As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So, I have embraced the Linear Fusion Rifle gods. I found that I had a Tarantula in my vault that was something like LL 200 or less, infused it up, and have discovered what I've been missing all my life.

Work towards Sleeper Simulant - you're in for a treat.

I got my Sleeper over the weekend actually. But I think for practical reasons the Tarantula is still the better option. But I do enjoy blasting some things with the Sleeper just like the D1 Days.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I've played 36 hours since Warmind released on Tuesday. I have 0 exotic catalysts.

Fuck RNG.

cough

I may have gotten the Crimson, Borealis, DARCI and Tractor Cannon catalysts

maybe

cough

Continue to be good RNGesus

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think the hardest part about this DARCI masterwork is other idiots running around shooting things

i wish i could buy heavy ammo synths and go sit in a lost sector

I know this is counter intuitive, cause lol pvpsniping, but I forgot to take DARCI off in the Crucible and just used it out of laziness. It seemed like it counted any sniper kills towards the total (and maybe a bonus for headshots). I went from 0 to like 35% in a handful of matches. The nice thing about DARCI is its quick enough and has enough magazine to just bodyshot people to death. 15 kills toward my sniper ornament~

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think the hardest part about this DARCI masterwork is other idiots running around shooting things

i wish i could buy heavy ammo synths and go sit in a lost sector

I know this is counter intuitive, cause lol pvpsniping, but I forgot to take DARCI off in the Crucible and just used it out of laziness. It seemed like it counted any sniper kills towards the total (and maybe a bonus for headshots). I went from 0 to like 35% in a handful of matches. The nice thing about DARCI is its quick enough and has enough magazine to just bodyshot people to death. 15 kills toward my sniper ornament~

nice

yeah i'm gonna give it a go eventually, it's any kills with it so that's less discouraging

i was surprised how quickly i could rack up headshot kills with crimson, i got like 35 doing one call to arms run

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I've played 36 hours since Warmind released on Tuesday. I have 0 exotic catalysts.

Fuck RNG.

cough

I may have gotten the Crimson, Borealis, DARCI and Tractor Cannon catalysts

maybe

cough

Continue to be good RNGesus

440ptcN.png

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I just looked, like actually looked, at the new Crucible ornament requirements last night and can I just say fuck you to whoever came up with them. I don't want to use a sniper rifle, like ever, and I don't want to have to hit 250 headshot kills with a hand cannon, and honestly I don't care about the ornaments that much but it was nice to be able to get them by just kinda doing my thing.

Also the new Iron Banner ornaments are hot fuckin shit and I can't wait to grind my life away for them.

Also Antiope/GLance continues to be stupid, I beat the brakes off a bunch of people last night and it felt great.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, being forced to use a certain weapon type to earn that stuff blows

I guess I need to find a hand cannon for kinetic or energy, a pulse for whatever the HC doesn't fill, and then I guess DARCI and that's my Crucible loadout until Season 3 ends I guess because I hate myself and want to try to get the ornaments

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'd be much more inclined to chase ornaments if they were Age of Triumph styled ones, and not barely noticeable paint patterns.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The IB ornaments are big changes. Some of the others much less so.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I would like to see some ornaments come back like the hologram style we had in D1. Especially for the faction armors.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Fuck RNG.

I've played a very large amount (at least 20 hours) and have one, yeah it's pretty obnoxious.

On another note, I fucking love the Mars Titan armor. This is the first armor set we've had in D2 that looks like just a chunky Titan power armor. The rest were pretty much all either medieval knight style armor or that weird rectangular model that Shelter in Place/Retro-Grade TG2 use.

The models are solid, but the Mars armor commits the cardinal sin of having giant yellow/orange patches that don't change with shaders.

I actually really like those patches but I tend to color all my armor with shaders that are black/white or black/metal so I'm sure I'm in the minority for being a fan.

• Options
    I'd be much more inclined to chase ornaments if they were Age of Triumph styled ones, and not barely noticeable paint patterns.

