Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Tossin' Nades and Mournin' Caydes

GMaster7GMaster7 Chili Dog EnthusiastRegistered User regular
edited June 2018 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.


vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (April 10, 2018): We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on
DajoranHermanoPeen
«13456799

Posts

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    So I guess I'm a Void Hunter main now

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    metaghostBeezelZombie GandhiPeenHuggles
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Fabled Mythic Member MichiganRegistered User regular
    Carryover from last thread.

    Guys the FWC sparrow looks like a bullet and it's ridiculous and I want it.

    steam_sig.png
    Dyvim TvarHuggles
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Chili Dog Enthusiast Registered User regular
    I am ultra-reliant (and a HUGE fan) of Striker Titan's punch-to-heal, but maybe that's because I don't raid enough (where punching is not as commonplace or advisable). I'm digging the look of the GIANT HAMMER for Hammerbro and will get back to burninating in the spirit of that sweet future ability.

    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    3clipse
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    er6fjhsdu1z3.png


    That'll do pig.... that'll do.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Khraulskyknyt
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
    skyknyt
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    I actually like Incendiary grenades a lot, they feel like one of the stronger options

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro Jack is back Time to let 'er ripRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    someone tell me which faction to pledge, my default would be NM but is there like...actually good gun or gear to get from one of them this time
    The major things are the catalysts, I think: DO has one for Graviton Lance, FWC for Sunshot, NM I dunno.

    NM is Sweet Business, makes it where you hardly flinch from incoming shots when it's spun up

    which combined with someone's Lunafaction rift sounds rad as heck for some encounters, as well as just nice for PVP if you roll with the Business

    Personally I chose NM though for the super cool helm ornaments, the Hunter and Warlock one look very Transformery, and fashion is my #1 goal

    yegXk2N.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Registered User regular
    Patch Notes from the hotfix today:
    Activities
    • Fixed an issue where Nightfall Unique Rewards were not available

    Bungie.net and Destiny Companion App
    • Fixed an issue where players could fully un-equip weapons from weapon slots using the Bungie.net API

    Miscellaneous
    • Fixed an issue where players with Nvidia-powered laptops would launch into a permanent black screen and were unable to progress to gameplay

    Nightfall reward fixed AND DIM returned to its full glory? Niiiiiiiiice

    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Dyvim TvarDajoranErevarcB557
  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    I'm not anticipating any significant adjustments to the "Core Talents" of each subclass structure, just an additional attunement cluster.

    That said, I really like the Sunbro's grenade package. Flamewall and Incendiary both have good strategic functions in PvP, and they're all reasonably lethal in PvE.

    Bandcamp (I make weird rap music) / PSN: Mugen_Kikaider
  • LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    @Muffinatron I'm sorries

    They are dead...you..are..not...
    metaghost3clipseMagicPrimecB557ElementWrathrndmheroskyknytCormac
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    ???

    Thermite grenades are beasts.

    Sentinel titans are the ones with fairly crappy grenade options.

    ElementWrath
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    I've had a pretty big string of losses in crucible this morning and yesterday; but right before I got booted for the patch I had one of my favorite losses ever.

    We were getting our ass handed to us most of the round, down by 30+, the usual stuff (supremacy). I got sniper ammo and took out 3 of them and it seemed to snap their groove, then I felt like a god for a good two minutes just wrecking them left and right, got 7 kills from a single super, caught us up and took the lead for a moment. One of their guys even bailed. It could have been patch/server related, but I like to think it was because I made them ragequit.

    We still lost, 94-100 but it was still delightful.

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

    Peen
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    ???

    Thermite grenades are beasts.

    Sentinel titans are the ones with fairly crappy grenade options.

    My experience with thermite grenade has been pretty negative. It tends to land at a weird angle, or enemies easily dodge out after the first pulse and take no additional damage, and it does nothing to enemies standing on narrow platforms (e.g. Calus) or hovering in the air.

    drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
    skyknyt
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Rally daily milestone is 3 strikes.

    Good thing I did all my heroics yesterday!

    :(

    Looks like the API stuff (and thus DIM) are scheduled to be down until 1pm pacific (so 3 hours from this post).

    Bleh.

    EDIT: Why can't you sort the fucking vault by power level?

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    ???

    Thermite grenades are beasts.

    Sentinel titans are the ones with fairly crappy grenade options.

    My experience with thermite grenade has been pretty negative. It tends to land at a weird angle, or enemies easily dodge out after the first pulse and take no additional damage, and it does nothing to enemies standing on narrow platforms (e.g. Calus) or hovering in the air.

