As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I got a ghost earlier that has detect cache/resource in a single perk.

The second perk was +10%xp

Both for EDZ.

That's pretty rad. I didn't know there was a unified perk like that.

Moar plz!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Got my Sleeper Simulant! Haaaaaha!

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    I feel like this is a stupid question, but powerful rewards from Raids/Raid Lairs...do you only get one each like the other milestones, or do you get multiple because it’s a longer encounter?

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hyperion wrote: »
    I feel like this is a stupid question, but powerful rewards from Raids/Raid Lairs...do you only get one each like the other milestones, or do you get multiple because it’s a longer encounter?

the loot at the end of the encounters are powerful as well as your first run through the castellum and the exotics

the legendaries from underbelly chests will just be regular

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Chanus wrote: »

the loot at the end of the encounters are powerful as well as your first run through the castellum and the exotics

Got it. So how many powerful items do you usually get from say, the raid lair?

Oh also, Cayde’s treasure maps, I forget: yay or nay? To level up, I mean. I’m assuming they’re not powerful level, but are they soft capped at 340 too?

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Lair has 4 possible powerful drops

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Oh also, Cayde’s treasure maps, I forget: yay or nay? To level up, I mean. I’m assuming they’re not powerful level, but are they soft capped at 340 too?

i actually don’t remember about cayde’s maps but i think they’re not powerful rewards

the lair is three i believe? and leviathan is five plus however many exotics you get out of three possible

sure four that’s what i said

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    SMC raid run was a good one this morning. got my titan to 362 now and picked up a huckleberry which is fun but i dunno that i’ll actually use because SMGs are hard

one more raid tomorrow morning and all else i have to do really is grind catalyst requirements on borealis and DARCI which should uh

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

The raid got me to 353 so hopefully now Heroic strikes will be a bit smoother.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    SMC raid run was a good one this morning. got my titan to 362 now and picked up a huckleberry which is fun but i dunno that i’ll actually use because SMGs are hard

one more raid tomorrow morning and all else i have to do really is grind catalyst requirements on borealis and DARCI which should uh

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

Problem is, other than for your milestone or the Simulant chain -- there's still really no reason to do them over the Nightfall :/

MagicPrime wrote: »

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

Problem is, other than for your milestone or the Simulant chain -- there's still really no reason to do them over the Nightfall :/

tbf for the milestone is a reason right now

sure four that’s what i said

Why are you filling my head with lies

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Cayde's chests have a much higher than normal chance for Exotic engrams, so that's something at least.

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

I'd like a reason to run more than 3 a week

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

have you tried playing nine characters

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Er, so it really seems like having a 3oC on while opening up the leveling engrams (forget what they're called now, not bright) dramatically changes what you get from them.

I know it's been mentioned by others here, but I just opened 9 on my warlock after leveling to 30 and got 6 different exotic rewards (and two armor items) vs my Hunter I did earlier, same amount, and got either one or none (can't recall). Warlock had a 3oC on, Hunter did not.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

the anecdotal evidence is entirely inconclusive but i believe in my heart in the 3oC

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

which should be fun

*snipes to death*

have you tried playing nine characters

So... about that intervention...

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    "Some people are upset" about the awesome thing Bungie did.

Fuck'em. That's awesome.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    who says you need to weapon swap a lot when using the lionbro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADeB5WmImQ&feature=youtu.be

im going to do a short video about how this weapon actually works because its fucking BIZARRE and the passive is nearly totally incorrect as a description of how it actually resets

Noted Australian streamer TheJ3z named the fighting lion the meme lion already. Pls respect

• rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Er, so it really seems like having a 3oC on while opening up the leveling engrams (forget what they're called now, not bright) dramatically changes what you get from them.

I know it's been mentioned by others here, but I just opened 9 on my warlock after leveling to 30 and got 6 different exotic rewards (and two armor items) vs my Hunter I did earlier, same amount, and got either one or none (can't recall). Warlock had a 3oC on, Hunter did not.

I have now reached...18 engrams with the 3oC on and have received exactly 1 exotic. Granted, that's about the same number of exotics I've gotten from all of D2 so far, so... progress?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    edit: nvm

3cl1ps3 on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    The IRL Valkyrie/challenge coins thing is pretty awesome but I wish the redditor hadn't posted the coordinates. I mean, even knowing how to work out the solution I know I'm never going to sit down and do the math much less fly up to NY and tromp out into the woods but even if no asshole goes and steals the whole cache and everyone sticks to the one-coin-each rule they'll be gone in a week.

That said, the fact that a fairly ambiguous-looking emblem on a wall that I actually walked past 3 times before spotting it when I was looking for it lead to such a thing is pretty awesome. I wish I were the sort of person who really gets into ARG/puzzle things like that because I can't quite imagine the feeling the folks who went out there and took the first photos must have had.

