As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] This thread has suffered a catastrophic translight jump failure.

• Options
    Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    I saw the sale and immediately thought "Spoon.. how long have you wanted a Huggin? Oh wait, your technically still unemployed until thursday, probably not a good plan."

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I miss when the Huggin was in its heyday. That thing was a SRM4 murdering machine. Now it is just a normal machine... that is now outclassed by other lights.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    hairystevehairysteve Registered User regular
    I'm thinking the boars head,ultraviolet and the king crab because I have most of the rest of the hero mechs.
    King crab cause I like the hero skin, ultraviolet cause 8 ultra 2 autocannon's will make me happy in the pants and boars head cause I dunno I have most of the other hero mechs except for a few missing clan mechs.
    Any guesses what the two new clan mechs might be next month??

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    hairysteve wrote: »
    I'm thinking the boars head,ultraviolet and the king crab because I have most of the rest of the hero mechs.
    King crab cause I like the hero skin, ultraviolet cause 8 ultra 2 autocannon's will make me happy in the pants and boars head cause I dunno I have most of the other hero mechs except for a few missing clan mechs.

To match the IS two new mechs being assault mechs, I'm gonna guess Bane and Stone Rhino. :twisted:

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

To match the IS two new mechs being assault mechs, I'm gonna guess Bane and Stone Rhino. :twisted:

It would be FUCKIMG AMAZING if they did both. I could maybe see one or the other, but I dunno about both.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Not even 24-hours.

Supernova-Boiler, Nightstar-Wolf Phoenix, and Nova Cat-Cobra Cat boughted.

Now I need money to kit them all out. To that end (and to honor the thread title), I took my Loyalty King Crab out. It went okay.
    mviszas0o8nz.jpg

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Would you be willing to take a recommendation? Maybe get a Kodiak instead of the Boar's Head? Clan tech plus glass like ***20 weapon.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Basically anything but the Boar's Head. It's the most underwhelming Atlas variant, IMHO.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

It would be FUCKIMG AMAZING if they did both. I could maybe see one or the other, but I dunno about both.

I think there is near-to-zero chance that one will be the Behemoth. If it does come in (and holy crap would that be an event), I would expect its art would be based on the Project Phoenix revision.

As for the Kraken......I can totally see it, I'd be super curious how PGI's art team handles it, and holy crap would the community joy-shit itself at the announcement.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    I'm still hoping for Phoenix Hawk IIC.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hairystevehairysteve Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I've already got the heroes of the
    ANNIHILATOR
    Cyclops
    Highlander
    Mad cat 2
    Marauder 2
    Kodiak
    Supernova
    Stalker
    And cbilll bonus versions of most of the others from buying packs and loyalty mechs.
    Other possible were the banished ( not great apparently) or the battlemaster.
    Oh well I dunno
    Thanks for the suggestions though.
    Stupid spellchecker not the banished mechs.
    Banshee mech

hairysteve on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    chasm wrote: »

Pretty sure we can cross that one off the list.
    Nips wrote: »

I think there is near-to-zero chance that one will be the Behemoth. If it does come in (and holy crap would that be an event), I would expect its art would be based on the Project Phoenix revision.

As for the Kraken......I can totally see it, I'd be super curious how PGI's art team handles it, and holy crap would the community joy-shit itself at the announcement.

I think the clue is in the name of the IS mech announcement: "Evolution." The Hatamoto-Chi is partially based on the Charger. So we have the base mech and the mech that was derived from it. We can expect that to be the case with the Clan side of the mech drop. So...is there a pair of unreleased Clan mechs (preferably Assault mechs) where one was the design basis for the other?

EDIT - other than the currently unreleased IIC mechs, that is.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

Those gauss rifles are like me in college.

high asf

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    chasm wrote: »

Pretty sure we can cross that one off the list.

