As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've had cats that hate hats too.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had cats that hate hats too.

Well they consider hats part of a hurtful stereotype

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    What Im hearing is that Im part dog.

Because if you start wearing a hat or shave your beard you now qualify as a DIFFERENT PERSON and I will be unsure about things.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2020
    face blind, eh?

tynic on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    This Is The Dog Breed That Can't Bark 3:43
    https://youtu.be/a_l8clNndZ4

Our younger dog is a basenji mix, and he doesn't have the full yodel but his bark is weird as shit.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    My kittens are learning that the kitchen counters contain interesting things.

Like butter to lick!

And baloney pieces after we've made our kid lunch!

And hey- if you jump on the counter you can jump on the fridge, and up on top of the shelves near the ceiling!

Uuuuuuuugh. my last cats were older, overweight and pretty well trained when we moved in so we didn't have any of these issues.

I don't have the photo of the kitten up near the ceiling looking smug anywhere I can link it but will do eventually...

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Time to buy a nerf gun I guess.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Time to buy a nerf gun I guess.

I use a nerf gun to keep duck off the tv stand and printer and stuff.

Or I try to... Sometimes he gets all puffed up and is like "yeah. Shoot me."

My little nerf gun doesn't bother him at all anymore. So I either have to use the rival one that fires the little balls at around 100fps or worse the boomco one that has a modified spring...

I world feel worse about it but he weighs like 22 pounds so he can take it... and won't listen otherwise. Or be distracted if I just fire it down the hall.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    This my new cat
    rypbfzuc31ey.jpg
    I am officially breaking city law now and have 5. He's terrified of everyone and still refuses to eat. Had a brief vet visit and everything seems fine but lord was he not happy.

He was a stray with a broken leg that was living on my BF's porch in a makeshift house with a heating pad but the winter's been so nasty we just grabbed him one day and brought him inside.

he is quite the chomk boy and has already been fixed so i just have to wait out the grumpy.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That's some nice-looking contraband.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    How's he adapting to the other cats? Was he chipped at all?

Good on you and your bf to take him in, especially if he had a broken leg. I'm very much that "I wish I could hug all the cats" person but I live in an apartment building so the likelihood of finding a stray roaming in my area is small. If there is an uncollared stray around, chances are it belongs to someone in the complex.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    How's he adapting to the other cats? Was he chipped at all?

Good on you and your bf to take him in, especially if he had a broken leg. I'm very much that "I wish I could hug all the cats" person but I live in an apartment building so the likelihood of finding a stray roaming in my area is small. If there is an uncollared stray around, chances are it belongs to someone in the complex.

No interactivity with the others yet; he needs his full flea and parasite treatment first. He'll be separate for a few months. No chip.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    keetoom update: He now sits on the other side of the porch door and looks at us through the glass. If he sees my boyfriend (Correct Daddy) he makes constant little questioning chirp-meows which are exactly adorable as they sound.

If he sees me (Unwarrented Daddy) he just stares.

My youngest, Leroy, desperately wants to get on the porch and meet NEW FRIEND.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    The challenges of medicating your cat when you haven't clipped their claws.

blxzj33z1mij.jpg

She "won", for the record. Scampered off before we could give her the liquid medicine and hid and me and my partner are too soft to keep trying with her because we see her stuggling.

We used to use an ointment that can be rubbed on her ear just outside the canal. It mellowed her out a bit but really didn't seem effective enough. She'd still keep licking herself raw. But at least she's getting something compared to this trauma. Even if we do succeed in giving her the medicine, she just dribbles and drools it all out of her mouth because she's so upset.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Have you tried the binder clip thing? It really is helpful.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    3clipse wrote: »

I showed it to my partner (the cat that needs it is more his cat) and he's not comfortable with it. Feels like it would look painful, even though the cat totally doesn't look too disturbed by it and shuts right down. If we did try it, I'd be curious to see how much Moogle struggles, or if she'll foam and drool the medication out once it's in there.

Maybe we'll need to get the vet's opinion when we go in to pick up the ear ointment.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    have you tried bribing it with cash

• Options
    I don't know how they're going to put money in the kitty if they're having trouble with drops of medicine.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options

I showed it to my partner (the cat that needs it is more his cat) and he's not comfortable with it. Feels like it would look painful, even though the cat totally doesn't look too disturbed by it and shuts right down. If we did try it, I'd be curious to see how much Moogle struggles, or if she'll foam and drool the medication out once it's in there.

