As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Buddy :(

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    “Hi, my name is Willow and I couldn’t leave my spay sutures alone so I got an infection and now I have to wear this collar at all times.”

9dxta3e8ch7y.jpeg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    "This is my shame cone and I hate it. I haaaate it."

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m thinking about trying a tshirt put on backwards to cover it. She is running into everything with the cone.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    You could probably trim down the sides a bit to make that less likely while also still stopping her from worrying at her sutures.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You can buy little elasticated sleeveless suits to protect the stitches, I don’t know how much they cost though

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Growing up our little dog had to have a cone of shame. Never seeing one before, my mom ended up putting it on backwards, poor dog was stumbling around all day. When my Dad got home from work he just looked at the dog, let out a big laugh and fixed the cone.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
  • Options
    OH MYYY GOD TYNIC

TYNIC

YOUR DOGS

DOADJGHKGJHKDO

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    When our back in the day doggo had her some surgery she was too flexible and could get around the cone, so she was upgraded to a bucket with the bottom cut out. She was occasionally called buckethead for ever after that.

• Options
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Wow Uschi's really got some Teen Brood going on

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Looking over the back seat? That’s Mabel. She has some... strong opinions about personal space.

Edit: also she still kind of resents uschi stealing her only child status, let alone the rest of the carnival

tynic on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so much PANTING

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's not fair that some people have four dogs and I have ZERO

• Options
    edited July 2020
    well, George is a loaner, and Uschi is technically my father's dog.

but I think even two berners represents an outsized share of the market when I'm sitting here on another continent with not even one hairy dribble machine.

tynic on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

but I think even two berners represents an outsized share of the market when I'm sitting here on another continent with not even one hairy dribble machine.

Weren't you considering a pup? Did that fall through?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    christ are they budding or something

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    so much PANTING

what do you think the humidity in that car is at

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    so much PANTING

what do you think the humidity in that car is at

dog

• Options
    god fucking damn it four berners

four pups

four dogos

four pooches

four woofers

four barkies

four gudbois

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    it's not fair that some people have four dogs and I have ZERO

I've considered getting a good boy or girl in various levels of seriousness, but he two problems are that the apartment management only allows two pets because they are UN-AMERICAN and the roomie already has a dog, and that my cat, who is a brat ass super special princess that I love dearly, hates dogs.

One time she got up and rubbed her head on the dog's snout and was betrayed for this act of graciousness by being licked, and she cried bloody murder at the indignity, never again. I guess it doesn't help that the dog is also a super special princess who thinks that annoying the cat is funny.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    you know, if we all worked together we could get at least one woofer away from tynic

let's saddle up

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Dog Heist coming this fall on CBS

• Options
    Skeith wrote: »

Weren't you considering a pup? Did that fall through?

Yea, which is a good thing in some ways (it would have involved a ten day round trip journey by car in the midst of a pandemic) and bad in others (no puppy). Fortunately she found a good home locally!

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Raising Arizona 2: We also want the dog

sig.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Okay folks, my dog is finally at his 8 weeks post-surgical and is cleared for activity, meaning I can get another dog. However, due to covid and social distancing orders, it's impossible for me to bring my current dog to the shelter to introduce him to any future fuzzbrother. How do I get past this hurdle?

• Options
    Pupdate, the retriever genes are strong in this one. He's got fetch all figured out and picked up "drop it" in like 5 minutes and he will just play fetch indefinitely. Which is hilarious as he runs along with his far-too-big paws.

He's also growing like a fucking weed.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    My p
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Okay folks, my dog is finally at his 8 weeks post-surgical and is cleared for activity, meaning I can get another dog. However, due to covid and social distancing orders, it's impossible for me to bring my current dog to the shelter to introduce him to any future fuzzbrother. How do I get past this hurdle?

Really if you know your dog well enough you can probably let them meet at home and supervise their interactions for a few days.

I did this with Lola.and my brothers dog. They were largely indifferent to each other for a month or two then I caught them sleeping on the couch together so I guess they were doing it for show?

Lola was very protective of what she considers her space though. (Which is my bedroom). Mostly barking and growling never anything past that

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Also depends on the dogs. I'd give the pup a lit more recovery time first. Past that, have they met other dogs before?

Personally I've never had much luck with shelter introductions (my rescues had *severe* shelter PTSD). Finding a dog with similar temperament and energy level, talk to the shelter or rescue about expectations around doing a trial period.

• Options
    Guess which hellbeast ate a turd and then regurgitated it, unblemished, in the centre of an outdoor pub dining area

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    My guess- It's the proud fella in the middle who knows exactly what he did, and is proud

• Options
    you would be completely correct

(Centre is Georgie, who is on temporary loan due to a family travel emergency. Her owner is absolutely mortified right now).

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Also depends on the dogs. I'd give the pup a lit more recovery time first. Past that, have they met other dogs before?

Personally I've never had much luck with shelter introductions (my rescues had *severe* shelter PTSD). Finding a dog with similar temperament and energy level, talk to the shelter or rescue about expectations around doing a trial period.

Yeah I've brought him to my folks' house, who have two dogs, and the worst interaction he's had with them was complete neutrality on his behalf. He's been growled at a bit just for sniffing around, but he didn't even react to it.

• Options
    coxokrpqidjy.jpg

The lab genes are definitely the dominant ones. Today he was outside barking at my wife whenever she didn't spray him with the hose while watering plants. I guess we need to find a place for him to swim because my god does this dog love water.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    A hard plastic kiddie pool would probably be the best way, unless you're really good about keeping his claws trimmed.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    My guess- It's the proud fella in the middle who knows exactly what he did, and is proud

I think that's what you call a shit-eating grin.

• Options
    Kitchen? Oh you mean the Dog Storage Area

b1kbb29f8opo.jpeg

• Options
    the handsomest rugs

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kitchen? Oh you mean the Dog Storage Area
    b1kbb29f8opo.jpeg

I don't know, it looks like you've easily got room for another half dozen doggos in that storage area, and that's before you start stacking them three deep.