As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legal Eagle [Phalla] - IT'S OVER - VILLAGE VICTORY

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So it sounds like we think rotating roles daily is the best plan?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Term limits do tend to be a good idea.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    The following actions have been added to the Court's docket:

In re discrider (civil action)
    Index number 01-05
    Temporary Injunction

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

At least until we have some confirmed village. Then it may be more beneficial to have them as standing roles.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Well, my three original ideas apparently fall under the : cannot reveal morality clause Discrider found in his clarification.

I am instead going with something simpler for the time being: Making it impossible to vote to disbar yourself. Hopefully something more useful comes up.
    Question: How does making it impossible to vote to disbar yourself help the general populace?

Judicial notice: to the issuer of Index number 01-02 (In re kime, Temporary Injunction), the Court would suggest your reconsider the use of your civil action towards (edit: spelling) more fruitful ends.

How does it help? It's either a throw away vote or actively harmful to the village. I'm certain there is probably something better to be aiming for, but it does test out the system, establish precedence as is fairly simple and should be universally acceptable to not really raise controversy. If we get a new idea a case can always be pulled and refiled.

As trying for better ideas: We create a blanket (temporary) ban on specials. Presuming the powers are fairly even between those who seek to corrupt the systems and the rest of us good law abiding folk it should be a fairly neutral effect initially. Then we could reinstate powers to village claiming specials all at once, thus allowing (for a limited time) a net gain. With only the nightly mafia kill it would take the mafia a long time to oust the specials and it would force their hand for several days. Also, if there is at least one guard they could be even safer. The beauty here is if a mafia tries to pretend to be a special villager it would be pretty easy to suss out who it is.

LostNinja JusticeForPluto SirFabulous

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    All the writs so far are tame/silly things - since the writs compel a player to take an action, can someone compel a player to seer another player?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular

In re MrTLicious (civil action)
    Index number 01-06
    Writ of Mandamus

I am amused by this most recent one for MrT. :p.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I am amused by this most recent one for MrT. :p.

Forced pitying of fools?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm I guess I misunderstood how civil cases work also with regards to immunity.
    VYAcccI.gif
    Acquitting myself well today!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Can a player be compelled via writ to perform any game action? I'm thinking along the lines of seer, vig, guard - even if they don't normally have those powers?

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    As trying for better ideas: We create a blanket (temporary) ban on specials. Presuming the powers are fairly even between those who seek to corrupt the systems and the rest of us good law abiding folk it should be a fairly neutral effect initially. Then we could reinstate powers to village claiming specials all at once, thus allowing (for a limited time) a net gain. With only the nightly mafia kill it would take the mafia a long time to oust the specials and it would force their hand for several days. Also, if there is at least one guard they could be even safer. The beauty here is if a mafia tries to pretend to be a special villager it would be pretty easy to suss out who it is.
    What about an Injunction preventing non-court approved disbarment? Or something similar, in an attempt to stop the mafia "kill?"

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    b]Kime.[/b]

Because Kime.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Damn.

Kime

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think I'll throw my hat in for elections
    38thdoe
    38thdoe

QPdOGgq.gif

In the absence of any other information I will attempt to convict those not participating anyways.
    Those who are not posting/contributing will be targeted if I maintain my elected status.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ... ... ...
    Time to check if my computer is working

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

People v. Zombie Hero (criminal action)
    Index number 01-07

Can a player be compelled via writ to perform any game action? I'm thinking along the lines of seer, vig, guard - even if they don't normally have those powers?

A civil case for specific actions will be accepted for that player regardless of that player's ability to execute said action. The case in and of itself will not allow a player to perform actions they could not normally.

Of course, it was the intermediary sound management software that had selectively muted Firefox, and neither the base volume nor the application itself.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 you will not fool me again!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

A civil case for specific actions will be accepted for that player regardless of that player's ability to execute said action. The case in and of itself will not allow a player to perform actions they could not normally.

For the purposes of convicting via contempt of court, what amount of proof is needed? IE in the hypothetical case above a player is forced to seer but is not able or does not, could the player lie the following day, or would they immediatly be in contempt because the action was not performed?

Bluecyan wrote: »
    For the purposes of convicting via contempt of court, what amount of proof is needed? IE in the hypothetical case above a player is forced to seer but is not able or does not, could the player lie the following day, or would they immediatly be in contempt because the action was not performed?

No one will be help in contempt automatically by failing to take an action they are unable to do.

Players who have been successfully charged with a mandate to perform an action are not given a choice on performing said action should they be able to.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Moridin889you will not fool me again!

No offense, but you were a meteor. I don't think much subterfuge was necessary.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Moridin889you will not fool me again!

No offense, but you were a meteor. I don't think much subterfuge was necessary.

Yes, but grudges don't really need much behind the reasoning. :D

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody
    Brody
    discrider

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Does the act of being disbarred kill those Writs that might be in motion from that lawyer on that day?

discrider wrote: »
    Does the act of being disbarred kill those Writs that might be in motion from that lawyer on that day?

It does not.

austinp00247 jdarksun
    kime mamawolf

Wait, Austin is a host person. Man this is going to be confusing. Scratch my vote for the omniscient host to being criminal charges against us

Moridin889 wrote: »
    Wait, Austin is a host person. Man this is going to be confusing. Scratch my vote for the omniscient host to being criminal charges against us

yfAwXWI.gif
    Wouldn't you want an omniscient person bringing criminal charges?
    Unless of course you are mafia Moridin889

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    5gr1zbu1peoe.png

Give me a chance to read the thread and I'll have some votes up.

Do we get to see how each judge voted on a case, or do we just get our results in "Two voted for, one against" style?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    If i have things correct, only 38thdoe or kime could have brought criminal charges against me, so i'm red voting for one of them. I have no reason to elect different judges since i don't have any information on them. I will wait until at least one ruling of theirs before I vote for any changing of the guard.

Gizzy, Jdark, MamaWolf
    ZH, SOE

Otherwise i would red vote for one of the folks that didn't nominate themselves for anything.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    Alright, since we're trying to keep these positions rotating, JaysonFour, JusticeforPluto, Jpants and Lostninja, SaberOverEasy

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Witch charge a person get if he's voted for both judge and DA? The OP says you can't be both, but doesn't say witch one you get...

edited April 2018
    Preda wrote: »
    Witch charge a person get if he's voted for both judge and DA? The OP says you can't be both, but doesn't say witch one you get...
    In the event that there are not enough players to hold all five offices, the Judge positions must be filled before the District Attorney positions

discrider on
    All witch charges result in getting burned at the stake.

I am somewhat experienced in the area of witch charges.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I don't think I understand Conviction here. So players would be able to talk and not vote or do actions? What even is the point?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453

In re Zombie Hero (civil action)
    Index number 01-08
    Temporary Injunction

Don't convict good lawyers, and convict bad ones to win the game?