Maybe we'll need to get the vet's opinion when we go in to pick up the ear ointment.

I can tell you for definite it's not painful for the cat if you do it correctly. Their scruff has few pain receptors in it because it's how their mom hauls them around when they're young (which is also why they have the reflex to "turn off" when their scruff is pulled up and held).

• Options
    I am in the middle of a roughly 24 hour transit marathon but I stopped in to say that as a going-away present the lab puppy ripped out and ate the insoles of both my good hiking boots.
    I can't even be mad, she did when we left her to drink cocktails on my last evening in boston, and I guess picked the only thing she could reach that smelled like me. In a way, it's an expression of love.

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    I am in the middle of a roughly 24 hour transit marathon but I stopped in to say that as a going-away present the lab puppy ripped out and ate the insoles of both my good hiking boots.
    I can't even be mad, she did when we left her to drink cocktails on my last evening in boston, and I guess picked the only thing she could reach that smelled like me. In a way, it's an expression of love.

you should have got her some booze

that is the message here

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    My uncle has raised Basenjis for at least 30 years and they are weird dogs. Always get as high up as they can, so they're usually on the back of the couch.

Here's a picture of 3 of our cats.
    2xh2v4siz31q.jpg

Munji (under the blankets), Walter (he's getting a trim and brushing in the day or two), and Gus. Munji loves to burrow under blankets and you have to be alert so you don't sit on him. He flattens out so much that it can be really hard to tell if he's there. I try to gently poke suspicious lumps under the blankets and wait for a "Mmmrrp."

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Im back at home, Uschi just woke me up at 5am so he could take his teddy bear on a guided tour of the garden. As one does.

(Photo for reference, sans teddy bear)

jolvnpc71w44.jpg

tynic on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Just trying to do my taxes here, cat.

qurzbndc9bdy.jpg

• Options
    Duck has really taken to making me rub his face.

Like... He really likes when I get in there and do like a deep tissue massage around his eyes and temples... It's weird.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    duck thinks you do the best massages

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh good, it's my morning wakeup berner

bctv5jg7hc1v.jpg

Ten seconds later another turned up and I got to be the wrestling mat for 200lb of sibling rivalry.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    That sounds crushingly adorable

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    update: an entente has been reached. Some areas of human occupation may have been sacrificed in the process.

e2lbd289z2vl.jpg

tynic on
  • Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Our local rescue of choice got a whole bunch of new dogs in and now I have to try to talk the wife into adopting this little corgi/"terrier" mix - think they are using that as code for corgi/pit mix.

SD7uuVz.png

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • Options
    I like it when crossbreeds just look like someone photoshopped two different dogs together.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Like... He really likes when I get in there and do like a deep tissue massage around his eyes and temples... It's weird.

One of my friends always makes fun of me for how much I smoosh her cats face but I only started doing it because every time I'm petting him he just shoves his face straight into my palm. Cats are weird sometimes.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I like it when crossbreeds just look like someone photoshopped two different dogs together.

Our younger puppy is a basenji/lab mix and he looks exactly like if you put a black lab and basenji photo together and hit "blend," it's pretty funny.

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

One of my friends always makes fun of me for how much I smoosh her cats face but I only started doing it because every time I'm petting him he just shoves his face straight into my palm. Cats are weird sometimes.

That's what Cammy used to do. (rip Cammy)

But duck takes it step further. He likes when I take my finger tips and get all up on his temples and near his eyes and nose and mouth. He's spoiled.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    So my roommate had a group over for some politics shit and I bounced for a couple of hours to take care of stuff. According to him, my cat went in, meowed real load, and started rolling on the floor, being absolutely adorable in front of everyone. Which she doesn't even do for me. Also I learned my cat was probably an exotic dancer at one point because she was showing off intensely but no one was allowed to touch.

I don't have any actually pictures of when that happened, but I'm sure she looked something like this.

nyd3vkn6muol.jpg

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Our younger puppy is a basenji/lab mix and he looks exactly like if you put a black lab and basenji photo together and hit "blend," it's pretty funny.

I don't know what that would look like.

Hint.

Hint.

Jedoc, it's a hint. Get on the ball over here!

• Options
    9rpc56q936dc.png

You put me on the spot and I panicked and I am sorry.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I really don't think you are.

• Options
    I'm not.

GDdCWMm.jpg