Unrelated to puzzles and spears... where do people see the mods on Heroic Strikes? I didn't see it anywhere in the in-game UI and it doesn't appear to be listed in the Destiny 2 Companion app that I could locate.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    ok last meme before i made an actual vid but the timing on this track made me laff while playing, god bless u will

trying out arcstrider to get more dodges and maybe some cheeky resets from punchy, but i suspect the spicy one is the reload on knife throw (although no exotic yet curse u gam)

https://youtu.be/RiHmJPaOsuw

the shame of this weapon is that it feels broadly useless outside a few very specific circumstances in raid/group content with lots of higher health enemies, although it does kind of ruin vex and anything with void shields on direct hits. it really is a great fun solo play weapon and kind of changes how you play, because ur constantly trying to manage this extremely weird buffered resource that requires you to actually land your hits - if you dont deal grenade damage in a certain amount of time you have no option but to manually reload if you havent reset recently. it also lets you do some really comical things with bigger enemies with adds, and some fun things with timing grenade explosions etc

also you have to animation cancel your reload / preventatively block it under certain circumstances which i think is probably the only thing in destiny like that?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    who says you need to weapon swap a lot when using the lionbro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RADeB5WmImQ&feature=youtu.be

im going to do a short video about how this weapon actually works because its fucking BIZARRE and the passive is nearly totally incorrect as a description of how it actually resets

Noted Australian streamer TheJ3z named the fighting lion the meme lion already. Pls respect
    Um his name is Monotone Complainy Guy and it's spelled Th3Jez.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So I just grabbed the dlcs, um, how come there's no achievements? Does anyone else find that odd? As an achievement junkie it kinda bugs me

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I don't remember if D1 had achievements for house of wolves/Dark below

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    GOOD GOLLY HOW IS EVERYONE ON MY TEAM ALWAYS SO BAD.

LIKE I MYSELF AM NOT PARTICULARLY GREAT SO YOU'D THINK IT'D BE EVEN ODDS THAT I GET TEAMMATES WHO ARE BETTER THAN ME.

I'M SORRY I'M JUST A BIT UPSET.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Beezel wrote: »
    I don't remember if D1 had achievements for house of wolves/Dark below

Yeah I've since realised it's a destiny thing but just was unexpected given pretty much every other games dlc packages that costs that much normally come with cheevos. Ah well

Prohass on
    Thinking about it I think it was Taken King that added a new set of achievements.

Surfpossum wrote: »

LIKE I MYSELF AM NOT PARTICULARLY GREAT SO YOU'D THINK IT'D BE EVEN ODDS THAT I GET TEAMMATES WHO ARE BETTER THAN ME.

I get irritated because it seems most of my losses in 4v4 are chalked up to which team isn't the better slayers so much as which team are better at controlling the power ammo. Once you lose your grip on the rotations, skill levels being about equal, stuff snowballs pretty damn fast

I actually like the changes to power ammo only giving one person the goods in this context because I remember in D1 where the heavy ammo round was opt in orbital bombardment and if you wanted to use an MG you found a nice place to hide until everyone blew their loads.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So yeah DARCI is ridiculous now, it's amazing for bosses like Calus where you need to dump a ton of damage into a stationary target.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    ok last meme before i made an actual vid but the timing on this track made me laff while playing, god bless u will

trying out arcstrider to get more dodges and maybe some cheeky resets from punchy, but i suspect the spicy one is the reload on knife throw (although no exotic yet curse u gam)

https://youtu.be/RiHmJPaOsuw

the shame of this weapon is that it feels broadly useless outside a few very specific circumstances in raid/group content with lots of higher health enemies, although it does kind of ruin vex and anything with void shields on direct hits. it really is a great fun solo play weapon and kind of changes how you play, because ur constantly trying to manage this extremely weird buffered resource that requires you to actually land your hits - if you dont deal grenade damage in a certain amount of time you have no option but to manually reload if you havent reset recently. it also lets you do some really comical things with bigger enemies with adds, and some fun things with timing grenade explosions etc

also you have to animation cancel your reload / preventatively block it under certain circumstances which i think is probably the only thing in destiny like that?
    The Crucible is where the Fighting Lion really shines. Its high burst damage becomes a lot more useful in there.

Beezel wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »

I get irritated because it seems most of my losses in 4v4 are chalked up to which team isn't the better slayers so much as which team are better at controlling the power ammo. Once you lose your grip on the rotations, skill levels being about equal, stuff snowballs pretty damn fast
    I actually like when it's apparent that one team is doing a better job of that; I generally don't feel like people can maintain control over power ammo unless their team is close or better.

I'm just salty because I'm 1-5 after a really long day, and lost a couple matches where the first round or two went really well.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2018
    If you’re in the 350s, and haven’t tried the prestige nightfall, give it a shot. It wasn’t as bad we thought it’d be, once we discovered and removed the -7 handicap we had set on the card from last week after wiping a couple of times.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ok so...once I hit 340 (and I don't think I'll be able to raid this week) I can open my milestones right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Ok so...once I hit 340 (and I don't think I'll be able to raid this week) I can open my milestones right?
    I think I saw someone mention 345, but instead of trusting my terrible memory I have googled and per this random article you should be good to go.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

With or without purple mods?

PSN|AspectVoid
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Warmind is good. The hidden gems to shoot, the bonus weapons, and a whole slew of really fun looking sparrows/ships to grind for just might be enough to keep me past the first two weeks of the expansion. I wouldn't say the campaign story is better than Osiris, but the lore sure as hell is. It definitely feels more engaging. Pretty dang solid.

Definitely feels like improvements. I even like the new eververse 10 item grid thing, as its always nice to actually see what you are progressing towards. If you did want to spend money on the game, looks like you'd at least know what you're buying into this way.

Got a fighter jet ship and a disco ball ghost (the new vehicle exotic with fast summons/reload). I just love the diversity of the designs I'm seeing in Warmind so far. The revamped classic OG ship in Vanguard ranks and this new glory rank might be some good long term goals (altho tbh I've always shied away from strikes in this game). Pretty cool stuff.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing