As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Betrayal League December 7th

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Yeah this was an interesting and fun build. Really incredible clear speed as well. Now I just need to max out certain things and I think I'll be able to take down the Shaper.

5a6njij0kjby.png

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CabV_prAtjc

Alch'd terrace with 30% monster life

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I killed Shaper for the first time today with my life based no-MoM Sire of Shards Ball Lightning Trapper. I got a Dying Sun for my first run $$$. It was really easy, I kind of regret thinking that I need top tier gear to kill him. Mechanically, he's not that hard.

Here's my PoB, I swap lightning pen for added lightning for Shaper. Also, impurity of lightning is super strong. Pastebin for anyone that's interested

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    invxg2pmppp0.jpg

So this weekends project was to try ranger ele hit. Had a deadeye sitting at 69 or so. So got her up to 87, swapped her to raider, and boom dead shaper.

Also crafted this quiver the one I bought had life as a master mod so slammed life and got a pretty nice quiver for it.

9sje269o64iu.jpg

Tooltip dps is 125k without any buffs heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    invxg2pmppp0.jpg

So this weekends project was to try ranger ele hit. Had a deadeye sitting at 69 or so. So got her up to 87, swapped her to raider, and boom dead shaper.

Also crafted this quiver the one I bought had life as a master mod so slammed life and got a pretty nice quiver for it.

9sje269o64iu.jpg

I didn't get the shapers key when i killed him. Is there something you have to do?

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    invxg2pmppp0.jpg

9sje269o64iu.jpg

I didn't get the shapers key when i killed him. Is there something you have to do?

Not sure I just talked with Zana when I got in made sure she didnt say anything different when I passed her by and the key dropped.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Xophs blood acquired.

Now it's a matter of 6 linking my ele hits and getting endgame gear.

Also, topped 5k life and regret orb'd about 14 skills and I'll be maxing out the Scions life nodes for endgame.

Tooltip says I lost 10k DPS. The swaths of the dead beg to differ. God daaaaaamn.

How accurate is the DPS counter for each equipped skill? I've been using it as a way to gauge gear improvements, but I've noticed that faster caster speed is seems to massively affect the calculation - moreso than % increases to Spell or Elemental Damage.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The tooltip DPS ranges from "reasonably accurate" to "hahahaha fucking stupid inaccurate". Generally the best way to measure how much DPS you're doing and how certain upgrades will affect it is to use the external program Path of Building.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    Xophs blood acquired.

Now it's a matter of 6 linking my ele hits and getting endgame gear.

Also, topped 5k life and regret orb'd about 14 skills and I'll be maxing out the Scions life nodes for endgame.

Tooltip says I lost 10k DPS. The swaths of the dead beg to differ. God daaaaaamn.

How accurate is the DPS counter for each equipped skill? I've been using it as a way to gauge gear improvements, but I've noticed that faster caster speed is seems to massively affect the calculation - moreso than % increases to Spell or Elemental Damage.

Speed is a ×more modifier always but I'd say tooltip boosts for everything but attack/cast speed are fine as long as you compare the skill to itself. 10k DPS for one skill won't line up for 10k DPS on another.

Path of Building is your best bet because it can take into account potions, curses, buffs, distance to enemy, and a lot of other things that the tooltip DPS has a hard time really taking into account.

My single shot ele hit is at 140k DPS in the game, but Path of Building puts it at almost 800k with buffs and curses active, which is how I would use my single shot anyway.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Also if your damage comes from a dot effect like bleed or poison just go ahead and ignore the tooltip entirely. It has no idea how to calculate crimson dance .

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    looking up builds for the aug start and i think i may have fallen in love with glacial cascade totems

rolls hiero for extra totem and MoM eHP buffs, plus the glacials melt bosses with the right setups

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Also if your damage comes from a dot effect like bleed or poison just go ahead and ignore the tooltip entirely. It has no idea how to calculate crimson dance .

PoB is necessary for gear upgs for these builds. i was very concerned on my lacerate bleed build, only 12k dps tooltip

turns out in pob its 40k stacking bleed x 8

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Leveling a new character, was thinking about skipping a meh lvl 46 temple... decided to do a few parts of it, ended up getting a Perandus Manor Map. 8-)

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    This is an incredible clip

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughAgileSageBibleThump

Don't remove your aura-providing +essential-stats-having shield in the middle of mapping folks

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I just found this in a temple. Am I rich?

