As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i have thsi really stupid build idea and staves would be better but the witch holds swords much better and if i used a sword i could be a fedora katana witch girl life is hard

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I love the way Witch holds a 2-handed sword. It's made me want to do a build where I could actually use the sword, but I haven't been brave enough.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Witch 2hander holding is so anime.

Consecrated Path may be my new starter of choice. It is just so good. With my 20ex or so day ive been able to twink him out good but I could see it easily being a viable league starter.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yesterday was a good day for me. I took my BV chieftain from 84 to 87, replaced my boots/rings/shield/amulet/helm, and fossilcrafted a pretty spicy belt:

S47Y5RB.png
    (prefix open for a movespeed craft, I'll get around to it)

My DPS went up ~65% in PoB when all was said and done.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure where my next upgrade is. I think an Anger Watcher's Eye would probably be my biggest DPS gain, but every other slot looks pretty marginal. I'm going to take him up to 89, get my gems to level 20, and take a run at Shaper.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I am saving up for a 6L Shav's (already blew about an ex and a half's worth of fusings trying to 6L mine, I really should stop attempting that) and then after that... a 50ex Watcher's Eye, I suppose? More realistically, I will probably see how far I can delve on this RF Guy since it's the character most likely to make it to 600. I'll probably run out of damage before I can make it that far unless I can get that mondo Eye.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    frond just rolled this shit

3aj54rlr63yw.png

fukin wut

took like 2 fossil crafts lol

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    That isn't spectacular for the latest toxic rain DoT hotness because it doesn't have any +bow gem levels on it

BUT

It does have the level 20 gem mod and a small hybrid phys%/accuracy mod and T1 flat added phys

so it is really great for more conventional hit damage bow builds, maybe with a little poison/bleed on top

It also still has an open Suffix and is worth more than an Ex so I say he should slam it for science

Rius on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day for me. I took my BV chieftain from 84 to 87, replaced my boots/rings/shield/amulet/helm, and fossilcrafted a pretty spicy belt:

S47Y5RB.png
    (prefix open for a movespeed craft, I'll get around to it)

My DPS went up ~65% in PoB when all was said and done.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure where my next upgrade is. I think an Anger Watcher's Eye would probably be my biggest DPS gain, but every other slot looks pretty marginal. I'm going to take him up to 89, get my gems to level 20, and take a run at Shaper.

BV chieftain is super capable of doing Shaper.

Keeping up stacks is the hardest part, spell echo + the 2x duration by scion helps alot (10s)

Loreweave helps a ton to solve the cold dmg issues too

thank god BV has insane dmg + scaling, its practically an RF build without the shitty damage

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    they should have a wrestler skin for the stone golem and when he does an aoe slam it looks like an elbow drop

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    BROTHERS.

I never want to leave the mine. All my mapping is just to get more sulphite to dig a hole.

Diggy diggy hooooooole-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytWz0qVvBZ0

In other news, I tried out the Poet's Pen Murder Sticks and I'm intrigued and horrified. With the attack speed and damage nodes on my Guardian, I was able to make Volatile Dead / Bodyswap work through sheer volume of casts without anything in the way of elemental damage.

It could be really neat on a character specced for such a thing. The Skelly/Sacrifice The Skelly combo also did wonders.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Three Elreon-crafts on new accessories: 19 % increased Evasion rating, 19 % more, 20 % more.

12 chaos not wasted.

Edit: And there's a 75c+ leather belt from a tier 7 map. Neat.

Absalon on
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I just had a near perfectly rolled Witchfire Brew drop for my CA Archer.

Nice

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    got a ring with aspect of the cat and 3 crap mods, bought an annull, annulled cat straight off

aww yeeeeeeeeee

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    got a ring with aspect of the cat and 3 crap mods, bought an annull, annulled cat straight off

aww yeeeeeeeeee

The dream

• Options
    Orbs of Annuling That One Good Mod just doesn't roll off the tongue does it

• Options
    8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
    OK64NzO.png

just under 200 burials

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Noteworthy stuff I did today, in order:

Got Vagan to level 7.

Hit level 80 on my Necro (highest-level character).