That's the other reason I'm not going to stress about the Crucible ones, they're pretty whatever. The Season 2 ones were a noticeable change, these season 3 ones are much less so.

Also not having new Trials ornaments is some bullshit.

Also the Trials ship is an awful, awful lazy job by whoever was responsible for it.

I have a lot of thoughts this morning.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »

That's the other reason I'm not going to stress about the Crucible ones, they're pretty whatever. The Season 2 ones were a noticeable change, these season 3 ones are much less so.

Also not having new Trials ornaments is some bullshit.

Also the Trials ship is an awful, awful lazy job by whoever was responsible for it.

I have a lot of thoughts this morning.

I'm just using them as a way to give myself little goals and try new things (like snipers) even though the ornaments themselves are pretty butts. Hey you never know, maybe I'll only be half awful at using snipers in crucible instead of my current state from working on that ornament.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Whats this about a Trials ship?

Also if only there was a way to get IB gear and ornaments without playing IB...

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'd happily chase some of these ornaments if it weren't for the "seasonal" aspect of it. The time limit only discourages me from grinding them out.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

But *hot take* current IB is the only time the Crucible is fun

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Arteen wrote: »
    I'd happily chase some of these ornaments if it weren't for the "seasonal" aspect of it. The time limit only discourages me from grinding them out.

"Just go Flawless 7 times in this season so your copy paste Flawless Armor gets the skin it should have had from the start"

... Which also make it lose its only special thing about it, the glow.

Yeah, fuck seasonal awards, they make me want to play less, not more.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Fuck RNG.

I've played a very large amount (at least 20 hours) and have one, yeah it's pretty obnoxious.

On another note, I fucking love the Mars Titan armor. This is the first armor set we've had in D2 that looks like just a chunky Titan power armor. The rest were pretty much all either medieval knight style armor or that weird rectangular model that Shelter in Place/Retro-Grade TG2 use.

The models are solid, but the Mars armor commits the cardinal sin of having giant yellow/orange patches that don't change with shaders.

I see you forgot about the time that Bungie decided that everyone loves to be the twelfth man for Crucible gear. :|

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options

What I love is that by participating in what is probably the most active Crucible is you don't get to actually go up in Crucible rank. So for a week out of every month (give or take) you put your rank ups on hold because you want to play another mode. They should have your Valor go up during IB too, in the background just like Crucible faction used to do.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Hand Cannon kills aren't bad when using our lord and savior Crimson.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Welp, due to RL issues my group started raid about an hour late...when we have a pretty firm end time about 2 hours from our planned start.

But, since we knew we wouldn't have much time to work on prestige Calus, we thought we'd try and knock out challenge mode on prestige baths. And many wipes later, we did! Got a ton of LL increases out of it too, so it was pretty worth. Then knocked out Gauntlet but unfortunately no time for dogs.

The prestige raid does seem to be a pretty good way to get your LL up though.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Welp, due to RL issues my group started raid about an hour late...when we have a pretty firm end time about 2 hours from our planned start.

But, since we knew we wouldn't have much time to work on prestige Calus, we thought we'd try and knock out challenge mode on prestige baths. And many wipes later, we did! Got a ton of LL increases out of it too, so it was pretty worth. Then knocked out Gauntlet but unfortunately no time for dogs.

The prestige raid does seem to be a pretty good way to get your LL up though.

yeah, we don't do the prestige raid itself, but we did run castellum this week for the extra powerful reward

and we run dogs every time it's first because dogs is pretty quick

• Options
    edited May 2018

I thought nu-IB was fun or something?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    So I'm at work counting the hours until I can go home and play Destiny.

That hasn't happened since like...The Taken King.

Bungie did something with this DLC. I cannot put my finger on it. But for all its warts, they fixed something at a fundamental level.