PDlzE5k.jpg

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    @Griswold The only thing that gives me pause with that amulet is I don't know how valuable flat added phys damage and elemental damage with attack skills are together. Obviously it's great for builds using full conversion to elemental (like Elemental Hit, natch), but if this amulet is worth a fortune then they're probably already spending less than that fortune on a Xoph's?

This is a search that looks for the three generic ones plus one of either WED or +Phys;

http://poe.trade/search/ahomokaresiken

The +STR/DEX base is pretty good; people generally want Onyx amulets as rare bases so double stat is also nice. This is an amulet for Attackers who might already have enough STR, but it's still extra Life so not bad at all.

It's easily worth a couple Ex, I think, but rare amulets can be tricky to sell.

• Options
    Jewelry is so rough to price. Especially amulets as the builds that would use that use other amulets like blind dmg or shock or covering things in ash.

Its a fine looking amulet though. It has all the pieces but I would agree .5-2ish ex probably.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    if it had good resists on it it would be worth like 5-10 ex at least

• Options
    edited July 2018
    PiptheFair wrote: »

You realize crit/crit are both suffixes, right? I agree the lightning resist roll is unfortunate, but people typically look for damage on amulets, and this is a lot of damage.

We'll see if it sells

Griswold on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »

You realize crit/crit are both suffixes, right? I agree the lightning resist roll is unfortunate, but people typically look for damage on amulets, and this is a lot of damage.

We'll see if it sells

Crit chance is generally pretty low value on gear. Crit multi is the hot stat. You could remove the draft and add a res pretty easily.

Open suffixes in general on jewelry are good to have and make juggling gear for stats/resists/Wise Oak balancing a lot easier. Open prefixes have less value. The good prefixes are stats you want T1 rolls of whenever possible and Master crafts won't do much.

It's a good amulet. I know that amulets are competitive slots for many builds but most of the high value unique ones are niche (Xoph for AoF, Presence for low life, Astramentis) or surpassed by a solid rare (Choir and Pandemonius). Even most of the chase Elder/Shaper affixes are for niche builds.

You could slot that into almost any elemental attack build and get a lot out of it. It's utterly ridiculous for Doomfletch.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Griswold wrote: »

We'll see if it sells

Crit chance is generally pretty low value on gear. Crit multi is the hot stat. You could remove the draft and add a res pretty easily.

Open suffixes in general on jewelry are good to have and make juggling gear for stats/resists/Wise Oak balancing a lot easier. Open prefixes have less value. The good prefixes are stats you want T1 rolls of whenever possible and Master crafts won't do much.

It's a good amulet. I know that amulets are competitive slots for many builds but most of the high value unique ones are niche (Xoph for AoF, Presence for low life, Astramentis) or surpassed by a solid rare (Choir and Pandemonius). Even most of the chase Elder/Shaper affixes are for niche builds.

You could slot that into almost any elemental attack build and get a lot out of it. It's utterly ridiculous for Doomfletch.

That's a fair point re: crit chance vs. a resist.

H54pbjP.jpg

• Options
    And that is why I dislike pricing jewelry heh. At least ones with not gg combinations like that one.

Seems like the luck is slowing down for the league but that is ok. Ive run shaper 5 times or so and gloves and boots every time. Run red elder a bunch and all nebulochs and gloves. I had a 83 temple map room give me like 4 maps of not 15+. Ahh yeah the game heh. I think I will try to double corrupt my bow and quiver here soon and if it goes bad move back to trapper or some other end league experimental build.

• Options
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Um that is a game I never knew I wanted

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I want to write up a fluff blurb for it, but I don't think I could manage it.

Although, it really should be ranger with a gun, and duelist being a street samurai looking guy.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I have a similar question about pricing:

cojRvQI.png

It looks like the closest competitor is 30C, but the rolls on mine are better. It seems like a dream for lightning traps

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I have a slight obsession with Slavedriver's Hand now.
    I have three copies and it is my favorite item of league atm.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »
    I have a similar question about pricing:

cojRvQI.png

It looks like the closest competitor is 30C, but the rolls on mine are better. It seems like a dream for lightning traps

There is a massive glut of high damage scepters with Incursion mods at reasonable prices. Ideal ones have good local attack speed rolls (for shield charge). Yours is good and is especially nice for lightning spire traps. I don't think it's exalt priced though.

