tablet you can look at a Windows one.
    I've never used a Windows mobile device but I guess I'd be open to it since I've used Windows PCs forever.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I've never used a Windows mobile device but I guess I'd be open to it since I've used Windows PCs forever.

They are awesome, but make sure you use Win 10 in tablet mode if you have one without a keyboard to have the on screen keyboard pop up. Just bare in mind they don't have a swipe style keyboard so it is hunt and peck. The stupid cheap HP Stream tablet made me love HS on a tablet, plus some old Dos games. Which led me to spend more for a Surface device.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ahhh! I got Alex in my Brawl pack. Is today Lucky Packs Day?

Nope!

• Options
    It's almost amusing that my forum name ended up being a perfect description of the majority of my Hearthstone packs.

• Options
    Okay, so let's say you're playing handlock, and you're going first against a paladin or whatever, and on turn 2 you have a hand of Plated Beetle, Vulgar Homonculus, Hellfire, Twilight Drake, Mountain Giant. Do you play the two two-mana cards on curve and fuck up your Mountain Giant? Tap until 4 and Hellfire, trading health for cards and setting up for your big plays? Split the difference and tap on 2, tap and play a minion on 3?

I get in this situation a lot and I'm not sure what to prioritize.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure we have the "Are the packs really good this week??" discussion like every few weeks here, when the actual answer is that the average rate of playing for most posters here is putting the brawl pack at that critical point with the pity timer where it's more likely you get a legend than don't :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    When was the last time anyone ran Cenarius even as a joke? Like... GvG?

He was in that spiteful druid list that just ran tech cards just before the rotation occurred.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    It's all good guys, my brawl pack gave me a Golden Sorcerer's Apprentice. I think the game was getting back at me for winning the brawl via Banker, Gorgon, Shudderwock combo.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure we have the "Are the packs really good this week??" discussion like every few weeks here, when the actual answer is that the average rate of playing for most posters here is putting the brawl pack at that critical point with the pity timer where it's more likely you get a legend than don't :P

Or we just have a lot of posters so it's not even unlikely to have three people pull legendaries.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Okay, so let's say you're playing handlock, and you're going first against a paladin or whatever, and on turn 2 you have a hand of Plated Beetle, Vulgar Homonculus, Hellfire, Twilight Drake, Mountain Giant. Do you play the two two-mana cards on curve and fuck up your Mountain Giant? Tap until 4 and Hellfire, trading health for cards and setting up for your big plays? Split the difference and tap on 2, tap and play a minion on 3?

I almost always just lifetap on two, and then evaluate on three. With that specific hand you can always just play the beetle or the homunculus on 3 anyway, and you could always draw a defile or something.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I will get a cardback for this tavern brawl

Still how do you get Lunara's cardback? 5 wins in the arena?

If you are talking about the Lunara Garden Card Back, it is the one you need to win 5 ranked games in May.

How hard can it be?

• Options
    Against aggro you accept that you can't play a turn 4 giant. Trying to squeeze in a giant when you don't know how slow their hand is super greedy.

• Options
    plus giants look really anemic when they just bounce off a divine shield taunt 1/1 twice in a row

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    By the way, because people will ask, Monster Hunter goes live at 10 AM Pacific Time. That's approximately 5 and a half hours from this post.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    By the way, because people will ask, Monster Hunter goes live at 10 AM Pacific Time. That's approximately 5 and a half hours from this post.

2:00 PM Atlantic time, woot!

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    furbatfurbat Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I really like this brawl. Not only do you get to play the premade theme decks, you also get to play them against other premade decks.
    Wyvern wrote: »

The mountain giant is pretty terrible in this match up.

I'd drop the plated beetle. You'll have plenty of turns to tap. You really want to hold on to hellfire until they go wide, not on turn 4 (unless in response to call to arms).

If this were on ladder and I was running control lock, I might tap because you win that match up with defile, stonehill defender, lackey, doomsayers, skull/void lord and I'd have a high chance of hitting them or librarian/mortal coil. None of those cards are in your hand.

furbat on
  • Options
    He's Handlock so no Lackey, Skull, Doomguards and likely even only so no Voidlords/Stonehill.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Upto rank 17 with my odd pally deck so far, still feels strong. My aim is as high as I can go, so long as it remains fun to try. Played another set that went something like 10/1 last night, I don't think I've every won this often before. The loss was to a classic mage of all things! They played it really well and between them and draws I just couldn't keep the board flooded enough to hit them much. I also should have iron beaked their mana wyrm sooner.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    lol i played someone with legend rank 23008 at rank 5 today.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    lol i played someone with legend rank 23008 at rank 5 today.

EU, I presume?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    He's Handlock so no Lackey, Skull, Doomguards and likely even only so no Voidlords/Stonehill.
    She. But yeah. No odd cards! I could theoretically drop the beetles for Doomsayers (I haven't been overly impressed with them so far), although they'd be pretty terrible past the very early game.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    slightly off topic but a star trek flavored LEGALLY DISTINCT hearthstone clone (hearthclone) just got released in early access on steam called star trek adversaries

I've played it a fair amount (currently rank 8 on the leaderboard) and it feels like vanilla hearthstone all over again

a lot of the ships are ripped wholesale from hearthstone (5 mana 3/5 battlecry: destroy a random ship with 2 attack or less, 6 mana 4/2 charge divine shield, hmmmmmmmm)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    i like poking my head into the free to play card game section of steam like once a month

the fable hearthstone clone is awwwwwwwwwwwwful

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WHEN VEX CROW SUMMONS A WILD PYROMANCER THE WILD PYROMANCER DOESN'T GO OFF

FUCKING WORDING

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Did Silvermoon Portal trigger it?

• Options
    Did Silvermoon Portal trigger it?

Yup!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Wasn't that a recent change to Wild Pyro?

That's why call to arms and others don't trigger him anymore either, ya?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    SOOOOO happy quest rogue is back in the meta. Nothing quite like being attacked by the same Southsea deckhand 6 times in one turn.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything