As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Alchemist Code] Yauras, we hardly knew ye

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    They also lowered the 5* rate for the free 10 draws

Happy Anniversary!

Anyway, I got Mei Fang from the players choice thing, wouldn't have been my first choice but it's far from terrible since I only had her at lb5

Wait what? Why would you do that? Isn't the point of free draws to show how fun pulling is so people make paid pulls? Weird.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    They also lowered the 5* rate for the free 10 draws

Happy Anniversary!

Anyway, I got Mei Fang from the players choice thing, wouldn't have been my first choice but it's far from terrible since I only had her at lb5

Me too! Mei Fang at 78 is definitely a lot more usable than at 67.

• Options
    SiracSirac Registered User regular
    Got a big load of nothing on my 10 pulls - two reds and they were both Zahar.

Free 5 star was Othima, though. Who is one of the two I was hoping for, so that's good!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I rolled both the free pull and the 500 gem FMA one. I got Mei Fang and Albea. You know, a 5* base machinist sounds great but right now I kinda tossed too much equipment at Carol to shift gears.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Got Hawkeye from a 10% ticket and Mustang from the 500-gem pull. Yay!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I hope they have another one so I can get Hughes and Armstrong. Any Armstrong.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Olivier too OP

• Options
    Alright, was able to get Anastasia's J+ done pretty fast, so now I don't need to worry about Blood Wolf rerun anymore (Well, except for daily gold+apples)

Might actually put Soldier Logi in my Light slot while the event is up

• Options
    Ugh. Hawkeye's EX isn't all that hard, but that is a hell of a lot of HP to chew through, and that Diablo somehow had absurd evasion on top of that.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I brought Lofia as an enchanter to null wave him. Got rid of his evasion buff.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    EggyToast wrote: »
    I brought Lofia as an enchanter to null wave him. Got rid of his evasion buff.

Ooh, nice. I hadn't even noticed that it was a buff.

• Options
    It's one of those stages where the collab unit has an advantage for that stage

Riza can Null Wave shot dudes, kind of like how on Edward's EX he can place a block to prevent the HB from shooting over and murdering someone

• Options
    Free draws today got my Lucretia to 75, so I'm pretty jazzed about that

Finally have a better Professor

• Options
    I swear, Fraise is going to hit 85 on nothing but free draws.

• Options
    Welp, I'm story stuck. The sequence for the next stage bugs out and never finishes, and I can't seem to skip it.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Drascin wrote: »
    Welp, I'm story stuck. The sequence for the next stage bugs out and never finishes, and I can't seem to skip it.

Is it the bit where Edgar is just falling forever?

I think I just literally had to wait it out, IIRC

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Some cutscenes also gave me black screen errors. If you hit the upper right corner you can skip them, even though the skip button is hidden.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Well, final day of 70 free draws got me a dupe Zahar and a dupe Yomi

Feels like a fitting close to this

Saving my Zahar shards for his kaigan at least

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Yeah I clearly don't have the stats to do any kind of EX quest no matter how many times I might be willing to retry. I tried the fullmetal one, and basically a dude got knocked into my guys, murdered my mercenary in one shot, then Teona in another shot, while the only person in the team able to hit him for more than 5 damage was Neica.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    FMA EXes are abnormally difficult, for what it's worth

These have easily been the hardest ones yet, these EX stages feel like other events EX+ stages

EDIT: Also, aside from the final part of the FMA collab (Really, Gumi, you gave Envy friggin Miroku? Goddamnit)

Tomorrow starts the rerun of Gormalas J+ event, which is one of the only ones left I missed.

Also Chapter 3 Episode 4 Act 1 for those caught up on the story

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Freebie FMA ticket got me the only other character I wanted from this, King Bradley

Shame I don't have the shards to scoop up a couple more 5* tickets

• Options
    I got Riza, which, hey, nice by me. With Alphonse and Riza, I'm only missing Armstrong to have all the best characters in FMA, and that one isn't even in this game, so.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Need to sit down this week and grind out Roy's glove and Bradley's swords

And enough coins to get all of Envy's shit done

Also Gormalas J+ and his swimsuit!

Still a bit sad I never got Al's transmutation circle gear, but now that character skins are actually in the shop for their correct price, I've got HARD CHOICES

I think I'm definitely grabbing Zahar, but not sure after that

EDIT: Aw dip, Zahar skin isn't in yet, humbug

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Looks like they added new characters to the soul coin shop

Just saw Setsuna, Jin, and Tamamo
    EDIT: Also Gormalas, Sophia, and Nasairo

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Bunch of new units in the soul coin shop; worthwhile for y'all to get those 3-star units maxed out, since you likely have them at max LB after you evolve them, so you can cash in those soul coins and get some 5 star shards.

• Options
    Decel paid Balt's way to 80

• Options
    What's the best choice for grinding out the unique equipment shards for the FMA folks? Assuming the best I can reliably clear is up to around the middle of the intermediate stages, would I get more shards for, say, Ed's coat on Apprentice levels 11/12, or Intermediate level 2?

(This is only an issue because the game decided to drop Ed, Roy, and Pride on me today, so now I have to farm up 720 equipment shards before the end of the event. And I'm trying to avoid having to buy them because damnit I want some of those discounted skins.)

• Options
    Shoot me a friend request and use mercs to clear all the missions. I'm pretty sure half my Merc lineup could solo the entire event.

• Options
    Sirac it's not so bad -- most stages drop the pieces in sets of 5. Even if you're new, the Apprentice version of the stages drops about the same amount as the Master.