    Grenades like that I consider well used if the only purpose they served was area control. Doesn't have to do a damage, just enough to keep enemies out of a hall for a few seconds and direct them elsewhere.

    In PvE, yeah, meh.

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

    3clipse
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Datto pointed out that new Arc Titan super might be a version of Death From Above which, YES PLZ

    Yeah, it looked like:

    1. Arc Titans get OG Smash w/built-in DFA
    2. Sunbros get bigger hammer that makes tornadoes
    3. Voidlock gets 3rd-person super-blink mode with AoE attacks
    4. Stormcaller gets Cyclops blast
    5. Nightstalkers get D1 Arcblade w/built in invis-effect, because they're the true weeb of the Destiny universe
    6. Gunslingers get Solar Knives that fan out, kinda like a shotgun version of Golden Gun?
    7. Arcstrider can deflect attacks with their staff
    8. Sentinel was shown doing Bubble, but that doesn't say much
    9. Didn't see Sunsinger anywhere

    There was a shot of Sentinel and Dawnblade popping supers at the same time, Bubble was extra large and red tinted, while the Dawnblade inside was kneeling with their sword in the ground. My wild speculation is some kind of super synergy system[/quote]


    PSN- AHermano
    Dajoran
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    ???

    Thermite grenades are beasts.

    Sentinel titans are the ones with fairly crappy grenade options.

    Suppressor grenades are good, better than incendiary IMHO, in PvP anyway. Sentinel grenades are terrible in PvE.

    shryke3clipseDyvim Tvar
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    Datto pointed out that new Arc Titan super might be a version of Death From Above which, YES PLZ

    Yeah, it looked like:

    1. Arc Titans get OG Smash w/built-in DFA
    2. Sunbros get bigger hammer that makes tornadoes
    3. Voidlock gets 3rd-person super-blink mode with AoE attacks
    4. Stormcaller gets Cyclops blast
    5. Nightstalkers get D1 Arcblade w/built in invis-effect, because they're the true weeb of the Destiny universe
    6. Gunslingers get Solar Knives that fan out, kinda like a shotgun version of Golden Gun?
    7. Arcstrider can deflect attacks with their staff
    8. Sentinel was shown doing Bubble, but that doesn't say much
    9. Didn't see Sunsinger anywhere

    There was a shot of Sentinel and Dawnblade popping supers at the same time, Bubble was extra large and red tinted, while the Dawnblade inside was kneeling with their sword in the ground. My wild speculation is some kind of super synergy system

    I never knew how much I wanted a super synergy system until now.

    HermanoEl MuchoErevarmetaghost3clipseweddellkwFawstElementWrathFrem
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Regarding PC chat, it's been nearly a year of ignoring in game chat of any type. I feel like it will meet the same fate.

    Future Employee of Planetary Acquisitions, Inc.
    pNRtexA.png
    shrykeEl Mucho
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    3clipse wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    I sure hope they give sunbros some better grenade options though because yikes.

    ???

    Thermite grenades are beasts.

    Sentinel titans are the ones with fairly crappy grenade options.

    My experience with thermite grenade has been pretty negative. It tends to land at a weird angle, or enemies easily dodge out after the first pulse and take no additional damage, and it does nothing to enemies standing on narrow platforms (e.g. Calus) or hovering in the air.

    They will occasionally whiff funny because of terrain, yeah. But you get the same shit with any of the bouncy grenades. They do amazing damage and area control though. They are basically the fire version of pulse grenades, but with what seems like a larger area.

    In PvE especially they are just godly. Throw in front of back of enemies, watch them all melt. Or throw in front of a boss or big guy, watch them take massive damage and stagger if they can be staggered. You can totally get it on all but the narrowest of ledges by aiming properly.

    Basically the only thing they don't do is kill enemies not standing over ground. AFAIK they will hit floating enemies like wizards as long as they are low enough near the ground.