Finally got an Arid Lake map to drop. That polishes off tier 2 maps. (I know, I'm terribly behind, but I could not get an Arid Lake map to drop.)

Decided to attempt Atziri for the first time.

Hit level 81 on my Necro.

Beat Atziri on my second Apex run. (The full clear achievement was also my 69th in the game.)

EDIT: And dragged my Deadeye, who has been languishing at level 68 for months, to level 69 (hur hur) just so she could use the Atziri's Step I got from all my Apex runs.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Just got my final uber trial yesterday, trying to figure out how I should spend my last two ascendancy points on my smite/zombie guardian. The two plausible options seem the block node (equivalent of 20% attack block) or the charges node. The charges node seems a little suboptimal because it gives me one of the three kinds of charges randomly, and power charges don't do anything for me personally due to Resolute Technique, while still doing great for my minions.

Any feedback/input? Here's the PoB link: https://pastebin.com/Eka68VE0

My gear is mostly garbage, because I tend not to buy small upgrades. A big part of the enjoyment of the game for me comes from finding upgrades, and so I only buy very large upgrades--BiS kind of stuff--to maximize that enjoyment.

EDIT: if anyone's interested, I'd be happy to take feedback on the tree as well. My original plan was to abuse the nodes that let minion stats apply to me as much as possible, then grab the big lightning nodes, but it turns out there's not enough points for both of those, so I end up with almost straight minion nodes and life nodes. Here's the link to my character on the website for those who prefer that: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InvictusRage/characters?characterName=Delplari

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Endurance charges are free res + free phys mitigation, and frenzy charges = 12% more attack dmg

plus everyone loves balls

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Do you have the block chance to make that block node good? It essentially is stun immunity + mitigation which is always nice for sturdiness. Frenzy and endurance charges are nice as well. Even if using 2/3 its on hit so its free damage and free overcap resists and phys reduction. My gut tells me the charges are probably the best overall.

As much fun as I have on my viper strike dude I think I may part out his kit. Everything has such high chaos resist everywhere and chaos doesnt have the same breadth of reductions to chaos res that the other damage types have. Withering strike is beautiful and despair is nice but thats about it. PoB, without shenanigans, says I should be over 1 mil dps even in clearing setup but if I hit a pack of chaos res mobs, which are very common, you can just feel the wall. Non chaos res dudes just drop like flies.

My consecrated path duder on the other hand. Full fire conversion easy mode. Plus it is just hella fun to play.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    You don't even need a ton of base block chance; the block node gives you a big pile of block every so often and you can usually trigger the 10 second stun immunity from blocking with regularity.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Do you have the block chance to make that block node good? It essentially is stun immunity + mitigation which is always nice for sturdiness. Frenzy and endurance charges are nice as well. Even if using 2/3 its on hit so its free damage and free overcap resists and phys reduction. My gut tells me the charges are probably the best overall.

As much fun as I have on my viper strike dude I think I may part out his kit. Everything has such high chaos resist everywhere and chaos doesnt have the same breadth of reductions to chaos res that the other damage types have. Withering strike is beautiful and despair is nice but thats about it. PoB, without shenanigans, says I should be over 1 mil dps even in clearing setup but if I hit a pack of chaos res mobs, which are very common, you can just feel the wall.

My consecrated path duder on the other hand. Full fire conversion easy mode. Plus it is just hella fun to play.

Huh. I didn't notice the charges is on hit; I thought it was on kill, which is much worse. Minions aren't 'party members,' are they? :(

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Minions are allies.

• Options
    Been using a new app called path of maps

Lets you log maps + drops and inventory using key pressed, then amalgamates and gives you cool fun charts and data

http://pathofmaps.com/users/4451

Here are my runs leading up the the doctor. I only used the app from about 100 BC’s in, but the rest of my league will all be logged!

Aside from this one i use mercury trade and the poe trade macro, anyone else hawve any recommended apps?