In general, the best way to find event stages for that is to go into the unit, get them up to job level 9, and then tap on their equipment to see the pieces. Tap "fuse" and then tap again on the shards, and when you tap *again* it should show you a list of stages. The stages are in order of both difficulty and the quality of the drops, *usually*, but not always.

Anyway, find the highest ranked level you can do and just repeat that. It will take a while (I use a macro personally) but definitely doable over 2 weeks.

• Options
    EggyToast wrote: »
    Sirac it's not so bad -- most stages drop the pieces in sets of 5. Even if you're new, the Apprentice version of the stages drops about the same amount as the Master.

In general, the best way to find event stages for that is to go into the unit, get them up to job level 9, and then tap on their equipment to see the pieces. Tap "fuse" and then tap again on the shards, and when you tap *again* it should show you a list of stages. The stages are in order of both difficulty and the quality of the drops, *usually*, but not always.

Anyway, find the highest ranked level you can do and just repeat that. It will take a while (I use a macro personally) but definitely doable over 2 weeks.

Okay, cool. That had been my big worry - that those later stages gave, like, 2-3 times more and being stuck on the earlier ones would make it harder than it needed to be. If it's not that big a difference I'm more than happy to just auto-battle my way through a lower version a bunch of times while I watch TV or something.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Decided to do the third step on the anniversary banner, since I didn't have much better to spend my gems on

My 150 shard unit ended up being Jin, which is definitely one of the top units I wanted from the banner

EDIT: Hopefully we get Warrior JEs sometime relatively soon

Gigante is such a stupid fun JE

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Went up to the fourth step, since it's it 365 gems. Got Jin, Setsuna, and my third step was Balt, so he's now level 83!

• Options
    Nice. In non-pull news, I am very happy to report that after trying for probably around 10 hours, split up over the last week or so, I finally completed the All-Water run for Flame+Hawk. And, apparently the experience I put into it paid off because I also got no-deaths out of it.

Man, what a nightmare. What's frustrating about it is that there's a couple weird quirks to expose that are (perhaps obviously) not exposed by going into the level. It's only after you either play around a bunch OR follow someone else's guide that you see such things. The Waginau aggro range is pretty well discussed (there's a helpful graphic on Reddit) but I also found a new mechanic:

If you stack spells, enemies appear to ignore AOE casts. Normally, when you cast a spell that doesn't lock on to a unit, enemies will move to exploit that (either moving out of target range or, if you lock on to them, they'll move next to you so you nuke yourself). However, if you cast another spell like a buff, they only seem to check 1 spell deep, and will waltz into an AOE. I found this out because there's a strat for the water-only EX+ that involves a Noctis and Othima. Noctis casts blizzaga and Othima uses Enchanter to buff his mag. However, if Noctis goes first, the bugs stay away from the AOE, even if the mag buff spell would come first in cast order. However, if Othima goes first, the bugs walk into the Blizzaga target none the wiser.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Bought Jin's character skin entirely because he'll probably end up Warrior main as his best job for awhile once we get Warrior JE, and Warrior looks fucking stupid

Probably grab one or two more before they go away, leaning toward Dorothea just because of how unique it looks and how useful she is, dunno what else

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I grabbed Shayna's for the obvious reason(s) and Aswald's because her cape is dope AF. Magnus's skin looks cool but I haven't even looked into building him up yet despite him being level 78.

• Options
    Looking at this Sunblade Prometheus I have and wondering if it's worth 100 gold gear shards to have arguably a better weapon than Excalibur for Zain

• Options
    Personally, I'd wait until you're using Zain on a map and think "well, that sucked; if I had this Sunblade thingy at 5 for its WA then I would do much better."

Looks like we're getting two more Sacred Lancers tomorrow, with Daisy (long overdue) and Priscilla. Both are sort of mid-range due to their low AGI, although Priscilla is probably the better of the two. Daisy's HB gives her nice nuking capabilities, although that's already handled by Leoniaz (who most people also don't have at 75 as well). Daisy has very strong long-term potential though, with a very good J+ about a year out.

• Options
    Since I am not incredibly concerned with getting Daisy or Priscilla just yet, I did a 500 gem draw on the final FMA banner and ended up with a dupe Bradley, probably be able to get him to at least 67-ish just with Bradley shards before FMA is done. It'll be awhile before my Thunder shards recover from Roxanne.

Also that guaranteed elemental 5* banner would be a lot cooler if you could pick an element, rather than going through the list in order.

Still sitting on around 1600 gems, thinking about dumping most of that into the character skin store. Someone on reddit posted a picture of the Flamel skin and he has a tail and that has really made things more difficult.

• Options
    I...have gotten more of the skins than I probably should have, if I'm being honest. But they really do make most of them look so much better, and I don't see any need to pull heavily on anything coming up, so I don't really regret it.

Also: woo, good pull today. Nothing on the last FMA banner, but step 1 on the other one came with one red and had 3 others break up to red. That got me:
    Mielikki #2 (pretty useless right now, but apparently she gets a good J+ down the line?)
    Ravina #2 (decently useful now and even better later, I'd just need to farm up the equipment for her)
    And both of the new spear ladies. Looking at the JP info, Priscilla is solid and Daisy is eventually top tier, and they both get hard quests so I don't need to worry about shards

Also also, I think this might have been discussed back up the thread but I can't find it right now. At what point should I realistically be able to expect to clear at least EX missions? 4 characters at level 75 with at least one job mastered, or do they need all three masteries?

• Options
    How do you even see what the skins look like? The shop does not show them that I can see.