• Options

I thought nu-IB, was fun or something?

it's not so much better as it feels like way less of a slog

• Options
    edited May 2018

I thought nu-IB, was fun or something?

It might be, I've just kind of Peace'd Out of the entire D2 PvP thing for the time being.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I have no idea why that comma is there... but yeah, over time D2 PVP has decidedly shifted away from a thing I want to play too.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    on pc the pvp has the worst feeling of any shooter ive played in the last 10 years

the game has nearly zero hit response from enemies, the worst implementation of networking and generally awful floaty movement for a pvp game

it just isnt really fit for purpose - it is faintly astonishing they havent considered dedicated servers?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

You don't even have to play that much to get it. They added a ship and sparrow and it seems like you automatically get them at 3 and 5 wins (maybe 5 and 7? I'd have to watch the video again), there's an exotic ghost that you get for going flawless, and three new guns that you can get based on the number of tokens that you turn it. The guns seem good but the ship is a very very lame reskin and the sparrow looks beyond awful. You don't lose the flawless glow when you get the ornaments, the location changes but it's still there.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    on pc the pvp has the worst feeling of any shooter ive played in the last 10 years

the game has nearly zero hit response from enemies, the worst implementation of networking and generally awful floaty movement for a pvp game

it just isnt really fit for purpose - it is faintly astonishing they havent considered dedicated servers?

As far as I can tell Bungie is basically running the same networking solution that they developed initially for Halo 2 and it is really frustrating.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

You don't even have to play that much to get it. They added a ship and sparrow and it seems like you automatically get them at 3 and 5 wins (maybe 5 and 7? I'd have to watch the video again), there's an exotic ghost that you get for going flawless, and three new guns that you can get based on the number of tokens that you turn it. The guns seem good but the ship is a very very lame reskin and the sparrow looks beyond awful. You don't lose the flawless glow when you get the ornaments, the location changes but it's still there.

My boots lose the glow.

Unless they changed it recently with a patch.

Sirialis on
  • Options

What I love is that by participating in what is probably the most active Crucible is you don't get to actually go up in Crucible rank. So for a week out of every month (give or take) you put your rank ups on hold because you want to play another mode. They should have your Valor go up during IB too, in the background just like Crucible faction used to do.

Oh, I didn't know it was like that

That's pretty dumb

You should get Valor in IB and Glory in Trials, what the hecks

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    So looking at it, yeah, the Trials ship is just a lame reskin

The sparrow though is a unique model, which I think is pretty cool. It's like some 70's style spaceship (edit - sorry, maybe more 60's, reminds me of a Shelby Cobra with the curves and bigmouth intake)

The exotic Ghost is a new model too, though it's meh to me

So there's no new Trials ornaments? Is it possible to still get Season 2's ornaments then?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Next week people are gonna wise up and stop chasing low health hunters around corners. But for now I’m really getting my glimmer’s worth out of those 3 class ability mods.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Next week people are gonna wise up and stop chasing low health hunters around corners. But for now I’m really getting my glimmer’s worth out of those 3 class ability mods.

That wormhusk helmet and Crimson has made my crucible life hilarious

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

Yeah, I was playing on one of the new maps yesterday that has a ton of smaller tunnels/corners/way to break sight lines. People kept making it to cover with one shot health left. After the first 2-3 I just stopped chasing them and accepted that I wasn't going to secure that kill.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I played the pvp again last night just to knock the rust off and man, my time away had dulled just how little fun there is to be had in Crucible in this game. Every match was just super boring.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options

My boots lose the glow.

Unless they changed it recently with a patch.

If this is warlock then I 100% stand corrected. That's dumb.

As far as I know you can still get the Season 2 ornaments, so that's something at least.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm excited to see how bad my grind up to the cap is seeing as how I never bought CoO

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I'm excited to see how bad my grind up to the cap is seeing as how I never bought CoO

You should get it, the lore on Brother Vance and Osiris is incredible.

Best story ever told in the Destiny universe.

... /s.

Sirialis on