As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] Sword and Shield: Out now. Mark your spoilers!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Awful. Just awful. The days when being a shiny also meant being pretty weak in everything.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I got a shiny Exeggcute in Silver a while back. My original Gold save was lost to battery failure back in high school and I legit can't remember if I had any shinies.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I never had a shiny until I got a shiny Mawile while breeding in Black 2. And then later I got a shiny Zubat while EV training in Moon.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Awful. Just awful. The days when being a shiny also meant being pretty weak in everything.

I kind of like it. "This Pokemon isn't very good in battle but it's special in its own way" is a very Pokemon concept.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Guess who sent an Alolan Rattata with just 20 hp left against a Cutifly who knew Struggle Bug?

RIP Chevron the Rattata.

But DreadZepplin the Drifloon stomped Hala into the dirt since he only has one Pokemon that can hit ghosts.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I kind of like it. "This Pokemon isn't very good in battle but it's special in its own way" is a very Pokemon concept.

That nonsense is how we got baby pokemon.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

That nonsense is how we got baby pokemon.

Baby Pokemon are special in no way

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love baby pokemon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Baby Pokemon are a thing that exists is my official stance.

• Options
    The Gen 2 ones are fine because they're introducing the Pokemon lifecycle, such as it is, but I really don't like the gen 3 and 4 backfills

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Babies are good, and if you don't like these sweet boys I don't know what to tell you.

OKcAvQ9.png0LCaHfQ.pngznucAE4.png

TamerBill on
    3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Does Togepi really count as a Baby? It wasn't added in later like Munclax and Bonsly were.

• Options
    Does Togepi really count as a Baby? It wasn't added in later like Munclax and Bonsly were.

Neither was Riolu, that's not part of the definition. If an unevolved pokemon can't breed, but it evolves into a pokemon that can breed, it's a baby.

• Options

Yes, when its added has no bearing on whether it's a baby.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Togepi is so bad they did the anime egg plot again with Scraggy the best pokemon to apologize

• Options
    Togepi is so bad they did the anime egg plot again with Scraggy the best pokemon to apologize

They did the plot again because their target audience wasn't born when they did it the first time.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    Well, it is shiny. Glistening, even.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Does this game have pokerus?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

No. It doesn't have EVs, so pokerus would be useless.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

No. It doesn't have EVs, so pokerus would be useless.

So the whole AVs thing is not just a rename for EV its a different thing entirely?

• Options
    Similar concept but functionally different

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Tip:
    If you're running low on berries like me, you can get a decent amount running around clicking in the yellow flowers on Pokemon Road (Route 17)

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Invest Nintendo-money in next generation tall grass-technology to have pokemon run around the map and hard to identify.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY CHARMANDER IN GO WHICH MEANS I CAN TRANSFER IT TO LETS GO WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY WORK WITH THE NEXT MAIN POKEMON GAME

A LEGITIMATELY ACQUIRED SHINY CHARIZARD

MY FAVORITE POKEMON

AAAAAAAHHH

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh hey, since I'd caught a Rattata, Wingull, and Slowpoke in my Ultra Moon Nuzlocke, guess who became a guaranteed capture?

Bagon in Kala'e Bay.

Currently sitting at Torracat, Magnemite, Slowpoke, Sylveon, Bagon, and Drifloon, trying to prepare for that scary as hell Totem Araquanid.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Can I send Pokemon in lets go to Pokemon go?

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Can I send Pokemon in lets go to Pokemon go?

Nope, only the other way around

In happy news, I caught a pinsir finally!

And I caught a shiny bulbasaur in Go. Wondering if I should transfer that over?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    No, but there is this
    Serebii wrote:
    There is some connectivity with Pokémon Let's Go into Pokémon GO. Through the game, you'll have the ability to send a special Mystery Box to Pokémon GO. To do this, you have to connect your Pokémon GO game to a Pokémon Let's Go game and you'll automatically be sent the Mystery Box. When it is open, for 30 minutes you will have the opportunity to capture up to 10 Meltan. Meltan can also be sent to Let's Go

This box can be reopened after a week once another Pokémon has been sent to Pokémon Let's Go. After this time, to reopen it, you need to send a Pokémon back to a Pokémon Let's Go game.

This connectivity is required to get more than 1 Meltan and Melmetal in Pokémon Let's Go.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Friends made me play Master Trainer today and now I’m never playing Pokemon again in my entire life

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I would be very surprised if Let's Go connects with the Gen 8 game at all

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    They managed for the Gen 1 e-shop releases through Bank, plus they obviously want people who jumped (back) on board with Let's Go to get next year's game; being able to transfer to them is a significant selling point.

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Wouldnt be much of a bridge game if the bridge didnt connect to anything.

• Options
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    Wouldnt be much of a bridge game if the bridge didnt connect to anything.

The bridge is to a console from cellphones.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gju6j3f2xTc

Definitely my favourite bridge.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    sex4d1b27nqz.png

That's from Serebii. 1in 273 when you have a combo of 31+, a lure, and a shiny charm. That's pretty good.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Totem Araquanid is friggin scary in Nuzlockes. If I didn't have Sylveon to tank via Light Screen and Draining Kiss, someone was bound to die fighting it. Leech Life would have killed Slowpoke, Bubble Torracat, Bite Drifloon, Aurora Beam Bagon, and even Magnemite would just get cheese gratered since it has that Electric- resist berry.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    So I’ve been playing Pokémon Go again since I’ve been holding off on Let’s Go, I’m still not sure I ever want to try raiding but yet I want that Mew so...

I’ve also caught my first two shinies in less than a week, a Murkrow and a Beldum! I can’t remember if I have a shiny in any of the main games.

If anyone wants to be friends I’ve got some gifts collecting dust. My code is 3676 7510 2939

Edit: make that two shiny Beldums WTF.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Hey poke-people

I'm playing Let's Go and I have an adorable Alolan Sandshrew

I don't think I want it to evolve into a Sandslash, since that's not as cute

Is there a good reason for me to evolve it anyway?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    So I’ve been playing Pokémon Go again since I’ve been holding off on Let’s Go, I’m still not sure I ever want to try raiding but yet I want that Mew so...

I’ve also caught my first two shinies in less than a week, a Murkrow and a Beldum! I can’t remember if I have a shiny in any of the main games.

If anyone wants to be friends I’ve got some gifts collecting dust. My code is 3676 7510 2939

Edit: make that two shiny Beldums WTF.

Go is having Community Event: Revengeance now, so all the Pokes that had events this year are showing up and have higher shiny rates for this weekend. I just got a pink Dratini.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.