Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Painting Miniatures] What colour is the best colour to paint your miniatures?

1246745

Posts

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Give them a bath in simple green.

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    DiannaoChong
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Damn

    I have significantly more Simple Green than primer or money.

    Nova_C wrote: »
    "I'm arresting you for failing to check yourself. You have the right to wreck yourself."
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I’d douse the grainy gaunts in some sort of slime technical paint and make it look like they were just birthed to hide the badly cured paint.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    FroThulhuDiannaoChongElvenshaeKhraul
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Hmmmm...

    Primed a bunch of hormagaunts, and they're all... textured.

    Can I lightly sand this, or am I boned?

    Depending on the amount of fuzz, if it is fuzz, can be brushed away with an old toothbrush. Might want to try a soft scrub before you dip and rip it off.

    akirasig.jpg
    FroThulhuDiannaoChong
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    It's not so bad on some, and pretty bad on others. On some of them, it's just on one side.

    I think I might have problems with my spraying method/posture.

    This happened with my first twenty or so genestealers, way back, like... twenty years ago. Except it looked awesome on them because I was using black primer and a dark color scheme (the beginner's best friend), and the purple I had at the time dried this gorgeous, shiny, almost opalescent color. It was almost like real insect carapace.

    That color no longer exists, and I'm using the Hive Fleet Oroboris scheme.

    Nova_C wrote: »
    "I'm arresting you for failing to check yourself. You have the right to wreck yourself."
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How long does primer stay good for? I've had some in the garage for close to a year and I was gonna try to using the airbrush again after the very poor results from last time.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Stragint wrote: »
    How long does primer stay good for? I've had some in the garage for close to a year and I was gonna try to using the airbrush again after the very poor results from last time.

    I found several cans of GW primer and colored spray paint in my parent's basement recently that was probably close to 20 years old.

    53NcjbDl.jpg

    Still works. Also a can used to be $8. :(

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    StragintCustom SpecialElvenshaeKhraulFroThulhu
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Stragint wrote: »
    How long does primer stay good for? I've had some in the garage for close to a year and I was gonna try to using the airbrush again after the very poor results from last time.

    I found several cans of GW primer and colored spray paint in my parent's basement recently that was probably close to 20 years old.

    53NcjbDl.jpg

    Still works. Also a can used to be $8. :(

    Cool, now I just need to find the paint I bought for the airbrush back then and watch some tutorials for airbrushing again.

    Edit: was watching the airbrush tutorial I watched back when I tried the first time. I think I figured out why my airbrush looked so bad. The video I watched was using regular model paint and used flow improver and I had bought air brush paint and used flow improver. Not sure if it actually matters but might have been why it didn't come out well.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    What would you reasonably want to prime with goblin green.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    A different, worse colour
    Goblins.

    website_header.jpg
    TacoForceSmokeStacksJam WarriorNipsKetBraExtreaminatusElvenshaeKhraulSharp101FroThulhuAlistair HuttonIanatorSolar
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    Stragint wrote: »
    How long does primer stay good for? I've had some in the garage for close to a year and I was gonna try to using the airbrush again after the very poor results from last time.

    I found several cans of GW primer and colored spray paint in my parent's basement recently that was probably close to 20 years old.

    53NcjbDl.jpg

    Still works. Also a can used to be $8. :(

    Literally everything about the hobby/GW has doubled in price. Yay inflation and greed.

    (Also damn that bleached bone would make painting the rest of my undead easier, and the other colors are nice too)

    bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
    DiannaoChongFroThulhu
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Badablack wrote: »
    What would you reasonably want to prime with goblin green.

    In 1998? Literally all of your bases.

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    KetBraSmokeStacksFroThulhu
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    What would you reasonably want to prime with goblin green.

    In 1998? Literally all of your bases.

    The lush verdant grass fields of the underhive...

    f1c736bad1d18f2a90feac7a1060ce4f.jpg

    TingleSigBar.gif
    ElvenshaeKhraulNipsDiannaoChongFroThulhuvalhalla130
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    Purple
    My son popped his new SC Chaos Space Marines box last nigtht and got his first mini together (Aspiring Champion w/ Nurgle helm) :biggrin:

    He's super excited to start painting.

    3839c98lx2ti.jpg

    Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    NipsExtreaminatusVikingSmokeStacksDiannaoChongNechriahStragintFroThulhuIanator
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Primed my Infinity list. Can't really tell because of the lighting. Gonna do the main pieces of armor orange with black and white for the trim, maybe some blue or light blue in places where it feels right.

    I don't really want to use the air brush but I feel like it is a huge waste not to since I bought it but I don't feel confident.

    DlyIptI.jpg

    These are pictures of old Necron and Warmachines stuff I painted like 8 or so years ago.
    5OyAB4o.jpg
    XNpB0WP.jpg
    2DWcj4g.jpg
    NnnhKgC.jpg
    PqrGbhA.jpg
    ruUhfRt.jpg

    I need to get black primer for my Necrons.

    My phone does not take good pictures

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    ElvenshaeDiannaoChongBetsuniKhraul
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How long does primer stay good for? I've had some in the garage for close to a year and I was gonna try to using the airbrush again after the very poor results from last time.

    I found several cans of GW primer and colored spray paint in my parent's basement recently that was probably close to 20 years old.

    53NcjbDl.jpg

    Still works. Also a can used to be $8. :(

    My brother has a can of Chaos black that has sat around for years how good can it be when my paint being over 20 is utter crap

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Finished airbrushing the Infinity unit and when I can buy them I'm gonna buy paint for details and touch ups. I did about 4 layers starting at a dark orange, less dark, less dark with drops of white, and then brighter orange. They don't look terrible and there is a surprising amount of detail, almost none lost except the faces look a little weird and slight clumping in spots. I'm not too worried about it.

    The one thing that does bother me is the texture. Feels kind of rubbery I guess, I really don't like it. Pretty sure I could just scratch off the paint. Not sure what to do about it.

    Pictures show the progression. Last picture is the final product.

    2C1rW4a.jpg
    kqhIDhZ.jpg
    64LRzKb.jpg

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    NipsBetsuniArcticLancerInquisitorDiannaoChong
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Also?

    That insectile color I mentioned before?

    Still exists, only it's called Naggaroth Night now.

    How do I know this? Because it's on my new Tyranids. I drybrushed it onto a Warrior about and hour after that post. Total surprise.

    The more things change...

    Nova_C wrote: »
    "I'm arresting you for failing to check yourself. You have the right to wreck yourself."
    ElvenshaeKhraulCalica
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Purple
    It's a guess, but maybe you went a little heavy across the coats? I'm going by the spider-bot looking solid in the first picture, but then there being some very noticable texturing along the top in the 2nd photo, and that still seeming kinda visible in the 3rd. Whatever the case, it's a nice orange/red.

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    It's a guess, but maybe you went a little heavy across the coats? I'm going by the spider-bot looking solid in the first picture, but then there being some very noticable texturing along the top in the 2nd photo, and that still seeming kinda visible in the 3rd. Whatever the case, it's a nice orange/red.

    Yea, I think that might be the issue. I'm kind of bummed out about it. I want to fix it but the only think I can think of is trying to strip them but last time I did that it was a nightmare.

    What works well for stripping pewter models? I tried simple green last time and it did not work very well. I used acrylic airbrush paint and army painter primer.

    I really like how they came out too, the color is basically exactly what I wanted but I just can't get over the texture issues.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    A different, worse colour
    Finished my first mini in like... 15 years today


    sTSgAcO.jpg?1

    Still need to base it and do the ultramarines shoulder, but pretty ok with how it turned out in the end. Botched the eye lenses, but wasn't surprised with that, I probably need a smaller brush, too. Few other little things I want to clean up, too.

    KetBra on
    ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
    LanlaornBetsuniVikingBadablackStragintArcticLancerElvenshaeNipsFroThulhuDaPaladinMazzyxIanatorvalhalla130
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    A different, worse colour
    Stragint wrote: »
    It's a guess, but maybe you went a little heavy across the coats? I'm going by the spider-bot looking solid in the first picture, but then there being some very noticable texturing along the top in the 2nd photo, and that still seeming kinda visible in the 3rd. Whatever the case, it's a nice orange/red.

    Yea, I think that might be the issue. I'm kind of bummed out about it. I want to fix it but the only think I can think of is trying to strip them but last time I did that it was a nightmare.

    What works well for stripping pewter models? I tried simple green last time and it did not work very well. I used acrylic airbrush paint and army painter primer.

    I really like how they came out too, the color is basically exactly what I wanted but I just can't get over the texture issues.

    Since they're pewter models, just pick up some acetone at the drug store. Take them off the bases first so that you don't ruin those, unless you have spares.

    BrainleechStragint
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    Stragint wrote: »
    It's a guess, but maybe you went a little heavy across the coats? I'm going by the spider-bot looking solid in the first picture, but then there being some very noticable texturing along the top in the 2nd photo, and that still seeming kinda visible in the 3rd. Whatever the case, it's a nice orange/red.

    Yea, I think that might be the issue. I'm kind of bummed out about it. I want to fix it but the only think I can think of is trying to strip them but last time I did that it was a nightmare.

    What works well for stripping pewter models? I tried simple green last time and it did not work very well. I used acrylic airbrush paint and army painter primer.

    I really like how they came out too, the color is basically exactly what I wanted but I just can't get over the texture issues.

    Since they're pewter models, just pick up some acetone at the drug store. Take them off the bases first so that you don't ruin those, unless you have spares.

