As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Anniversary is over. And 7-stars are here!

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I wonder which of Sephiroth's abilities he chains with. Which chaining family has he entered? Also, I hope his enhancements get rid of his innate cover on Order of the Blue Wing or whatever that ability is called. Can't be of much use if he's jumping infront of your tank and dying every round.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I wonder which of Sephiroth's abilities he chains with. Which chaining family has he entered? Also, I hope his enhancements get rid of his innate cover on Order of the Blue Wing or whatever that ability is called. Can't be of much use if he's jumping infront of your tank and dying every round.

Since they said sephiroth specifically and didn't mention a family or set of frames, I'm going to guess he's going to chain with Heaven's light. It's his only move that doesn't chain with anybody until 7 *.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Now as long as Gumi is smart and makes Kain chain with Heaven Shift and not one of Lila's dumb ATK based moves.

Also we're getting Iron Giant, Intangir, and the 4th 10-man this month. Can't wait for another weapon trial where you need CG Sakura stacks or Barbaricia chains to win! It's so great! -_-

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Yeah I was wondering if Kain will chain with Spr or Atk Lila. Rydia's dc looks like one of her 7* abilities early, but don't see something from Kain's 7* list that would match up so probably something new. Everybody wants Spr now but Atk wouldn't be that bad either, harder to gear for but also seems like where her 7* focus is, and a 7* partner wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He does have a dark imbue and her TMR is a dark fist so we'll see.

And yay for another heavy armor with atk.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Also it looks like major QoL improvements this summer with details released at E3. Fusing more than 5 cactuars/units at a time and the reload button fix.

EDIT: Looks like those came right around 7* time in JP. Could be why we are getting a ton of content. Perhaps we'll see some announcement around 7*'s at E3.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Still no mention of the special June collab, but that will probably be next week at E3. I believe they said the live stream will be on the 13th @ 5pm PST. I think we're going to be getting some of the QoL updates in the next major patch. I hope that mean separate enhancement unit pools. I don't want to spend lapis on more unit slots.

Tiphares on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enhancements for Ashe coming too. I might have to do them out of obligation, she carried me for a long time.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    The separate pools just came out in JP so most likely we won't get it, but just cactuar and stat pot fusing will go a long way.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Man what the fuck is going on? Carbuncle somehow didn't apply reflect on my team on that run so my Thundaja killed what was left of them. Ugh... This fight is so long too...

Did you dc thundaja with a single reflect?

Did you dc thundaja with a single reflect?
    That was my thought. DC will reflect the first one and the second will destroy your team.

Ah I think I know. I casted dual quick thunder using BS Sakura. I figured I waited long enough to target my party and targeted Garnet for Thundaja. Quick Thunder #2 hit Garnet and then so did Thundaja which caused overkill and by that time she lost her reflect so she ate the entire thing. I could have reset but I stood there stunned.

Ug, that's some shitty luck man. You'll get it though, I have faith.

So, I really hope Ray Jack's enhancements make him usable. I really do like his sprite and he has some cool things going for him, mainly his ability to AoE chain (only with a dupe, but still). Also, having him chain with Sephiroth really makes taking him along not a huge detriment, since I have a decent amount of Sephiroth friends. It's just...his suicidal cover move, man. They've gotta do something about that. Maybe massively increase the damage mitigation on it and make it so that his healing counter can activate unlimited number of times when he covers? OP? Maybe...but he has to survive in the first place.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Decided to spend some lapis on the tank banner. I’m weak.

Mercenary Ramza
    Spent more
    Gladiolus

Since I now have the set, maybe I should keep going for a 7*

Gladiolus

Gladiolus

.... screw you too, Gumi

maraji wrote: »

Mercenary Ramza
    Spent more
    Gladiolus

Gladiolus

Gladiolus

.... screw you too, Gumi
    At least you got a lot of star quartz in there too. Gladiolus STMR any good?

• LorekLorek Registered User regular

Mercenary Ramza
    Spent more
    Gladiolus

Gladiolus

Gladiolus

.... screw you too, Gumi

Hey, one more and you get probably the best physical tanking materia STMR that lapis can buy.

Lorek wrote: »

Mercenary Ramza
    Spent more
    Gladiolus

Gladiolus

Gladiolus

.... screw you too, Gumi

Hey, one more and you get probably the best physical tanking materia STMR that lapis can buy.

It’s a trap!

