As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[E3 2018] - Leak Watcher

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Starring Ryan Reynolds as the narrator.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    The hell is Starfield?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    The hell is Starfield?

Basically Fallout or Elder Scrolls, but in space, made by Bethesda Softworks

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Rumor is that Cyberpunk 2077 is finally making it to E3 with a closed-door showing, and I goddamn hope that's true.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The hell is Starfield?

I've never heard that name, but it's all I've wanted from them for a while now.

• Options
    I'm super happy Detroit is coming out before E3, as I don't think I could sit through another stage demo of it.

Kinda bummed we'll likely see Crackdown 3 at E3 again this year. (Hopefully they just go "IT'S OUT NOW!" and move onto other stuff)

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that the TESO expansion is going to be the only Elder Scrolls stuff shown. Maybe the card game will get some info too.
    That's not true at all.

I'm sure they'll announce Skyrim for Apple TV.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet that the TESO expansion is going to be the only Elder Scrolls stuff shown. Maybe the card game will get some info too.
    That's not true at all.

This is a fair point.*

*Posted from Skyrim for iPhone

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    That's not true at all.

It’s coming out as an Alexa skill next:

“FUS RO DAH the Dragon!”

“Smith one thousand iron daggers.”

“Shoot the guard with an arrow. Aim low.”

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Get hyped for Skyrim on Amazon Echo Show.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I can't wait till they release Skyrim Viral Edition, where we get infected with a virus that makes us see Skyrim wherever we go!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Not real

FF7 Remake is never coming out, ever

But why would that stop anyone from taking preorders for it?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The hell is Starfield?

Yeah okay I'm down.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The hell is Starfield?

Ehhhh...

After Fallout 4 I realized that I can really only tolerate that sort of gameplay when meshed with specifically Elder Scrolls, because I love the setting of that world and its batshit-insane lore.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I can't wait till they release Skyrim Viral Edition, where we get infected with a virus that makes us see Skyrim wherever we go!

As long as I can still install a nude mod

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    It's time...

RDICFwS.gif

...for Weed3.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think the only things that will make me stand up and notice are if that Cyberpunk game from CD Projik Red gets a release date and a demo, an announcement on a new Elder Scrolls, and some kind of cool new IP.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Oh they already announced the new Elder Scrolls

https://youtu.be/ooVSBzHnkUM

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Still waiting on my Bethesda style open world Gundam game that will never happen.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm willing to bet we're going to get a Fallout digital card game.

• Options
    I'll take that bet

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Rage 2 is hilarious.

Hexen deserves a sequel first, but then again I’m guessing Bethesda doesn’t own that one

• Options
    Rage 2 is hilarious.

Hexen deserves a sequel first, but then again I’m guessing Bethesda doesn’t own that one

I'm pretty sure they own the rights; just not the distribution for a few of the later titles (Hexen 2's expansion, Heretic 2)

I'd do some really terrible stuff to get a new Heretic game by Arkane Studios in the vein of Dark Messiah.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    There's no way they're making Rage 2

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    They really need to rework the combat in the elder scrolls to get me interested. In a world of Dark Souls, Breath of the wild, and the like what they have now is unacceptable. I’d also settle for fixing the role playing and stat allocations but I have zero faith in Todd and his team in that regard.

Ov3rcharge on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Borderlands 3 is iffy to me given all the people from 2 I liked quit/got fired.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    That's not true at all.

skyrim for vita

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Borderlands 3 is iffy to me given all the people from 2 I liked quit/got fired.

Pretty sure it's coming out as the Facebook group of theirs I liked years back to get SHIFT keys has been ramping up a presence of late

But I didn't know there was a staff exodus. Hmm.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I imagine gearbox is quite desperate after Battleborn flopped.

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

I imagine they were able to absorb that loss given how much they made from BL 1 and 2. If Borderlands 3 flops, then they might be up shit creek.

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

I imagine they were able to absorb that loss given how much they made from BL 1 and 2. If Borderlands 3 flops, then they might be up shit creek.

I recall a clip from the Crowbcat video in which Randy Pitchford was talking up how much more time and resources they dumped into Battleborn compared to Borderlands 2. Of course that could all be PR guff but that’s where I’m coming from. That and neither of their rereleases for Duke and Bulletstorm lit the world on fire. But then again I can’t inagine those cost too much to produce.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Who owns Blood? Someone make a Blood game. Maybe Redneck Rampage

No wait come back

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Prohass wrote: »

No wait come back

Warner Bros (by way of Monolith) owns Blood. IIRC, there was talk of maybe letting an indie studio take a crack at doing something with the IP but I don't think that went anywhere.

I just want a decent remaster like Duke and Shadow Warrior have. Apparently the source code is lost, though.

EDIT: Redneck Rampage wound up with Activision, somehow. Blizzard filed a trademark for it years back but nothing came from it as far as I know.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

No wait come back

Warner Bros (by way of Monolith) owns Blood. IIRC, there eased talk of massive lingering an indie studio take a crack at doping something with the IP but I don't think that went anywhere.

I just want a decent remaster like Duke and Shadow Warrior have. Apparently the source code is lost, though.

EDIT: Redneck Rampage wound up with Activision, somehow. Blizzard filed a trademark for it years back but nothing came from it as far as I know.

Woah weird, and a bummer about the source code, thanks for the info!

• Options
    Stupid phone speak. I never remember to proofread it all.

• Options
    Even if Battleborn was successful, it would be about time for Gearbox to announce a new game.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Oh yeah, here's an interesting rumor/leak about Microsoft (it's not a game announcement, but it is good news.)

Last month they hired Darrell Gallagher, former Studio Head at Crystal Dynamics, (Worked on the Tomb Raider reboot), most recently Senior Vice President and Head of Development at Activision. Darrell got hired to the Microsoft Studios Executive Leadership team, which was a curious thing to do as everyone on the team besides Phil Spencer(who runs Xbox) and Matt Booty (Who coordinates Xbox's first party efforts) is in charge of one of Xbox's studios, and yet, there wasn't a studio for Gallagher to be in charge of.

(Handy org chart)
    vLFiCUj.png

Even more curious, Matt Booty said they'll talk more about this at E3, and I probably don't need to tell you that internal hiring isn't typically something that's companies spend time talking about at E3.

This leads us to earlier this week, when a Microsoft had a job listing for an Executive Producer / Lead Producer position at studio in Santa Monica. The listing was later taken down, but it implied the studio would be building teams to make Xbox Games.

The kicker? Darrell Gallagher's last position, the one at Activision? Had him working Santa Monica, so he's already in the area. Now he's at Xbox working a job seemingly in need of a studio, and we have reason to believe a studio is being created.

Sadly it'll probably be years before we even see any fruit from this development, but it's something Microsoft has sorely needed to do for ages, so its good news none-the-less.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    No no no, card games are so 2015.

It's gonna be Fallout Royale.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    No no no, card games are so 2015.

It's gonna be Fallout Royale.

Okay but honestly ‘vault experiment involving a 100 person death match’ is actually extremely consistent with the fallout universe.

This discussion has been closed.