    Alright, I'll give that a try and do it this weekend. How long does it usually take to soak them?

    Part of me wants to accept my failure and just keep going with where they are at but I want them to look and feel better. Mostly feel better.

    Edit: is an ultra sonic cleaner a worth while investment or not worth it if I plan on not cleaning models that often?

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid, it’s all good.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    BrainleechArcticLancer
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    A different, worse colour
    Badablack wrote: »
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid*, it’s all good.

    *don't actually dunk them in acid

    ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
    FroThulhu
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    KetBra wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid*, it’s all good.

    *don't actually dunk them in acid

    Shit

    I'm just hoping all the paint comes off. I don't want to lose any detail. I'm gonna try some flow improver this time around to see if it helps keep the coats thin. I used flow improver the first time I used the airbrush months ago which I contributed to my failure back then earlier in the thread but maybe it will be good.

    The tutorial I'm watching is good but also just odd to me. The guy does multiple thin coats with each color laying and the model comes out looking amazing. He was doing a mech from infinity and did multiple thin coats with two yellows then multiple thin coats with the lighter of those two, then multiple coats with the current yellow and another lighter yellow, and then multiple coats with the lighter yellow.

    I think I just need to get down layering lightly.

    I also kind of want to strip the Necrons I bought a few years ago. They are really well painted but the color scheme is not to my liking so I might by an ultra sonic cleaner for them then since they are plastic. I might also just keep them how they are though cause they do look good.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid*, it’s all good.

    *don't actually dunk them in acid

    Shit

    I'm just hoping all the paint comes off. I don't want to lose any detail. I'm gonna try some flow improver this time around to see if it helps keep the coats thin. I used flow improver the first time I used the airbrush months ago which I contributed to my failure back then earlier in the thread but maybe it will be good.

    The tutorial I'm watching is good but also just odd to me. The guy does multiple thin coats with each color laying and the model comes out looking amazing. He was doing a mech from infinity and did multiple thin coats with two yellows then multiple thin coats with the lighter of those two, then multiple coats with the current yellow and another lighter yellow, and then multiple coats with the lighter yellow.

    I think I just need to get down layering lightly.

    I also kind of want to strip the Necrons I bought a few years ago. They are really well painted but the color scheme is not to my liking so I might by an ultra sonic cleaner for them then since they are plastic. I might also just keep them how they are though cause they do look good.

    I really found 91% isopropyl is really good to clean plastic models

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid*, it’s all good.

    *don't actually dunk them in acid

    Shit

    I'm just hoping all the paint comes off. I don't want to lose any detail. I'm gonna try some flow improver this time around to see if it helps keep the coats thin. I used flow improver the first time I used the airbrush months ago which I contributed to my failure back then earlier in the thread but maybe it will be good.

    The tutorial I'm watching is good but also just odd to me. The guy does multiple thin coats with each color laying and the model comes out looking amazing. He was doing a mech from infinity and did multiple thin coats with two yellows then multiple thin coats with the lighter of those two, then multiple coats with the current yellow and another lighter yellow, and then multiple coats with the lighter yellow.

    I think I just need to get down layering lightly.

    I also kind of want to strip the Necrons I bought a few years ago. They are really well painted but the color scheme is not to my liking so I might by an ultra sonic cleaner for them then since they are plastic. I might also just keep them how they are though cause they do look good.

    I really found 91% isopropyl is really good to clean plastic models

    Just checked and I have some at 99%, will that have an adverse impact on the plastic? Also, how long should I let them soak in isopropyl?

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid*, it’s all good.

    *don't actually dunk them in acid

    Shit

    I'm just hoping all the paint comes off. I don't want to lose any detail. I'm gonna try some flow improver this time around to see if it helps keep the coats thin. I used flow improver the first time I used the airbrush months ago which I contributed to my failure back then earlier in the thread but maybe it will be good.

    The tutorial I'm watching is good but also just odd to me. The guy does multiple thin coats with each color laying and the model comes out looking amazing. He was doing a mech from infinity and did multiple thin coats with two yellows then multiple thin coats with the lighter of those two, then multiple coats with the current yellow and another lighter yellow, and then multiple coats with the lighter yellow.

    I think I just need to get down layering lightly.

    I also kind of want to strip the Necrons I bought a few years ago. They are really well painted but the color scheme is not to my liking so I might by an ultra sonic cleaner for them then since they are plastic. I might also just keep them how they are though cause they do look good.

    I really found 91% isopropyl is really good to clean plastic models

    Just checked and I have some at 99%, will that have an adverse impact on the plastic? Also, how long should I let them soak in isopropyl?