I'm rather disappointed with the Matatl (trap) mods in general. Compared to Topotante or Puhuarte they're lackluster. Even the defensive ones like Guatelitzi are great. The mana and minion ones are also pretty bad in general.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Yea I didn't think it was exalt sadly. I tossed it up for like 30C. I figure I'll drop the price every couple of days until it goes.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the problem with trying to sell mid-range trap weapons is that shimmeron exists and you can just get something decent for a couple C if you don't have the currency yet

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Got Uber Elder down to about a quarter life left on both on my best attempt. I think I can do it but holy shit does that fight get hectic. Ran out of currency to do him for now so perhaps next league. Have to figure out what is causing my game to drop frames when there is a combination of shaper going kamehameha and elder throwing out ice as that killed me a couple times.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    So I'm leveling up this CI Occultist BV character to take on Uber Elder with, right? This morning I bought a 295 ES helmet with ~65 total elemental resists for 50c. Very nice.

Did my Uber Lab a couple hours ago and threw the enchant on it and it landed 40% Arc damage. Sold that for 12ex, lol.

And now I can buy a hubris with 30% BV duration and craft on it.

• Options
    Today on "interesting and creepy hideouts of others"

z0kwr5l3n91d.jpg

• Options
    So I'm leveling up this CI Occultist BV character to take on Uber Elder with, right? This morning I bought a 295 ES helmet with ~65 total elemental resists for 50c. Very nice.

Did my Uber Lab a couple hours ago and threw the enchant on it and it landed 40% Arc damage. Sold that for 12ex, lol.

And now I can buy a hubris with 30% BV duration and craft on it.

Yeah so

I bought that Hubris for 4ex, messed with it for like 30 seconds then went to have dinner

Just came back to mess with it again for a few minutes before bed

But first I cleaned up my inventory

So yeah, I vendored a 4ex crafting base

go me

Don't PoE when you're tired, kids

• Options
    Late league Biscos drop neat.

• Options
    Late league Biscos still worth something, at least.

I am worried because I earlier spent 7ex on a spare 6linked Incandescent Heart and I'm grinding Quarry temples trying to get a t3 corruption chamber so I can hit it. 50% chance of pissing away the rest of the currency from my Arc hat sale, lol.

• Options
    Late league Biscos still worth something, at least.

I am worried because I earlier spent 7ex on a spare 6linked Incandescent Heart and I'm grinding Quarry temples trying to get a t3 corruption chamber so I can hit it. 50% chance of pissing away the rest of the currency from my Arc hat sale, lol.

I really wish we still had the "Witness Me" reaction available in the forums

• Options
    Oh man, that'd make for a great video clip. Witness Me! -> Poof -> Mediocre!

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Hey all - I'm trying to gear up to do Shaper/Elder for the first time and I'm hitting a wall in T14's / T15's with bosses at level 89. I'm following a guide (below) and I don't really know what I'm missing - is this just an issue of HP rolls on items? Gear as follows:
    B0tpwyXh.png
    A6BfpqOh.png
    RTCjBMnh.png
    F1CXL49h.png
    5poEt3Vh.png
    2UoRyeAh.png
    7Mz1ob6h.png
    D9eqiiYh.png
    oUndSCJh.png
    Oauj4wFh.png

I'm at 5036 life, 78/78/78 resist to take advantage of Wise Oak per the guide, and -28% chaos res.

Guides I'm following:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Octavian0/characters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvV0r3JbfQ

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The gear looks fine. The extra trap gloves though is a rather huge dps boost for these builds as it applies to all traps you throw. Other than I think the improvement would be the extra abyss slot as trapper builds tend to be low life and every little bit helps (dont think its make or break though) and gem levels/quality . Are your gems 20/20 (that can be large dps increase)? You know you can take a 20 level gem and sell it to a vendor with a gcp and it will give you back level 1 20 quality gem right?

I think I found my new favorite league starter. Skele Necro. Cheap gear and big damage.

Jubal77 on
This discussion has been closed.