As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bumblepaws mclargehuge

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    How do bowls work??

b1azb8psvlyq.jpg

guv4adfg4i0g.jpg

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    7srscha8wd0o.jpg

I guess I'm not moving my chair ever again?

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That is correct.

Sorry.

(Pupper ain't sorry though.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    that's where you live now

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    My big old cat has a big ole furry belly that she likes big ole furry combed. (She's old is is too arthritic to normally bother grooming anywhere besides her front and her butt.)

With how much loose fur she has I will at somepoint have a cat fur dress. (As opposed to having a cat fur covered dress.)

Gundi on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    2bbw9byeq4rx.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    my sweet baby cedric is dying

o87234u58tdd.jpg

he almost made it to 25 but he's just too tired. It was a long race but he did his best. gonna have so much snuggles this week.

i will terrible miss him.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry, Pink. He looks like a good, handsome boy that you gave an excellent life.

here he is repeatedly telling me to shut the fuck up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1JSqhT3Dvw

25 is an incredible age for a cat

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    my sweet baby cedric is dying

o87234u58tdd.jpg

he almost made it to 25 but he's just too tired. It was a long race but he did his best. gonna have so much snuggles this week.

i will terrible miss him.

25! What a fucking legend!

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Poor grandpa kitty :(

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    No matter how long we get with our pets it's never long enough.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Hey all, I'm sure a lot of you probably already know, but early in June we lost our dear girl Ori.

I finally feel comfortable writing about it a little, but I'm gonna put this in double spoilers because it's a bit of a graphic bummer.
    My wife had taken Ori and Kya out for a morning walk when they were jumped just down the road from our house by two other dogs that had escaped their yard and were wandering the streets. They both went for Ori, dragging her into the street and mauling her. My wife was still trying to protect Kya, but managed to pull one of the dogs away and restrain it at the same time, all while calling me on the phone to come help. She got bitten on the foot in the process. I don't know how she managed it all. She's an absolute superhero in my eyes.

I sprinted from my house to the scene. The other dog still had Ori pinned in the middle of the road, ripping at her neck. There were witnesses standing watching, but nobody was helping her or my wife. I fought the other dog off Ori and some guy arrived and helped me tie both dogs to a tree. Ori had gotten up and managed to drag herself back to our house, waiting at the door, and my wife had run back to get towels to stanch the bleeding. My whole body was numb and I felt like I was moving through a thick fog.

We rushed Ori to the vet. She had severe damage to her entire neck and throat, so they immediately started surgery to try to stabilise her. While we waited, I took my wife to the hospital to get the bite treated. The damage to her foot was not too bad, thankfully, so she just needed some bandaging and antibiotics. She finally started to break down. I was still feeling numb.

I returned to the scene. The guy who helped was still there, monitoring the dogs. He waited with me until the council ranger arrived to take them and get statements.

Ori got through the surgery and they kept her overnight to monitor her progress. The next day she was still stable, but in a lot of pain. The vet explained that even if she recovered, there was so much damage to her throat that her quality of life would be massively reduced.

We brought her favourite blanket and toy lamb. We sat with her for a while, just petting her and talking to her. She rested her head in my wife's lap and we told her how good she was as we let her go.

I've said goodbye to a number of dogs through my life, but this was entirely different. This was unfair and cruel. The fog in my head lasted for another few days before it finally cleared and my grief finally roared in like nothing I've ever felt before. It has been coming in random waves in various forms for the past month - despair, rage, self-condemnation, numbness, regret - but I think I'm slowly getting a hold on it, and putting some of this into text kind of helps I think.

She was a beautiful girl who made so much progress from when we first adopted her, going from a timid little shadow to a confident and lovingly gentle social butterfly. She was incredible with all of the other foster dogs who came through our care, and she was deeply, deeply special to my wife.

We loved her and she loved us.

xbma3ozczwyo.jpeg
    u4v9vqa6aix9.jpeg
    yrwa9jc1l20v.jpeg

Jesus, Veldrin, that's awful. I am furious on your behalf.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Oh my god...

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I’m sorry Kane, I really am. Ori was gorgeous and it was completely unfair what happened to her and to you and Nat.

edited July 2020
    edit: nevermind, actually.

3cl1ps3 on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Fuck I read that and immediately burst into tears. I can’t imagine what it’s been like for all of you. Sending every ounce of love and care to you and Nat and Kya, from all 4 of us!

Bodhi is getting lots of extra cuddles today, that’s for damn sure.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Oh my god I'm so sorry for your loss.

The whole house sends our sympathies.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    jesus fucking christ I had (obviously) no idea that that was what had happened when I sent you guys the I'm sorry message last month

jesus christ I genuinely wish I could scream at somebody on your behalf

I wish I could hug you guys so hard

She was the best girl and I know she was so loved

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone :heartbeat:

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    25 is an incredible age for a cat

He looks just like a cat I used to know that lived to 26 and was just the most sociable good boy. Named Opie.

I'm so so sorry Veldrin. She was a happy girl and you did her right.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Oh mate, I'm so sorry.

Darcy is getting so many treats when I get home.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Our kitty Simon is at the vet getting his teeth x-rayed and cleaned and getting an abdominal ultrasound to see if we can figure out why he's been losing weight.

He's always done well with anesthesia before but I worry about my special little man.

Simon got 3 teeth extracted that were looking hinky, but the ultrasound looked normal so hopefully the teeth were the only issue.

Looking forward to getting him home and spoiling him while we laugh at him being extremely stoned.

stoned kitties are best kitties

• CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Made a new friend at the timber yard we stopped at.

8A5Adn3.jpg?3
    B9qWeUH.jpg?2

Was very insistent about needing pats and scritches.

Crazod on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I dreamt we had a pet animal that was a literal cross between a dog and a wombat. Stumpiest legs ever.
    My father kept asking me if it was a Pokemon, and now I've woken up I kind of miss the little weirdo.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    I dreamt we had a pet animal that was a literal cross between a dog and a wombat. Stumpiest legs ever.
    My father kept asking me if it was a Pokemon, and now I've woken up I kind of miss the little weirdo.

a corgi then

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited July 2020
    It was a bit like a much chiller corgi, yeah.
    Didn't have the ears, much shorter muzzle, and somehow an even rounder bottom.

tynic on
    Did it poop cubes?

(that's wombats that poop cubes right)

It is, but we didn't get to that stage in the relationship.

tynic wrote: »
    It was a bit like a much chiller corgi, yeah.
    Didn't have the ears, much shorter muzzle, and somehow an even rounder bottom.

that's just a frenchie

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    it makes you wonder if there ever existed a bunch of animals that could poop in cube or different shapes

like why is that an evolutionary advantage, what system benefits from cubed poop

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    it makes you wonder if there ever existed a bunch of animals that could poop in cube or different shapes

like why is that an evolutionary advantage, what system benefits from cubed poop

shithouses

Flarne wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

shithouses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBam72eYsAg

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    A Greek Tragedy in Three Acts:
    dhqx77pmyzor.jpg