Options

This thread is for talking about things on [Television]

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I kinda fell off the Sunny boat awhile back and haven’t really watched much.

...whatever crazy fuckin SEINFELD thing they’re pulling I’m 20000% back in for.

The show's always been pully crazy fuckin' SEINFELD things. The pitch of the show is basically "Seinfeld but racheted up to an extreme"

No I meant the literal shots of them in the Seinfeld apartment and Charlie with Lramers clothes and hair because what is happening

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLmdNUwkWc

Very excited for Wade Boggs v2, but does Dee look different?

I can’t tell birds apwait fuck I was beaten to this one

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    my favorite part of the it's always sunny season 13 trailer is the implication that without dennis in his life, mac finally gets buff

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Armando Ianucci has a new HBO series in the works

Avenue 5, a sci-fi space comedy, and is set to star Hugh Laurie

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I kinda fell off the Sunny boat awhile back and haven’t really watched much.

...whatever crazy fuckin SEINFELD thing they’re pulling I’m 20000% back in for.

The show's always been pully crazy fuckin' SEINFELD things. The pitch of the show is basically "Seinfeld but racheted up to an extreme"

No I meant the literal shots of them in the Seinfeld apartment and Charlie with Lramers clothes and hair because what is happening

Oh shit I missed that shot

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I saw the latest Better Call Saul. As much as I love watching Gus, Mike, etc. go about their business, that whole half of the show has gotten sundered enough from Jimmy's story that you gotta ask why it's even there. That storyline used to be about Mike but Mike as a character seems settled and satisfied now. He isn't driving the action anymore. My hope is that the focus of the cartel narrative shifts to Nacho rather than to Gus. Nacho's gotten a lot of screen time this season but so far he's been in passive acceptance mode. Giancarlo Esposito as Gus Fring is a joy to watch but I think they showed us enough of his back story in Breaking Bad that there's not a lot to mine for in Better Call Saul.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    At this point the Mike half of the show is completely self-indulgent, Jimmy's story is actually tackling new and interesting ground and Mike's plot is "here's some old shit!"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLmdNUwkWc

Very excited for Wade Boggs v2, but does Dee look different?

I can’t tell birds apwait fuck I was beaten to this one

Yeah but my comedic timing was way off due to faulty image tags so you get the W on this one.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Uh. The new Castle Rock episode was very good. Sissy Spacek really really knocks it out of the park.
    Maybe it was because the structure of the episode reminded me a lot of The Constant, but I was super worried they were going to add a supernatural element to Ruth's dementia. I'm very glad they just played that straight. As it was harrowing as hell.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Is Castle Rock an episodic anthology thing?

I was never actually clear on that.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    It's an anthology series with each season telling a single story

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I watched Patriot on my days off, and while I found it only so-so most of the time, that one scene with John and the homicide detective right before the interview was wonderful.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    How spooky is Castle Rock?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I watched the first three episodes of Castle Rock! It's a bit spooky, but I'm early in it so the spooky bits are mostly just gearing up.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Uh. The new Castle Rock episode was very good. Sissy Spacek really really knocks it out of the park.
    Maybe it was because the structure of the episode reminded me a lot of The Constant, but I was super worried they were going to add a supernatural element to Ruth's dementia. I'm very glad they just played that straight. As it was harrowing as hell.
    I think they kinda did, though. I believe the gunshots that bring Alan to the house are the gunshots that kill him.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Do you need to know anything beforehand to watch Castle Rock?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Do you need to know anything beforehand to watch Castle Rock?

Familiarity with Schoolhouse Rock is helpful, but not necessary

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I made sure to watch all of Castle beforehand just in case.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Where does Fraggle Rock fit into the equation?

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    How about the iconic nicholas cage vehicle know as The Rock?

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    In all seriousness though, Castle Rock stands on its own, but familiarity with King's work unlocks a lot of Easter Eggs. In particular: Needful Things, The Dark Half, The Shawshank Redemption, Cujo, The Body (Stand by Me), and The Shining.

One of the main characters, Alan Pangborn, is featured in the first two of those.

Edit: Almost forgot the other sideways referenced story set in Castle Rock, The Dead Zone; the reason Castle Rock probably doesn't want the new gazebo Molly is proposing.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well, I'm all caught up on Castle Rock

that last episode is...fucking hell

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    If you told me that Disenchanted was one of those "I made an AI watch all of The SImpsons and Futurama and it wrote this" jokes I would believe you. The pilot is just Matt leaning on his joke formulas over and over for 28 minutes.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    If you told me that Disenchanted was one of those "I made an AI watch all of The SImpsons and Futurama and it wrote this" jokes I would believe you. The pilot is just Matt leaning on his joke formulas over and over for 28 minutes.

The pilot 2 parter is the weakest part of the show. It picks up fairly fast and by the end I think they really have a handle on what the show should be.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The pilot does that show no favors at all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    We are up to episode 7 of Disenchanted and I'm liking it

Not loving it but its charming enough and I like the characters a fair bit

The best part is the music though, everything is so jaunty!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Episode 10 has a post credits scene fyi. I luckily found a YouTube video or I would never have known

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I'm 5 episodes into Castle Rock and this show is very much my shit.

But my gosh, the references and the winks to the audience are kinda ridiculously blatant huh.

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    The only reference I rolled my eyes over was Jackie Torrence.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Zonugal wrote: »

Are you kidding me? Ross is a massive narc

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Are you kidding me? Ross is a massive narc

Ross used to smoke pot in college.

On this particular issue he's not calling the cops.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    There are loads of people that smoked weed in college that would narc on folks later in life

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    phoebe ain't fucking snitching

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    also chandler would not snitch because he would not know if pot was cool or not, and he desperately needs to be liked

and joey is your pal, he don't give a fuck

monica, rachel, and ross would drive you directly to prison, tho

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Phoebe doesn't trust cops. No way she's narcing. She's from the streets.

This discussion has been closed.