As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Youtubin'

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I live on the wrong side of the pond to have gotten his voice on my nature videos... :(
    I know the name though.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah I don't really get a happy ending vibe from watching a baby goose homer simpson off a cliff for what seemed like an hour and a half.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I live on the wrong side of the pond to have gotten his voice on my nature videos... :(
    I know the name though.

I live in the Oosa and I've heard his voice on documentaries tons, on TV and Netflix

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Who did indeed voice Winnie the Pooh for a number of years

He has never VAd for Winnie the Pooh.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    big wipeouts.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Title says goose parade and by god that's a goose parade

• Options
    So Brandon Hardesty, who you probably know as the creator of "No Small Parts" has done something weird.

As of today his channel has been renamed "Undotube", and all of his videos have been changed to private. At the same time he uploaded these two videos

https://youtu.be/p3gUkIhupoc
    https://youtu.be/BZWi-W9SyRM

He's not a huge player but he does have over 100,000 subs and his No Small Parts vids were well received and popular. I wonder what he's up to.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Oh god, it's Dogme 95 for YouTube.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Today Jim talks about the only things that matter, as always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HlbL3_lFk

• Options
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Today Jim talks about the only things that matter, as always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HlbL3_lFk

Loot boxes?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    a
    #pipe wrote: »

This is like 3 levels of satire too deep for me

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

is the gag in this one that you can't actually read any of the rules, or are my eyes just old ?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/OTrc-5AhJ4o
    Naneek is an award-winning short documentary (2015) that captures the journey of Tim "Naneek" Keenan as he meets with former enemies, revisits the battleground of Dak To, and confronts a past he’s been unable to overcome. He feared his return to Vietnam for over 40 years. Until Now.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

I hope Nintendo steals this level design

no way it's legal for Evo but still

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

Dear Brendon,
    I'm picking up what you are throwing down, but people like ProZD are already doing this, and to be frank Brandon... he's pulling it off with a touch better execution than you. It's not the videos dude, it's the people behind them. For example, I follow a blind girl who drips positivity. Some of her content is hit-or-miss. She can be a little... loud. and very recently she gave a tour of what was in her refrigerator, which I really couldn't give two shits about. However I recently noticed she has a semicolon tattooed behind her ear, which put her in a way different light. This makes me want to hear what she has to say for a about a 10 minute stretch of time.

Heck even my little stint on being viral. I made a huge nerdy Enterprise in Minecraft. From what I gather, it was popular because I sounded exactly like the kind of nerd who would do such at thing. Looking at the engagement graph, it point where watches peaked was where I dropped an F-bomb, while sounding like I was 13.

I applaud you want to make content you want to make, but it's a double edged sword, because it sounds like you also want to make content that others want to watch. Sometimes these things don't touch on the venn diagram.

halkun on
  • Options
    Ads pfft PragerU is back with it's ads that are just sad to watch

• Options
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Got one the other day that talked about the Evil-Liberal-Elitist-Teachers indoctrinating children, with their "Liberal Arts" degree programs, to hate western civilization

It was like borderline satire, but made with the utmost sincerity

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »

Got one the other day that talked about the Evil-Liberal-Elitist-Teachers indoctrinating children, with their "Liberal Arts" degree programs, to hate western civilization

It was like borderline satire, but made with the utmost sincerity

I'm getting bombarded with ads for Root Car Insurance. "Our business model is to externalize the costs of being a provider of car insurance to every other insurer. We're geniuses! Next, check out Root Health Insurance, which doesn't allow any sick people to sign up."

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    halkun wrote: »

Dear Brendon,
    I'm picking up what you are throwing down, but people like ProZD are already doing this, and to be frank Brandon... he's pulling it off with a touch better execution than you. It's not the videos dude, it's the people behind them. For example, I follow a blind girl who drips positivity. Some of her content is hit-or-miss. She can be a little... loud. and very recently she gave a tour of what was in her refrigerator, which I really couldn't give two shits about. However I recently noticed she has a semicolon tattooed behind her ear, which put her in a way different light. This makes me want to hear what she has to say for a about a 10 minute stretch of time.

Heck even my little stint on being viral. I made a huge nerdy Enterprise in Minecraft. From what I gather, it was popular because I sounded exactly like the kind of nerd who would do such at thing. Looking at the engagement graph, it point where watches peaked was where I dropped an F-bomb, while sounding like I was 13.

I applaud you want to make content you want to make, but it's a double edged sword, because it sounds like you also want to make content that others want to watch. Sometimes these things don't touch on the venn diagram.

I doubt he reads the forums, dude

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So, a while back I posted a video on how truckers shift 18-gear transmissions. Here's that dude again, but on a tour of the rest of the truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlk1u2l1Ons

sig.gif
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    halkun wrote: »

Dear Brendon,

I doubt he reads the forums, dude

He knows that. It's a stylistic device called an "apostophe", where you for rhetorical effect adress someone who isn't present.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    No an apostrophe looks like this ;

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Apostrophe

noun

noun: apostrophe; plural noun: apostrophes

an exclamatory passage in a speech or poem addressed to a person (typically one who is dead or absent) or thing (typically one that is personified).

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Also a great Prager U ad for why we shouldn't lower the minimum wage. Given by the CEO of Hardees/Carl's Junior.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

PragerU has one (1) good video, and this is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    No an apostrophe looks like this ;

Ugh no that’s clearly a truck.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

I don't want to click it, it says yes right?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I don't want to click it, it says yes right?

It's a US Army Colonel saying yes, absolutely yes, and here are a bajillion carefully-explained reasons why.

This discussion has been closed.