As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I've hit Rank 1 5 stars 8 times this season, please just let me go free Blizz.

That was me and rank 6, 5 stars or 4 with a win streak today. Kingsbane basically won me 80%+ of my Control matchups and 10% of the aggro matchups. Still, win streaks are a thing, and I was having fun.

But sometimes it felt like karma was out to get me for playing Kingsbane, like in this “win and I’m in” game:
    b53gUJn.jpg

Anyhow, after falling back to rank seven for about the third time, I abandoned the Kingsbane plan and switched to Even Shaman. And then didn’t drop a single game getting to rank 5.

OK God, I get your drift.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Fireball: Apply directly to face. Fireball: Apply directly to face.

0g0f2depuvmm.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Df5oFf5VQAANSU3.jpg

that'll do, pig.

that'll do.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    MdcetI4g2Qkb9IRL21O12vTds9E0Mp-SeWgpvPHEMWA.png?w=1024&s=dcf8f8dd642b2118fbce11171a5cb05d

well now

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    How’d you manage that?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Y'ALL....

Can I show you guys the MOST disgusting topdeck and proceeding RNG I've EVER gotten before in my life

https://hsreplay.net/replay/UhD3WWNhhGf2pP4Gz3b8r5

Boy that game was gross. Holy shit. Even after he Fatecleave'd my Cavern Dreamer (STILL HAD ANOTHER ONE WAITING AUGH).

(my own Cavern Dreamer pulls weren't even super great either! I had a game before this one where I just got SO much removal)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Beasteh wrote: »
    MdcetI4g2Qkb9IRL21O12vTds9E0Mp-SeWgpvPHEMWA.png?w=1024&s=dcf8f8dd642b2118fbce11171a5cb05d

well now
    Grats on your 12-0, screenshotter.

forty on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I just played against an "Even" Paladin running CtA. Exact stock list from before nerfs, at Rank 1.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I just played against an "Even" Paladin running CtA. Exact stock list from before nerfs, at Rank 1.

Not quite what was planned.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    How’d you manage that?
    forty wrote: »

well now
    Grats on your 12-0.

pssssssst

this was from reddit, i don't think it's actually their screenshot :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/8rnuco/a_disgusting_way_to_end_a_120_run/

unless it is

but either way

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    How’d you manage that?

well now
    Grats on your 12-0.

pssssssst

this was from reddit, i don't think it's actually their screenshot :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/8rnuco/a_disgusting_way_to_end_a_120_run/

unless it is

but either way
    Fixed.

• Options
    getting offered FOUR spellstones in arena is just downright absurd

they may have even been offered more, we will die never knowing this

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    You never know, maybe the priest has 4 duskbreakers.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    If so, plenty of room in hell for both of them.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    I continue to be glad that secret agent went to wild so now priests are limited to 2 duskbreakers instead of however many they feel like pulling out of their ass

• Options
    Well, Operative only made more duskbreakers if you had duskbreakers yourself, and in that case, that's what you get.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    netherspite historian was the baller source of duskbreakers; absurdly nice to prepare for turn 4 on turn 2

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I hate how Tarim is part of all Odd pally lists thanks to stonehill. That bastard has lost me games against them I should have won.

That said, finally punched through to rank 5 as even Warlock. Fun deck, lots of tools, and the only thing that feels like straight bullshit is Guldangerous.

My final boss was ... Rush warrior? I felt kinda bad for him. That deck is fun but just not competitive.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    they should print some bad class card taunts for paladin, heh

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    So this was odd. I cast an MC tech against my opponent who had a dormant dragon as you can see below:

19s3ycmsyjqg.jpg

The MC tech's ability went off, chose the dragon, but because he was dormant nothing happened.

I was a sad bear.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I had the opposite happen where the dragon awoke from dormancy only to get stolen by a mind tech and go dorment again.

Then I think he punched me in the face a bunch before the thing even woke up so it didn't matter.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I had the opposite happen where the dragon awoke from dormancy only to get stolen by a mind tech and go dorment again.

Then I think he punched me in the face a bunch before the thing even woke up so it didn't matter.

Hearthstone

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    So this was odd. I cast an MC tech against my opponent who had a dormant dragon as you can see below:

19s3ycmsyjqg.jpg

The MC tech's ability went off, chose the dragon, but because he was dormant nothing happened.

I was a sad bear.

How do you know it chose the dragon, did it scoot to your side and then move back? Normally dormant tokens don't count for things like MC Tech or Brawl, so if nothing happened it's more likely that the MC Tech fizzled and was lit up yellow inappropriately because Hearthstone coding.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Fuckin, put Captain's Parrot back in standard so it doesn't come out of Wilderlands Adventurer anymore

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the decision to make the "promo" cards wild is the most baffling way to nerf ol' murk-eye they could have taken

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »

19s3ycmsyjqg.jpg

I was a sad bear.

How do you know it chose the dragon, did it scoot to your side and then move back? Normally dormant tokens don't count for things like MC Tech or Brawl, so if nothing happened it's more likely that the MC Tech fizzled and was lit up yellow inappropriately because Hearthstone coding.
    Yeah, dormant things aren't considered minions for things like the Frostwolf Warlord battlecry. 3 minions + Sleepy Dragon should mean no MCT steal.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Woo hoo finally beat The Witchwood! Did it as a houndmaster. Got the +2 attack to hounds early, so a 3/1 rush for 2 mana, followed by a +2 hp to all minions, making it a 3/3. Add in two blood hounds or whatever (8/10? Summon 6 bloodhounds to attack an enemy) and that saved me twice, once on the final boss. Having 6 3/3's and a big body was nice.

Also, I never got that stupid robot that combines all minions on board to one big minion. That single handily killed me in at least 3 runs.

So, you get nothing for beating it?

• Options
    Just got the quest for time tinkerer now. So, you only get a mulligan? That's lame.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    If you beat it with all classes you unlock a special final fight and if you beat that you get a card back.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

19s3ycmsyjqg.jpg

I was a sad bear.

Yeah, dormant things aren't considered minions for things like the Frostwolf Warlord battlecry. 3 minions + Sleepy Dragon should mean no MCT steal.

I once faceless'd an opponent's awake darkness. My copy immediately turned dormant. I was not happy.
    Still won!

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Grobian wrote: »
    If you beat it with all classes you unlock a special final fight and if you beat that you get a card back.

That seems rough. I's there a trick to each class? I felt pretty lucky to win it as the houndmaster. Took a lot of luck. Depending on the cards and passives you get it seems like some run are just dead depending on what bosses you face.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    how long do the extremely generous quests last, tuesday? Don't wanna make a mistake and reroll one

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Until July 3. You've still got 2 more weeks of rerolling.

• Options
    I got a quest to get a new hero by winning 10 games in standard after i came back. Haven't played in years, guess I'll have to Mame a deck

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    one thing i don't like is how i am completing 60 g quests on accident.

You literally have to stop playing around 5 before midnight i guess.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Arena guy had 5 Cavern Dwellers in his deck. I had him at 3 cards left so maybe he had more.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Just played a game where I left a Primodial Drake up against a Divine Spirit Priest; it was very nice of him to say "Well Played" as he buffed it up to a 32/32. I gave him a well played back as he went to hit me in the face. Just a shame my secret was Vaporize.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Df__JghUwAAkgGb.jpg
    Df__JghU8AAHLYp.jpg
    Df__JgjUwAEhRVd.jpg:small

12-2 Mage Arena!!! I drafted this really sick tempo/value Elemental deck:

aUb823V.png

Cavern Dreamers are fuckin' INSANEEEE. So much goddamn value.

My Final Boss was pretty intense. He ran out of cards, I ran out of deck. It basically came down to him not having an answer at the end. I did misplay, though, I wasn't expecting a T10 Frozen Crusher+Shadowflame. I ended up leaving up his minions cause I wanted to push for damage instead, which I don't think was wrong. So I didn't actually misplay, but hindsight is 20/20.

BUT HEY WE GOT THERE.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've definitely had the most luck with Mage in the Arena right now. Her new Arena cards are just flatly better than most others, and the Elemental/Tempo synergies just fall into your hands.

Paladin's pretty good too.

Druid's pretty bad.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    also this 12 win arena run came off the back of like, three straight 4 win runs

it's fuckin' crazy how swingy the difference between a good deck and a passable deck is

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png