As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Kinda ruins the whole risk reward mechanic if you’re just doing patrols to build stacks, and you have to regather them after every lost sector. The you’re just replacing lost sector time with patrol time, and patrols are The Worst Content

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    If my math is correct, which it likely isn't, I think you'd only need 20 Lost Sectors finished with 5×renown to to get rank 50. That is if you get 41 tokens every time, which got me more than 2 and half ranks cashed in.

I think someone mentioned a +25 token bonus for your first Lost Sector or something, which means you won't get 41 tokens every time.

Boo

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Oh hey, totally forgot about this!

Nascent Dawn 5/5 (thx Reddit)
    Step 1: 15 Javelin MultiKills (3+ quickly). Note: This week's meditation from Ikora includes the Will of Thousands mission, so you can farm Javelin kills during that quest. thanks u/Matzeroni Otherwise, either get a Warsat Event or start EP and use an Armory Code to get a Javelin (fastest during EP.

Step 2: 3 PvP matches completed. Interesting. Mayhem this week so that's kinda fun.

Step 3: Complete Nascent Dawn 5/5 quest (unlocked when you get this step). It;s just an easy version of the Strange Terrain Mission where you "kill" Nokris.

Step 4: Unlock the Sleeper node in the middle of the Alton Dynamo Server Room. As usual, opening this node gives you the Diary quest which you socket into the last server near Ana Bray.

The reward is the Polaris Lance Catalyst. The catalyst requires Enemies Defeated (at 0%, probably 300 as usual) and 50 kills with the Perfect Fifth perk. The masterwork gives the gun Dragonfly. That's all folks.

God damn it.
    How am I suppose to keep my perfect 0-0 pvp rating with this? Stupid quest requiring pvp.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    this is the first i'm hearing of 41 tokens for a lost sector completion fwiw

Didn't you say there was some kind of milestone for the first time you do it?

yeah, but 41 would still include 6 tokens i can't account for if it's 25 + 10 for the 5 renown

maybe +1 for a ghost that gives extra tokens?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    If my math is correct, which it likely isn't, I think you'd only need 20 Lost Sectors finished with 5×renown to to get rank 50. That is if you get 41 tokens every time, which got me more than 2 and half ranks cashed in.

I think someone mentioned a +25 token bonus for your first Lost Sector or something, which means you won't get 41 tokens every time.

Boo

Here
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Finish Lost Sector with full renown - 25 tokens

Do the exact same thing - 10 tokens

???

there's a milestone on the first one

So you got the milestone bonus on your first completion. Report back how many you are up after you do the second.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

Step 1: 15 Javelin MultiKills (3+ quickly). Note: This week's meditation from Ikora includes the Will of Thousands mission, so you can farm Javelin kills during that quest. thanks u/Matzeroni Otherwise, either get a Warsat Event or start EP and use an Armory Code to get a Javelin (fastest during EP.

Step 2: 3 PvP matches completed. Interesting. Mayhem this week so that's kinda fun.

Step 3: Complete Nascent Dawn 5/5 quest (unlocked when you get this step). It;s just an easy version of the Strange Terrain Mission where you "kill" Nokris.

Step 4: Unlock the Sleeper node in the middle of the Alton Dynamo Server Room. As usual, opening this node gives you the Diary quest which you socket into the last server near Ana Bray.

The reward is the Polaris Lance Catalyst. The catalyst requires Enemies Defeated (at 0%, probably 300 as usual) and 50 kills with the Perfect Fifth perk. The masterwork gives the gun Dragonfly. That's all folks.

God damn it.
    How am I suppose to keep my perfect 0-0 pvp rating with this? Stupid quest requiring pvp.

this day had to come eventually

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Hm so I went to go pledge to FWC and forgot they have you talk to each faction again (and it didn't trigger for FWC). Went over to NM to get that side done with, didn't realize that it didn't trigger, wasn't paying much attention but ended satisfying the requirement going DO - FWC - NM. I feel like the order shouldn't matter, but just in case: does anyone know if that thing requires you to speak to them in that order?

Because if so, that would explain why NM wins so much.

