Emergency [chat] Protocol 7-B

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    VishNub wrote: »
    Wait are we scientist crowdsourcing a fruit ripening machine?

How have none of you just decided to make it salt the fruit slightly and say that it's providing even more vital electrolytes than other fruit

I feel there needs to be more vague health benefits

Add some bicarb and call it alkaline fruit? Put some soap on it and call it micellar fruit? Do nothing and call it magnetic fruit?

Hmm

We can probably leverage the radioactivity of potassium-heavy fruits to something something cancer

Ooh. Eating this fruit suppresses hunger, so it's good for weight loss.

Our ripening process increases the number of "probiotics" (via we're basically letting it rot more quickly than other fruit).

It's "raw" fruit. Or unpasteurized fruit.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Caught some Cowboy Bebop on a stream just now and I'm hit with a mix of thoughts--this feels at once super old (older than 1998) while still being beyond cool and painting a compelling space-fairing future world.

Sooo guess I'm pulling out the DVDs later.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    other things to startup:

my eyebrows are getting kind of bushy. can we do something about that?
    cooking is hard but I don't want a meal delivery service. what I want is delivery burritos at a greatly reduced price, also I want them immediately.
    also the burritos should make you skinny

let's get some venture capital yall

aren't bushy eyebrows trendy, or is the big eyebrow thing only in women's fashion?

Bushy isn’t the right word. Just that some eyebrow hairs are longer than others. Like, grandpa eyebrows

Yeah I get those stray mutant hairs that grow twice as fast and longer than the rest. Sometimes they pop up on an earlobe, too.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    hello fish

also that girl i was seeing broke it off before my trip

so ugh back to the grind

The good news is at first I thought she said she broke off your tip
    Shark mating rituals are pretty harsh! @Sir Landshark

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    also we should DEFINITELY have a co-working space right near all the science-y equipment and battery acid vats

Arch I want in to run the Social Media campaign.

How many bots do you control?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Wait are we scientist crowdsourcing a fruit ripening machine?

How have none of you just decided to make it salt the fruit slightly and say that it's providing even more vital electrolytes than other fruit

I feel there needs to be more vague health benefits

Add some bicarb and call it alkaline fruit? Put some soap on it and call it micellar fruit? Do nothing and call it magnetic fruit?

Hmm

We can probably leverage the radioactivity of potassium-heavy fruits to something something cancer

Ooh. Eating this fruit suppresses hunger, so it's good for weight loss.

Our ripening process increases the number of "probiotics" (via we're basically letting it rot more quickly than other fruit).

It's "raw" fruit. Or unpasteurized fruit.

So, to recap: we have raw fruit, with high levels of probiotics, that probably something something cancer*, with the electrolytes your brain needs for healthy function*.

*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I want to be clear

$250 a month is too much but I would pay for a home invader to groom me while I sleep

Even if I had to take a sedative

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Caught some Cowboy Bebop on a stream just now and I'm hit with a mix of thoughts--this feels at once super old (older than 1998) while still being beyond cool and painting a compelling space-fairing future world.

Sooo guess I'm pulling out the DVDs later.

I'll pull out my Serenity DVD tonight in solidarity.

• Options
    I want to be clear

$250 a month is too much but I would pay for a home invader to groom me while I sleep

As someone who lives with an invasive groomer, it's actually kind of annoying.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I want to be clear

As someone who lives with an invasive groomer, it's actually kind of annoying.

While you sleep, though. If you wake up, you get a discount. It's cumulative. You set the parameters. Sometimes they will leave a candy.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Can we neutralize the ph of these ripening fruits, maybe get a pyramid over it while blasting it with positive thinking fruit noise sounds?

