As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I still haven't decided on what kind of character to build, but I may just dive into a Brand build straight away if the skill gems are vendorable/quest rewards.

Stormbrand is available at 12, Armageddon at 28. I think that's Merveil and Gravicious respectively. I'd imagine Templar and Witch at least get them from quests/vendors, Siosa for everyone.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So little confusion. How do guilds work across leagues? my brother created a guild in standard last night for us, not thinking how this works once we create new betrayal characters. does the guild and its stash slots persist somehow across servers? how do we add the new characters to the guild if so?

if they do not persist, what happens to them once the go to standard?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    guilds are cross-league, stashes are not

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    So little confusion. How do guilds work across leagues? my brother created a guild in standard last night for us, not thinking how this works once we create new betrayal characters. does the guild and its stash slots persist somehow across servers? how do we add the new characters to the guild if so?

if they do not persist, what happens to them once the go to standard?

guilds are account based

• Options
    Steam didn't update while I was at work this morning so by the time I updated and logged on there were 34k people in front of me megakek

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    thats what u get for using steam client

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    guilds are cross-league, stashes are not

he bought one stash slot, i realize the contents are not going to come over but if i get what people are saying, he still will be the leader of the guild no matter what character he creates where, and it will be an empty stash in the new league, then merge when betrayal merges with standard like everything else.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Steam didn't update while I was at work this morning so by the time I updated and logged on there were 34k people in front of me megakek

Maybe waiting until 8 pm tonight won't be so bad.

• Options

It only took like 5 minutes to get through that queue, no big deal

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I’ve followed thi3n’s Glacial Cascade Totem Hiero build and it worked well for me.

I also really like cold skills.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Just found a 10% Wise Oak rofl

In The Prison

From a Betrayal caravan boss

Rius on
  • Options
    chris was saying betrayal rewards as insane

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    poe-ninja doesnt have pricing data yet??? its been like 25 minutes. so lame.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

People are still leveling.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

It only took like 5 minutes to get through that queue, no big deal

SHUT UP IM TRYING TO DULL THE ANTICIPATION OKAY?

• Options
    im at work for another 41 mins

coPrdO0.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

People are still leveling.

I know lol

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    im at work for another 41 mins

snip

I have

5 hours and 39 minutes

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Options
    Stupid Xbox release being 4 days after PC. Such an internal struggle to not roll something on PC while I wait

• Options
    Good news: this league launch is "unprecedentedly high" for participation, 50% higher than the last launch

Bad news: I just got booted offline and now I'm 19k in queue again megalul

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    50% more players than last launch

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Realm has begun to crash. The in-game news is saying this launch has user numbers 50% higher than last league (!!!)

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Also there's a Map Zoom slider in the UI options, PRAISE

• Options
    So a few quick questions about quality.

Say i have a unique item that i expect to be a major part of my build. It has no Quality on it. Is there a point to using the +quality items on it? would that actually change the numbers? is the only point of adding quality to improve your chances of using a vaal orb on it?

Say i have the same unique item, and it dropped with +1 quality. is there a point to adding more quality to it or did it already get all the bonus its going to get?

Same question goes with skill gems i guess. does a +1% quality drop skill gem have the same numbers on it than a +20% quality skill gem?

• Options
    Quality on items increases base item stats and goes up to 20% (usually)

Weapons gain more damage (so this is kind of useless on caster weapons), armor gains more armour/evasion/energy shield

Quality doesn't have anything to do with Vaal orb results

Quality on skill gems adds small bonuses, you can safely ignore it until [later]

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Quality also increases the chances of rolling more sockets using jeweler's orbs. And increases the chances of linking sockets using fuses.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I've never played on an opening day, at least not on purpose or that I can recall

it's fun seeing people hit levels

did just get booted though

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Yeah we all got bootarino'd, I'm back down to 1k in queue

at least it's moving fast

• Options
    I'll get in an hour or so at lunch so that's a thing

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Anyone around able to invite to the guild?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I'll be back for a minute to give it a try before WoW drags me back in on Tuesday. I didn't have that much fun with delving (probably because I didnt get super far in) so hopefully this league is a bit more entertaining

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Quality also increases the chances of rolling more sockets using jeweler's orbs. And increases the chances of linking sockets using fuses.

ahh... good information. thanks.

• Options
    Or not. The queue is going super fucking slow right now.

Oh well, guess I'll wait until I get off work.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    majg3ht8elgs.png

(GGG, y'all deserve this!)

jungleroomx on
  • Options
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Question for yall, dunno if I'll get an answer
    There was a website I saw either here or on reddit, that had a huge list of build guides that let you sort by class and skill and had a rating system I think. I used it last league to find my summoner, wanted to use it again instead of sorting through the forums. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't remember the site.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    It's a tad infuriating that I can't change zones without a chance to get booted to the main menu. Cough up for servers, Tencent.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Guilds work
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Anyone around able to invite to the guild?

yeah I can, need any character name

@SanderJK

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Question for yall, dunno if I'll get an answer
    There was a website I saw either here or on reddit, that had a huge list of build guides that let you sort by class and skill and had a rating system I think. I used it last league to find my summoner, wanted to use it again instead of sorting through the forums. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't remember the site.

https://www.poebuilds.cc/

J3qcnBP.png
This discussion has been closed.