I think the clue is in the name of the IS mech announcement: "Evolution." The Hatamoto-Chi is partially based on the Charger. So we have the base mech and the mech that was derived from it. We can expect that to be the case with the Clan side of the mech drop. So...is there a pair of unreleased Clan mechs (preferably Assault mechs) where one was the design basis for the other?

EDIT - other than the currently unreleased IIC mechs, that is.

I spent a little too much time on Sarna and came up with the Cygnus and Hellstar, but I have no idea what kind of lore context those two might be locked into. Most variants don't use tech that aren't already in the game, but I've never heard of them before so I doubt there'd be much demand for them and they're fairly far out on the timeline.

Maybe the Woodsman / Naga would make a better pair, but they'd have to completely retcon the Naga's weapon loadout or add Arrow IV to the game. Not really any more of a good fit.

I'm thinking Evolution is just a one-off bundle, but maybe they'll have two Clan mechs to offer up with a different theme. Pheonix Hawk IIC and Warhammer IIC would be a similar offer and a pretty popular hit. Not sure how they'd run afoul of any legal stuff given the other mechs PGI has already put out.

I dunno, probably way off on my suggestions, I just end up spending way too much time on wikis for my own good.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Give me the Matar you cowards

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited September 2018

Ah yes, simulate a DC on the map without actually having to disconnect!

Dark_Side on
  • Options

If you're going to go Superheavy, why bother with only 10 extra tons?

Go Orca or bust, for that full-bodied 200-ton flavor.

OC-1X_Orca_XTRORepublic2.jpg

How big is big? It carries a Sniper Artillery Piece; not the smaller cannon, the full-size artillery weapon.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote: »

Ah yes, simulate a DC on the map without actually having to disconnect!

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

67-Machoke.png

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Would be pretty fun to have a new gamemode where each team got a superheavy or something. Hopefully you wouldn't have a bunch of people drop after they didn't get to pilot the special mech. Needs some wacky quirks like 4x Laser Damage, 2x Laser Duration. Death beams ftw.

Honestly, if PGI starts to run out of mechs, they need to start filling out the Superheavy roster. What's better than big, stompy bots? BIGGER, STOMPIER bots. Forget the Dark Age, or Jihad or whatever. Battletech only needs to go one place: bigger.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular

67-Machoke.png

How do you start a decades-long legal grudge match over visual IPs?

This. THIS IS HOW.

• Options
    Would be pretty fun to have a new gamemode where each team got a superheavy or something. Hopefully you wouldn't have a bunch of people drop after they didn't get to pilot the special mech. Needs some wacky quirks like 4x Laser Damage, 2x Laser Duration. Death beams ftw.

Honestly, if PGI starts to run out of mechs, they need to start filling out the Superheavy roster. What's better than big, stompy bots? BIGGER, STOMPIER bots. Forget the Dark Age, or Jihad or whatever. Battletech only needs to go one place: bigger.

Guns are good. Therefor the more guns the better. The best mech has the most guns.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    PGI nerfed quantity.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

Guns are good. Therefor the more guns the better. The best mech has the most guns.

ULTRAVIOLET ALL-POWERFUL

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PGI nerfed quantity.

Just load up on all the LBX autocannons. No ghost heat on thems.

• Options
    PGI nerfed quantity.

LBXs are naturally limited by weight. You can't squeeze in more than 6-8 of them.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    PGI nerfed quantity.

Boy howdy there sure isn't.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Now, I'm not disagreeing with your statement, I'm just asking you to consider the following.
    What if... bigger guns?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

How big is big? It carries a Sniper Artillery Piece; not the smaller cannon, the full-size artillery weapon.

I can’t tell if that ‘Mech has chicken legs and is aiming high, or has normal legs and is disco pointing.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PGI nerfed quantity.

LBXs are naturally limited by weight. You can't squeeze in more than 6-8 of them.

That's why you need the superheavy chassis to mount more gun.