    I meant 91 to 99%
    I just do it for a day or two and see how it's effecting it as I did clean a tau battlesuit I got that I tired to paint but I had no idea what I was doing
    Still it cleaned it nearly back to the plastic a good scrub took care of the stuff that did not fall off

    I would recommend you use a jar you can seal so the vapors don't wiff away

  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    edited May 22
    Things that happen when you have blu-tac and two minis stand too close to each other.

    qz3yxeqxh2mk.png

    Echo on
    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    honovereBetsuniKoregKhraulKetBraNipsMazzyxIanatorDraevenDiannaoChong
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    Purple
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    KetBra wrote: »
    Badablack wrote: »
    A toothbrush and some toothpicks are all you should really need. The fancy stuff is mostly for plastic models where you have to be careful what you use to strip them so gunk sticks to the model, but you can use whatever you want on pewter. Dunk em in acid*, it’s all good.

    *don't actually dunk them in acid

    Shit

    I'm just hoping all the paint comes off. I don't want to lose any detail. I'm gonna try some flow improver this time around to see if it helps keep the coats thin. I used flow improver the first time I used the airbrush months ago which I contributed to my failure back then earlier in the thread but maybe it will be good.

    The tutorial I'm watching is good but also just odd to me. The guy does multiple thin coats with each color laying and the model comes out looking amazing. He was doing a mech from infinity and did multiple thin coats with two yellows then multiple thin coats with the lighter of those two, then multiple coats with the current yellow and another lighter yellow, and then multiple coats with the lighter yellow.

    I think I just need to get down layering lightly.

    I also kind of want to strip the Necrons I bought a few years ago. They are really well painted but the color scheme is not to my liking so I might by an ultra sonic cleaner for them then since they are plastic. I might also just keep them how they are though cause they do look good.

    I really found 91% isopropyl is really good to clean plastic models

    Just checked and I have some at 99%, will that have an adverse impact on the plastic? Also, how long should I let them soak in isopropyl?

    I meant 91 to 99%
    I just do it for a day or two and see how it's effecting it as I did clean a tau battlesuit I got that I tired to paint but I had no idea what I was doing
    Still it cleaned it nearly back to the plastic a good scrub took care of the stuff that did not fall off

    I would recommend you use a jar you can seal so the vapors don't wiff away
    If you're using isopropyl alcohol, you would want to put them in a jar less for the vapors and more so that it doesn't evaporate in 12 hours. :P
    Yes, I'm exaggerating somewhat, but I once forgot to put the cap on a bottle overnight and did lose like a solid inch (maybe even 2 - it was a while ago) of liquid. <_<
    Stragint wrote: »
    The tutorial I'm watching is good but also just odd to me. The guy does multiple thin coats with each color laying and the model comes out looking amazing. He was doing a mech from infinity and did multiple thin coats with two yellows then multiple thin coats with the lighter of those two, then multiple coats with the current yellow and another lighter yellow, and then multiple coats with the lighter yellow.

    I think I just need to get down layering lightly.
    If you're watching the tutorial I think you're watching, I'm also mad jealous of how easy he makes shit look. You're sort of right with your comment about layering. Making sure you don't put down too much paint is really important. But besides that, the biggest factor is definitely paint consistency. You've got to make sure the paint is thinned right, and it's really hard to work that out any other way than practice and trial and error.

    But good on you for wanting to do it right. Stripping models sucks, but in the end it's usually the right call. Better to be happy with them than simply done, right?

    ArcticLancer on
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    Purple
    Hey guys, I need your help.

    I am trying to chase down some Servo-Skulls. the Forgeworld ones are out of stock(and listed as last chance to buy) and the only other ones I know of are in the Devastator Space Marine kit (I would prefer not to pay $80AUD just for 2 servo-skulls if I can help it)

    Anyone know of another storefront that carries them? or another suggestion?
    thanks

    Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • ElaroElaro Bleeding MonumentRegistered User regular
    Purple
    Skulls plus green stuff? Idk man.

    Oct1o4x.png
    Derp derp I'm a smurf
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    A different, worse colour
    KetBra wrote: »
    Finished my first mini in like... 15 years today


    sTSgAcO.jpg?1

    Still need to base it and do the ultramarines shoulder, but pretty ok with how it turned out in the end. Botched the eye lenses, but wasn't surprised with that, I probably need a smaller brush, too. Few other little things I want to clean up, too.

    holy shit is it so much easier to do eye lenses with an actual detail brush.

    ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
    VikingInquisitorKhraul
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    There’s servo skulls in the Admech sicaran infiltrator box too, do ebay bits sites not send stuff to Australia?

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    Purple
    they do, but the ones I looked at charge insane postage

    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Kromlech does some Skull Drones if third party stuff is alright.

    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    [Expletive deleted]
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    Purple
    oooh, those have definite potential.
    thank you

    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Puppets War might have something too.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The new Necromunda book has some rules for servo skulls that require having a mini, so that might have caused a small run on the bits supply out there.

    TingleSigBar.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.