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    EDIT: whoops double

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    so i noticed the outlaw hat looks a bit like a fedora so i decided to make a weeb katana witch

d6mkk0dgr6ct.png

obviously you have to have a crafted blade hammered and folded 100000 times so when i hit level 70 i had to fossil craft my own sword, which turned out to be rather hard and took about 15 goes before getting a single one with a phys roll that broke 50% and double damage never emerged once

and because the katana CUT THROUGH ANYTHING you have to use marylenes fallacy because uh i dunno. also five golems because theyre like ur henchmen or maybe a harem? not sure. infernal golem has a lot going on tho. part of being true to the path of the blade is having uncapped resists im almost certain thats in the book of the five rings. i couldnt get the sockets for ss comk dd so i did ss comk arc - i have no spell damage nodes but elementalist, golems, smite + wrath + heralds all helpin.

here she is nearly dying to cold damage in a random tier 11 i did just before chris shanked the servers right in the sulphite node. unfortunately i am a socket pauper and do not have a cwdt setup... or a phase run setup... or move speed on my stupid fortify duration boots... or.... anything really.... save me mother....

https://youtu.be/Vrlq49gCjBg

way to go is pick up winters spirit, grab a "converted to lightning while wrath" watchers for like 40c and then maybe some life but probs not... life is not weeb

actually just need aspect of cat - jk i annulled that off a ring - that would give 1% base crit and 100% on cycle. and then grab a 1.5% crit elder chest. and then get an assmark setup, because marylenes doesnt reduce bonus crit from assmark. yes... many roads from here. as is i have 45% crit with marylenes on heavy strike with 650% multi and 40% chance of double damage + ruthless

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    May I never question your commitment to sparkle motion.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Hooray the alt-itis patch has hit. Maybe I can finally run a mine within 5 levels of me while mapping.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    Hooray the alt-itis patch has hit. Maybe I can finally run a mine within 5 levels of me while mapping.

Yar I have two alts with 5K sulphite banked that I've been waiting to play a bunch of delves on. I'm excited. Apparently there is a bug with the patch making folks crash though so hopefully later this evening it'll be fixed.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yeah I keep disconnecting about 3 seconds after loading into Oriath. No funn.

Edit: It looks like, as always, it was all Texas's fault.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    From Reddit it sounds like there's no effective change between map:delve ratio at T16 and (deep?) depth. Sulphite gains and costs are way up equally.

Edit: NVM I'm reading more posts to get a better idea

Rius on
  • Options
    Basically they didn't buff running maps for sulphite so much as they nerfed running Quarry for sulphite

It's going to take me forever to get deep enough in the mine to find challenging content for my RFGuy, just like it takes forever to get to T16 maps

Sad

• Options
    The "2k cap" at depth 955 is actually 2k per square traveled, and a T16 map with ~110 quant gets you ~1500 sulphite per node

So basically it's run one or more maps for every step you take on the Delve map at that depth

I don't know why Delving is being tied so fucking stringently to running maps but it's really disappointing

• Options
    While I understand it their overdoing keeping maps forefront for league mechanics is getting rather annoying.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    While I understand it their overdoing keeping maps forefront for league mechanics is getting rather annoying.

especially because they essentially said delving would be an alternate end game thing

like, I don't hate maps, but I really wanna delve and gating it behind 2 different grinds is incredibly shit

• Options
    edited September 2018
    im just running t11s on my shit witch then running level 70-71ish delves, its like zero sulphite per jog and i can run them forever who NEEDS content

no delve bosses no good items just infinite jogging by the cart

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    That's 2 uber labs in a row lagged out down the drain.

I think I'll wait until they get that shit fixed before trying agin.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

especially because they essentially said delving would be an alternate end game thing

like, I don't hate maps, but I really wanna delve and gating it behind 2 different grinds is incredibly shit

This is the temp league. It stands to reason that being less generous with it is the safer approach. You don't want it to totally replace the normal endgame for three months and have the entire playerbase get bored of going back to maps in subsequent leagues

They can always loosen the limitations if they feel that's in the best interest of the game and their player retention goals

It's a lot harder to put the genie back in the bottle

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So got to play a bunch today , man I would stay in the mines forever if I could . Also at the point where I need to six link stuff , so I expect it to take forever and just leave me mad.

This discussion has been closed.