As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    What food did Reggie always order in the company cafeteria?

Reggie is fed promptly at 11:15 every morning. They use an underground elevator to lift a live goat into his pen.

Reggies don't want to be fed, they want to hunt!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Yeah sure I guess I can buy Diablo 3 a fourth time, why not?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Whats on Koji Kondo's playlist, Dover. You can tell me.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    What food did Reggie always order in the company cafeteria?

Trick question.

Reggie makes a personal Bigfoot pizza by hand, every day.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I work with disabled kids and that means playing video games with them sometimes. They are going to go nuts when I hook up my Switch and see Diablo 3 on it. Thanks for local co-op play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Athenor wrote: »
    now that the cat is out of the bag, I can confirm that it includes everything ever released for D3.

I know you can't say, but I gotta wonder what it has been like sitting on this news and being all giddy waiting to talk about it. :)

Man, people have a lot of free time and energy to spend with this silly nightlight thing.
    No, there's no Blizz games planned for the switch. No, they "shouldn't have know better".

n2CWXN7F1KYHH.png

well that WAS true back then
    also this kinda showed up very very recently. And I still know nothing about the possible other Diablo projects

I did get to play D3 back in the day long before any sort of alpha. It was hard making progress before they had saves and waypoints working.
    I also wish I'd get a key for D3Switch, but chances are pretty null.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Really? Do you think people's response to the night light thing led them to look into it?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    now that the cat is out of the bag, I can confirm that it includes everything ever released for D3.

I know you can't say, but I gotta wonder what it has been like sitting on this news and being all giddy waiting to talk about it. :)

Man, people have a lot of free time and energy to spend with this silly nightlight thing.
    No, there's no Blizz games planned for the switch. No, they "shouldn't have know better".

n2CWXN7F1KYHH.png

also this kinda showed up very very recently. And I still know nothing about the possible other Diablo projects

I did get to play D3 back in the day long before any sort of alpha. It was hard making progress before they had saves and waypoints working.

Stormwatcher, you work for some game magazine/website/something? I feel like everyone knows something I don't? Why would you be sitting on D3 switch info?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

n2CWXN7F1KYHH.png

Stormwatcher, you work for some game magazine/website/something? I feel like everyone knows something I don't? Why would you be sitting on D3 switch info?

Actually, he's Reggie.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    He said on a previous page that D3 is his baby and his name is in the credits.

He is probably the voice actor of Cain.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Diablo 3 on Switch will be $60?! Jeez Louise. That’s a 2012 game, isn’t it? Well I imagine Nintendo will charge 2012 prices for NSMBU if that rumor proves true too. I don’t blame them for wanting to make money and I’m sure it’ll sell but it’s just bleh to me.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Diablo 3 on Switch will be $60?! Jeez Louise. That’s a 2012 game, isn’t it? Well I imagine Nintendo will charge 2012 prices for NSMBU if that rumor proves true too. I don’t blame them for wanting to make money and I’m sure it’ll sell but it’s just bleh to me.

The $60 should pretty much be expected at this point, regardless of the game or release dates. Anything less than full cost is a plus. Hell, even normal D3 is still around $30 and doesn't include the $15 DLC pack. Not much of a price difference to be honest.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I think I’ll continue to not expect those kinds of prices. Because expecting it will lead to accepting it.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I think I’ll continue to not expect those kinds of prices. Because expecting it will lead to accepting it.

Unfortunately, the consumer base has been accepting it since 2005.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Full price ports of old ass games was not a common practice before the Switch. It happened once in a while, but it was not the norm.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I don't have any problem paying $60 for what was originally $120+ of content plus a ton of free updates and polish that evolved over several years after the original release of the game and expansion.

I mean "worth" and "value" are fairly subjective but I don't see a problem with that price point at all.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Nintendo would port NSMBU and not SM3DW just to spite me.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

"Fuck this guy in particular" - Nintendo, probably.

edzepp on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Absolute zero chance.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    I never understand complaining about the price of things. If you want a thing, decide if the price is worth it for you, and then buy it or don't. Everything ends up at least half off pretty quickly these days, so wait if you want it at a cheaper price.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, I want another NSMB just for the multiplayer.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular

I’m sure $60 is a mistake anyway. They forgot to add the $10 switch tax.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Full price ports of old ass games was not a common practice before the Switch. It happened once in a while, but it was not the norm.

