As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Can you still go into the tower without the Silph Scope? What's it like?

You can, but you can't catch any Ghosts nor reach the top level.

What do they look like?

They're pretty faithful 3d renditions of the original sprites, in my opinion.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Rad that's one of my favorite sprites

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Looking at them side-by-side, the new ones lack the ghostly smoke effect, but otherwise I like them.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    It is nice not having to worry about levitate preventing me from quaking everything to death but I would prefer having abilities back.
    Also please add an ability that stops pokemon from biting ghosts.

Biting ghosts is a long and storied tradition for ghostbusting activities in the Pokemon universe, and I will not have you besmirch its good name!

Does make Shedinja functionally unusable tho..

There are many, many things that make Shedinja unusable that are more relevant than Crunch and Fire Fang.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    It is nice not having to worry about levitate preventing me from quaking everything to death but I would prefer having abilities back.

Biting ghosts is a long and storied tradition for ghostbusting activities in the Pokemon universe, and I will not have you besmirch its good name!

There are many, many things that make Shedinja unusable that are more relevant than Crunch and Fire Fang.

Like... Bite? The Dark type move practically every Pokemon has.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Like... Bite? The Dark type move practically every Pokemon has.

I got hit by rock moves a lot more than dark moves when I used Shedinja in Emerald, iunno.

Also any zone where there's perma hail or sandstorm.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    FYI if you're interested in trading or battling a random someone, use the code Pikachu x3. It's been made the defacto "random trade/battle" code.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have bought Let's Go Eevee
    I don't have Switch Online right now but I may pick up a month so I can trade with some of you folks

• Options
    I now have an Electrode rolling behind me

GAME OF THE YEAR

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    How many different games/saves/users can you run at the same time? Can I play through on my own stuff after my daughter goes to bed,or am I stuck catching Pidgeys with her until she's ready to advance?

Sunrize on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Sunrize wrote: »
    How many different games/saves/users can you run at the same time? Can I play through on my own stuff after my daughter goes to bed,or am I stuck catching Pidgeys with her until she's ready to advance?

It's one save file per user on the Switch. So as long as you and your daughter play on different accounts you can each have your independent save files.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Just to make sure I understand that right,we need different Nintendo accounts (which are free?) and there is a menu where we change back and forth? I'm buying a Switch specifically for this so I'm not familiar with the interface.Thanks!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Sunrize wrote: »
    Just to make sure I understand that right,we need different Nintendo accounts (which are free?) and there is a menu where we change back and forth? I'm buying a Switch specifically for this so I'm not familiar with the interface.Thanks!

Yep. By default, the Switch always asks which account you want to use when booting up a game.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And for trading (which is done through the internet only, no LAN trading option that I'm aware of), you have to have the Ninteno Online account, but they offer a family plan at a decent rate.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    There's a local wireless trading option between two different systems.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I feel bad for parents with Pokemon-loving kids who want multiple Switches so they don't have to share this holiday season.

Your wallets have our condolences.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    probably shoulda done a better job raising your kids not to be so greedy tho

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    On the one hand, you can buy two 2DSs and two copies of Ultra SuMo for the price of a single switch and copy of Let's Go so I get that it's a huge price jump.

But when I was growing up, the idea that me and my sister would even both get brand new Game Boy games, for Christmas, much less our own Game Boys would have been laughable.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Man, I consider playing a single player game with multiple siblings a part of growing up.

• Options
    Yeah for me its more about avoiding frustrations. I don't mind the sharing, that's what I'm most excited about!

• Options
    I'm genuinely kind of surprised (positively) that they're allowing multiple saves per game at all. I half-expected them to circumvent standard practice and have the save embedded on the cartridge like usual.

I guess there's still a non-zero chance they do that with the next one, this being more a "casual" game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    being able to play multiple saves of a pokemon game with one system and one copy of the game makes me feel like the guy eating continental breakfast in Key & Peele

Shorty on
  • Options
    There goes my flimsy pretense for buying the other version a year later...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Buy an entire other Switch and version of the game so you can trade Pokemon with yourself.

• Options
    edited November 2018

Buy an entire other Switch and version of the game so you can trade Pokemon with yourself.

No, I'm not a kid anymore.

If I buy an entire other Switch and version of the game it would be so I can trade Pokemon with my boyfriend

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Fuck
    What's my rival's name

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Fuck
    What's my rival's name
    Dark Souls

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Fuck
    What's my rival's name

If Professor Oak doesn't know I dunno why you expect us to

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Fuck
    What's my rival's name

If Professor Oak doesn't know I dunno why you expect us to

L... E... X... I...

• Options
    Oh fuck, got an Alolan Vulpix in my second Gift Egg in Go, so now I can get a proper Alolan Ninetails in Let's Go instead of using the traded one.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Fuck
    What's my rival's name

I named him "some jerk" and it made some dialogue funny.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    my rival's name, since the days of red and blue, has been and will always be "smellvis"

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    fuck that's good

• Options
    edited November 2018

Veevee Volley is chef kiss

Also RIP Lickitung

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    While it can't compete with that, I just wanted to say that the animation for Waterfall is freakin' rad.

• Options
    I hate the increasing focus the games have on "instant win button" attacks

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The post-game seems to have a huge level jump over the Pokémon league. Mewtwo is level 70 and the Eevee master trainer is level 75. My highest level Pokémon is 57.

I don't really feel like having to catch a hundred pokémon to grind levels.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I'm playing Pokemon Go again since the lady has picked it up to work with Lets Go and that game still has issues but it succeeds more than any other Pokemon game in one regard: actually pulling off the Pokemon Trainer fantasy

You can have something similar in the other titles by implementing your own rules and thats fine but the fact that with Go you don't get a super powerful free starter, you don't get free legendaries and you have to make due with what you can find and catch at any given moment is something none of the other games have really done

My most powerful Pokemon is an Exeggutor! That's weird as hell! It rules!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The basic idea of Let's Go is good. Running around and catching Pokemon is cool. The actual execution of that where you gotta seek out specific and often inconvenient locations regularly in order to get the stuff that lets you actually do that isn't good and they also completely fail at giving you anything interesting to do with the Pokemon. But the core there is neat, yeah.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.