As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Anniversary is over. And 7-stars are here!

EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
edited July 2018 in Games and Technology
u1pkmojvs6e5.jpg

What is Final Fantasy Brave Exvius?
A mobile game for iOS and Android, produced in collaboration between Square Enix (Final Fantasy et al) and Gumi/Alim (responsible for Brave Frontier). The game’s story is based around a young knight named Rain and his friend and stepbrother Lasswell, who one day encounter a strange sight: a young girl trapped in a crystal. Following her words, they encounter the power of “Visions,” or the ability to summon warriors from other places and times to assist in battle.

Note to new or returning players
Due to the developer's servers being hacked, there's a pause on new content presently. No user data was compromised or negatively affected (the developers don't keep that stuff since they outsource it to FB, Google, etc.), but the devs appear to be focusing on security updates in lieu of new content. Do the story, farm some stuff, and I'm sure it'll be rolling with new stuff before we know it!

What is with the name of the game?

It's SquareEnix, responsible for making a trilogy of games called Fabula Nova Crystalis. They're kind of known now for making up fanciful words like Crystarium, and Dissidia Duodecim 012, and 358/2 Days. Be the Bravest Exvius you can be, and define that on your own terms, that's what I say.

I've played Brave Frontier and liked/hated it. How does this compare?

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is an expanded spin on Brave Frontier, with whom it shares some similarities. It's another gacha game, meaning you will earn in-game currency, coming in the form of Friend Points and Lapis, to summon new units on a seemingly unfair spreadsheet of hidden factors that emerge in the form of unique characters, and many familiar to the world of Final Fantasy. This game, though, adds the usual Final Fantasy elements of equipment and materia, giving a surprising depth to the gameplay as units can be mixed and matched with different abilities and stats boosted or modified.Each unit can equip up to 6 types of equipment and 4 materia, but each unit also has limitations and advantages to what they can equip and use.

You mentioned Final Fantasy characters? I love Final Fantasy!

FFBE has a wide variety of characters from Final Fantasy, with its own beefy roster of unique names original to FFBE. Characters from Final Fantasy 1 all the way to 15 and even outliers such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Type-0 are represented. Funny enough, there are no Final Fantasy 7 or 8 characters yet, but they’re coming (we know they are coming soon, due to the JP version being ahead). The animation sprites used in this game are gorgeous, by the way.

The roster of characters in game is a mishmash of various Final Fantasy games and units exclusive to FFBE, although most people care about the FF characters. As previously mentioned, characters are added to the gacha, usually alongside special events that tie into the game they're from (unless it's just more FFBE exclusives). Unlike other games of this type, the rarity isn't just in the higher rank of the unit, but also the characters themselves. You should ignore the fact that the Exdeath you pulled is 3*, for example, because it's possible to increase the rarity of units to their natural cap (Exdeath is capable of reaching 6*, the game's current top rarity).

Further, different units are good at different things. A healer like Rosa may be less valuable than a damage dealer like Gilgamesh, since the best defense is often a good offense. There are other mechanics in play, such as elemental affinity, stat breaks, buffs, and so forth, to keep it ever evolving around the core gameplay.

Here's a link to a site that will update regularly as the global version gets more characters, and ranks the units by various categories to back up the reasoning for their position in the tier list. Unit Rankings

I'm new, and got a bunch of these characters out of my first 11-pull. Are any of these good? I love Shadow/Sabin/Penelo!

Unfortunately, your Shadow/Sabin/Penelo are some of the worst characters in the game. Yes, they are beloved Final Fantasy characters, but that doesn't exclude them from being King of the Trash Heap. Someone has to be, right? A lot of early characters are mainline Final Fantasy units, but by nature of power creep, they’ve been long overshadowed by new units. Different units are powerful or weak in different ways, and just because a unit is popular in their original Final Fantasy series doesn’t mean they will be useful in FFBE.

However, FFBE is unique in that many older units are perfectly viable. Good team composition and strategy can make mid-tier units very good, and sometimes spending a bit of time thinking through a tough fight can result in eeking out a well-deserved win. Many players are F2P (they spend no money) and have a good roster of units, or are otherwise able to tackle some of the hardest content in the game.

If you're just starting out and want to know who to look for, note that as we are 18 months into the game, the hardest content tends to require some fancy gear and "rainbow" base units. If you see a rainbow crystal, rejoice, for it will grant a 5* base unit, which range from useful to very powerful and can easily secure a spot on your team!

