As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    So i explored the map and found the shootables I thought I'd find on my own and found a guide online. Now I'm at 43/45, and I'm unsure of which one I've missed. I know one of them is a javelin shootable that I just have to wait for an event to happen around.

The other, I'm not sure. The headache is knowing which one in the guide as I was going through that I just missed it, aside from the ones that I actually already just had.
    But that was enough to get the exotic sword. I haven't tried it out but it looks pretty cool and the traits are neat?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Peen wrote: »
    As far as I know you can still get the Season 2 ornaments, so that's something at least.

Is the S2 progress still being counted?

If so, does anyone wanna smash through some Trials on Xbox tonight so I can complete 2 Trials challenges?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm ya boi

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    on pc the pvp has the worst feeling of any shooter ive played in the last 10 years

the game has nearly zero hit response from enemies, the worst implementation of networking and generally awful floaty movement for a pvp game

it just isnt really fit for purpose - it is faintly astonishing they havent considered dedicated servers?

They have considered - and rejected - pure dedicated servers. They have a weird hybrid model where things like physics are calculated on a dedicated server but other things are done on a p2p basis. D1 didn’t have the dedicated physics host part of the solution but they did do a talk at GDC about how they chose what they did.

However, the thing they don’t mention is that at half a billion dollars to develop and barely bettering that in revenue a pure dedicated server model would have tipped that scale.
    on pc the pvp has the worst feeling of any shooter ive played in the last 10 years

the game has nearly zero hit response from enemies, the worst implementation of networking and generally awful floaty movement for a pvp game

it just isnt really fit for purpose - it is faintly astonishing they havent considered dedicated servers?

As far as I can tell Bungie is basically running the same networking solution that they developed initially for Halo 2 and it is really frustrating.
    They aren’t, hence the lack of rubber banding during coop and the fact that host migrations are entirely transparent to the player despite occurring approximately every 160 seconds on average.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    So i explored the map and found the shootables I thought I'd find on my own and found a guide online. Now I'm at 43/45, and I'm unsure of which one I've missed. I know one of them is a javelin shootable that I just have to wait for an event to happen around.

The other, I'm not sure. The headache is knowing which one in the guide as I was going through that I just missed it, aside from the ones that I actually already just had.
    But that was enough to get the exotic sword. I haven't tried it out but it looks pretty cool and the traits are neat?

You can always start an Escalation Protocol, find one of the Valkyrie vents, "Dispel the Corruption" and get the Valkyrie to shoot the thingie and then leave.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

You can always start an Escalation Protocol, find one of the Valkyrie vents, "Dispel the Corruption" and get the Valkyrie to shoot the thingie and then leave.

This requires an armour code

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

They drop from the sky like rain if you do anything on Mars. Unless you're sitting there grinding out successive EPs they're not worth worrying about.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

If you do anything on Mars you get them like candy, they're super common.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

If you do anything on Mars you get them like candy, they're super common.

You can get RNG screwed I've found.

I didn't get more than one for like 4 days straight and now I can't get rid of them fast enough.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I think I have one or two of those but I'll have to check, I used two already for the other two that exist. I just didn't want to cause a headache for the rest of the server for me to get one little thing.

It's possible that the one i'm missing is on that huge bridge area thing but I can't tell, ugh I'll have to look again

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Hey guys! Haven't logged into Destiny in a while. Never got around to doing Raid Lair 1. Logged in yesterday and got my character to 340 and started doing the new campaign. The new Raid Lair looks like it's super challenging. Hopefully I can find some of the old crew.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm ya boi

If ya'll can start a little later, between 10 and 11 eastern, I'm in.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

They have considered - and rejected - pure dedicated servers. They have a weird hybrid model where things like physics are calculated on a dedicated server but other things are done on a p2p basis. D1 didn’t have the dedicated physics host part of the solution but they did do a talk at GDC about how they chose what they did.

However, the thing they don’t mention is that at half a billion dollars to develop and barely bettering that in revenue a pure dedicated server model would have tipped that scale.

ye i saw the gdc talk ages ago

i dont mean generically - i understand why they do what they do for pve which works fine - but for pvp the p2p model adds so much disgusting jank. given how much people enjoy pvp i think it would have been worth the effort to go for dedicated specifically for that, although i suppose its possible they stuck the p2p model so deep into the engine that its impossible to disentangle

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    As far as I know you can still get the Season 2 ornaments, so that's something at least.

If so, does anyone wanna smash through some Trials on Xbox tonight so I can complete 2 Trials challenges?

If the group needs one more later tonight I volunteer as victim

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    For Honor had a similar hybrid mode.

They phased it out, thankfully.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I could be a warm body in a Trials group if y'all are in dire need of a last team member.
    There's no radar now right? That could be interesting.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    brawler and airborne today for heroics

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't know if i'm the only one but i feel like adding heroic strike modifiers has only accomplished taking an activity i really didn't have much interest in doing repeatedly once i no longer needed to

and turned them into an activity i really don't have any interest in doing repeatedly once i no longer need to that are frustrating as fuck

i think i don't understand what people find fun about video games because it seems to always be completely opposite of what i find fun

like having fun

apparently having fun is not something people like about video games

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm ya boi
    I'm ya boi

If ya'll can start a little later, between 10 and 11 eastern, I'm in.