    Back when Nightfall had modifiers, when you got the ones that let you spam abilities you just slapped on Hallowfire Heart chest and then could spam grenades as fast as you could complete the animation. With thermites you'd literally kill everything in sight because you could turn the whole floor into lava. Was hilarious.

    shryke on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    AQ2We6q.png


    It's a good look. I've put MW cores into all the pieces.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
    shrykeHermanoPapaganderHugglesBolthornCatalaseakjakDajoranCormacchemicalkb
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Two images of the Sentinel/Dawnblade supers
    81sx437cnyqs.png


    a4q28543v2x2.png

    Hermano on

    PSN- AHermano
    Erevar
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Was grinding tokens last night and got a (DO-specific?) Titan-only sword on my Warlock. I didn't know class-only weapons were even a thing in D2.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Two images of the Sentinel/Dawnblade supers
    69t8ja3ae0bc.png



    82rmp8o6y5uf.png

    I feel like the red tinge is supposed to be what you look like to enemy players when you "invade" their side in Gambit. Pretty much the same look as Dark Souls.

    oHqYBTXm.jpg
    metaghostMagicPrimecB557Dyvim Tvarskyknyt
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Was grinding tokens last night and got a (DO-specific?) Titan-only sword on my Warlock. I didn't know class-only weapons were even a thing in D2.

    Which sword was it?

    There are only 3 class-only weapons in the game afaik. When you complete the vanilla campaign you get a sword. Crown-Splitter for Titan, Eternity's Edge for Warlock and Quickfang for Hunter.

  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    New Token Challenge is to do 3 Strikes.

    Not sure what the payout is but doubt its even worth it.

  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Was grinding tokens last night and got a (DO-specific?) Titan-only sword on my Warlock. I didn't know class-only weapons were even a thing in D2.

    Which sword was it?

    There are only 3 class-only weapons in the game afaik. When you complete the vanilla campaign you get a sword. Crown-Splitter for Titan, Eternity's Edge for Warlock and Quickfang for Hunter.

    Crown-splitter.

    I do remember getting those swords now on my Warlock and Hunter. Totally had forgotten they existed.

    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Also, got my Polaris Lance catalyst this morning and went to try the farming method in the Castellum on Leviathan.

    It's legit. Super fast and easy, if a bit dull.

    Just go into Leviathan, go to the Castellum and start the spawns. Prep the solar charge and then headshot a normal Cabal infantry who is at full health. The burn will kill them, you get the credit. Repeat 50 times.

    Took me like 15 minutes and you could easily do it faster.

    Fawst
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    New Token Challenge is to do 3 Strikes.

    Not sure what the payout is but doubt its even worth it.

    I assume 15 tokens.

  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    Two images of the Sentinel/Dawnblade supers
    69t8ja3ae0bc.png



    82rmp8o6y5uf.png

    I feel like the red tinge is supposed to be what you look like to enemy players when you "invade" their side in Gambit. Pretty much the same look as Dark Souls.

    Yeah that's possible, there's still a Dawnblade super going on in there, it's not clear what it's doing though


    PSN- AHermano
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    You seem to get 7-9 for heroic strikes so thats around 39 tokens for 3 strikes with the challenge.

    I average 15 minutes per strike, so around 50 minutes for barely 2 turnins... Not great.

    Decent enough for characters who still need the milestone though.

    Edit: Anti-fun Blackout is the modifier today, especially shitty if you are hard of hearing...

    Sirialis on
    Dyvim Tvar
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    Datto pointed out that new Arc Titan super might be a version of Death From Above which, YES PLZ

    Yeah, it looked like:

    1. Arc Titans get OG Smash w/built-in DFA
    2. Sunbros get bigger hammer that makes tornadoes
    3. Voidlock gets 3rd-person super-blink mode with AoE attacks
    4. Stormcaller gets Cyclops blast
    5. Nightstalkers get D1 Arcblade w/built in invis-effect, because they're the true weeb of the Destiny universe
    6. Gunslingers get Solar Knives that fan out, kinda like a shotgun version of Golden Gun?
    7. Arcstrider can deflect attacks with their staff
    8. Sentinel was shown doing Bubble, but that doesn't say much
    9. Didn't see Sunsinger anywhere

    There was a shot of Sentinel and Dawnblade popping supers at the same time, Bubble was extra large and red tinted, while the Dawnblade inside was kneeling with their sword in the ground. My wild speculation is some kind of super synergy system

    I never knew how much I wanted a super synergy system until now.

    ...since Chrono Trigger and double- or triple-Techs.
    ...since FFXI and skillchains w/ magic burst.

    We already tend to coordinate our supers in raid activities. It would be seriously awesome if that sort of coordination was encouraged/rewarded.

    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
    ObiFettEl MuchoHermanoWassermelonePeenFrem
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I was thinking it would be neat if they added fun synergies between subclasses and weapons. Small perks for using specific weapon types, like gunslinger gets hand cannon perks or bonuses to solar weapons. Things along those lines.