THIS SECTION SUBJECT TO PENDING UPDATE

3* units to look for: Cecil, Exdeath, Timothy, Camille -- any that can go to 6, generally, otherwise they're only useful at the very beginning
4* base units to look for (gold crystal or better): Chizuru, Warrior of Light, Garnet, Mystea, Agrias, Refia, Veritas of the Earth, Rikku, Ashe
5* base units to look for (prismatic crystals only): Orlandeau, Veritas of the Dark, Ayaka, Tidus, Onion Knight -- basically anyone but Lightning!
3* base units that if your entire starting roster is full of, you might want to re-roll: Vivi, Lani, Galuf, Shadow, Penelo, Sabin, Maria, Fran, Clyne, Russell, Bedile, Anzelm, Gilbert, Rakshasa, Medius, Cyan

Helpful Links:

ExviusWiki: Best source for Global version information, with maps for exploration dungeons, quest guides, and unit details.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Reddit: The reddit community for FFBE, containing info and updates for both the Japan and Global versions. Check here if you want to know what kind of stuff we'll get 5-6 months in advance since Japan gets it first. Also contains useful player-submitted guides, and has a Wiki which is up to date with the current state of Japan's game, so you can look ahead at unit enhancements and trust masteries, that sort of thing.

Friend ID List!:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HfEIPxz_tV42C8dhfSiuVsWJ_f2YQhXiNg5BwiuJCik/edit?usp=sharing

To find your friend ID in the game, tap Home in the upper right corner (on most screens), then the Menu icon in the upper right, then Player Info on the left. Your ID should look like this in your little character card: 123,456,789. This is also where you change your greeting, and rename your character if you like. Adding friends is the only way to use your "guest character" limit break in combat, and only your current party's Leader is shared to friends. Remember to set a Companion Party from the Options in the Main Menu! This way, you will always have a party set up with a specific character that will be shared to your friends, and you should never ever edit that party except to change the Leader if you want to change who you share.

NEQRlx7.gif

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
EggyToast on

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    This raid has been super generous to me with All Moogles. I'm almost back at having a 100% Moogle ready for a must-have TMR drop.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I'm waiting to pull all my raid coins at once. Then I'll dump all of the cactuars into units that did not max level from the raid XP. I need to do some major inventory clean-up as well. I know it's going to take a long time to sort and merge all of the 4* and 5* units, but I think it will be worthwhile. I really want to rack up some Cloud and Elfreeda moogles and 4* tickets!

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Up to 30% on Cloud's TMR and got my first Marshal Glove moogle this morning.

I'm not going to argue with free progress on meta-defining TMRs, but now I can't use a 100% moogle on those units.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I usually store my moogles in 50% increments so I can deal with stuff like that.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got a rainbow on my daily draw this morning, but rather than something useful it was just a second Onion Knight.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Yeah my unit page is lousy with moogles because I dont want to fuse them into a % total thatll screw up using it on a partially farmed unit.

Still at 20% All, 20% Marshall Glove, 10% Buster Style from this raid. Currently sitting on 270% in Moogles that Im afraid to use. Ill probably finish off Buster/Glove after this week then go back to building up Moogles for TTerras TMR so I can QuadCast

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I'm already there with the moogle. I have a 94% one that I just merged right before realizing my two Elfreedas were at 30% each...

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Had the itch and my friend didn't help me; instead of reining me in, I was peer pressured into using the May 5* ticket.
    I guess I owe him a beer because it turned into my 4th Ayaka for a nice big spirit staff STMR in my future.

• Options
    So I assume the schedule for the month with be FFIV, Nichol, June Collab, Anniversary. Probably depends on what the collab is. I cant see putting Brave Frontier and FFIV MK events back to back, nor CG Nichol and the anniversary CG Banner (assuming we also get that)

Also Zarg Enhancements this month yes?

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    So I assume the schedule for the month with be FFIV, Nichol, June Collab, Anniversary. Probably depends on what the collab is. I cant see putting Brave Frontier and FFIV MK events back to back, nor CG Nichol and the anniversary CG Banner (assuming we also get that)

Also Zarg Enhancements this month yes?

He was released in July last year, so possible but better chance that Zarg is next month.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Are his enhancements worth it?

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I hope so

• Options

We have no idea, he's a GL exclusive. So it's all up to Gumi.

• Options
    D'oh, yeah I forgot... sorry about that!

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I read a theory crafter on Reddit who thinks Zarggasplashtastic!'s enhancements could be OP, since I have 4 of him I'd love for that to be the case.