If the group needs one more later tonight I volunteer as victim

Well, it's hard to find any real confirmation, but it's looking like you can't actually get the S2 ornaments anymore, which was my main motivation

but if in fact you three gentlemen are online tonight, it would still be fun to shoot mans and cuss at each other and maybe get a new gun or something

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno, I was having a lot more fun in Heroic Strikes last night now that they require paying attention and not just sprinting past 80% of the enemies to get to the boss. I dunno if I'd do them ad infinitum but that's more an issue with rewards than the content itself.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I dunno, I was having a lot more fun in Heroic Strikes last night now that they require paying attention and not just sprinting past 80% of the enemies to get to the boss. I dunno if I'd do them ad infinitum but that's more an issue with rewards than the content itself.

i feel like there's a happy medium somewhere between skipping all the content and slamming your dick in a door over and over

like i dunno

the nightfall with scoring

• Options
    Honestly

I did have fun doing strikes last night with the melee instakills

We got through the 5 strikes I needed for Ikelos pretty easily, only wipe a couple times through the whole thing. The only strike we nope'd out of at the beginning was Exodus Down

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular

I've been playing Mario Odyssey a lot lately and one of my favorite things about that game is that each collectible has its own number. It makes it infinitely easier to hunt down the last one or two you're missing when you know specifically what they are (or how to google them).

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Remember how the S2 Raid ornaments weren't actually possible to get and they never patched that? They're just straight up removed in S3. Are they embarrassed about that? I sure would be if I was them...

• Options
    Remember how the S2 Raid ornaments weren't actually possible to get and they never patched that? They're just straight up removed in S3. Are they embarrassed about that? I sure would be if I was them...

you can totally get the S2 raid lair ornaments

just look at the S3 raid lair armor

• Options
    i'm pretty sure the raid lair 2 armor was originally going to be the lair 1 prestige armor

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i feel like there's a happy medium somewhere between skipping all the content and slamming your dick in a door over and over

like i dunno

I did not find the Heroics to be slamming my dick in a door though, I found it to be an enjoyable challenge.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular

like i dunno

I did not find the Heroics to be slamming my dick in a door though, I found it to be an enjoyable challenge.

What LL are you? Is it a case of "don't bother if you're not 350"? Because I want to give them a shot, but sitting at 347 I dunno if it's worth it or not...

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    Hyperion wrote: »

like i dunno

What LL are you? Is it a case of "don't bother if you're not 350"? Because I want to give them a shot, but sitting at 347 I dunno if it's worth it or not...

there is a huge difficulty drop after crossing 350

• Options
    but some of the modifiers are still shit regardless

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Judging by the activity in this thread, feels like at least some people came back for Warmind. Good to see.

• Options
    So far progression without Coo levels is pretty tough, I died like 5 times on the opening mission because I was 20LL short of the recommended light. I also find it funny items drop at my LL around 305 but I can't put them on because I was lvl21 yet.

Mars patrol zone is neat but stinks to be locked out of so much to start. Story is the same old safe, boring stuff where papa Zavala gets mad you played with his toys and then lets you do it anyway. I guess I'm going into PvP now, haven't played since the gotta go fast update so we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    edited May 2018

The EoW ornaments were supposed to come from Prestige EoW and has yellowish holographic light stuff, like the Prestige Leviathan armor has the purple lights

The SoS armor is basically the EoW armor with some new bits stuck on here and there (a retool one could say), it doesn't have the yellow lighting. Does the SoS armor have ornaments now? If so I haven't seen it

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The EoW ornaments were supposed to come from Prestige EoW and has yellowish holographic light stuff, like the Prestige Leviathan armor has the purple lights

The SoS armor is basically the EoW armor with some new bits stuck on here and there (a retool one could say), it doesn't have the yellow lighting. Does the SoS armor have ornaments now? If so I haven't seen it

Yea, you can look at them at raid vendor. Didn't notice glowy bits but mostly I didn't really look.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

A kitbash?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    i realized halfway through making my joke that i was transposing prestige and ornaments in my head but i just ran with it

• Options
    I hate you guys

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I haven't done any of the new heroic strikes yet.

I queued up yesterday despite being 346 and the presence of the melee instakill mod because I wanted to work on something even if it was frustrating.
    Sat in the queue for a while and then it put me into one of the CoO strikes alone. So I guess avoiding that queue (at least on melee instakill day) is pretty common.

I like the idea of mods for the strikes playlist because it gives me an incentive to play a different way from my norm. If it's a particular burn I can swap out some gear that normally collects dust and try it out because it fits what I'm trying to do/avoid. I never use the exotic warlock wing armor, for example, but I'll dust that shit off and put it on for an Airborne modifier.

That said, some of the mods are just "fuck you, I hope you like hard because it's harder now, period" like Trickle, Glass, and Blackout. Those aren't interesting. As optional things to give you more points they're pretty cool, conceptually, but as across-the-board things that make some strikes just punishingly, stupidly difficult I feel like they're missing the mark.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    I haven't done any of the new heroic strikes yet.

I queued up yesterday despite being 346 and the presence of the melee instakill mod because I wanted to work on something even if it was frustrating.
    Sat in the queue for a while and then it put me into one of the CoO strikes alone. So I guess avoiding that queue (at least on melee instakill day) is pretty common.

I like the idea of mods for the strikes playlist because it gives me an incentive to play a different way from my norm. If it's a particular burn I can swap out some gear that normally collects dust and try it out because it fits what I'm trying to do/avoid. I never use the exotic warlock wing armor, for example, but I'll dust that shit off and put it on for an Airborne modifier.

That said, some of the mods are just "fuck you, I hope you like hard because it's harder now, period" like Trickle, Glass, and Blackout. Those aren't interesting. As optional things to give you more points they're pretty cool, conceptually, but as across-the-board things that make some strikes just punishingly, stupidly difficult I feel like they're missing the mark.

the end boss fight is 99% melee adds and melees instakill you and you can't see them coming

is a stupid thing

but like other modifiers can be fun and interesting

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i went for a quick run around finding shootables but only found 3-4. I found a lot more of those locked prisms that need override codes. I want to know their mystery too!

I should probably finish the campaign