• Options
    Public events grant 3×, so I just loaded on the water side of EDZ, did the Cabal PE, and then ran along the coast and picked up patrols to get to 5.

I'm guessing it's 15 or 16 normally, I'll go do another to check

• Options
    Public events grant 3×, so I just loaded on the water side of EDZ, did the Cabal PE, and then ran along the coast and picked up patrols to get to 5.

holy ran one of each and ended up with

0 - 1 token
    1 - 2 tokens
    2 - 3 tokens
    3 - 4 tokens
    4 - 8 tokens
    5 - 10 tokens

unless he's lying to me. he is sneaky

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Does wearing faction gear affect how many tokens you get, maybe?

• Options
    unless you're using a ghost with a faction token perk and it gives one extra token per renown maybe?

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Hm so I went to go pledge to FWC and forgot they have you talk to each faction again (and it didn't trigger for FWC). Went over to NM to get that side done with, didn't realize that it didn't trigger, wasn't paying much attention but ended satisfying the requirement going DO - FWC - NM. I feel like the order shouldn't matter, but just in case: does anyone know if that thing requires you to speak to them in that order?

yeah you always talk to NM last

• Options
    you shouldn't have to talk to all of them each time though, just the first time you ever do a faction rally

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Y'all went from hyped to doing math and not sounding pleased about it?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I hope maybe this expansion brings more active players to the PC clan, it's been rough filling groups out for the raids sometimes.

I've been back (as in finally purchased D2) for a week and I brought 3 people (maybe a 4th soon) into the clan with me. That's nearly a raid team there! I believe 3 of the 5 of us are raid ready so hopefully we can do one later this week/end.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Y'all went from hyped to doing math and not sounding pleased about it?

We went back to eating cold leftovers.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I hope we get cool Cayde back in September

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Ugh.

My Warlock has a full set of New Monarchy minus the bond.
    My Titan has a full set of DO minus the towel.

Dammit. I got some work to do when I get home I guess!

• Options
    Ugh.

My Warlock has a full set of New Monarchy minus the bond.
    My Titan has a full set of DO minus the towel.

Dammit. I got some work to do when I get home I guess!

class item is the first turn in at least i believe

• Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Kinda ruins the whole risk reward mechanic if you’re just doing patrols to build stacks, and you have to regather them after every lost sector. The you’re just replacing lost sector time with patrol time, and patrols are The Worst Content

it is 100% just to throttle the titan lost sector method

• Options

holy ran one of each and ended up with

0 - 1 token
    1 - 2 tokens
    2 - 3 tokens
    3 - 4 tokens
    4 - 8 tokens
    5 - 10 tokens

unless he's lying to me. he is sneaky

Hmm yeah this seems to be right, just did one with a 4x stack and got 8. I'm wondering why I got more than usually my first run. I'm not wearing a faction ghost (though I should be). I do have a faction boosting ghost for Public events though, which got me 5 per Public event. Not sure how much you get normally.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Surfpossum wrote: »

yeah you always talk to NM last
    Wow okay that is... not ideal. No wonder they keep winning.

Also, it seems you keep your reknown when you die outside of Lost Sectors, in case anyone else also thought you lost it anytime you died. Source: I did a public event, then walked over to the chest without realizing there was a Cabal grenade along the way, got blown up, kept my three stacks of reknown never mind, you lose a stack per death and I didn't notice. Also, doing a Lost Sector with a full stack is so much more tense now, especially with the super slow regen.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    Yeah Wormhusk once again is key because of how slow you regen

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Probably been mentioned, but probably also worth repeating-- Exclusive Reward patch coming tomorrow, so you might want to hold off on your Nightfalls today.

IIRC, the bug only affected DLC Nightfalls, but I'm gonna wait just to be safe.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    so you gain 1 renown per patrol or 2 renown if you have a full set of your pledged faction's gear on

How much renown from a PE?

3 if it's heroic. dunno about normal.

Is that in full faction armor or no?

I had no idea your gear had any bearing.

So no.

Unrelated, the new Ana Bray quest: the first step says 15 javelin multikills but uh...those aren't counting. does it mean the polaris lance?