    B.Net: Saldonas#1623
    Path of Exile: Carthuun -- https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Carthuun/characters
    Steam: EvilMonkeyNinja
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think instead of specific weapons it would be good to just have a general buff to weapon attributes

    Gunslingers used to get bonuses to reload and stability with consecutive precision kills. Titans could get larger mags, free ammo, etc with skill. Warlocks could get something related to the element on guns. Maybe even attach elemental damage to kinetics.

    3clipse
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Can you get the perks of having faction gear for this rally if its not your pledge? Like I have DO gear still on my titan, but in my inner canon my Lock has always been FWC and my Hunter pledges NM. So I have those sets still but havent tried yet to see if I can work on them or if they will add bonus to renown while I'm pledged unlaterally to DO. I'll see for myself when I get home, but I really really don't want to have to farm gear for them for DO. Not just it violates my head canon, but it would be tedious af too.

    I don't hate the mechanics per se, but this is shaping up to be my least favorite FR yet. And that's disappointing because I really like the rewards this time. That FWC Sparrow is neat, and while I have the VTOL looking ship from random Mars drop, I'd love to gnab that one in NM as well. They do so much right in this game, but they always overcompensate by messing up things that were working fine too.

    edit: it would be nice if I could start working on my NM/FWC ornaments while pledging DO, but I'm not holding my breath on it. (and likewise, would be great if I could continue working on DO ornaments after pledging something else if that's all I have left)

    Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
    Zombie Gandhi
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    Can you get the perks of having faction gear for this rally if its not your pledge? Like I have DO gear still on my titan, but in my inner canon my Lock has always been FWC and my Hunter pledges NM. So I have those sets still but havent tried yet to see if I can work on them or if they will add bonus to renown while I'm pledged unlaterally to DO. I'll see for myself when I get home, but I really really don't want to have to farm gear for them for DO. Not just it violates my head canon, but it would be tedious af too.

    I don't hate the mechanics per se, but this is shaping up to be my least favorite FR yet. And that's disappointing because I really like the rewards this time. That FWC Sparrow is neat, and while I have the VTOL looking ship from random Mars drop, I'd love to gnab that one in NM as well. They do so much right in this game, but they always overcompensate by messing up things that were working fine too.

    edit: it would be nice if I could start working on my NM/FWC ornaments while pledging DO, but I'm not holding my breath on it. (and likewise, would be great if I could continue working on DO ornaments after pledging something else if that's all I have left)

    No. AFAIK all the ornaments say you must be pledged to the faction in question.

  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    It does kind of go against the spirit of the rally to have any kind of versatility this time. Ah well, ty.

    “There are no happy endings, for nothing ends.”
    FFXIV | Lyr Deren
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Interesting tidbit, while we are talking about grenades:

    I ran into some info suggesting the new Titan exotic Ashen Wake had a hidden perk to it. They are arms and the perk says:
    BRING THE HEAT Fusion Grenades now explode on impact and gain increased throw speed.

    However it seems they also buff Fusion grenade damage. Seemingly by a lot.

    My testing in PvE suggests they triple the damage of the fusion grenade.

    Can't really do any PvP testing, maybe in a private match at some point, but videos I've seen suggest that with Ashen Wake on fusion explodes instantly and removes the entire shield on your target.

    Gonna fiddle with these in PvE after faction rallying is done and see if they are any good now.

    shryke on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Ashen Wake really needs something else, like more grenade energy with a grenade kill or something. The fastball special is okay...ish... but for an exotic about fusion grenades, it lacks any real 'spice'

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    Fawst
  • 3clipse3clipse I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Interesting tidbit, while we are talking about grenades:

    I ran into some info suggesting the new Titan exotic Ashen Wake had a hidden perk to it. They are arms and the perk says:
    BRING THE HEAT Fusion Grenades now explode on impact and gain increased throw speed.

    However it seems they also buff Fusion grenade damage. Seemingly by a lot.

    My testing in PvE suggests they triple the damage of the fusion grenade.

    Can't really do any PvP testing, maybe in a private match at some point, but videos I've seen suggest that with Ashen Wake on fusion explodes instantly and removes the entire shield on your target.

    Gonna fiddle with these in PvE after faction rallying is done and see if they are any good now.

    Whoa. Post damage numbers if you can. Curious how it stacks up against thermite grenade/pulse grenade.

    drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.
«13456799
This discussion has been closed.