Wasn't it happening like crazy a few years back?

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I don't have any problem paying $60 for what was originally $120+ of content plus a ton of free updates and polish that evolved over several years after the original release of the game and expansion.

I mean "worth" and "value" are fairly subjective but I don't see a problem with that price point at all.

I don't have a problem with paying $60 for a game with all its DLC included. My problem is that there's always an extra $10-20 tacked on to the Switch version compared to other platforms.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

I don't have a problem with paying $60 for a game with all its DLC included. My problem is that there's always an extra $10-20 tacked on to the Switch version compared to other platforms.

I wish I could remember the couple games recently that were actually cheaper on Switch than on Steam, which blew my mind.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular

n2CWXN7F1KYHH.png

Well, depends on what you mean. Was the tweeter of the Diablo light switch aware of the switch port? I have no idea! But the port was being worked on at that point, given that the port took nine months to complete.

https://kotaku.com/the-diablo-iii-switch-port-took-nine-months-1828400479

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

https://store.playstation.com/de-de/product/EP0002-CUSA00433_00-D3ETERNALCOLL000

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I'd honestly be into a "New Super Mario All-Stars" -- all four (five, if you want to count New Super Luigi U separately) together with HD graphics.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Hey look, it's overpriced there too.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I don't particularly agree with the notion that any game past some predetermined date must never be sold for full price.

That said, when the same game is available for much cheaper elsewhere, it's not a good look.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I never understand complaining about the price of things. If you want a thing, decide if the price is worth it for you, and then buy it or don't. Everything ends up at least half off pretty quickly these days, so wait if you want it at a cheaper price.

Well that and the idea that a company is obligated to charge any price other than what they think the market will bare, based on arbitrary criteria like the age of the original game, the amount of content, development quality, etc. If Blizzard thinks that $60 is the price point that will generate the most revenue at launch, they'd be throwing money away to release it at $40.

Like I get it, you want to pay less for an older game (who doesn't?), but that's not really how businesses work.

Edit: Also there's this story outlining that porting D3 to the Switch took an Iron Galaxy team with support from 8-9 Blizzard staffers 9 months, so it's hardly like they just hit the "port to Switch" button on their build machine and called it a day. These things take time and money.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Guys

Diablo 3 Eternal Edition is $60 everywhere else

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    But it's from twenny twelf

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Played the Monster Hunter demo last night and it was...meh? I admit I don't know how to play and have never played any Monster Hunter before, so I'm going to give it several more tries before I write it off. But overall it felt really clunky and made me want Monster Hunter in BotW's engine and combat style.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Played the Monster Hunter demo last night and it was...meh? I admit I don't know how to play and have never played any Monster Hunter before, so I'm going to give it several more tries before I write it off. But overall it felt really clunky and made me want Monster Hunter in BotW's engine and combat style.

This is always everyone's first reaction to playing a Monster Hunter demo. The real game introduces concepts much better and more gradually, like a mission to just go collect materials and learn how to use items/general movement.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Monster Hunter World is a pretty good entry point into the franchise. It got me to like Monster Hunter after previously hating it, though a big part of me liking it comes from the palicos. Gimmie a game that looks like MHW, but lets me play as a Palico and I'm good to go.

MHW had me considering the MH game coming to Switch, but I don't know if I want to roll back on those QoL improvements.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Monster Hunter World is a pretty good entry point into the franchise. It got me to like Monster Hunter after previously hating it, though a big part of me liking it comes from the palicos. Gimmie a game that looks like MHW, but lets me play as a Palico and I'm good to go.

MHW had me considering the MH game coming to Switch, but I don't know if I want to roll back on those QoL improvements.

I'd 100% recommend World as well, it's so fucking good.

I'm going to get MHGU expressly because how much I enjoyed World, and I'm looking for something different to play. I am still very tentative on how much I'll actually like MHGU though.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Guys

https://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-PlayStation-4/dp/B07DR2LS4Z?th=1

$40 physical for PS4. :bigfrown:

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Guys

https://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-PlayStation-4/dp/B07DR2LS4Z?th=1

$40 physical for PS4. :bigfrown:

Err that's weird....The digital version on the PS Store is $60.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I was going to preorder Diablo 3 just now on Amazon with Prime for a discount but they have that policy now about no discounts on rereleases. So I am going to go out of my way to buy it anywhere else.