3+ kills in rapid succession with the Javelin (the red spear weapon from Rasputin) is what's required for the multikills. I read that the repeat adventure she is offering gives a perfect chance to farm those.

I'll check that out, thanks.

The explody thingies in lost sectors that used to give tokens, they don't now, they just explode. Are they just vestigial, or do they serve some other purpose I'm not seeing in the rally?

Hmmm....I don't know if I'm missing something but she doesn't have any new adventures, Heephaestus is the heroic, and none of the base 4 have any section with the Javelin in it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned, but probably also worth repeating-- Exclusive Reward patch coming tomorrow, so you might want to hold off on your Nightfalls today.

IIRC, the bug only affected DLC Nightfalls, but I'm gonna wait just to be safe.

It affected all non-Warmind Nightfalls, I think.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    so you gain 1 renown per patrol or 2 renown if you have a full set of your pledged faction's gear on

How much renown from a PE?

3 if it's heroic. dunno about normal.

Is that in full faction armor or no?

I had no idea your gear had any bearing.

So no.

Unrelated, the new Ana Bray quest: the first step says 15 javelin multikills but uh...those aren't counting. does it mean the polaris lance?

3+ kills in rapid succession with the Javelin (the red spear weapon from Rasputin) is what's required for the multikills. I read that the repeat adventure she is offering gives a perfect chance to farm those.

I'll check that out, thanks.

The explody thingies in lost sectors that used to give tokens, they don't now, they just explode. Are they just vestigial, or do they serve some other purpose I'm not seeing in the rally?

Hmmm....I don't know if I'm missing something but she doesn't have any new adventures, Heephaestus is the heroic, and none of the base 4 have any section with the Javelin in it.

It's Ikora's Will of the Thousands Meditation that people were thinking of.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Gimme that bow and trihorn ship yo

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fuck, look at the new DO cloak:
    3EkVpgH.jpg

• Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Gimme that bow and trihorn ship yo

I'm irrationally excited about maybe getting an Awoken ship again. I used my Skolas ship from the day I got it until D2 came out.

• Options
    Not sure how i feel about DO's subcolors being Brown and Green

I saw the new shader and was like... ew

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Yo that cloak design is ominous af

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    For whoever was wondering what that new Void Hunter super is, the crucible feed called it "Shadowmark" and the kills from it are labeled as [Void Blade].

Bringing back a bit of bladedancer, maybe?

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    So my faction rally investigations/top tips.

For each Lost Sector you do your tokens vary on renown in the following way:

0 renown: 1 token
    1 renown: 2 tokens
    2 renown: 3 tokens
    3 renown: 4 tokens
    4 renown: 8 tokens
    5 renown: 10 tokens

If you're wearing a full set of faction gear for the faction you're pledged to you get an additional renown stack every time you do something that would give you renown. So doing a heroic public event gives you 4, a patrol gives you 2.

My general thing is you do a heroic public event then a lost sector, giving you 13 tokens (5 for the public event and then 8 for the lost sector with 4 renown)

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »

God damn it.

this day had to come eventually

I also have yet to do any PvP in D2 and was hoping to keep it that way.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I got 9 tokens from my first strike

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    how do you get the faction armor? just through the faction reward engrams?

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Polaris Lance catalyst tip: apparently the 50 Perfect Fifth kills only trigger when the burn causes the kill. Redditor said he cleared it quickly in the Castellum.
    Headshot 4 Cabal to get the Perfect Fifth bullet and then use the explosive round to headshot a full HP Legionary. You'll bring him low enough that the last tick of the burn will kill him.

Good to know.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Polaris Lance catalyst tip: apparently the 50 Perfect Fifth kills only trigger when the burn causes the kill. Redditor said he cleared it quickly in the Castellum.
    Headshot 4 Cabal to get the Perfect Fifth bullet and then use the explosive round to headshot a full HP Legionary. You'll bring him low enough that the last tick of the burn will kill him.

Good to know.

That's dumb as fuck.

EDIT:
    how do you get the faction armor? just through the faction reward engrams?

Yes.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Some graphical info about the annual pass:

aMubU9D.jpg
    Rb2Yqd4.jpg