As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel]Thread:From Miniscule Arthropods, Murderous Tex-Mex lovers, and Marvelous Captains

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    I always wanted to have a Viking Funeral. Put me in a boat with my best sword, set it on fire, push it over a waterfall.

But I also want my remains smuggled into Disney World, like all the people who have had their ashes poured out in the Haunted Mansion before they installed all the night vision cameras.

Current plan - why not both? Valhalla via Splash Mountain. Bonus fun photo for mourners to take home.

Can we do Small World with the body instead?
    Still, some fun photos for the mourners, though without the waterfall I don't know if it works as well.

Sounds like a Pirates of the Caribbean job to me

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    I always wanted to have a Viking Funeral. Put me in a boat with my best sword, set it on fire, push it over a waterfall.

But I also want my remains smuggled into Disney World, like all the people who have had their ashes poured out in the Haunted Mansion before they installed all the night vision cameras.

Current plan - why not both? Valhalla via Splash Mountain. Bonus fun photo for mourners to take home.

Can we do Small World with the body instead?
    Still, some fun photos for the mourners, though without the waterfall I don't know if it works as well.

Sounds like a Pirates of the Caribbean job to me

Sharing your eternal resting place with an animatronic Johnny Depp? No thanks.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    When I die I want my body to be implanted within a tree pod and planted in a family relatives' backyard.

I want the tree to be an apple tree.

And I want, many years in the future, for people to eat apples with my spirit within them.

Apple pie, apple chips, apple cider, apple crisp, apple juice, ect...

Just eating ol' Zonugal in a variety of ways.
    Please tag NSFW content.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    When I die I want my body to be implanted within a tree pod and planted in a family relatives' backyard.

And I want, many years in the future, for people to eat apples with my spirit within them.

This is such a long plan

Just fuckin' have a friend barbecue you and serve it to all your friends

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

This is such a long plan

Then he only gets to infect the souls of a small handful of people who will also die in the near future. He's playing the long game of generations of potential vassals.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

This is such a long plan

But then I am only consumed for one meal!

I want my body to provide an eternal bounty for all.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Honestly? Why die.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    jimmy you are extremely confident that your toxic body can even grow a tree

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Oh it will grow a tree alright. Gnarled and fell, but with the most luscious-seeming fruit known to man.

I can picture it, like the opening scene of a horror movie

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jimmy Dean is gonna be in the live action Snow White, you heard it here first

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    That's very bizarre and unsettled I need a stiff drink and a shower after reading that post.

DouglasDanger on
    The cruel twist is he won't actually be able to do anything. Just a dimly-aware consciousness trapped forever in the bodies of a bunch of people dumb enough to eat fruit from a self-evidently cursed tree

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Oh it will grow a tree alright. Gnarled and fell, but with the most luscious-seeming fruit known to man.

I can picture it, like the opening scene of a horror movie

Yes, please transform me into the Tree of Might.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

maybe if you're lucky your skeleton will be peeking out of a hole in the trunk

BahamutZERO.gif

maybe if you're lucky your skeleton will be peeking out of a hole in the trunk

If I'm lucky it'll just be the Tree of the Dead from Tim Burton's Sleepy Hallow.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Honestly? Why die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a-Xeh5ZeOM
    Are you bus hippie Ryan Gosling by any chance?

I feel like we're all being mighty optimistic about a tree being capable of growing on whatever our planet looks like in a decade (although, to be fair, I don't know when Zonugal is planning on kicking the bucket).

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    When I die I hope that whatever lithe young cannibal murdered me isn't too much of a jerk, and if they are a jerk I hope the heavy metals accumulated in my carcass cause them medical distress

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    There was a glorious opening for a fine young cannibal reference and you fumbled it you jackenape!

Yeah, that missed opportunity drives me crazy.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    you jackenape!

What! What did you just say to me?!

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Exiles continues to be rad and also had 3 great alt-reality characters officially join the team this issue
    Peggy Carter Captain America, her very gay partner Becky Barnes and King, the wild west Black Panther

CYpGAPn.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I feel like we missed a long pig in there somewhere

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Exiles continues to be rad and also had 3 great alt-reality characters officially join the team this issue
    Peggy Carter Captain America, her very gay partner Becky Barnes and King, the wild west Black Panther

I shouldn't have clicked that spoiler but I am 2000% happy about this.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I thought that first one was part of the original pitch for the team?

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2018
    Spoit wrote: »

I thought that first one was part of the original pitch for the team?
    Nah the original team was Khan
    Iron Lad, Blink, Wolvie and Valkyrie

Peggy showed up early on but appeared to have died

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png

Why yes I will take a new Bucky on going thank you. Especially one built around traveling the US and his using the pain and trauma he has gone through to help others who have similarly suffered.

Also Rod Reis is insanely good so that's a huge plus

CYpGAPn.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hey, hey! That isn't about death and cannibalism! Get back on topic!

Does Bucky in the comics have the same hairstyle as the Bucky in the MCU?

If so, a follow up question: why?

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

yes, also the same intense love for colds Year Of The Spider

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Yall who dunk on Bucky's hair are missing the tidal wave of folks on Twitter and Tumblr who lose their mind over it

Folks like long hair on dudes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Well it's more that MCU Bucky has the comics Bucky's hair

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I don't hate long hair! I have long hair! I have had even longer hair than Bucky many times in my life!

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I don't hate long hair! I have long hair! I have had even longer hair than Bucky many times in my life!

I had long hair once.

Then I literally started going bald.

Methinks the Gus protest too much

CYpGAPn.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    "long hair" is not the problem with bucky barnes hairstyle

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

yes, also the same intense love for colds Year Of The Spider

Well he is the world's biggest Puddle of Mud fan...

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Methinks the Gus protest too much

Are you implying that Gus has a Buckey Barnes wig?

Because if you're not, I will.

"long hair" is not the problem with bucky barnes hairstyle
    Well at some point the dumb forum in-joke that gets brought up whenever Bucky is mentioned at all becomes an orobourus about what exactly it is making fun of

CYpGAPn.png
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Listen we are doing the leg work in actually giving him a character

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.