On the other hand look at all the awesome 3* TMRs I fused up:

Kupipi: Portal Charm
    Amarant: HP +30%
    Maria: Esuna
    Fang: Equip Spear
    Garland: Equip Large Sword
    Artemios: Equip Bow
    Duane: Bioga Blade

and best of all, I’m only one Luna away from Barrage!

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Equip useless weapon category is my favorite TMR

steam_sig.png
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Equip useless weapon category is my favorite TMR
    And yet I still save one unit to fuse into because, hey, you never know.

Also I found out that neither Maria nor Garland say anything when they give you their TMR. It’s like they’re embarrassed or something.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Could've been worse. Could've been Shadow: Throw.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Personally I think "Drink" is the most useless skill ever.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    ... he’s at 95%

azith28 wrote: »
    Who has that?

edited June 2018
    Mel, one of the units you can pull from the friend point summon. Weird looking hat and outfit lady who looks a bit like Ilias.

El Fantastico on

Drain is the most useless TMR because you can craft it. Thanks Anzelm.

Drain is the most useless TMR

<.<

>.>

... 45%

... he’s at 95%

Who has that?

Mel's TM

Drain is the most useless TMR

<.<

>.>

... 45%

I've finished both Drain and Throw. Also Bioga Blade. And...a lot of other super useless things.

Eventually, those 100% TM units will become valuable currency... in like a year. In the mean time, they will waste valuable unit space.

Woo, Elnath down! This mace isn't all that useful is it?

urahonky wrote: »
    Woo, Elnath down! This mace isn't all that useful is it?

It's BiS on Yun. It's great on Dragonlord because it gives him a good AoE option that takes advantage of DW (Ultima Blow). Other than that, maces aren't that most used weapon type.

Ah, boo. Oh well I'll hang onto it. That Man Eater+ could come in handy.

Someone tell me I dont need to do the last two pulls on my TDH stepup lap to hope for a second Elf.

Reigner wrote: »
    Someone tell me I dont need to do the last two pulls on my TDH stepup lap to hope for a second Elf.

You don't need to. But do you want to? SCRATCH THAT ITCH, CLICK THE BUTTON GO GO GO.

But Ultima is 9 months away guys!

I mean, it's only 10k lapis! You can recoup that in what, a month?

FFIV MK starting this Friday is the rumor? Are there any worthwhile units on the banner?

I'm nearing 15K lapis and I feel like I should do a 5K pull at least on the tank banner.

• DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    How do you know you're getting a bit too obsessed? You start making a spreadsheet...
    oqgefa5miodq.png
    Trying to keep track of TMR farming priorities can be a bit difficult lol

DK_Azrael on
    DK_Azrael wrote: »
    How do you know you're getting a bit too obsessed? You start making a spreadsheet...
    oqgefa5miodq.png

Warning: I'm shooting in the dark since i have no idea what units you own or what you already have farmed... but I have to critique.

I think your priorities may be messed up a bit...Moonblade? Really? Revolving Saw??? I think I have like 3 of them just from combining all the dupes of him i get, not even from a whale perspective, hes just super common. Genji Glove should probably be much higher on that list no matter what units you own. Sage of Mystidia is actually a pretty great TM..Arsha's Talisman, Patriotic Recall, both super great for tanks. Katana Mastery...I don't think they stack with each other? so making 2 might be less useful than you thought. L&A's are great for certain characters...

Katana Mastery doesnt stack. If you have Estarks sword and Excalibur 1, you dont need to worry with Revolving Saw or Excalibur II yet. Especially since you dont have your TDH gear farmed up. Go for big swinging changes over small 5-6 point upgrades.

I kind of agree with azith28. I mean, go ahead and finish off Revolving Saw and Fairy Headband because they're pretty close, but I would push up some of those items you have at lower priority.

Genji Glove is absolutely a high priority accessory. Arsha's Talisman is a good tank accessory. If you have a Cloud and Buster Style ready, I would put both of those Marshal Gloves up ahead of Moonblade and Deathbringer.

Your list of TMs is sort of all over the place. You look like you're favoring physical attack units over magical at first, but then you have Letters and Arms, Mystic Sashes and Death Traps which are all things that would go towards building up a Fryevia or T.Terra. So if you have one of those, great. Even more reason to push Genji Glove up ahead of something like Aqua Blade so you're not wasting that dual-wield slot and have a good accessory to enable BiS MAG builds.

This discussion has been closed.