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The Betmax and VHS joke in Cowboy Bebop is still great.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    what if ethics were wasp eggs

then I'd be happily pest-free

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I feel like this would immediately cause a massive paradox re: me

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    A few of us are/were aware of/attended this place and talked about it before in chat before, but some of you may enjoy this article for the insanity that it was:
    What happened was, they sent employees down it. The first one smacked his face and his teeth got knocked out. The second person came out all cut up. When they went in, the first guy’s teeth had gotten stuck inside and cut the second guy.

mentalfloss.com/article/536412/action-park-water-park-oral-history

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Right-to-try has to be the biggest scam in medicine besides the many, many scams in medicine.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Do not bring weapons?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I thought the wasps were for social media.

Oh wait that is social insects. Maybe just release fire ants as a marketing gimmick.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    A few of us are/were aware of/attended this place and talked about it before in chat before, but some of you may enjoy this article for the insanity that it was:
    What happened was, they sent employees down it. The first one smacked his face and his teeth got knocked out. The second person came out all cut up. When they went in, the first guy’s teeth had gotten stuck inside and cut the second guy.

mentalfloss.com/article/536412/action-park-water-park-oral-history

Traction Park is a wild story. Shockingly, the owner's son and once employee is a continual plague/cancer/source of amusement in local politics.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

I'm real curious if let's say another 10 years from now that joke still holds together. I feel like it's sufficiently explained as 'old tech' that it'll be evergreen, but who knows.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    If someone could painlessly wax my legs while I sleep that'd be great

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    If someone could painlessly wax my legs while I sleep that'd be great

Yes hello I would like this service

It also has great opportunity for puns re: waxing with the moon.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Painless, heck I asked a shop about the cost to wax my butthole they told me Texa$

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    this is the best mashup I've listened too all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLGOhqBB65I

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I accepted a job offer and I guess I'm moving to the Council Bluffs area in Iowa sometime this summer. Job is coordinating tech in a school so I am both excited and super nervous. About a 15% raise over my current salary. Also a little sad because Colorado is pretty great other than that whole cost of living thing.

• Options
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »

I'm real curious if let's say another 10 years from now that joke still holds together. I feel like it's sufficiently explained as 'old tech' that it'll be evergreen, but who knows.

10 years from now and we'll be deep in the late 90s nostalgia wave so I expect there'll be a Cowboy Bebop anime reboot by then. Maybe they could have a joke about HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I accepted a job offer and I guess I'm moving to the Council Bluffs area in Iowa sometime this summer. Job is coordinating tech in a school so I am both excited and super nervous. About a 15% raise over my current salary. Also a little sad because Colorado is pretty great other than that whole cost of living thing.

I designed a new bridge that's going up out there

not ever planning to be on site cuz that's fuck off far from me but hey

when you're driving on I-80 at the interchange with US-29 just know that your life is in my hands and I was pretty disaffected with my job during that period of my life

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

when you're driving on I-80 at the interchange with US-29 just know that your life is in my hands and I was pretty disaffected with my job during that period of my life
    when you're driving on I-80 at the interchange with US-29 just know that your life is in my hands
    Hey, neat!
    and I was pretty disaffected with my job during that period of my life
    Oh! Oh.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I'm getting a tattoo tomorrow !!!

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

when you're driving on I-80 at the interchange with US-29 just know that your life is in my hands
    Hey, neat!
    and I was pretty disaffected with my job during that period of my life
    Oh! Oh.

it's probably fine

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

"Tribal" band around the bicep right?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I dunno Shark "fuck this shit" bridge doesn't really inspire confidence...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

how many spongebob characters you think you can fit

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

Get a shark

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dunno Shark "fuck this shit" bridge doesn't really inspire confidence...

look man it needed a name and it seemed appropriate at the time

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Vowels

I didn't know anyone else was even aware of kero kero bonito except me

• Options

Careful, I hear those things are permanent.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I swear the younger brother of Bernie Sanders is on my bus, and the jokes poking the government are killing it with him

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

"Tribal" band around the bicep right?

Butterfly on the lower back

bows on the back thighs

a swallow on one forearm an owl on the other

Havelock2.0 on
    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Oh hey someone invented a machine for making pure gasoline from biomass.

Unpacking all the implications and actual utility of such a device is gonna take some doing.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
This discussion has been closed.