As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West is over! Hope you had fun! FORUM PHOTO Posted on p9

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Oh hey, uh, thanks for reminding me that I have to actively ask someone to add that to the calendar at the bar now.

We would be lost without your former employers to provide us sanctuary!

So 30 August, 7 PM :wink:

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The bar has officially been warned.

The pact is sealed.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the final Seahawks pre-season game is that night, again. Fortunately, this has yet to be a problem and who gives shit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Who gives shit, indeed

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    @Aphostile you should stop by!

I wish but I’ll just be coming back from vacation around PAXW this year. I may not be able to even go to South this year either!

How dare you.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    IIIIIIII might be coming to this here shindig
    I didn't get passes but I may come out nonetheless

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    experience a pax the way i do graham

tho it's seattle so instead of hooters, you have to get bikini barista coffee every day

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    experience a pax the way i do graham

tho it's seattle so instead of hooters, you have to get bikini barista coffee every day

I honestly had not heard of that until a couple months ago and now I'm angry I've been to Seattle three times and nobody took me to one of these places

• Options
    they are drive throughs and i don't drive and i dunno if a lyft will do it but if they will.

we doing this

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    They are also not like, in the downtown area, typically.

Wait, did the Hooters on South lake Union close? If it did not, you could ride the S.L.U.T. to Hooters.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    ...the what?

• Options
    South Lake Union Trolley.

The city changed the name when t-shirts were made that read "Ride the S.L.U.T.".

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You've got to be shitting me

• Options
    seattle!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    You've got to be shitting me

I absolutely am doing no such thing.

• Options
    We working on room arrangements yet?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Oh shit, I just now realized that since we're moving to Magnolia soon, I won't be able to just walk to things for this PAX.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I am going to this

Not sure what days yet but I'll probably book flight in July

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    We working on room arrangements yet?

I have been waiting for someone else to bring this up.

• Options
    Flight booked
    Getting in Thursday night for Roanoke fun, heading out Monday afternoon

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I really ought to sort shit out for this. Never done one of these before, what are the good hotels to look at?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Ah, I always just rely on someone offering space in their room at the last minute, so I'm no expert

• Options
    But @OmnipotentBagel if you want a serious answer and not flippant bullshit, I have stayed at the Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown and the... I wanna say Renaissance Seattle? @Zonugal @Mysst where did we stay in 2014

Either way I enjoyed both of those

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I usually just go to priceline and find an express deal as close to the convention center as possible. The OnPeak hotels are not very discounted.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Just booked my flight! I'll be in town from the Thursday afternoon to Sunday morning.

@Grey Ghost and I are looking for potential roommates if anyone wants to call dibs! Especially if they have a preference for hotel because oh God I don't know what I'm doing

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I do not do pax proper but I may make an appearance at the Roanoke

we shall see what my card game obligations are looking like when the time comes

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I really ought to sort shit out for this. Never done one of these before, what are the good hotels to look at?

If you can get a room share at the Sheraton, that's your best bet; it's next door to the convention center, most of the popular panels end up in its satellite theaters, Merch Lite is right in the lobby, and it's walking distance from everywhere else.

Barring that, the Crowne Plaza and the Renaissance are both pretty good; the Crowne Plaza's not quite as nice, but it's a brisk five minute walk away from the WSCC through Freeway Park, which saves you having to walk up a steep-ass hill anytime you need to get back to your room.

Oh, and the Westin's not a bad call either; it's got the distinct disadvantage of being the furthest hotel away from everything, but assuming the layout's similar from the last couple years, they'll probably end up putting at least one theater in there, along with VR Freeplay, the signing area, and swag bag distribution. Plus it's right next door to the monorail station if you want to hit up the Space Needle or the EMP at some point. Also; closest hotel to Biscuit Bitch. And, yes, that is a selling point.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I wound up at the Westin this time around. Waiting for plans to firm up before I say anything about availability, and I'll probably try to switch into the Sheraton if I can.

• Options
    Alright, just confirmed with the Boss Man (yes I still call him that, shut up) that we will have the industry discount at the Roanoke as we did last year. Fortunately I have given myself enough time in advance this year to order buttons so that they will be delivered way ahead of the night itself.

I may order shirts of the same design, if demand warrants.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    In the past I have stayed at the Sheraton and the Westin.

The Westin is much nicer and only a short walk from the actual convention.

It's also usually a bit quieter to escape the general PAX crowds if you want to.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Y'all better come to the let's place panel

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Ok

rhylith on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Working on karaoke plans with @neville but he's been sick for a while and was in the hospital a bit, so I'll update later when he's feeling better.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Y'all better come to the let's place panel

The South panel was a hit! Can't wait for the next one.

• Options
    For anyone else who did not get a Saturday badge, or even if you did, would there be interest in something outside the convention? Unfortunately (in my opinion) the mariners are out of town that weekend, but I recently went on the Underground Tour for the first time in decades and had a good time. If there's interest, I can research further.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    How do I change the mailing address for my badge?

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    How do I change the mailing address for my badge?

Contact pax_questions@paxsite.com and they should be able to help you.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    For anyone else who did not get a Saturday badge, or even if you did, would there be interest in something outside the convention? Unfortunately (in my opinion) the mariners are out of town that weekend, but I recently went on the Underground Tour for the first time in decades and had a good time. If there's interest, I can research further.

Yo @Tonkka, I would be interested in something. I only have (and want) a pass for Sunday.

What were you thinking?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Well the only thing that has come to mind really is the Underground Tour, but that only takes about an hour or so. I was thinking that it would be a quick enough distraction from PAX that people could show up, do the tour, and get back to the convention center. It will depend on what people are in to on that day, and I was planning on waiting until the schedule was posted before really getting in to the details. Just posted about it to gauge interest.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Did they ever bring the Duck tours back?

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I definitely saw one trundling around on the road, at least, when I was in town for business last week.

ASimPerson on