As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Championship Nominations

Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid GodRegistered User regular
edited April 2018 in Critical Failures
Hey y'all, if you ain't heard it yet, our community has been invited to participate in a cross-forum game of mafia Phalla somewhat pompously titled the Mafia Championship! Read the invite here!

This would be the second time the Penny Arcade forums participated in this event, after our very own Infidel won during the inaugural season. You can read that game here!

The long and short of it is that we will need to select a representative from our community here to participate. In true Phalla fashion, we'll hold a vote to determine the winner.

Before we can vote, we'll need to hold nominations. The nomination period will be from April 23rd-26th. Voting will take place from April 27th-29th so that we can send our official choice to the organizers for May 1st.

Nominees should fit the following criteria
1. Currently an active member of the Phalla community
2. Willing to commit to being active during the Championship timeline (read the post, I'm not going to go over the timeline here).
3. Probably a fairly competent and/or well-known player but I'm not gonna hold a gun to your head about this one

RULES OF NOMINATION
1. No self-nominations
2. Limit of two nominations per player
3. All nominees must confirm that they are willing to act as the designate. We don't want to send someone who's inactive.
4. If we have fewer than 20 community members engaged in the nomination process, we'll decline the invitation.

Nominated but haven't confirmed availability:
1. Discrider
2. Obifett
3. Kime
4. TheRoadVirus
5. Oats
6. JPants
7. Egos
8. Auralynx
9. LostNinja
10. Gizzy
11. JusticeforPluto
12. I needed a gnome to post

Nominated but have declined:
1. Baidol
2. Wildcat

Nominated and confirmed availability:
1. Virgil_Leads_You
2. Sir Fabulous
3. Jdarksun
4. MrBlarney
5. Phyphor

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
Sir Fabulous on
Β«134

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Going to fire one off on Virgil_Leads_You

From what I read through of that thread, seems like moving on is more about establishing a presence.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I nominate @discrider and @ObiFett

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I feel like Discrider would represent us well

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    @TheRoadVirus needs to roleplay his way to hilarity. I'll bring my popcorn.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Nominating @Sir Fabulous

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    *her
    Aaaaand let's bring @jdarksun and @Oats

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Lots of great players in the community. Could rattle off a long list of people I'd be psyched to find out was on my team.
    Top of my head, I really like @jdarksun and @JPants as my nominees
    Team J.
    I'm a big fan of those two's ability to dissect mechanics and engage with players.

I'm fine with being a nominee. I have more free time since quitting work and moving to IL.
    I don't think I'd get very far though.
    Hard to pretend to be a vote immune brontosaurus in games that I'm assuming are going to be a bit clinical.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    My only concern with being nominated, aside perhaps how the winner is decided, is my Australian timezone...
    I'm not really sure whether it's going to be another case of 'Everyone's asleep; time to post'

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I'm fine with being a nominee myself.

I've always appreciated @Egos and their contributions to the game.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i nominate lan- oh.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Lost to us forever.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Requested to be banned as I understand it.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How about @Phyphor ?
    A magical box could be indispensable to the village.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    what about squ...

...actually, how about @MrBlarney ?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Hmm. Hmmmmmm. I've been mighty busy lately, but I suppose I could spare time for one game? Though I don't know how well I could represent the community, considering how rusty I am.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»

Yeah it's a personal reason that is his story to tell if he chooses

(if you want to get in touch with him his twitter is https://twitter.com/king_guthrum )

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I don't have the twitters, but tell Langly I said hello.

As for the nominee, I will nominate @Baidol

• Options

Yeah it's a personal reason that is his story to tell if he chooses

(if you want to get in touch with him his twitter is https://twitter.com/king_guthrum )

:|
    I have a hard time hosting because phalla/hosting seems to be steeped in drama nigh constantly.
    Or I'm a lightning rod for it.
    Or something.

• Options
    Er.. What?
    No drama in hosting in my experience. Other than not making abilities clear enough.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Yeah, I think I'm just a bad host.

• Options
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited April 2018
    giphy.webp
    Link to the deliberately bad comic for those interested or who want context:
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/

discrider on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: Β»
    I don't have the twitters, but tell Langly I said hello.

As for the nominee, I will nominate Baidol

I appreciate the nomination, but I must decline as I do not have time at the moment.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Hmm. Hmmmmmm. I've been mighty busy lately, but I suppose I could spare time for one game? Though I don't know how well I could represent the community, considering how rusty I am.

I think "rusty" would represent this community perfectly.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I nominate @egos !

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Also @Auralynx

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    Hi guys

I'm going on a shortΒ vacation tomorrow. Will be back Sunday, April 29.

As for the deadline for choosing a representative (or someone volunteering themselves), I am extending this by a couple of days toΒ May 3.

When/if your representative is decided, that person should please either PM me on Mafia Universe or reach me on Discord: Thingyman#6075. During evenings I will quickly check messages and get them the information they need to prepare for the game.

• Options
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Ooh, I was hoping we'd send someone for this. Let's see, who was in my last winning Mafia game...
    I nominate @LostNinja

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I nominate @Gizzy because she killed me in my first ever game of phalla. I think, it was a long time ago.

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    All the people I would nominate have already been nominated. I'll surely vote when we finalize the list.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Lots of great players in the community. Could rattle off a long list of people I'd be psyched to find out was on my team.
    Team J.
    I'm a big fan of those two's ability to dissect mechanics and engage with players.

I'm fine with being a nominee. I have more free time since quitting work and moving to IL.
    Hard to pretend to be a vote immune brontosaurus in games that I'm assuming are going to be a bit clinical.

My vote is for Virgil, but only if he claims to be a vote immune brontosaurus right out of the gate, regardless of theme.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    How about Phyphor ?

I'd do it, though I'm not as active anymore (or as good)

I did take a look at their forums and
    1. they have their own magic box! Well, a bot anyway for vote counts and such
    2. holy shit one of the previous championship games had 5000 posts in a week
    3. the format basically just means day 1/2 mafia kills can't win because why would they ever get voted as "best player"?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: Β»
    Team J.

My vote is for Virgil, but only if he claims to be a vote immune brontosaurus right out of the gate, regardless of theme.

And offering absolutely no explanation other than *STOMP* *STOMP*

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Right now my vote us Kime but may change when we finalize a list. However, not sure if possible but I enjoyed playing with @JusticeforPluto too. So, I woul nominate them!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: Β»
    How about Phyphor ?

I'd do it, though I'm not as active anymore (or as good)

I did take a look at their forums and
    1. they have their own magic box! Well, a bot anyway for vote counts and such
    2. holy shit one of the previous championship games had 5000 posts in a week
    3. the format basically just means day 1/2 mafia kills can't win because why would they ever get voted as "best player"?

To be fair who could count as active anymore?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t mind doing it, but let’s face it- my playstyle is erratic as all hell, and there are more skilled players around. I’d be entertaining as hell, though...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    To be honest, my potential nominations have all been made already. I'll vote when able, though.

And @38thDoe, you forgot @Burnage.