Man oh man, I was really struggling with Terrarat. Couple attempts where I was only using WoL's FB or chaos grenade (to try and bring decent friend and self chainers) and best I could do was 70% before fully getting murdered. I tried a different tactic (especially since ppl mentioned here how important strong breaks were for it) and grabbed a friend's poorly geared HT Lid. What a freaking difference. Makes me want to pull hard for her if she comes back in CG specific banner at some point.

I realize now CG and WoL FB are only 30% either way (when I ran it I mistakenly thought 45% for WoL), so I'm thinking if my M.Ramza was ready that might've worked fine instead. But HT Lid difference was huge. I never once lost anyone, but I had to use my 2 Sephs with only 600 and 800 attks. So it took probably 14 rounds to bring it down.

Also managed to get full Lure of Echinda down, felt like a pretty good weekend for progress. Getting closer to pulling off a full evade build.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    I had set up some Shines to TMR farm, but that was before the XV raid and the very easy access to 25% dodge with stacking Yda's enhanced and normal TMRs. That coupled with two Ring of Lucii, Assassin's Vest and Basch's TMR means 95% dodge and almost no need for any Shine TMRs.

However, I left them in the farm because "you never know" and glad that they both finished this morning. Now I don't know what to put in there. Drace TMR for a slight upgrade to Fryevia? I have two extra Onion Knights and two (normal) Ramzas. Both of those TMRs are kind of niche now but it doesn't hurt to have them, either. I also have a Rem and Queen just sitting there but those TMRs are also kind of feeling the powercreep into obscurity now. I threw M. Ramza in there for now because if I pull a dupe, I want him to be 7* ready since he's actually worth using now. But there's one extra space...

Current farm team is:
    Snow #1: 85.3%
    Snow #2: 86.4%
    White Knight Noel: 15%
    M. Ramza: 6.6%

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I'm working on a shine and yda at the moment for tmr. I have like hardly any evasion gear and no noctis but I figure I'd start grabbing those. Almost done with .. amelia? .. the one with the gun apron so I can give that to Olive. The others are garnet and the weird looking vivi with black wings.

After those, I've got two more shines I can farm up, then I'll probably take a look at any other dps gear to farm. Non weapons that is. I've got a plethora of those now.

I should look at all those trials and start to see which of those I can start clearing out.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Started farming two Emperors, Victoria, Crowe and Rassler. Team 7star Trance Mustache has got to gear up!

• Options
    Argh I was so close to killing Elnath but I killed the right arm instead of the left arm first so he was magic immune and I was going to do the reflect Thundaja trick.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I'm working on a shine and yda at the moment for tmr. I have like hardly any evasion gear and no noctis but I figure I'd start grabbing those. Almost done with .. amelia? .. the one with the gun apron so I can give that to Olive. The others are garnet and the weird looking vivi with black wings.

After those, I've got two more shines I can farm up, then I'll probably take a look at any other dps gear to farm. Non weapons that is. I've got a plethora of those now.

I should look at all those trials and start to see which of those I can start clearing out.

Just FYI, if you can hit the DH cap on Olive (which is kinda easy with her weapon and innate DH) Cloud's Uniform is actually a lot better than Apron Dress. Apron Dress is still nice to have if you can't hit the cap or for others who use guns who would like the extra 30% ATK.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Cruor wrote: »

Just FYI, if you can hit the DH cap on Olive (which is kinda easy with her weapon and innate DH) Cloud's Uniform is actually a lot better than Apron Dress. Apron Dress is still nice to have if you can't hit the cap or for others who use guns who would like the extra 30% ATK.

Not sure on the cap. Right now she's on sparky, black cowl, cloud's uni, bracer, marshal glove with her four abilities all hit 30% ATK. (broadmind, azure crimson, general offensive, one other I think). that's what the ffbe app recommends for phy damage setup. Throws her just under 1400 atk though she is nowhere near full pot cap.

Mainly I want the apron so I can swap the uniform around without downgrading her much.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options

Not sure on the cap. Right now she's on sparky, black cowl, cloud's uni, bracer, marshal glove with her four abilities all hit 30% ATK. (broadmind, azure crimson, general offensive, one other I think). that's what the ffbe app recommends for phy damage setup.

Mainly I want the apron so I can swap the uniform around without downgrading her much.

Yours is at 250% (150% innate when enhanced, 50% Sparky, 50% Marshall Glove). DH cap is 300%. If you have a regular DH TMR sitting around (was available from MK shop recently I believe) you may see a boost in ATK replacing one of your 30% ATK materia with it.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I'm waiting to pull all my raid coins at once. Then I'll dump all of the cactuars into units that did not max level from the raid XP. I need to do some major inventory clean-up as well. I know it's going to take a long time to sort and merge all of the 4* and 5* units, but I think it will be worthwhile. I really want to rack up some Cloud and Elfreeda moogles and 4* tickets!