EDIT - and, to be fair, the only reason I can't squeeze more than 8 LB2Xes on a mech in MWO is because the Dire Wolf won't let me mount 3 of the things in the armsthere are no Assaults with more than 8 ballistic hardpoints.

EDIT2 - Oh...hrm. I just noticed that PGI removed ghost heat from all non-rotary AC2 variants. I may have to tweak some builds...

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    Syngyne wrote: »

I can’t tell if that ‘Mech has chicken legs and is aiming high, or has normal legs and is disco pointing.

Chicken legs. Digitigrade, if you will.

Also, disco dancing.

It's both. Obvs.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    *pushes up nerd glasses* Digitigrade and backwards knees are not the same thing.

This is digitigrade. It walks on its toes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F4C3KGNYi1M

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    By the way, the Incubus/Vixen dropped today. I think I'm gonna like this thing. It's basically an up-armed Locust.

• Options
    Syngyne wrote: »
    *pushes up nerd glasses* Digitigrade and backwards knees are not the same thing.

This is digitigrade. It walks on its toes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F4C3KGNYi1M

Pedantic point taken, but I'd argue that's unguligrade. The Orca's legs and feet are definitely digitigrade, as it's sure as shit not plantigrade or unguligrade.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Watching B33f's stream right now and, to the surprise of nobody, PGI done fucked something up. I mean...this is similar to the -1000% cooldown on SRM2s on the Quickdraw fuckup...except, maybe a little worse:

He's piloting around a Piranha with 5 heavy smalls and 7 micro pulse (to test out the delinking of micro lasers from all other Clan laser ghost heat groupings). When he alphas, his heat spikes to 100%, then it looks like an old-style coolant flush drops his heat back down to 30% (without shutting down...even without override active) after a second (or less).

/golfclap

EDIT - ahh...interesting. Current theory is that it's his weapon graphics mod that he's running that's breaking his specific UI. so probably nvm with the "PGI done fucked up"ery.

Erlkönig on
  • Options
    Watching B33f's stream right now and, to the surprise of nobody, PGI done fucked something up. I mean...this is similar to the -1000% cooldown on SRM2s on the Quickdraw fuckup...except, maybe a little worse:

He's piloting around a Piranha with 5 heavy smalls and 7 micro pulse (to test out the delinking of micro lasers from all other Clan laser ghost heat groupings). When he alphas, his heat spikes to 100%, then it looks like an old-style coolant flush drops his heat back down to 30% (without shutting down...even without override active) after a second (or less).

/golfclap

EDIT - ahh...interesting. Current theory is that it's his weapon graphics mod that he's running that's breaking his specific UI. so probably nvm with the "PGI done fucked up"ery.

For something as simple as a bit of tinkering on weapon numbers, that kind of fuckery seems pretty much not PGI's fault right from the jump.

Then again, PGI. *shrug*

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

/golfclap

For something as simple as a bit of tinkering on weapon numbers, that kind of fuckery seems pretty much not PGI's fault right from the jump.

Then again, PGI. *shrug*

I'll just bring up the "changing arm actuators made LRMs aim only for the CT" thing here.

• Options
    Hrm...

So, finally got around to trying out my Incubus. Anybody else getting weird performance issues with the game? I haven't touched any of the settings, but I'm now having sporadic framerates drop into the single digits on Alpine while taking nothing but laser fire. I don't have anything resource intensive running in the background, but things seem to have gotten worse since the patch.

• Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

/golfclap

Then again, PGI. *shrug*

I'll just bring up the "changing arm actuators made LRMs aim only for the CT" thing here.

It turns out, coding is hard!

Even harder if it's on CryEngine.

Doubly so in PGI's office space.

• Options
    Last 10 hours of the MWO Weekend Warrior event. Lots of quick MC, C-bills and cockpit items to grab (1 item, 250k C-bills and 25MC per quest/mission/objective). 12 sub events, of which 8-10 are pretty fast and easy.