I waited till last night to do 350K worth of pulls. Got 20% Buster Style and 5% Marshal Glove, along with a couple normal moogles. I used the Cactuars to level up Cerius just in case I need that sweet 100% resistance action (no marie).
    I usually store my moogles in 50% increments so I can deal with stuff like that.

I leave my 10% moogles alone and merge the lesser ones together. I have a 100% made of all 1% moogles and another closing in. Also have a 100% of 5% moogles. Just not sure what to spend them on.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    It'll never happen, but I'd love it if GUMI moved the Healing crysts up with Green crysts and Black down with Support. Trying to get support crysts is extra painful as entire runs can mostly be healing which I'm pretty sure I've started to sell off.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got my first 10% moogle from my last 160k raid coins. I got 16% total trust from that whole pool.

• Options
    I got ... 3 buster styles for a cloud I do not have and 1 marshal glove which I did get to use. so 4 of those and then ... maybe 7 1% all moogles? I didn't really see much of those with all the pulls I was going thru. I did eck out 1 more of each of the others (breath of rose, catsuit, etc) and just called it quits and started straight up selling them.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Spent: 310k
    Buster Style: 5% (have 2 Clouds)
    Marshall Glove: 40% (have 0 Elfreedas)
    ALL: 8%

Going to save the rest until the end of the event in case I pull something worth leveling.

maraji on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I think you can remove this part from the OP @EggyToast

Due to the developer's servers being hacked, there's a pause on new content presently. No user data was compromised or negatively affected (the developers don't keep that stuff since they outsource it to FB, Google, etc.), but the devs appear to be focusing on security updates in lieu of new content. Do the story, farm some stuff, and I'm sure it'll be rolling with new stuff before we know it!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    So... Is the final form of Sheratan always magic immune or am I doing something wrong? I killed the right hand first and the left hand first and each time it's immune. Otherwise how do people one turn kill it from 29%? It says to use reflect + thundaja.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Wrong boss.

• Options
    Elnath, you mean? Kill the left arm first to make the final phase physical immune. Killing the right arm will make the final form magic immune.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So I had way too many cactuars after doing all my raid summons and well

5jtyrl2.png

This was the result.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'd see that and be immediately relieved that they will almost never pick the right skills. But I'd hesitate before not leaving.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Elnath, you mean? Kill the left arm first to make the final phase physical immune. Killing the right arm will make the final form magic immune.

That's what I thought but he's been magic immune both times....

• Options

That's what I thought but he's been magic immune both times....

Not sure if you're killing both arms? They both have to be killed before the body will drop the right kind of immunity based on which arm was killed first.

• Options
    Yeah I think the first time I screwed something up in phase 3. This time I killed the right arm and he was physical immune. But I had a Lulu with 960 MAG, - 60% SPR, and Ramza singing and couldn't get him from 29% to dead in one turn. He was down to 8%. I'm really not sure how you're supposed to survive each round when he essentially double kills your units.

• Options
    I did some risky pulls tonight. I saw I had six 4* tickets and sixty-two normal tickets. So figured I'd balance out the universe and bring myself down to five and fifty.

And I'd use them on the Cloud banner.

4* yielded a Soleil, which, whatever. Somewhere around the 8th or 9th normal ticket, a gold crystal broke into a rainbow. And Merc Ramza now has his buddy Knight Delita. I guess the armor is nice at least to beef up physical units who can equip it? Not like I need to give it to any tank when I can make them 100% evade...

The next ticket started blue into yellow into rainbow. Elfreeda #2, which was exactly what I wanted (though I wouldn't have said no to a third Cloud, but SMTRs can wait). I can now fully TDH several units, including Hyou when that drops. No Tomb Raider TMRs, but oh well. There's always that future Nal unit.

• Options
    16 tickets on cloud banner. I think I have 8 conrads now. However...

HOWEVER...

One gold went to rainbow and I covered my eyes. I opened them to a Prishe! I now can farm her hairpin.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It was pulled, but FFBE Updates video was posted. FFIV this week with global exclusive changes.

Rydia gets DualCast for her Esper abilities
    Kain chains with friggin Lila...hell goddamn yes!
    Also Zarg Enhancements this month! (and Kings Knight lololol)

Edit: oh wait Ray Jack now chains with Sephiroth?

Reigner on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Ray Jack...the New Randi.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
This discussion has been closed.